It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul in Arkansas-- Keep on Believing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Trying to cheer all the Ron Pauls out there. The news of Rand Paul dropping the Mitt bomb was a bit of a blow to the quest of liberty but... well things could be more bleak.

Monica Serranos:

District 1: None of our delegates were elected in district 1, but we knew going in that our odds were low. District 1 is very rural and our support out there was much lower.

District 2: This was a sight to behold. We filled the tables with our people and before it started we could feel it….”we’ve got this.” However, nothing beats hearing the sound of that first delegate being called out. Once we heard that name we were set and we all knew it. There was a little confusion because one of the delegates from our slate did not show, and we were not sure if we could elect him or not. Also the District Chairman kept insulting him for not being there, saying he had no backbone. He was rude throughout the entire proceeding and that did not go unnoticed by even non Paulers. Ok, back to our tale of victory! We replaced our second delegate, who was not there, with our first Alternate. We elected the second delegate and then the third. It was official, we had just swept the delegate slots in District 2 with Ron Paul Delegates. Then it was time to elect Alternates. We elected the first alternate. We thought we had 6 people to vote on, but as it turned out, one of them was not on the ballot. (Found out later he had filed for Paul and not Romney) So….we had a decision to make. Do we vote on the absent delegate and really anger the District Chairman who clearly did not want him elected…..or do we give the establishment the last two seats/alternates? I thought it over and considered a very dear and very old woman named Mozella. This woman is basically Mrs. Republican for the state. She wanted to go so badly. I sent the message around the room….we will give them one. Let’s vote for Mozella on the next ballot and then we send a message that we, the people, will have our say and we are a group that is to be respected. I would like to take credit for that idea, but the “message” was the idea of a very wise Faulkner County leader. You know who you are! ;-) We voted Mozella and when her name was read her table jumped in such shock and she looked like a giddy school girl. It was really nice! Last but not least, we voted in the absent delegate as the last alternate. Johnny was running for the same delegate slots. He even wrote up a short “resume” of sorts, asking for our vote, and placed it at every chair at every table. We denied Johnny, the Second District Chairman, a slot as delegate from his own district. This was probably the biggest message we sent today in our district. We showed the party establishment that we are here in large organized numbers and we can accomplish MUCH! I spoke with State Chairman Webb after it was over, and he was very kind. I told him thank you for being such a great State Chairman and for treating us fairly. He told me I had been a pleasure to work with. At this point, I support him completely as state chairman. He has been nothing but fair and honest with us. I view him as highly ethical. (update: That absent delegate got there a few minutes late and was not allowed in. The woman at the registration table could not find his name on the list. He told her he was not there to vote, but that he was a filed Delegate candidate for Romney. She still could not find his name and she was asked to come in the room and she took the list with her and shut the door, leaving him outside. He was the second name on our ballot. It makes no sense that she could not find him.)

District 3: Now this one was interesting. They held their convention very differently, opting to divide into counties and hold a mock caucus type election….although caucus rules were not really followed since “caucus goers” were not allowed to speak to their counties. Because of the change in style, they were off to a slow start. We had votes all across the room in every county and the county establishment started trying to work against each other to get their own county delegates elected. They have a bit of a rivalry going between the counties, particularly Washington and Benton. A slug fest started and Paul delegates were up for the fight. There was a lot of confusion and as they were caucusing a call came in to a big wig establishment person and that call was overheard. “They took District 2!” I don’t know who from district 2 called district 4, but the word was out, somehow, the Paul People had taken a district! A meeting was quickly called for all of the County Chairmen and the fight was on. Some of our people, including our 2 delegates, tried explaining to their chairman that we have the votes to make things happen, if they would just play ball. They ignored us and attempted to get their way. The first delegate was elected and the second. Neither were Stealth Delegates, but it also was not quite going the way these County Chairmen wanted. I guess they weren’t getting who they each wanted. Once again, the plea was made for the Benton County Chairman to work with us, or go down in defeat. As I understand it, a deal was struck and we elected Duane Neal of the rules committee and although not a Paul supporter, he was a man who had helped us along the way due to an ethical stand on “following the rules.” In exchange, we took Alternate seats 1 and 2 for our only two delegates in the running. And we helped elect the 4th. Now, I know…we didn’t get our two in as delegates, but it was still a victory and here is why. We showed them that we could block them and prevent them from getting what they wanted, and we could get what we wanted accomplished with just a little cooperation. They may not like us but they now know that they need us! Sound familiar? Couple that with our District 2 and 4 sweep and the Constitutional Republicans just became the biggest force in Arkansas GOP state politics!

District 4: They swept all 3 delegate slots. With only 9 people filed, total, and 6 recommended by the Romney Campaign, leaving our 3 out in the dark on the district level, we nevertheless, managed to get those three elected! The party regulars are shocked and many are currently scrambling to find out how on earth we did it. It doesn’t matter, we did it fairly and it cannot be undone!

Ron Paul surprise in Arkansas!

Personally, I think Ron Paul cannot win the GOP now, even a Brokered Convention seems a bit distant. Now, I do know for a fact that Ron Paul has done much better than the media says. And honestly, I think he has accomplished many good things, even if TPTB have completely ruined his chances... who knows what the future has in store but I do wish to convey one simple message: there is hope of some kind.
edit on 10-6-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Think about it, there seems to be some common consensus in the media that Ron Paul has about 11% support within Republicans... well personally I think that number is pretty shallow but let us assume that is true. If half the country was Republican, and Ron Paul received absolutely no support from any Democrats, he would have 5% of one of the worlds largest countries backing him and his message. The fact that there are still supporters out there who organize and get things done, who remain dedicated to finding delegate slots.

Kudos to all those who did their part in Arkansas. ALSO, kudos to all those who still keep their chin up high and wave the Ron Paul banners when they get a chance. Winning the election doesn't mean Ron Paul has to become POTUS (though it is ideal). It just means that things get accomplished, and on the Ron Paul side of things I would say that has happened.

Liberty will not die!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I support Ron Paul. It doesn't matter to me how small his following is, I support him until I'm aware of a better alternative.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Well and I was trying to bring light to the fact that... even if 5% was accurate, that isn't small! What if 5% of America had a march? That would be huge! What if 5% of America sent a letter to Obama once a week? It would be chaos! Or if 5% of America just stopped buying cable all at once, all these little things could change something, and all these people are on the same page so what is to say that finding liberty is out of reach? Besides, from what I know, 5% is way smaller than what it really is too.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thank you kindly for the positivity!

I'll keep a rare hope of him dropping the 3rd party bomb after the convention, but I know it's unlikely.

I will never vote for Romney nor Obama, so it is a write-in for the good doctor.

Keep on Believing, Brother!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
WOW, living in Arkansas, its nice to see that people arent all Die-Hard Romney fans. I've long believed that this state doesnt vote according to the merit of a person, but by the beliefs of their Religion.
People should think for themselves instead of being swayed by what there pastor, media, and our local officials say, Ive witnessed it first hand. People should think for themselves, and judge a person by what they truly believe is the best person for the Job. Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Please wake up. Ron Paul is controlled opposition. When will you realize this. It is all controlled and fake. There is no democracy. There is no republic. Not anymore. It is gone. What you have now is the most advanced technological dictatorship ever conceived by mankind.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Do I think maybe RP was compromised? maybe, but the fact his voting record has been consistant for 30 years leads me to believe he's not a controlled opposition. There is no one else to rally behind politically so why even have a controlled opposition? Now Rand Paul maybe. The GOP may have put he there to both hurt the Liberty movement and lead those in the movement to the darkside.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Not a chance.

He's definitely not part of the controlled opposition.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Watch this video and then tell me he is "controlled opposition":

Ron Paul: The American Power Elite - Vintage Conspiracy Video from 1988

You are a typical example of someone who is so paranoid that they think absolutely everyone is against them and all hope is lost. That's exactly what they want you to think because then you'll never fight back. In your view resistance is futile and there isn't even a point to fighting the system anymore because it's so perfectly crafted to screw us all over. News flash, there are some good people out there, and some of them have been trying to spread the idea of liberty and freedom for a VERY LONG TIME (eg Ron Paul).

Ron Paul is nothing like Obama, he didn't pop out of no where with a shady background, he has a long track record which proves his actions are where his mouth is (eg his voting record in congress), his quest for change and his plans are not shallow promises... they are truths spoken from his heart. He is not a pretty boy corporate robot who only says what we want to hear, he says what he believes is the truth. He isn't backed by special interest groups and large banks. He is even suppressed and marginalized by the MSM.

The truth couldn't be any clearer, you're just too far gone to see it, meanwhile you accuse us of being ignorant. What ever...
edit on 11-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
Think about it, there seems to be some common consensus in the media that Ron Paul has about 11% support within Republicans... well personally I think that number is pretty shallow but let us assume that is true.

It's not a "media consensus" and it is true. The number is derived by adding up the actual votes where primaries were held in lieu of caucuses. When voting was allowed, Paul got about 11%. You can do the math yourself. Of course, that number is now moot. Some of those primaries took place while other candidates such as Santorum and Gingrich were in the race. Who knows if some of those books would have gone to Paul had those guys dropped out earlier.

The Paul campaign was never as big as his most staunch supporters made it out to be. It certainly was louder, and his strategy of turning out in force for caucuses also was a wonder to behold, but like a cat who puffs himself up and turns sideways to appear larger to a potential enemy, the Paul campaign was all fur and no body to speak of. In other words, it had no depth. (If it did it would not have run out of money.)

But the most amazing thing of all is that the Paul believers believed the delusion, the one of their own making. They were perfectly capable of looking at the numbers, including the 11%, and understanding their significance, but instead they put their faith in "stealth delegates," misconstrued and misinterpreted party rules, and believed their own fantasies.

And when people pointed out the Emperor had no clothes, including people sympathetic to Paul, they were just yelled at and called names. They acted as if Paul was the New Obama who could push people around with impunity, intimidate old ladies, and shove their way to victory by any means necessary, legal or not. What a way to build a party and establish consensus, huh? Alienate anyone who does not wholeheartedly believe.

Even Paul himself knew the campaign was getting out of hand when he told the party faithful to tone it down. Must be a helluva thing to realize that your own standard bearer, the guy you want so desperately to see in office, thinks you are a bunch of jerks. Of course getting the party faithful to admit this will never happen. It's always someone else's fault.
edit on 6/11/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"Keep on Believing!, "

No thanks!

But while YOUR at it,dont stop there!

Keep on fooling yourself!
Keep on Donating money to him!
Especially that last one,he likey!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It is hilarious you bring that up because when this primary was at it's 'fairest' level Ron Paul maintained a steady growth of support as the media threw candidates at the people to see what would stick. One by one the candidates failed, from Bachmann, Perry, Cain, and Gingrich. Ron Paul was polling highest right before the Iowa caucus when CNN artificially 'surged' Santorum to split Ron Paul's conservative vote. The media had to do it or else a Ron Paul victory would've created too much momentum for him to be stopped.

Ron Paul haters have absolutely no morals. You guys will literally do anything to see him fail when his only objective was to liberate the people and bring them prosperity.

I really do pity you, keep wallowing in your own 'delusion'.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
When will Ron Paul supporters stop believing? Do some people still believe he has a shot or even intends to carry on his campaign. Even his Son has thrown the towel in and endorsed Ron's opponent. Yet the die hard paul fans still think he has a chance? I don't get it, can one of you explain?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I think people are blowing the Rand thing out of proportion. I personally think it was a power move on Rand's part. It's not like he didn't talk it over with Dr. Paul. It likely will benefit the liberty movement in the long run. Basically he was at the point where he could either go the route of his father and be blocked by the wealthy and the MSM at every turn, or he could join in and tow the party line until he can get to a greater position of power and then once in office push for liberty.

Consider the delegate strategy, but on a much larger scale. Honesty is important, but if manipulation is the only way to slow tyranny I guess that is what you have to do. The liberty movement is putting a lot of work in trying to get Paul elected, just think how quickly he would have been elected if the mass of GOP voters just voted him in. It's actually funny, and it's why democracy doesn't really work. There are going to be far more ignorant, uneducated people voting than informed voters, always.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

That is exactly right.
The media.. that is supposed to report, forced a false surge for Santorum just like 2 days before Iowa.
If that hadn't happened Ron Paul very possibly and maybe even probably would have been winning now.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Belief is one thing....

Insanity is another.

Romney has the nomination clinched and Ron Paul needs to retire.

new topics

top topics

join