It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Pyramids a global counterweight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'd like to present a small theory, in the hope that perhaps someone with more technical insight, could shed some llight on the plausibility.

After seeing a docu about the pyramids, called "revelations of the pyramids" it dawned on me that perhaps the pyramids and all other gigantic structures, of witch most are placed around the entire planet (egypt, yugoslavia, china, south america, easter island etc., and seem to form a equator/circle at an angle of 33 degrees), are there to balance the world. Just like you add a small counterweight on a particular spot on the rim of a car tire, to keep it from vibrating at a certain speed.

Could this be done on a planetary scale, and if so, what effect could the one's have (had), we have right now? What could have been caused/prevented with it?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

The Great Pyramid of Giza is estimated to weigh in at about 6.5 million tonnes.

Planet Earth is estimated to weigh about 6,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000 (6E+24), or 6e+21e+21 tonnes.

So, the Pyramid isn't even 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% the weight of the world.

That's one #ty counterbalance.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Highly unlikely as gravity dictates balance. And said structures would be too light to be an effective counter weight. They are massive on human turns, but planet wise they really don't make a dent in the weight of the world.

The 33 degree line could easily be astrological in origin as was the same for the theme when they were built. they were also placed along ley lines, some are even in direct alignment to stars and certain astrological events and calender motiffs.

There is a reason they were constructed in such a way, only I highly doubt weight was the reason. Again too light.

They were built for the sky, not the earth.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yeah they could have been used to not only balance out the planet, but harness energy. Sacred sites seemed to be more "charged up" than other places in the world, and each structure was built in a specific way according to the energy at each location. They do seem all connected to one another, and maybe if just one structure was taken out or destroyed, it could cause a chain reaction and the entire planet could become unbalanced as a result.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Seems too insignificant in mass to be any kind of counter balance, i do think they channel energy. Also if the surfaces were still smooth and polished then from space the radar signature the great pyramid would return could indicate some type of beacon or signal, like were here Osiris come and get us!
edit on 11-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The stone used in the pyramids came from the same general area that they were built.

The weight was kept in the same area.

Not a constructed "counterbalance".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

....no

The Aswan stone quarries (granite)

Aswan (Assuan) lies 934km south from Giza up the Nile river (about 700 km air-line distance). The granite quarries lie south and southeast of the city of Aswan on the right side of the Nile and cover an area of about 20 km². The granite for the pyramids probably came from the northern part.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Oh yes absolutely,
surely everyone knows the stone was brought here from other planets..

ummm counterweight... you werent really serious were you?
did you even research where the stone came from?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Depends on how far off the "balance" was. The weights on tires weigh far less than the tire does. However, one time I knocked one of the weights out (teeny tiny weight) and the whole car would vibrate like it was coming apart (old car). Add the weight back, smooth as can be. You'd never know there was a problem.

Doesn't matter how much weight you have as long as it's even on both sides. But even if you have tons and tons of weight on both sides, if you're over just a pound on one side you still only need a single pound on the other side to balance it. Also, simply moving the weight just a little bit towards the center or away from the center can make a world of difference. You don't even have to change the weight, just move it a little.

edit on 11-6-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies, and for putting me straight, most of the comments make sense. Although I do feel that some of you think I am only talking about gizeh, would it make a difrence if you include all the large structures along that 33deg equator?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Oh yes absolutely,
surely everyone knows the stone was brought here from other planets..

ummm counterweight... you werent really serious were you?
did you even research where the stone came from?

If I weren't serious I wouldn't expose myself to potential ridicule. Am I now less intelligent for hypothesizing about this?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Did you not see I said "general area"?

Do you think Egypt has the only pyramids in the world?

Did you just want to display your "knowledge" of the Aswan quarries?

Do you think they are "counterbalances" then?
edit on 6/11/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My personal theory after watching the same documentary was that all these monuments once marked the earths "old" equator before a major tilt occured with the earth. And when this tilt occurs again that line of monuments will run along the equator once again. I think this may explain why there is evidence of why so many of these places were lush and green at one time in the earths history.

www.flickr.com...@N04/7361291076/

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My link does not appear to be working for a photo in my above response. It is a screenshot from The secrets of the pyramids outlining the earth where all of the ancient monuments are.and giving a general idea of where the earth would be if a tilt happened again. It would melt the ice of Antarctica and plant and tree growth would reoccur as I see it. flic.kr...
edit on 11-6-2012 by mckeesport because: bad link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mckeesport

I tried to fix your link here.

My personal theory after watching the same documentary was that all these monuments once marked the earths "old" equator before a major tilt occured with the earth. And when this tilt occurs again that line of monuments will run along the equator once again. I think this may explain why there is evidence of why so many of these places were lush and green at one time in the earths history.

Old Equator

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Thank You !

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by 2Faced

The Great Pyramid of Giza is estimated to weigh in at about 6.5 million tonnes.

Planet Earth is estimated to weigh about 6,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000 (6E+24), or 6e+21e+21 tonnes.

So, the Pyramid isn't even 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% the weight of the world.

That's one #ty counterbalance.

And then, someone goes and builds a city somewhere and ruins it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
After seeing a docu about the pyramids, called "revelations of the pyramids" it dawned on me that perhaps the pyramids and all other gigantic structures, of witch most are placed around the entire planet (egypt, yugoslavia, china, south america, easter island etc.,

There aren't any pyramids in Yugoslavia or Easter Island.

Not that it matters, the whole idea is just silly.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

After seeing a docu about the pyramids, called "revelations of the pyramids" it dawned on me that perhaps the pyramids and all other gigantic structures, of witch most are placed around the entire planet (egypt, yugoslavia, china, south america, easter island etc.,

There aren't any pyramids in Yugoslavia or Easter Island.

Not that it matters, the whole idea is just silly.

Maybe I should have been more specific about the fact that easter island has no pyramids, but only "huge" structures, and was mentioned in revelations of the pyramids as a part of the whole circle around the world, so was Yugoslavia (i believe, and will personally ask to be flogged if i'm wrong). As for the relative small size of the easter island structures, I thought about that too. When balancing a realy screwed up wheel, it is sometimes necessary to ad weights on difrent points and of difrent size(weight).

Silly? Maybe. You seem to be somewhat the expert, so I can imagine it is to you. Maybe when I reach your level of knowledge I will see it as such too.
edit on 11-6-2012 by 2Faced because: forgot

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Maybe I should have been more specific about the fact that easter island has no pyramids, but only "huge" structures,

They are just statues - are you seriously suggesting they affect the earth's spin? They weigh something like 14 tons - my house probably weighs more. The stone they were carved out of was quarried a few miles away - so the net weight would be exactly the same anyway.

and was mentioned in revelations of the pyramids as a part of the whole circle around the world, so was Yugoslavia (i believe, and will personally ask to be flogged if i'm wrong).

There are no pyramids in Yugoslavia.

Silly? Maybe. You seem to be somewhat the expert,

Expert at what? It's just common sense and a basic grasp of science.

It is silly, as the mass of pyramids, let alone statues, is incomparable compared to the mass of the planet. It could not possibly have any discernible effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join