It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Envisions Transhumanist Future Where Man is Obsolete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If this was from Popular Mechanics - I would give it a chuckle, however, based on what I see - all around me I see the building blocks of just this -- Human Obsolence
I guess this new era really is the Twlight Zone... where Mr. WordsWorth is really Obsolete...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Bring on the artilects.

Humans are a disease.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'll be due retirement when Neo humanity arises. Will I still get my pension if I'm an immortal cybernetic being?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I envision a future where the United Nations is obsolete.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Reminds me of how people in the 40s(or somewhere in that region) thought that we'd have transformed the planet into a Utopia by 2000. With flying cars and spaceships.

Great initiative, maybe in 300 years.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

The 30s, in the 40s we were a bit occupied with world war 2.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

If that's the future then Flesh Faires are on the horizon.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

ultimate goal stated as "transferring a human's individual consciousness to an artificial carrier". I think the time span is unrealistic because it assumes that all these projects would magically be funded, or that financial world capitalism is going anywhere anytime soon. On the other hand looking at the moral implications, we might turn what is known as "natural" into "sacred" much like the small plant life found in the movie WALL-E.

So yes in theory society might have the capability to do these phenomenal computing feats that allow man to escape the limitations and malfunctions of the body, but the question would remain if man actually would want this. Some would, but again, artificial intelligence, or nano-mental manipulation may just be too much a taboo for the way most people internalize with the way they feel "connected" to the world. The challenge would be redefining the spiritual and pagan notions that have dominated what man feels is "natural".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by InfoKartel

The 30s, in the 40s we were a bit occupied with world war 2.

Yet, were still able to produce the movie Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, and others...

Linky
edit on 11-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As a member of the secret society known publicly as the Neo-Tech Society(also known as the Society of Secrets), which is the root of this project, that not only has this project been put into action sense the mid 80s but its membership is in the millions and its funding is beyond comprehension. This technology is well on its way. Yes, there will most undoubtedly, have setbacks as laws change and TPTB fighting its progress, but you have seen a glimpse in to the next evolution of the Human mind and body.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

top topics

join