It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This world is Sheol, the Abode of the Dead. Awaken sleepers, the Resurrection waits.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Too much Luciferian New Age pantheistic, replace the true light of the world with our own divinity (the serpent (lie #1), "you will be like gods"), concepts for you methinks!!!! Ah, looks the the Jesuits have done a great number on you already.

Can I please know who are the author's of the books where these concepts come from that you have embraced?

No. You are not at a level of awareness which I seek to teach, or debate with. Thanks for coming out though.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
You guys are totally missing my point. Spiritually speaking this world is sheol, the abode of the dead.

Sure, the Material World is a pain in the ass.

Prometheus was stuck here for quite some time.

Prometheus' arse is still still stuck down here now....with his fate sealed

"Since the all-seeing eye represents the Egyptian Osiris, let's look at who Osiris is. He committed incest with his sister, Isis, which resulted in the birth of Horus the Egyptian god of the dead as well as a Sun God .. Osiris is known by many other names in other countries ... In Thrace and Greece, he is known as Dionysus, the god of pleasures and of partying and wine ... Festivals held in Dionysus' honor often resulted in human sacrifices and orgiastic sexual rites. The Phrygians know Osiris as Sabasius where he is honored as the solar deity (a sun god) who was represented by horns and his emblem was a serpent. In other places, he is known by other names: Deouis, The Boy Jupiter, The Centaur, Orion, Saturn, The Boy Plutus, Iswara, The Winged One, Nimrod, Adoni, Hermes, Prometheus, Poseidon, Butes, Dardanus, Himeros, Imbors, Iasius, Zeus, Iacchus, Hu, Thor, Serapis, Ormuzd, Apollo, Thammuz, Atus, Hercules, Shiva, Moloch, and believe it or not, BAAL!"
(Burns, "Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated", p. 359)

Those Brethren who delight to trace our emblems to an astronomical origin, find in the compass a symbol of the sun, and circular pivot representing the body of the luminary, and the diverging legs his rays."
Encyclopedia of Freemasonry p. 236

It is through this weakness that the perfected man, the Sun, is of dual nature, and his evil twin slays him in his glory. So the triumphant Lord of Heaven, the beloved of Apollo and the Muses is brought down into the dust, and who shall mourn him but his Mother Nature, Venus, the lady of love and sorrow?
p. 635, chapter 67 Confessions by Aleister Crowley

Do you follow the Sun of Crowley, the one kicked out of heaven down now onto the dust (Earth)?

"Lucifer, the Light-Bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!" source: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogmas p.321

edit on 11-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

Disseminate that, use your own words and apply your own understanding of the knowledge therein, and perhaps we might have something to discuss.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
S and F. Interesting post and I have had similar thoughts of this place being hell (the place where god cant be heard) especially since many people worship service to self/ego. Life here is a struggle and we are all trying to go home or make this place better in our own way. For unity with god and love, harmony and laughter.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

We ARE temples of God on earth my friend... didn't you know?

It does say, "But the temple he had spoken of was his body." in John, but I have to say this was something peculiar to himself, having been filled with the spirit of God in a special way which we are not capable of. Jesus was the representative of God on earth to where someone could say of him that he was God incarnate, where we would be off into insanity to think of ourselves in that way.

If you wanna belive you cannot recive the spirit then that is your choice to limit yourself. Im tired of people telling each other what their limits are You never find out if you do not try and is it not up to god to decide who can be filled with the spirit or not. Even if the person in question is not as perfect a symbol as Jesus (becaus of the conditioning) do you not think god makes sure the spirit comes to the persons that need it to do the thing that has to be done. Since most people are already more or less insane by ego and conditioning whos to say who is really sane in this crazy world.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Too much Luciferian New Age pantheistic, replace the true light of the world with our own divinity (the serpent (lie #1), "you will be like gods"), concepts for you methinks!!!! Ah, looks the the Jesuits have done a great number on you already.

Can I please know who are the author's of the books where these concepts come from that you have embraced?

No. You are not at a level of awareness which I seek to teach, or debate with. Thanks for coming out though.

JesuitGarlic you do have a lot of belifs and probably a lot of opinions of what is right/true. But since there is a lot of duality in them they are not at all interesting to me. And playing a game where we try to pursuade each other is just wasting time. Fortuantly I have freewill to not care when someone is to annoying with dualistic views. Enjoy the ride.
edit on 11-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

If you wanna belive you cannot recive the spirit then that is your choice to limit yourself.

I didn't say that.
I was saying that we are not individually walking talking temples of God in the same was as Jesus was.
If you know anyone fitting that description, let me know.
edit on 11-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The same Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead quickens our mortal bodies. That same Holy Spirit now resides in the sons of God.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The same Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead quickens our mortal bodies. That same Holy Spirit now resides in the sons of God.
You are probably thinking of Romans 8:11,

Moreover if the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his Spirit who lives in you.

It is the same source, not the same quality exactly as what Jesus was living with. The verse is about being raised from the dead, not everyone being temples.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

If you wanna belive you cannot recive the spirit then that is your choice to limit yourself.

I didn't say that.
I was saying that we are not individually walking talking temples of God in the same was as Jesus was.
If you know anyone fitting that description, let me know.

If you have not noticed them already and cannot see their messages then you are not supposed to know yeet.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Moreover if the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his Spirit who lives in you.

It is the same source, not the same quality exactly as what Jesus was living with. The verse is about being raised from the dead, not everyone being temples.

Some people have bodies that are alive but their mind is dead or dreaming. Then there are the people that are truly alive while on earth. Jesus was Jesus when he walked this earth. He will not be Jesus again when he comes back because his experiance between then and now will have changed him and the experiance he will have in his new human life will make his mind/ego different. He might become Christ again and he might not depending on what is needed at that time. And that is between god and him and from my point of view not for humanity to decide.

I truly love the specific wording they have used in those 2 lines.

So much hidden in plain sight. Hilarious. The ones who know will get confirmation from everywhere/everything and the ones who do not will have to keep on seeking the thruth behind everything.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Read the Bible sometime, it will shed tons of light on those commentaries you got. Be careful about getting the right Bible though, there are a few counterfeit manuscripts.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Read the Bible sometime, it will shed tons of light on those commentaries you got. Be careful about getting the right Bible though, there are a few counterfeit manuscripts.
I was reading the Bible.
I don't own a book which is specifically a commentary on Romans.
If you paraphrase a verse from the Bible, I can find the actual verse with the Google search engine.
Then I can read it in context to see what the original author meant by it.
I don't need to read a commentary to figure that out.
What I was commenting on earlier was the OP which makes the claim that we are the temples of God and our works are the offerings.

We are also symbolically a spiritual incarnation of the temple on earth, bearing the spirit of YHWH and Yeshua within us. When gold and silver was brought to the temple on Mt. Moriah, the sanctuary "cleansed" the gold and silver, refined them and made them pure.
I do own a few books which do have comments somewhere in them on the teachings of Paul, one being that we are like members of a body, that as a group, we make up an entire body, in this analogy. We as individuals do not bear the burden of being perfect representations of God in the way that Jesus was. We do our parts, and along with everyone else who are guided by God, can do a good work in this world.
edit on 12-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

If you were really paying attention's you'd know that I quoted from 3 verses in my post, not merely one. That was the point. There is only one Holy Spirit.. the same Holy Spirt that descended on Christ like a dove at His baptism. The same Holy Spirit He baptized the 120 with who waited and prayed for with one accord at Pentecost. One Holy Spirit who resides in us when we are born again, and who overflows us when Christ gives us the baptism of fire subsequent to our salvation.

Exact same Holy Spirit that rose Christ Jesus from the dead. The exact same Spirit that empowers us to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. (Mark 16)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

. . . I quoted from 3 verses in my post . . .

Try quoting one at a time. Here is your quote,

If this represents three verses, then you are creating your own verses by taking a few words out of the verses and splicing them together to say something else, all to support whatever argument you have a whim to push at the moment.
I identified, earlier, Romans 8:11 as the verse you were paraphrasing in the first sentence in what I just quoted from your earlier post. The second sentence in the quote seems to retain a fragment from verse Romans 8:14

. . . because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Being "let by the Spirit of God" is not the same as having the third person of the godhead literally living inside you and you being a temple for that god. You are apparently gone over to some form of Gnosticism and have abandoned any semblance of traditional mainstream Christianity.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Don't you have a wife you can boss around?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Paul says that the natural spirit that normally makes people alive is replaced with another spirit from God.
You might want to think of a spirit you have as being born from a "daughter of Eve" who proclaimed her ability to produce men the same as The Lord. Well whoever your mother was, she could not breath into you God's spirit in the same way as The Lord did with Adm, so your first breath was whatever you were born with that is strangely already in your lungs.
The air and whatever life force that is making it a wind, going in and out to stay alive, is replaced through the spirit of Christ by a God-given spirit he had received from God to give to those who believe in him.
This is another spirit that is different from what nature gives you, that can eventually bring about a life beyond the natural life we have in this world.
My point being that according to Paul, there are steps intervening between God and ourselves where in no way is it literally God living inside you, and no amount of good works is going to change that.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Who said it was based on works? And im not talki g about my spirit I was born with that was dead in sin. I'm talking about the Holy Spirit, the same holy spirit we recei e when we are born again, that we receive by faith. The same Spirit that endued the 120 with power in the upper room.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have been thinking along the same lines for a long time, except that I express it as we are asleep here, and wake up after we "die." You have my sympathy in this thread, as you are being hammered by both sides, except when they are hammering on each other!

In the Law given to Moses, a man or woman was unclean if he/she touched a dead body. If you touched a dead body, you had to go outside the camp for a prescribed time, wash, and then you could go home, clean. In the same way, Jesus told Mary at the tomb, "Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father." Had Mary touched Him, He would have been ceremonially unclean, and unfit to appear before the Father, so Jesus forbade her. That means she was to Jesus, in his glorified state, a dead body, though to us she was alive. It also means that we are dead too, in a sense, and I repeat in a sense.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

edit on 12-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: mmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmm-good

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

There is only one Holy Spirit..

Actually, the Book of Revelation says that there are seven Spirits of God.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

There is only one Holy Spirit..

Actually, the Book of Revelation says that there are seven Spirits of God.

Seven is the Biblical number of completion. It also says the Lamb has seven eyes this means complete or total wisdom for example.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join