It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 More Ways to Cure Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A few months ago I created a thread called 12 Ways to Cure Cancer (I highly suggest you take a look at that thread if you haven't seen it yet), in which I listed several different supposed cures for cancer. After a bit more research I found another 10 potential cures for cancer which I think deserve their own thread:

BMS-936558 - 2012

Early-stage tests of the drug BMS-936558, known as an anti-PD-1 treatment, showed it was relatively safe and shrank tumors in three of the five cancer types studied, the team reported at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) meeting on Saturday and published online in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The team saw significant tumor shrinkage in 18 percent of the 76 lung cancer patients, 28 percent of the 94 melanoma patients, and 27 percent of the 33 patients with kidney cancer.

"These are significant regression rates, especially considering the kind of patient we are treating," said Dr. Suzanne Topalian, professor of surgery and oncology at Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, who presented the findings at the ASCO cancer meeting, noting that many of the patients in the study had been treated with at least three other drugs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

HF Ultrasound - 2012

A high-powered ultrasound beam can destroy prostate cancer without causing the serious side effects that plague other treatments, a London study found.

Trials in London and Basingstoke, southeastern England, found it was possible to obliterate tumor cells without damaging delicate surrounding tissues.

Conventional surgery or radiotherapy for prostate cancer leaves half of men impotent and a fifth incontinent. The side effects are so common that many men with slow-growing tumors are advised not to have treatment.

Doctors used an experimental procedure High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) to destroy tumors during the trial.

None of the 41 men treated had incontinence and only 10 percent had impotence, the Lancet Oncology journal reported.

AAV2 - 2011

The virus, known as adeno-associated virus type 2 (AAV2), is naturally occurring and carried by up to 80 percent of humans, but it does not cause any disease.

Researchers learned of its cancer-killing properties in 2005, after Penn State scientists observed it killing cervical cancer cells. They also found that women who carried the AAV2 virus and human papillomavirus (HPV), which causes cervical cancer, had a lower propensity to develop cervical cancer.

When combined in a lab recently, AAV2 eradicated all the breast cancer cells "within seven days," according to researchers. Better still, it proved capable of wiping out cancer cells at multiple stages, negating the need for differing treatments used today.

KLH - 2011

The giant keyhole limpet's hemolymph carries a protein that is the essential component of a new cancer vaccine. Keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) carries oxygen in limpet blood. It is an unusually large protein - near virus size - and contains many epitopes, which trigger our body to produce antibodies. When doctors inject KLH into the human bloodstream, it provokes a powerful immune response. If markers for a certain cancer are attached to KLH, the immune system can be stimulated to attack them. Unlike some synthetic alternatives, KLH is nontoxic. Researchers use the protein in cancer vaccines to "break tolerance," says Frank Oakes, the CEO of Stellar Biotechnologies, which grows limpets in a business park for aquaculture next to the Pacific Ocean in Port Hueneme, California. "Your body tolerates the cancer cell because the body believes it is a part of you," he says.

More than a dozen vaccines that use KLH are in clinical trials, and a treatment for bladder cancer is now approved for use in Europe and Asia. Stellar currently has the capacity to make between one and two kilograms of KLH a year. But if a KLH cancer vaccine is FDA-approved, Oakes says it "will increase demand by orders of magnitude."

edit on 11-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

link   
ImMucin - 2010

Cancer cells usually evade patient's immune systems because they are not recognised as being a threat. While the immune system usually attacks foreign cells such as bacteria, tumours are formed of the patient's own cells that have malfunctioned.

Scientists have, however, found that a molecule called MUC1, which is found in high amounts on the surface of cancer cells, can be used to help the immune system detect tumours.

The new vaccine, developed by drug company Vaxil Biotheraputics along with researchers at Tel Aviv University, uses a small section of the molecule to prime the immune system so that it can identify and destroy cancer cells.

A statement from Vaxil Biotheraputics said: "ImMucin generated a robust and specific immune response in all patients which was observed after only 2-4 doses of the vaccine out of a maximum of 12 doses.

Saffron Extract - 2002

Topical application of saffron extract (100 mg/kg body wt) inhibited two-stage initiation/promotion dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA)-induced skin carcinogenesis and oral administration of saffron extract in the same dose restricted 20-methylchloanthrene (MCA)-induced soft tissue sarcomas in mice.

Later, it was demonstrated that saffron extract significantly prolonged (almost 3-fold) the life spans of cisplatin-treated (2 mg/kg body wt) mice and partially prevented the decrease in body weight, hemoglobin levels, and leukocyte counts.
Oral administration of saffron extract (200 mg/kg body wt) induced a dose-dependent inhibition of the growth in mice of ascite tumors derived from sarcoma-180 (S-180), Ehrlich ascites carcinoma (EAC), Dalton's lymphoma ascites (DLA), and significantly increased (2- to 3-fold) life spans of treated tumor-bearing mice.

Mebendazole - 2002

One of the misconceptions that people have about a cell is that it contains a nucleus, a cell wall and everything inside (cytoplasm) kind of sloshes around in a liquid or gel. In fact, the inside of a cell contains a kind of scaffold made of micro-tubules, also called spindles, that have the ability to assemble and disassemble quicky. This network of rigid micro-tubules inside the cell gives it shape, structure and also has the ability to transfer organelles and various molecules to different parts within the cell, functioning like a railway system. But its most vital function is cell division.

Mebendazole is known to interfere and inhibit the assembly of the spindles, thus preventing the ability of the cells to divide. The cell eventually dies of old age or aptosis. Mebendazole is highly selective and somehow targets only cancerous cells (as well as a host of intestinal parasites). At the end of this article I will post a few of the many scientific papers acknowledging these facts.

The action of mebendazole on cancer cells does not have much to do with it being a worm killer. Other meds and herbs that kill worms would be unlikely to work for cancer. Mebendazole damages tubulin in cancer cells. It interrupts the cell cycle before the cells go into mitosis. It also stimulates apoptosis, natural cell death. It also seems to block angeogenesis, meaning it stops blood vessel growth to tumors.

link   
Contortrostatin - 1990's

Contortrostatin (CN) is a member of a family of peptides called disintegrins that are found in snake venoms. Members of this family are distinguished by the presence of an amino acid sequence, arginine-glycine-aspartic acid (RGD), that enables them to bind to cell surface receptors called integrins found on cancer cells and newly growing (angiogenic) blood vessels in the tumor. Integrins mediate interactions between cells and their surroundings, and on cancer cells they play important roles in tumor invasion and dissemination.

Information has been published in medical journals for almost a decade, about the cancer-fighting properties of the Southern Copperheads venom. A protein in the venom called contortrostatin (CN) causes a disruption in the tumor cell's ability to adhere to and invade neighbor cells while also inhibiting the development of new blood vessels required to sustain the tumor.

CN belongs to a class of proteins known as disintegrins, called that because they disrupt the function of certain other proteins, called integrins, on the surface of cells. Integrins are involved in the adhesive phenomenon of cells. CN is effective in retarding the spread of tumor cells because it inhibits their adhesion to and invasion of normal cells in the surrounding tissue.

Metformin - 1980's

More than half of all human cancers have lost the p53 gene. Yet even in an era of molecularly targeted therapies scientists have had trouble figuring out how to compensate for the absence of a gene. Unlike a genetic mutation that changes the function or activity of a gene, which can be inhibited by a well-tailored drug, loss of a gene leaves nothing for the drug to target.

Thompson and his team, however, have been accumulating evidence over the last several years that p53, best known as a regulator of cell division, controls several metabolic pathways in cells. For potential cancer therapies, that means a drug that affects pathways controlled by p53 could help control p53-deficient tumors.

Significantly, the regulation of metabolic pathways by p53 is also influenced by metformin, the most widely used diabetes drug. Metformin activates the metabolic enzyme AMPK (AMP activated protein kinase), which exerts changes on cellular metabolism by affecting p53 function. Two observational studies already show that diabetic patients who take metformin have a lower rate of cancer diagnosis and mortality than other diabetics.

Blood Electrification - 1970's

This discovery by Kaali and Lyman in the Fall of 1990 at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, N.Y.C. in 1990 was the centerpiece of Dr. Bob Beck's lectures on blood electrification. Kaali and Lyman re-discovered something that Dr. Robert O. Becker had also came upon in the 1970's and 80's in that direct current applied at very low voltage, delivered in the 50-100 microampere range effected amazing cellular response and achieved the de-activation of pathogenic organisms.

Preferred electrifiers must generate a 3.9 Hz (not critical) biphasic sharp-rise-time square wave, +/- 27 volt peak adjustable output, 50% duty cycle, capable of delivering several milliamperes into a low resistance load at skin surface (+/- 2000 ohm impedance) which after losses in tissue resistance delivers the necessary 50 to 100 microamperes through flowing blood.

This suppressed medical discovery is proving to neutralize or eliminate all parasites and their mycotoxins, fungi, viruses, microbes, germs, pathogens, bacteria, or any other foreign invaders in blood without drugs.

There are no known side effects to healthy cells, tissue, or fluids. Elimination of blood pathogens can be verified by examining blood under dark field/phase contrast microscopy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
PLEASE NOTE: dates provided indicate when the treatment was first discovered but they may not be exact. It's now harder to find out when they first appeared because Google has gotten rid of their timeline search (which is another conspiracy in its self imo) which was very helpful in determining when things first appeared, I used it a lot.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN!

Doctor Cures Cancer – Gets Charged By The FDA 5 Different Times For Regulation Violations

I did also mention Dr. Burzynski's Antineoplastons in my first list of 12 cures if you're wondering.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I cannot believe there isn't a single response to this thread yet... how sad.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I commend you for this thread and the other! I haven't read the other, but plan on it. I just quickly glanced at this one so far, but will bookmark it and study it. I am at high risk for bile duct cancer and I supplement my diet with anti cancer foods and supplements. I didn't see it listed here, maybe on your other thread, but have you heard of IP6? Its an extract from the bran of rice and inositol. It was patented by Dr. Shamsuddin (sp??) and it had been shown to shrink tumors. I'll check your other post and if its not on there I'll post some information on it to add to the thread.

What a great idea to have all these cancer fighting weapons in one place. I appreciate the effort and time you put into this. So many people get cancer and don't want to go the chemo route. Also, chemo doesn't work for all cancers, like bile duct cancer, it is of little help there. I've read they use it because it gives the patient physiological comfort.

Stars and flag for you!!

Miss Sile

edit on 6/12/2012 by Miss Sile because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Miss Sile

I didn't see it listed here, maybe on your other thread, but have you heard of IP6?

No I don't think I've ever heard of it and I don't recall including it in any of my lists. I will be interested to read about it if you can share some info about it.

Thanks for replying too.

Also I just realized that I linked to page 3 of my first thread like this. For anyone confused by that, just go back to page one to see my original list.
edit on 12-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
add one more: cannabis oil!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thankyou for trying to keep us in the light ChaoticOder, it seems to me alot of great information is left in the dust for no other reason than 'glancing disbelief'. "Well if there were cures for cancer why arent they put into the medical fields, they simply just dont work because there isnt any scientific proof" I see that way too much and not just on here. But you have to consider where your 'scientific proof' is coming from. Again and again i say wake up people. The cures for cancer are right in front of your noses or at the very least suppression of tumor growth. How many people die because there is no cure for cancer but radiation and chemo are helping prolong life. Yeah right. Do some research people its not hard to find, but it is hard to mass produce because of the big hands controlling our way of life.

Even if out all these cures that were posted by CO only one succeeded in healing one of your friends or yourself. What would that tell you about the world?

Bump^ for Clarity

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Great information and yeah I agree with Whatifitdidhappen, many people won’t believe anything non-doctors tell them WRT cancer and other diseases. They’d rather submit to debilitating surgery, debilitating chemotherapy and debilitating radiotherapy as well as debilitating drugs.

So be it. I’m tired of talking to such people.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow, so few replies What a shame, this is a great thread. Please look into vitamin B17, nitrilicide. I will read more of your threads. Peace is what we make of it, war is already made for us.
edit on 6-12-2013 by AmenStop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You forgot eliminating 90% of the complex carbs in the American diet and electrical radiation.

There is a strong correlation between them and cancer.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mortalha

my friend just started using it and its worked for him

id just like to say sorry to zaphod in advance

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thank you for this and the other thread. Getting ahead of cancer is a huge part of the battle too.

S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am surprised that 3-Bromopyruvate was not mentioned on this thread!

These two patient reports were startling. The liver cancer patient did not have any evidence of cancer at final labs.
When 3-BP was combined with paracetamol the response was overwhelming.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Other patient reports have appeared online though not officially published: a stage IV pancreatic patient, stage IV breast cancer patient, 2 liver patients, and a stage IV lung cancer patient. All these patients appeared to have had a positive response to treatment.

Several cancer clinics around the world are now offering treatment with 3-BP.

FDA granted 3-Bromopyruvate orphan designation in treatment of pancreatic cancer on 04-29-2014 and for treatment of liver and intrahepatic bile duct cancer on 03-05-2013. The FDA granted immediate enrollment of a phase 1 clinical trial with 3-BP in January of 2013. This trial has not yet started.

The book Tripping over the Truth provides some astonishing background on cancer research and 3-BP in particular.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Ketogenic diet (above 8 mmol) is the best strategy, combined to standard modern cancer treatments. I am not fond for the chemotherapy agents that kill cancerous cell by increasing ROS, but this is between you and your doctor.

Avoid everything that increase blood glucose, like corticosteroids (very bad).

All the crap like bicarbonate, honey et al. can be safely ignored.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
HF Ultrasound - 2012

A high-powered ultrasound beam can destroy prostate cancer without causing the serious side effects that plague other treatments, a London study found.

So, found this thread from a comment from... hmmm... some other thread, not sure which one, but anyway, I thought you might find this interesting...

RoyalVibe - focused ultrasound technology

This is available to rent or buy now... no clue if it works, but I found it recently researching natural/alternative cures for cancer (I could have prostate cancer - I have the symptoms of BPH (same symptoms as if you have prostate cancer), and I recently had some bloodwork done for something else - I'm getting ready to do some serious fasting, including intermittent dry fasting, and wanted to make sure I didn't have any serious deficiencies or imbalances - and my PSA came back at 9.4, so I'm 'acting as if' I do have it...

It's pretty expensive though, I'll likely just go for the direct ozone injection into the prostate, if I can find a local Doc that does them - like this:

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
The shock killing parasites sounds brilliant. Womder if the higher the better. I have to liok into it muahahaha

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Another good way for cancer treatment would be DCA. DCA has been found to kill cancer cells by a newly discovered mechanism that appears to be common to several types of cancer. DCA works by turning on the natural cell suicide system (called apoptosis) which is suppressed in cancerous cells, thus allowing them to die on their own.

edit on 31-7-2022 by kirkpthomas because: (no reason given)

join