It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of OZ, what is contained in the Original Wizard of OZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
the wizard of oz contained the American Financial System for future generations to re-discover.

www.STILL2012.com. This version finally cuts several bogus quotes which have festered in the monetary reform literature for decades.
The world economy is doomed to spiral downwards until we do 2 things: outlaw government borrowing; 2. outlaw fractional reserve lending. Banks should only be allowed to lend out money they actually have and nations do not have to run up a "National Debt". Remember: It's not what backs the money, it's who controls its quantity.

edit on 10-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
wow, really well said

I fear if I watch the video I won't be able to sleep

see you tomorrow !

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A movie from 1939 predicts the economic failures of the 21st century? I'd be so grateful if you'd expand on your post, and explain what you're talking about, without referring me to an almost 2 hour long youtube clip. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Thank you for bringing attention to this video, it has been a personal favorite of mine for a while now. Although it's not 'new', it's AMAZING, and goes straight to the point. It's unlike many other videos that talk about finance and currency, there's less crap rhetoric and sensationalism.

Here is a brief description of the video, from topdocumentaryfilms.com, if you are not familiar with the site... I highly suggest becoming acquainted.

In 1996, in a documentary called The Money Masters, we asked the question why is America going broke. It wasn’t clear then that we were, but it is today. Now the question is how can we get out of this mess. Foreclosures are everywhere, unemployment is skyrocketing – and this is only the beginning. America’s economy is on a long, slippery slope from here on. The bubble ride of debt has come to an end.

What can government do? The sad answer is – under the current monetary system – nothing. It’s not going to get better until the root of the problem is understood and addressed. There isn’t enough stimulus money in the entire world to get us out of this hole. Why? Debt. The national debt is just like our consumer debt – it’s the interest that’s killing us.

Though most people don’t realize it the government can’t just issue it’s own money anymore. It used to be that way. The King could just issue stuff called money. Abraham Lincoln did it to win the Civil War. No, today, in our crazy money system, the government has to borrow our money into existence and then pay interest on it. That’s why they call it the National Debt. All our money is created out of debt. Politicians who focus on reducing the National Debt as an answer probably don’t know what the National Debt really is. To reduce the National Debt would be to reduce our money – and there’s already too little of that.

The economy of the U.S. is in a deflationary spiral. Nothing can stop it — except monetary reform.

1. No more national debt. Nations should not be allowed to borrow. If they want to spend, they have to take the political heat right away by taxing.

2. No more fractional reserve lending. Banks can only lend money they actually have.

3. Gold money is NOT the answer. Historically gold ALWAYS works against a thriving middle class and ALWAYS works to create a plutocracy.

4. The total quantity of money + credit in a national system must be fixed, varying only with the population.

This video, along with...
Quants: The Alchemists of Wall Street
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Are the two videos that I credit for enlightening me to the structure and psychology behind economics. For those who are interested in such topics, first watch the video mentioned in the OP, then watch Quants. IMO you will have a very enlightened, all around understanding of the problems that face societies today.

Then... once you really get going, or if you already have, check out...

Arithmetic, Population and Energy (Lecture)

He then gives a basic introduction to the arithmetic of steady growth, including an explanation of the concept of doubling time. He explains the impact of unending steady growth on the population of Boulder, of Colorado, and of the world.

He then examines the consequences steady growth in a finite environment and observes this growth as applied to fossil fuel consumption, the lifetimes of which are much shorter than the optimistic figures most often quoted.

He proceeds to examine oddly reassuring statements from experts, the media and political leaders – statements that are dramatically inconsistent with the facts. He discusses the widespread worship of economic growth and population growth in western society.

I sincerely hope that people watch these videos, instead of some conspiracy ridden jargin that is factually incorrect. From what I've learned and experienced, these 3 videos are the very building blocks for understanding of our current situation, allowing then for solutions to be brought to the table.

Ok, I'm done... enjoy the videos!

Edit: Ok, I apologize, I wasn't done.... lol. One more video to add.

Fiat Empire

I'm not going to quote the entire description of the video, but I will include this part... as it appears there are many Ron Paul supporters on this forum.

This Telly Award-winning documentary features presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Texas) and is inspired by The Creature from Jekyll Isalnd a book by well-known author and Freedom Force founder, G. Edward Griffin.

one love

edit on 10-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wow, thankyou for these posts, some good information here!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is an oldie but a goodie.

The "Money Masters" is also well worth a look, a great well thought out documentary way ahead of it's time, explaining why USA and any country with a reserve currency will eventually go broke.
edit on 10-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is absolutely true. The movie was made in 1934. What was happening in 1934? The Depression was getting up to full blast. The United States corporation had been declared bankrupt in 1933, and they were about to confiscate all the gold. The book was written in 1900, just after the previous boom and bust, where lots of farmers had lost their farms. The Ruby Slippers were originally Silver, representing Real Money.

The evil neighbor, whom is later the Wicked WItch, represents the banking system. She tells Dorothy's aunt and uncle that they must put Toto to sleep or she will "sue them and take their farm". One thing leads to another, and along comes the tornado, representing the stock market crash and the ensuing chaos and mayhem. Dorothy is taken up to a magical land overlaid on the real world. This represents the fictional world of Commerce. Her first words are, "I think we're not in Kansas anymore". No, you are not, sweetheart, you've been swept up into the fictional world which the "system" overlays on the real world.

First she is told to "follow the yellow brick road" to find out what is going on. Yellow bricks=gold. Follow the money.

The first person she meets on her way is the Scarecrow. He is the Strawman, the fictional representation of you in the world of commerce, YOUR NAME IN ALL CAPS. This is the Strawman.

Next they find the Tin Man, a vessel made of metal, hollow, with no heart. THis represents your ship, bringing you into the world of Admiralty Law. It is made of TIN, like your Taxpayer Identification Number.

THen along comes the Cowardly Lion, representing the People, in fear of shadows for they do not realize the power they have. They are fooled into doing what the Great and Powerful Oz tells them to, even though they don't need to.

THey follow the Yellow Brick Road, or the Money, and it leads them to the Emerald City(Washington),a city made of greenbacks, or fake paper money, where they confront the Great and Powerful Oz. (like an ounce of gold, or oz.) On the way the witch tries to lead them astray with poppies, i.e. drugs and all intoxicants, TV, and everything else, causing them to forget what they are really doing, and not notice the way they are being duped.

Oz represents the all powerful State, which turns out to be just a little man behind a curtain, spinning some wheels and levers. IN the real world he was merely a fraudulent snake oil salesman, a con man. He is pointed out by Toto, in Latin this means "everyone", who finally sees through the scam.

Dorothy finally gets home by realizing she was there all the time, and just had to wake up from the delusion.

You can go a lot deeper into it. Check this out.

Or read this book if you really want to learn more: archive.org...
edit on 10-6-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I got 37 minutes into it

mandatory history lesson

star and flag for you my friend

new topics

top topics

join