It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This world is Sheol, the Abode of the Dead. Awaken sleepers, the Resurrection waits.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

That means she was to Jesus, in his glorified state, a dead body, though to us she was alive. It also means that we are dead too, in a sense, and I repeat in a sense.

And now you know who the captives are that he set free. He liberated the Dead. This is the world of the Dead. He is the King of the Living and the Dead.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

If you were really paying attention's you'd know that I quoted from 3 verses in my post, not merely one. That was the point. There is only one Holy Spirit.. the same Holy Spirt that descended on Christ like a dove at His baptism. The same Holy Spirit He baptized the 120 with who waited and prayed for with one accord at Pentecost. One Holy Spirit who resides in us when we are born again, and who overflows us when Christ gives us the baptism of fire subsequent to our salvation.

Exact same Holy Spirit that rose Christ Jesus from the dead. The exact same Spirit that empowers us to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. (Mark 16)

I am a recent member here and have followed the forums for some time and have noticed you and Dewey have animosity towards one another and you seem to be on the defensive quite a bit with terse replies . Just an observation over time . My point is we are Christians and can disagree without being snide and abasing .

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

You missed a LOT of history. Mostly the reason I brush him off is he insists on slandering me and lying about me in public even after repeatedly being corrected. I do not entertain his games anymore. This might all be new to you but look at our join dates, we have done this for a few years. Would you suggest I just ignore him? I did that for several months.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

. . . we have done this for a few years . . .

Not really.
It started with your objection to my criticism of someone else's post about how you can know (according to them) you are "saved", where you went ahead and jumped in with your predestination preaching of guaranteed salvation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That was July 16, 2011, not "years ago", seeing how I have no memory of any exchanges with you previous to this one. There may have been one but I would not have taken note of who you were in particular.
I did take note of you in this thread, "Mousetrails", you being the outspoken supporter of genocide and your idea that everyone deserves death (by other people, but "under orders" from God), except, apparently, you.

edit on 13-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Okay so it was one year. You still slander me and lie about me almost every chance you get to. Is it okay since it's just been one year of it and not two?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I do not think life is a test. We are able to live life better by receiving the spirit that comes from God to us through Jesus.

I do think life is a test, in fact, a series of tests that we provide for our own selves before we are incarnated. The Spirit of Humanity came from the Sirians, whom I understand are 5th Dimensional Beings, Gods to us lowly humans. God is a job description, and there is no conclusive evidence of a Godman Jesus the Christians believe is their God. I feel genuinely sorry for those living in this myth of Christianity, so ripe with two opposing factions and a host of Demons trying to get them all.....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Can I please know who are the author's of the books where these concepts come from that you have embraced?

Well, I'll bet they were not written by Ellen White. By the way, have you read any of the books I gave you title and author to? Or answered my questions to you without using circular logic and Christian Brainwashing techniques?

Too much Luciferian New Age pantheistic, replace the true light of the world with our own divinity (the serpent (lie #1), "you will be like gods"), concepts for you methinks!!!! Ah, looks the the Jesuits have done a great number on you already.

Just an assumption on your part. Some of know who the Serpent really is, and so do you, but you are still in denial. Perhaps one day your God will return and show his true face and ways.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Read the Bible sometime, it will shed tons of light on those commentaries you got. Be careful about getting the right Bible though, there are a few counterfeit manuscripts.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. You have to read the Right Bible, and not some fake Bible, right? And I'll bet you need to be Baptised in Holy Water, and I'll also bet you need the Holy spirit in you to be able to understand it. Circular logic 101.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

By the way, have you read any of the books I gave you title and author to? Or answered my questions to you without using circular logic and Christian Brainwashing techniques?

The only book I recall you mentioning at the moment is 'The Golden Dawn: The Original Account of the Teachings, Rites & Ceremonies of the Hermetic Order' whose link I still have open on my computer to review later (along with 80 odd other internet tabs open to get through and the 6 or so other books I am currently reading at the moment). Could you refresh my memory what other books you mentioned?

If you have any issues with how I responded to your questions and if they were not factually correct then raise your concerns directly against each question on the relevant thread. You have left a huge number of questions that I answered of your completely without comment meaning to me that they are answered satisfactorily, of those questions you have raised comment they have been responded to again and you have not made further comment meaning that I have then answered satisfactorily.

A couple of other topics you have raised and I said I would get to them at a later time.

Clearly show my inaccurate and unscientific logic, or how my answers are historically or scriptural incorrect rather than throwing around slanders which seem to me absolutely without merit.

I answered the core basis of your whole Yahweh dragon idea showing that it was completely ill founded and your accusations justifying your suggestion comes from poor study of the relevant texts. Your alternate serpent theory has been rendered little but hot smoke.

Your critiques of my positions such was your Witch of Endor rebuttal shows the level of scholarship that you have. You are only looking to find anything which at the first level of reading seems to agree with your point. This does not appear to be a very high level of scholarship with your typical answers which I clearly showed in my reply back just how many levels and contexts you typically ignore.

Your Akhenaten information suggesting Him being the originator of Monotheism address absolutely nothing about all the points raised about him in the article and video I presented pages earlier on the thread (which seems apparent you never read or watched).
edit on 13-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I do think life is a test, in fact, a series of tests that we provide for our own selves before we are incarnated.
I see it as being on the narcissistic side, thinking the universe was created for you in particular, and possibly verges on solipsism.
So what in your mind are the tests and what are the possible conclusions to them, and are there any lasting consequences?
As for the dualism inherent with Christianity, there is latitude within the religion to see that concept in other ways than what fundamentalists see it as.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You still slander me and lie about me almost every chance you get to.

This forum format gives you the opportunity to make corrections, so if you decline to offer any, then I take my observations as being correct.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I've corrected you about a dozen times. (Off the cuff guess)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Read the Bible sometime, it will shed tons of light on those commentaries you got. Be careful about getting the right Bible though, there are a few counterfeit manuscripts.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. You have to read the Right Bible, and not some fake Bible, right? And I'll bet you need to be Baptised in Holy Water, and I'll also bet you need the Holy spirit in you to be able to understand it. Circular logic 101.

You have the Alexandrian codecies and the Antiochian codecies. Two entirely different streams of manuscripts. The Gnostic line removed tons of verses and even entire chapters (Mark 16) to align with their doctrines.

edit on 13-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The Gnostic line removed . . .

There is no such thing as a "Gnostic line" and must be another fantasy factoid you picked up from a YouTube video.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The Gnostic line removed . . .

There is no such thing as a "Gnostic line" and must be another fantasy factoid you picked up from a YouTube video.

No, just a typo. Using my smartphone and sometimes when I type fast I accidentally hit a word from the preselected words at the top of my buttons.

Relax cowboy, just a typo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join