It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Looking for Cat Finds Buried 'UFO'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well SOMETHING must have scared the crap out of the cat, no?

For me thats the weirdest part

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
whoops double post
edit on 11-6-2012 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
well played Slayer
sandf

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Having actually read the article I get what you are saying.

What I believe is that UFO cases worthy of note are extremely rare. Even rarer with the advent of YouTube and the flood of people trying to get attention and notoriety.

I once thought the Internet was good for this topic, but no longer believe that to be true. All it's doing is making the haystack the needle is hidden in far larger.

It's not only on this topic either. Look at the so called "massive bird deaths" and the like. These very natural occurrences have been happening all along, but because of the information overload and the media's tendency to play to the audience, yet another myth is born.

Sometimes its dangerous. The Hypochondriacs and Paranoid Delusional's are spreading their fear and myths. Two or three people out of hundreds of millions have a bad reaction to a vaccine that potentially saves tens of thousands of lives a year and they propagate the myth they are killing us with vaccines. End result is more needless deaths based on myths and paranoia because they can spread the nonsense easier on the Internet.

Like all tools, the Internet and the media in general can be used for bad or good.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone read the full article but apparently that hole is, "erfectly round". Im talking 100% erfect

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
Don't know if anyone read the full article but apparently that hole is, "erfectly round". Im talking 100% erfect

Yes it is. All drilled holes are round.

Having worked on Oil Rigs in my youth, I know when you "twist off" a bit, you have to abandon the hole. The article also explains that is what happened here.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The story is about a man who THOUGHT he found a UFO .. he found himself an old well that was covered with grass in a field.. nothing to the story really, but I'm surprised nobody fell in that thing!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

As pointed out.. that's to be expected by a drill =) .. I don't know many drills that produce square holes, and even if they made a square drill, the whole would still be perfectly round..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Truthfully this is definitely one of the more idiotic threads , common sense dictates its and old well. When did so many loose this gift of common sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So he thought he had a UFO, but it really is a IBO (Identified Buried Object).

I got it all right, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Originally posted by miniatus

As pointed out.. that's to be expected by a drill =) .. I don't know many drills that produce square holes, and even if they made a square drill, the whole would still be perfectly round..

I was actually just pointing out the typo in their article.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Truthfully this is definitely one of the more idiotic threads , common sense dictates its and old well. When did so many loose this gift of common sense.

I give up....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I just read the original wacked out story somewhere, and of course I came here to find out what really happened. I have no problem with the oil well explanation per se, but is there really much oil in Austria?

I readily admit to being ignorant about geology so any flames will be wasted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join