It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not cool to wear a high guitar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
When standing I like to have my guitar as high as possible really, I don't care how it looks. It's all about the music man, f@#k image! Anyway, what most people consider "un-cool" I consider cool anyway, who cares what others think...

That is exactly what I was going to say!

When I play my Fender Strats (or any solid body electric for that matter) I have them as high as possible so that the arm rest of the guitar is pretty much in my armpit. Of course when I play one of my Archtops (which I play more often) its nearly impossible to have them as high as I like because of the huge body size. I usually play those sitting down anyhow, so I guess that is irrelevant

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

But dude, green day was good back in the day.....but how could you possibly say they are better now?!?!?!?!?!This new album is horrible, I'm pretty sure I slapped someone when I saw them buying it. Or maybe they were buying a Simple Plan or Good Charlotte cd. Oh well, it all sounds the same anyways!

Don't knock consistency. AC/DC have been recording for as long as I've been alive and their sound has not changed one iota, it rocked then, it rocks now. That said, Oasis hasn't changed their sound from album to album and they bore the hell out of me.

As for guitars, I don't play one. I hit things instead, but my firends who do paly are all over the place, some up, some down. Down LOOKS cooler, but the sound is the thing. Dave Gilmour is a perfect case in point.

<< 1   >>

join