It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spread of ‘baby boxes’ in Europe alarms United Nations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
This all falls back to the government being at fault. By removing our rights to raise our children with morals and punishing them for doing wrong, now we have kids who get raised by their video games and pc computers with internet access, or raised by their cell phones with text messaging. The end result is ending up with kids having babies and who learn that instead of being responsible, they can just dump their crap in everyone elses' laps and have us deal with it instead.

Now we have youngsters in jail, being alcoholic in their mid teens, strung out on drugs with parents who don't even give a crap and have given up. Parent's who'd rather sit their kids in front of a video game or internet instead of teaching them how to be good people.

This is what you end up with, when you take YHWH out of the equation in your nation, everything slowly slides into hell and picks up speed getting there over time. Instead of teaching them to be morally responsible, they are being taught to be morally irresponsible.
edit on 11-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Wow, sounds like one messed up country you live in! I live in the U.S., and decent, responsible people still raise good kids, and are allowed to raise them under whatever religious or moral code they please. No, we aren't allowed to physically abuse our children, but that is known to most everyone to cause abusive, screwed up kids, not good adults.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

You are clearly not female as you have no comprehension of what it is to be female.

You are clearly rather assuming, I am in fact female and have 3 kids of whom I am seriously protective, and strangely enough I have a very full understanding of what it is like to be female and also what it is like to be a responsible female in charge of her own body and taking steps to keep it safe, thus ensuring that I do not indeed become pregnant when I do not want to be.

You know, there's nothing to stop a guy from making sure his bits are protected as well. It's just as much on the male's responsibility not to father unwanted children. Please understand that.

*cough... did you actually read and understand what I wrote?... let me refresh your memory

"
Yes I agree, I never said that the father should get off with any responsibility for his actions. As far as I am concerned, if you can't be responsible for the consequences you keep it zipped and if you don't and you get your girl pregnant you should be legally bound to be with her during the actual birth and with her when she puts the baby in the box. Only then will they both experience the true consequences of their 10 minutes of 'fun time'."

What part of what I said makes you think that I am saying men should have no responsibility for their part?

Is there some reason that women need to be stronger?

At what point in my earlier reply do I say women have to be stronger???? Are you sure you are reading my reply and not someone else's? Though having said that, it just so happens (and you may think I am being a bit biased here, but I do have full comprehension of what it is like to be a woman), that women ARE stronger than men in many ways, especially emotionally, and with great endurance for groundhog day repetitiveness of the mind numbingly boring kind.

We all have physical urges. It's no less strong for females.

Yes of course we do, whether it is no less strong for females is up for debate, and one I can not enter as I obviously have no comprehension of what it is like to be male.

So go ahead and make your point from a balanced perspective now. I'd love to talk to you some more.

My perspective has always been balanced (as I have shown/pointed out) and perhaps now that you know I am not a male trying to justify why women should be the only ones to be responsible about sex and therefore let men be jolly and free to sow their wild oats where and when the urge takes them, perhaps your point of view might be a little less unbalanced, assuming and aggressive.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
While I find baby abandonment deplorable, I'd much rather have a safe place to be able to abandon them rather than find them on the street somewhere.

And the UN has no authority to step on the rights of a sovereign nation to tell them what to do.

I don't know what's worse though, baby abandonment or forcing people to be parents so the state won't have to spend any more money on them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by Domo1

Babies are not fragile unless they are quite sickly anyway.

what kind of none sense is that. babys aren't fragile. You obviously have never had oneor had to take care of one for a period of time.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Wow, sounds like one messed up country you live in! I live in the U.S., and decent, responsible people still raise good kids, and are allowed to raise them under whatever religious or moral code they please. No, we aren't allowed to physically abuse our children, but that is known to most everyone to cause abusive, screwed up kids, not good adults.

Thats some type of sarcasm right?
America still allows corporal punishment in the home and it wasn't to long ago it was allowed in schools.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Thats some type of sarcasm right?
America still allows corporal punishment in the home and it wasn't to long ago it was allowed in schools.

I was being somewhat sarcastic, yes, because I was responding to someone saying our rights to teach morals and punish or children have been removed. It is true, we no longer have the right to beat the living daylights out of our kids - corporal punishment is allowed, but that means a spanking, not a Louisville to the back of the head. The government hasn't removed anyone's right to teach morals to their children, not has it banished God. To me that's just someone blaming the government when the fault clearly lies with deeply flawed people reproducing when they are completely incapable of properly raising children.

I think the gov't is way screwed up, but I can't blame the government when a single mother of 6 feeds her kids Doritos and Pepsi for dinner, then "teaches" them by turning the TV on and chugging a bottle of well whiskey. Not everything is "the government's fault."

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Nothing a little birth control can't handle. Why not make it plentiful and available? Cheaper than the boxes too.
Still - baby boxes are better than any of the alternatives people think of when they are on their last nerve.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live in a small town in Australia-a couple of years ago a newborn baby was dumped in the caravan park toilets in winter.The poor little boy didn't survive the night.I don't agree with abandoning infants-I have kids & I can't imagine my life without them now,I still think about that little boy when i look at my son because I was about to have him when this little boy was dumped-if we had a baby box that little boy would be alive today-personally I think its dispicable & I'm not the kind of person that could do that but obviously others are in a different situation to me.It's a sad reflection on society that we need baby boxes.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenskye

It's a sad reflection on our civilization in that we haven't created more benevolent systems that actually promote family over business. What kind of creatures are we? Not generous ones. Not kind ones. Not ethical ones. Not loving ones. Our values are a mess. Turn off your tvs and music and start thinking for yourselves. Don't go to see films. I can almost guarantee you'll experience a radical shift in your consciousness.

Do any of you even know why you experience the emotions you do? Do you know what triggers those feelings? Think about that baby you described. There are a lot worse things than death. Let's consider those briefly. What if the mother was abused by not only the father of the baby but also others in their sphere. Let's say they all used drugs. Let's say that baby was already in withdrawls and her body was so messed up that she wasn't even making milk for him. Let's say they had no money at all that didn't go to drugs of various sorts (includes cigarettes, gambling, etc). She knows they live in squalor but is powerless because of her own weakness to do anything about it. She clutches at any shred of happiness she can to give her just a glimpse of anything that she equates with "nice" between beatings and fixes. She had no room for that little boy. There was nothing she could offer him and no place to take him. She used what resources she had to give him the best she could, and that was a way out of that hell she lived in. She did it out of the love she had for him. She probably secretly wishes her own mother would have done that for her too.

There is a LOT more that's worse than death. Death by hypothermia is the most pleasant of all, they say. She might have been acting with the love of an angel. Don't judge people so quickly and easily. We all do the best we can. There are plenty of people out there looking around at everyone else and judging them too. Why do you think that happens? Is it because they really live lives that are so vastly superior to those they judge? No. It's because they know there's a black spot in their hearts and they want to deflect anyone detecting it. Judgment is the indication of that black spot.

Think about that next time you judge someone.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

I have three children who are now adults and haven't had as much as a first cavity in their teeth, not any of the three of them. Oddly enough, all my friends were having babies too at that time so we were surrounded by babies that kept us on our toes night and day. If anyone was fragile through that, it was us mothers. We were worn out.

Babies are perceived as being fragile by those who see things through the eyes of fear.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This will increase so much high in abandoning babies due to the economy crisis in europe

once it crashes and riots start couples with kids will have a hard time finding food and also buying baby food from the grocery which will be severly expensive

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Betting into a baby box than a dumpster or left on a church doorstep without notice.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

You hit the nail right on the head. Better a live baby that can have a good chance at life than one dead baby either stillborn or murdered by it's own parent/s - worse still - by their own Govt as they do in China. And don't even get me going on what they do to little female babies in India - would make the Chinese Govt appear like angels.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Q8igirl

Yes, so true and thats happening in Greece already.

My advice to Europe......learn how to grow crops NOW before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The result of a promiscuous society which engages in too much 👉recreational intercourse👈.....

Do I care, not really, but it very sad for the babies.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

The result of a promiscuous society which engages in too much 👉recreational intercourse👈.....

Actually, the birth rate in the U.S. And Europe are very low. This is the result of the lower socio-economic classes doing a disproportionate share of the reproducing and being unable (knowledge, time, financial) to properly care for their babies (leading to their babies growing up to do the same.)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
just watch out for the satan worshipers who do human sacrifice hiding in the nearby bushes waiting for you to leave after putting the baby in there.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Actually, the birth rate in the U.S. And Europe are very low. This is the result of the lower socio-economic classes doing a disproportionate share of the reproducing and being unable (knowledge, time, financial) to properly care for their babies (leading to their babies growing up to do the same.)

Correct..... and also because of children (kids under 18) having children which immediately puts them in a very bad situation. Plus the parents of those teenagers think it's fantastic that they're grandparents !

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here`s what I dont understand, The state can`t regulate how many children people have because it would somehow violate their civil rights but it is perfectly acceptable for these people to have as many children as they can and tell the state and the taxpayers that we have to pay for them?
Doesn`t that in some way violate the civil rights of every taxpayer? why do the civil rights of the few outweigh the civil rights of the many?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Think about all the extraordinary people who wouldn't have been born were it not for those random, chance encounters that didn't turn out as the couple intended. And frankly, you're missing the point here. These people are now leaving babies to these boxes because they can no longer afford to feed them. Things happen in life that you simply cannot anticipate no matter how much you'd like to. You will never be in complete control of events - ever. That's not how life flows. If yours does, I'd like to know the location of the lab where you reside. Outside of that, it's all got elements of chance thrown in all the time, and often when you least expect it. We cannot all be safe and secure. Really. Think about your comments. Think about life. Think about it with a lot kinder heart because you know, things have a way of catching up with people. Your judgment of others less fortunate today could land you in one of those positions tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join