It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spread of ‘baby boxes’ in Europe alarms United Nations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths

Originally posted by lifecitizen
I think the baby boxes are a good idea, do we really want babies ending up in garbage bins?

The babies have a chance this way and there are plenty of people who want to adopt.

For those reasons, and those reasons alone, are the ONLY reasons I support this..

of course it's not the perfect scenario, but they do make perfect sense. (to me)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

I agree.

The problem may be with the U.N.

They are the ones that have "concerns".

Who knows what they'll "recommend".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths

I think the baby boxes are a good idea, do we really want babies ending up in garbage bins?

The babies have a chance this way and there are plenty of people who want to adopt.

For those reasons, and those reasons alone, are the ONLY reasons I support this..

of course it's not the perfect scenario, but they do make perfect sense. (to me)

I agree.. This is a tuff subject! Probably the most controversial subject I've posted on yet here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I agree.

The problem is with the whole of humanity, and the contributing factors as to why these actions are present, and popular amongst the populations.

'They' are not the only ones that have concerns. This should be the concern of each and every individual who claims to be human. As much as people love to claim regional, sovereign bodies, or secular allegiances we must all pay homage to the very fact that we are a species as a collective. We are a species of intelligence, reasoning, and mathematics. Mathematics being the key, for it is the recognition of patterns.

If the increase of 'baby boxes' is to become a pattern, we must adopt a means... through the recognition of what has contributed to such practices. It is the removal, or satisfying of variables that equate to the removal of said practices that is necessary. We could sit around and build more and more boxes, and the next thing you know, we're filling 1 million boxes a month for the next 60 years, and even more beyond that!

You want a prediction as to what the UN will recommend, in regards to addressing the very notion of 'Baby Boxes'.

1. The human condition is conducive to such actions.

2. Contraceptives are undoubtedly necessary in curving such practices.

3. The current Infrastructure of Society does not reflect self sustainability, and other measures must be addressed.

Guess what people!!! The answers to these problems fall under two categories. Only one of the categories will any of you 'like'.

Either become a part of the solution, or dissolve as part of the problem. Yup, that's right... there's a evolution to everything, lets pretend for one second that we understand this, and address our future accordingly.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone would have a problem with this given the alternative. It sure is a lot better than them being left to die in a dumpster. I remember a while back we had a case where a local woman smothered her baby to death because of her super religious parents and the baby's abusive father. She kept the pregnancy a secret then killed the baby when it was born. I don't remember all the details but I do remember being disgusted over her parents reaction by disowning her for premarital sex, and saying she did the right thing by killing it.
Maybe if the girl thought she could have abandoned the baby safely with out her parents finding out, the baby would be in a loving home right now instead of dead.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Absolutely. Provide an avenue for the kid instead of being abandoned to die somewhere.
It's not the kids fault the mother is an asshole.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Did a little researching and baby hatches/boxes have been around for centuries and in most countries. It even discusses about stork cradle (Japan)

Thanks to wikipedia, it is an interesting read:

Baby Hatches

link   
opps triple post

edit on 11-6-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

link   
opps
edit on 11-6-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Why do you insist on blaming the mother? Any number of variables exist that prevent a person from raising a child. She may be making the most superhuman sacrifice ever performed by a human being by giving that child up.

Maybe you should look in the mirror before using such descriptors.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Gee what a world today huh? What ever happened to all of those cool birth control methods like pullin out?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Coitus interruptus has a considerable failure rate (≥20%), as does condom use (≥15%). And do you suppose that with incest, rape, or other unwanted circumstance that such a thing is really a viable option?

I hope that was an attempt at humor, but I suspect it was ... otherwise.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Coitus interruptus has a considerable failure rate (≥20%), as does condom use (≥15%). And do you suppose that with incest, rape, or other unwanted circumstance that such a thing is really a viable option?

I hope that was an attempt at humor, but I suspect it was ... otherwise.

Humor, yes....im familiar with it. Honestly if it gives parents an option rather than using a dumpster, I don't see issue with it. plenty of folk that actually want babies and will care for them. What ever the reason, I would rather the child live, than to die at the hands of a desperate parent.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Blah blah blah.

Does every topic have to be about the "evil UN"?

And it's funny how pro-life people have no problem with baby boxes. You're practically "dumping" your baby onto someone else. That does more to support this "nanny-state" nonsense than abortion.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by xuenchen

Blah blah blah.

Does every topic have to be about the "evil UN"?

And it's funny how pro-life people have no problem with baby boxes. You're practically "dumping" your baby onto someone else. That does more to support this "nanny-state" nonsense than abortion.

Well Professor,

what exactly would be Your "recommendations" ?

(as if I couldn't guess)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It caused me physical pain to read the OP of this thread. This topic could induce a psychotic break in me, if I focused on it long enough.
edit on 11-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

Originally posted by xuenchen

I agree.

The problem is with the whole of humanity, and the contributing factors as to why these actions are present, and popular amongst the populations.

'They' are not the only ones that have concerns. This should be the concern of each and every individual who claims to be human. As much as people love to claim regional, sovereign bodies, or secular allegiances we must all pay homage to the very fact that we are a species as a collective. We are a species of intelligence, reasoning, and mathematics. Mathematics being the key, for it is the recognition of patterns.

If the increase of 'baby boxes' is to become a pattern, we must adopt a means... through the recognition of what has contributed to such practices. It is the removal, or satisfying of variables that equate to the removal of said practices that is necessary. We could sit around and build more and more boxes, and the next thing you know, we're filling 1 million boxes a month for the next 60 years, and even more beyond that!

You want a prediction as to what the UN will recommend, in regards to addressing the very notion of 'Baby Boxes'.

1. The human condition is conducive to such actions.

2. Contraceptives are undoubtedly necessary in curving such practices.

3. The current Infrastructure of Society does not reflect self sustainability, and other measures must be addressed.

Guess what people!!! The answers to these problems fall under two categories. Only one of the categories will any of you 'like'.

Either become a part of the solution, or dissolve as part of the problem. Yup, that's right... there's a evolution to everything, lets pretend for one second that we understand this, and address our future accordingly.

Society as a whole has been brain washed into thinking about only living for yourself and your family. Forget your neighbor, they could be a terrorist, gay, black, etc. TPTB know that if the whole world were to unit as one that we would beat them and win. Then advanced is so many positive ways for our civilization just based on the fact that we are all working and living as one. Proper education, have the basic needs of survival free to everyone, etc. It really does take a community to raise a child.

I don't exactly where the UN sides with TPTB so it could go either way.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
May I ask why many of you feel so sickened by the thought of a child dying for whatever reason? Children, like all living beings die all the time, for all sorts of reasons. Why is this so appalling to you? Why is it not as bothersome to see anyone die?

All living things die in the beginning of life if circumstances are unfavorable. Many animals resorb the fetuses in utero when the mother's needs are not being met by the environment. Humans have no such luxury. Women experience increased incidence of domestic violence during and just after pregnancy. Add to that the stigma of postpartum depression/psychosis and maybe you get a picture of how horrifying this time can be for a woman who does not enjoy support from any quarter.

While you sit and feel such pity and pain for the infants, remember that everything the mother experiences during pregnancy is also felt just as much by the fetus and vice versa. Taking care of infants starts with taking care of mothers during the gestation of the child. The two are inextricably intertwined, even after the birth.

There are a lot worse things than dying. There are worse things than not knowing your parents. Not much is worse than feeling under threat all the time, as many mothers do. Start taking care of mothers and women in general.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
abandoned/neglected babies. got one of those. an absolute diamond and at 4 years+ now, we are best buddies.

i get sick to the pit of my stomach when i read of vunerable unwanted kids. eyes go wet at times as well.

cosmic egg, i salute your compassion (your first reply) and consider you a credit to humanity.

there is an army of grandparents out there quietly bringing up their sons/daughters unwanted offspring whilst the birth parents (some not all) continue to party/educate themselves/bury head in sand/....... add activity/distraction here.

the ones bringing up others babies imo sacrifice more than is explainable in words. would i do it again? of course i would.

f.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
A bit of history, the Romans placed unwanted babies in the nearest trash dump, to either die or be rescued by some one who did want a baby, so perhaps, although a disgusting practice, baby boxes are not so bad
Throught history, single pregnant women have been vilified, it still goes on these days, people see to forget it takes two to procreate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join