Man Looking for Cat Finds Buried 'UFO'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Man Looking for Cat Finds Buried 'UFO'

THE GIST:

* While looking for his lost cat, an Austrian farmer discovered a deep, perfectly round hole that apparently had appeared in his field overnight.

* When he dropped a stone down the hole he heard a metallic clunk.

According to news reports, an Austrian farmer discovered a mysterious, deep, perfectly round hole that apparently had appeared in his field overnight. And, of course, extraterrestrial activity was assumed.

Farmer Franz Knoglinger discovered the hole while looking for a lost pet. In an interview with the Austrian Times newspaper, Knoglinger said: "I was looking for our family cat, Murlimann, when I noticed the hole. I didn't know how deep it was, so I dropped the stone down there and heard a metallic clunk. From the time it took for the stone to reach the bottom, I realized it was very deep."

For the longest time they thought they had a real mystery on the books. I wonder how many other "UFO/Alien" stories are out there to be told?

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the possibility of Intelligent Alien life and of possible visitations. I just wonder how many other events, evidence or stories out there that have been talked about that have real world down to Earth explanations like this one?

'As for the missing cat, it was eventually found hiding in a cupboard'

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Pretty sure this guy here found an old well. It may have been covered over and he didn't realize it was there, doubtful that it "appeared overnight."

Furthermore isn't it Unidentified Flying Object? This is a hole in the ground. It can't be considered a UFO. I'm either missing something or this guy is making mountains out of molehills.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I believe there are a few threads on this story already. I think that it was found to be an old oil drilling piece of equipment. My battery is dying, or id find it for you. ..have a good week slayer.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Did you read the whole story provided by the link?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

To be honest with you I just checked in yo see if the cat was okay..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Radiation from the UFO caused the cat to take on the appearance of 'The Joker'. A picture was taken and then some obnoxious jerk on a conspiracy website used him as an avatar.

Could have sworn there was a huge thread on ATS on the matter, can't find it to link.

Interesting story.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You're awesome.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

In fact, a half-century ago an oil company had drilled there looking for oil. A large metal drill bit became stuck and broke before workers could find anything, so they left the drill bit at the bottom of the hole and never bothered to fill it in. That's what attracted the magnet dropped down to the bottom: not a spaceship but a large metal bit stuck in rock.

Ah, I was unaware they actually ended up figuring it out. Insert crazy ancient alien guy picture. While I think that there are indeed some very strange and unexplained things out there (right when I typed that something big jumped into the creek outside my window and freaked me the hell out) simple answers are usually correct. I think it's best to stay skeptical but at the same time open.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ya, I'm pretty sure that if the cat is in that hole, you don't want to find him.
I don't know which is more intriguing...The fact that he automatically assumed it was alien, or the fact that he named his cat Murlimann...Let this be an example to all of you out there that automatically assume something unusual to be alien in origin. And there are many of you out there.

I wonder if he had found the cat before he lowered the magnet into the hole. I bet he was wishing his cat was magnetic if he hadn't, since that would have made scouring the hole easier. And to top it all off, the cat was in the cupboard. Cats don't belong in cupboards, but they pretty much can end up anywhere. And I do mean anywhere. Whenever I can't find my kitty, who stays inside, I automatically look in one of two places...behind the shower curtain in the bathtub, or in the cabinet under the sink.

She curls up her paw and opens cabinets and then pokes around in there for whatever reason. At night I will hear this constant banging, and thinking I have a ghost, I get up to see her trying to get in the cabinet, but she loses her grip and can't open it all the way most of the time, so it slams shut...Crazy cats.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Errrr, Slayer .... did you read the ENTIRE article ?

Apparently the answer is a simple as an abandoned hole that had been drilled long before. The metallic object at the bottom was just the broken drill bit which had been left behind.

In fact, a half-century ago an oil company had drilled there looking for oil. A large metal drill bit became stuck and broke before workers could find anything, so they left the drill bit at the bottom of the hole and never bothered to fill it in. That's what attracted the magnet dropped down to the bottom: not a spaceship but a large metal bit stuck in rock.

ETA: Sorry, didn't see a similar post earlier ... ignore mine, please
edit on 11/6/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So Aliens use steel?

Other worldly technology would be using composite materials yes? no? maybe?

The problem with all things "ufo" is that people think like earthlings. I say there is a logical explanation to that "mysterious hole".

Bet the cat knew bout that hole long before that Austrian farmer, and since we are talking about Austria could be some secret Nazi lair!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Glad the cat's okay

hi to Slayer

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This has been posted over and over again on here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Geeze Search feature works great!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Me too...

I wonder how many actually read what I wrote and the link provided and then put two and two together instead of a quick knee jerk response?

Cough cough gag {Deconstructing Disinformation forum} cough cough weez gagg....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
How do you find a UFO when it's not flying?

edit on 11-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

I really wish I had a punchline.
edit on 11-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

You don't, you find an old oil company drill hole and make stuff up then people believe it....
Some may actually pay for the opportunity to see the old UFO/drill hole..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This one got me a little excited until I read the rest of the article. But that happens with just about every story....

Ah... Stories.

In 20 years people will forget about the actual explanation and they will probably send a TV Show down to investigate it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Cough cough gag {Deconstructing Disinformation forum} cough cough weez gagg....

I say old bean, it's sounds about time you extinguished that cigarette in your avatar, you've been smoking it for so long, your even coughing on the internet!!!!1

edit on 11-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by satron

You don't, you find an old oil company drill hole and make stuff up then people believe it....
Some may actually pay for the opportunity to see the old UFO/drill hole..

Oh that's so 2011! The stakes have been upped, diving for the Millennium Falcon seems to be the order of the day now.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread849760/pg1
edit on 11/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Fixed link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Darn it Slayer, talk about anti climax....grrr

I'm glad the cat is fine and gargles.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join