It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APPLE and GOOGLE using military-grade cameras to take powerful images ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Why do people over react on this site as I said in my post above the pictures of my house show a car in my drive I had 4yrs ago they don't get updated very often

edit on 11-6-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If TPTB wanna play this game, then I think it's only fair that we have the right to high definition overhead images of places like Area 51.

If they are going to be spying on us, then we should be allowed to spy on them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by mainidh

Why do people over react on this site as I said in my post above the pictures of my house show a car in my drive I had 4yrs ago they don't get updated very often

But why do they need to have your car in a photo. Whats next, it will be in your bedroom window..

I know, because I am r conspiracyist.. And if you disagree, you must be a agent of the nwo!!!1

Lol I was just pointing out facts, because I know the more easily flustered folk will jump up and down about it.

Man, if someone wants to watch my fat bellied, bearded faced old bones meandering out the back tending to my weeds... and I mean dead lawn weeds, nothing illegal .. let them... god who'd be a witness to that!

And Im pasty white too... I tend to blister under moonlight...

lol, let them have at it!! haha

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

But why do they need to have your car in a photo. Whats next, it will be in your bedroom window..

Lol I was just pointing out facts, because I know the more easily flustered folk will jump up and down about it.

Man, if someone wants to watch my fat bellied, bearded faced old bones meandering out the back tending to my weeds... and I mean dead lawn weeds, nothing illegal .. let them... god who'd be a witness to that!

And Im pasty white too... I tend to blister under moonlight...

lol, let them have at it!! haha

Well the only reason the car is there was because when the aircraft passed over my car was on the drive and they do have my bedroom window already on streetview

What makes me laugh is the fact people react as if this is a constant realtime video feed, it's a picture taken every few years also what's ironic is the fact that many members on here go on star and flag hunting threads by using Google Earth,Moon & Mars pictures

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What makes me laugh is the fact people react as if this is a constant realtime video feed, it's a picture taken every few years also what's ironic is the fact that many members on here go on star and flag hunting threads by using Google Earth,Moon & Mars pictures

I couldn't agree with you more on this. There is a high degree of over-reaction with respect to some images and the hype that tends to follow it

But, with that said let me present you guys with a hypothetical story. In this hypothetical story is a little girl named Heather, Heather and her family live in Aspen, Colorado within a nice community of friends and family. Heather is 12 and loves playing World of Warcraft a lot that her parents pay a monthly charge for. She has been playing for about a year with other 13 year olds and she has developed a friendship with James, another 12 year old boy from San Diego. They talk a lot about strategy and have fun playing together.

Unbeknownst to Heather, James is actually a 50 year old man that works for Google as a mid-level employee who just happens to have access to the real-time imagery that Google is amassing for their streetview mapping system. James also has a "friend" that works at Motor Vehicle Services. James is also a pedophile and has been trying to find a way to get Heather to divulge more and more information subtley about herself seeming to be innocuous little questions over time, here and there. James finds out at one point or another that Heather is from someplace NEAR Aspen. James now says to himself "hmmmm, let me access all the imagery for Aspen and accrue a list of the license plates that were garnered from our real-time imagery"

When James' list is dutifully accrued, he talks to his "friend" in the MVS, whom he has known for years and often "do these kind of things" just for the fun of it. After his "friend" reports back to him, with the list of all family members, he filters out all those who have a daughter named Heather. As fate would have it, James happens to have a vacation coming up and he takes 2 weeks off. Where does he go? To Colorado for a nice vacation.

James has the little list of families, with daughters named Heather who are 15 and below, along with the LAT / LON based upon the imagery and the relevant license plate, so he knows precisely how to get there....it's easy, James punches all the coords into his Android device.

Tragedy ensues......

It's not always a matter of what CAN be seen, or IF someone is caught doing something wrong or if you're pasty and wear jeans that show the crack in your butt......it's how it can potentially be exploited that becomes the problem and should be well regulated or (more importantly) AVOIDED at all costs to ensure privacy....privacy is a lot more important than a lot of people give it it's due credit.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
if i had a large enough lawn, i might consider mowing an obscene insult to google into it, visible only from high above.

Cool
I got 3.34 acre off lawn your welcome to come and practice
Hap a big H one year after we had a few helicopter land two were emergency landing
OPP one had a bad battery one army
Also small plane land on highway and pull in ask for gas

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Google do so for create google earth in 3d. i think its good piece of knowledge and new experience. All about to compete with facebook...facebook adding dy by day features.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
let me access all the imagery for Aspen and accrue a list of the license plates that were garnered from our real-time imagery"

Does it ruin the story that back in the real world...
- Google doesnt have "real time" imgery
- Nobody, not even "the military" has imagery good enough for license plates.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

YOU have put to much thought into your story mate far to much!!!!!

They dont have access to REAL TIME a company is employed to take pictures from the air, or street level THEY are pictures NOT VIDEO, by the time they are processed the event is in the past, hence my comment about a car I got rid of 4yrs ago is still in my drive.

Have a look at streetview images they blot out number plates and faces!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No, I haven't actually. As soon as I read most of the comments here, it was actually the first thing that came to mind. But if it makes you feel better to ignore things that could potentially be a problem, than address them before they do, then that's your prerogative

They dont have access to REAL TIME

I'm sorry how do you know this again? Or is it that you are simply taking their word for it?

Indeed. I'm not talking about the images that are publicly available....nor do I necessarily mean "real-time" in it's accepted definition. How about images less than a month old, that are on the backend, not what is presented at the frontend?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Please enlighten me as to your exposure with the military's capability if you would.

Such that I'm not in a position that I'm responding to someone who is shooting from the hip when it comes to you expertise with what the military does and does not have the ability to do.

See my above post when it comes to a more relevant definition of "real-time", also use your head....we're not (nor was my little fictional story alluding to) imagery that would be available to the public at large.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I always hear the same arguement...If your not doing anything then why do you care if they watch or listen?

What happens when the day comes that you receive a ticket in the mail at home because an ariel drone took a snap shot of you taking an emergency dump in the woods?

What happens when TPTB determine it unlawful to spit, fart, blow your nose or pick your butt in public?

We have no idea what will be determined illegal in the future and me personally I don't like the idea of BIG BROTHER being able to see me peeing behind a tree in the woods.

edit on 11-6-2012 by knowledgedesired because: sp

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

No, I haven't actually. As soon as I read most of the comments here, it was actually the first thing that came to mind. But if it makes you feel better to ignore things that could potentially be a problem, than address them before they do, then that's your prerogative

They dont have access to REAL TIME

I'm sorry how do you know this again? Or is it that you are simply taking their word for it?

Indeed. I'm not talking about the images that are publicly available....nor do I necessarily mean "real-time" in it's accepted definition. How about images less than a month old, that are on the backend, not what is presented at the frontend?

Obviously you dont get what I ment when I said YOU thought to much about it, lets just say it's a bit creepy like you have thought about it for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!

As for realtime HOW do you know otherwise
or its it the usual conspiracy site CLICHE that any official organisations are out to get us!

edit on 12-6-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
I always hear the same arguement...If your not doing anything then why do you care if they watch or listen?

What happens when the day comes that you receive a ticket in the mail at home because an ariel drone took a snap shot of you taking an emergency dump in the woods?

What happens when TPTB determine it unlawful to spit, fart, blow your nose or pick your butt in public?

We have no idea what will be determined illegal in the future and me personally I don't like the idea of BIG BROTHER being able to see me peeing behind a tree in the woods.

edit on 11-6-2012 by knowledgedesired because: sp

Real nice personal habits you have there

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Please enlighten me as to your exposure with the military's capability if you would.

Such that I'm not in a position that I'm responding to someone who is shooting from the hip when it comes to you expertise with what the military does and does not have the ability to do.

See my above post when it comes to a more relevant definition of "real-time", also use your head....we're not (nor was my little fictional story alluding to) imagery that would be available to the public at large.

YOU guys need to actually learn what resolution means the best images for public consuption are 50cm per pixel, so a 50cmx50cm object would be one pixel.

So lets look at a typical object say a car average size would be say 5x2 mtrs so that would be 10x4 pixels in size you wont see much detail at that level so lets look at what you need for a car number plate or the classic newspaper headline.

That's 0.1cm or 1mm resolution

More info here

www.fas.org...

Now the science bit

If the Hubble is pointed at the Moon with its 2.4mtr mirror smallest object it can resolve are about 300ft across at a distance of around 238.000 miles.Spy satellites have a similar size mirror so if you look on the net you can get formulas to work out what size of mirror is needed for 1mm resolution at average spy sat orbits of about 90 miles.

Lets see what answer you come up with,the largest single mirror ground telescope has a mirror 10.4 mtrs across.

There are a few members on here that are either Pro, Semi-pro, or keen amatuer photographers or keen Astronomers and have a GOOD understanding of optics and images, photography has been my hobby for 30+ years and take what people calim on the net can be done re imaging with a pinch of salt.

OH and another thing to remember CSI is not a documentary

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Obviously you dont get what I ment when I said YOU thought to much about it, lets just say it's a bit creepy like you have thought about it for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!

See you're wrong again. I knew precisely what you were driving at, I just simply wasn't going to give you the satisfaction of thinking that I need to respond to such an accusation. It demeans my own character and would likely take a better man or woman than you to have that affect on me.

As for realtime HOW do you know otherwise
or its it the usual conspiracy site CLICHE that any official organisations are out to get us!

I don't necessarily, and quite honestly even if I did, I doubt I would share it. However, what has given me such value in my work, as a troubleshooter, is precisely what you are not embracing. Working out in my mind what can possibly go wrong or create adversity before it happens. Armed with that insight gives one a direction when said adversity ensues.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

YOU guys need to actually learn what resolution means the best images for public consuption are 50cm per pixel, so a 50cmx50cm object would be one pixel.

WE are postulating on theory while you are postulating on what you think you know. There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

WE are postulating on theory while you are postulating on what you think you know. There is a difference.

Its well known that the public don't get to see better than 50cm per pixel pictures of Earth as for seeing the age old number plate/ newspaper headline from a satellite that's physics, worked out the mirror size yet

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Its well known that the public don't get to see better than 50cm per pixel pictures of Earth as for seeing the age old number plate/ newspaper headline from a satellite that's physics, worked out the mirror size yet

Did I somehow not make myself clear? I'm not talking about (for now the 3rd time) what the public has the ability to see or can possibly see. I understand that....what I'm talking about is the unknown of what CAN be possible, not what is given to the public.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Military grade camera's, powerful images eh? HEY GET A LOAD A DIS YOUR FREAKIN CORPORATE FASCIST BASTARDS!!! (now running outside and exending my arms in some sort of jesture...oh yes it's the middle finger....)
edit on 12-6-2012 by HEYJOSE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by HEYJOSE because: ABSURDISM IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER.

edit on 12-6-2012 by HEYJOSE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join