It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds In The Sky October 30th 1896

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
link

So i was looking through some old newspapers from around my area , originally looking for earthquakes as our town was recently shaken for the first time (over 4.0) since 1969. Anyway, i found this article in a The Sydney Morning Herald from 30th October 1896.

The article says, not quoted, that farmers in the fields were frightened by a loud rumbling noise in the sky . They said that the sound seemed to be coming from the air immediately surrounding the neighbourhood. There were no clouds in the sky, and weather was calm.The rumours were that it was an earthquake, however no vibration or tremor of any kind was felt..The article also says that the farmers were "very much alarmed" which would have been a very hard task, my great great grand father lived there as a famer at the very time and would have heard this noise. oh how id love to be able to ask him a few questions lol.

SUPPOSED EARTHQUAKE SHOCK. COONABARABRAN, Thursday. A remarkable phenomenon occurred in the neigh- bourhood of Coonabarabran on Monday about mid- day. A loud rumbling noise resembling distant thunder was heard for several seconds. The atmos- phere was calm at the time, and not a cloud was to be seen. The cause appeared to be in the air imme- diately surrounding the neighbourhood of the sound and apparently travelling north and south. No vibration or tremor was noticeable.

Could it be that the strange noises heard in the sky lately, have been heard before in the past ? or does anyone else have an explanation ? or theory as to what it was ?
Your thoughts, please

edit on 11-6-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I do not believe that we will have to wait much longer to know what this is. From your username it seems maybe you know or have an idea already.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

the sooner the better, i hate not knowing what it is lol.

seriously people / one reply? i thought it was pretty interesting

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by steave
interesting.?

yes , interesting..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Actually, it is interesting. I've been reading a lot about this (on here) and for the life of me.....have no idea. It's said they're heard all over the world, but seems to be 90% (IMO) heard in the U.S. and U.K. and other parts of Europe. My first guess would have been secret military "stuff", but this blows that out of the water if correct. Nice find.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
here's an article tracking strange sounds around yellowstone

link

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It might be tied to the UFO crash in Aurora, Tx in 1897.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good find, I wonder how many other very old reports there are that we just don't know about.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

S & F for you! Nice find.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
get on trove

trove.nla.gov.au...

This site is good.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
It might be tied to the UFO crash in Aurora, Tx in 1897.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sorry mate but as this is in Australia NSW , i doint think it has anything to do with a crash in texas. thanks anyway

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
get on trove

trove.nla.gov.au...

This site is good.

thats exactly where i got it from mate cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind going threw it and documenting all the ufo sightings.

I have found a few out from where I live.

Nice thread by the way.

top topics

join