It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My opinion on UFOs as a research scientist: some are extraterrestrial

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno
Its obvious you have been saying the same '76 story for years now, so tell me is this all you have? Do you really think your story is a good recruiting tool? Honestly

If this happened decades ago , I am sure you have a drawing or painting of it somewhere. Can you post it?

You're setting him up for a straw-man attack. I can see it coming a mile away.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by LastProphet527

The programm of flying saucres started in 1947...its the year 2012,believe what you want to believe,im up to date with information.Have a good day.
Ufos do exsist, just not the flying saucer.
edit on 11-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

You are so wrong is not even funny. I have investigated this topic for over 20 years. There are reports of sightings, and even old paintings from the 2th century and to the 17th-18th century which depict ufos. Most of these paintings are kept and shown in museums all around the world.

Many reports are even older. For example the Vedas, which happens to be thousands of years old, describes vimanas/fluying saucers which the"Gods/Godesses" use/d to fly around, and the Vedas even explain battles in which vimanas and very advanced technologies are used.

In the Vedas there are even descriptions of the ancients using nuclear weapons which destroyed entire armies, and left the survivors in agony as their hair, nails and skin fell off/melted meanwhile theyr tried to stop this by thrashing in water/mud.

There are ancient and modern descriptions and texts from ALL OVER THE WORLD that describe ufos sightings.

This phenomenon did NOT start in 1947...and the fact that you claim this shows you have done no real research on this topic.

edit on 11-6-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

All of these stupid videos are obsolete to the truth.
The truth about every video is that...the eyes were all looking at the' triangle space ship 'with one engine turned on while observing and looking at the belly of the ship.

In the history of alllllllllll UFO sightings, it will be a '1, 2, 3' pattern of what the viewer saw.
Lp527 copy written June12 ,3012 8:48 est
Lesson 135>the 1,2,3 Pattern
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ ’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ ’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
The one pattern/ one engine/I saw a flying saucer, is when the triangle space ship only has one engine turned on while in cloak
The two pattern/ I saw 2 flying saucers side by side is when the flying triangle has 2 engines on in cloak.

The 3 pattern/ I saw a flying triangle speaks for its self..in cloak
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ ’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ ’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Lp527 copy written june12 ,3012 8:52 est
learn the 1,2,3 pattern first, and study lessons 1 through 5, and than mayby what you say will make...just a little bit of since.
I will now look a your utubish sheeple videos to see what else they programmed in the populice mind as far as this subject.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The programm of flying saucres started in 1947...its the year 2012,believe what you want to believe,im up to date with information.Have a good day.

You are so wrong is not even funny. I have investigated this topic for over 20 years. There are reports of sightings, and even old paintings from the 2nd century and to the 17th-18th century which depict ufos. Most of these paintings are kept and shown in museums, cathedrals and churches all around the world.

Many reports are even older. For example the Vedas, India's sacred texts, which happen to be thousands of years old, describe vimanas/flying saucers which the"Gods/Godesses" use/d to fly around, and the Vedas even explain battles in which vimanas and very advanced technologies are used. According to the Vedas, some of the Gods/Godesses gave vimanas, and the knwoledge on how to use thema nd build them to some men which fought battles to help their Gods/Godesses.

In the Vedas there are even descriptions of the ancients using nuclear weapons which destroyed entire armies, and left the survivors in agony as their hair, nails and skin fell off/melted meanwhile theyr tried to stop this by thrashing in water/mud.

The Vedas are among the oldest sacred texts. The Samhitas date to roughly 1500–1000 BCE, and the "circum-Vedic" texts, as well as the redaction of the Samhitas, date to c. 1000-500 BCE, resulting in a Vedic period, spanning the mid 2nd to mid 1st millennium BCE, or the Late Bronze Age and the Iron Age.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas. India's national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets." The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, "powered by winged lighting...it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions."

www.hinduwisdom.info...

There are ancient and modern descriptions and texts from ALL OVER THE WORLD that describe ufos sightings.

This phenomenon did NOT start in 1947...and the fact that you claim this shows you have done no real research on this topic.

edit on 11-6-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: errors and to add comments and links.

Stop using that black box at home they call TV. You are totally brainwashed. You mite as well be evangelical.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno
Its obvious you have been saying the same '76 story for years now, so tell me is this all you have? Do you really think your story is a good recruiting tool? Honestly

If this happened decades ago , I am sure you have a drawing or painting of it somewhere. Can you post it?

You're setting him up for a straw-man attack. I can see it coming a mile away.

Maybe ,maybe not. You know he has been yapping about what happened in '76 ever since he joined ATS. Nothing else. He must have sketched something. Right?

Something that extraordinary ,so long ago, and not one "pen2paper" moment. ??

You know I'm right.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

I didn't know he has always maintained his stance. '76 was an awfully long time. I think you may have inadvertently given him more credit than you intended. And I'm sure you made a drawing of a clown you saw when you were in grade 1. Got it now?

You know I'm right.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
According to Occam's Razor, it makes more sense to believe that they are just beings from other places, rather than believing that they are spirits from some spiritual dimension on a mission to deceive mankind... If you are making such claims, then you need evidence.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
According to Occam's Razor, it makes more sense to believe that they are just beings from other places, rather than believing that they are spirits from some spiritual dimension on a mission to deceive mankind... If you are making such claims, then you need evidence.

It doesn't matter. If either of those are correct, then both options shake the foundations of current belief systems. Religious or non religious. Know what I mean? If both can be denied, yet one is proven, then both must be considered. Yes?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Star and flag. I always enjoy seeing the thought process of someone who has a "professional" background when studying this kind of thing. It's a much more measured and cautious approach to the subject, which I admire.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

reply to post by LastProphet527

wow...So you also make a lot of claims with no corroborating evidence except that you CLAIM "some voice in your head is telling you ufos don't exist"...

Have you ever considered that the "voice in your head" is the one that doesn't exist?...

The bible warns about "false prophets", and you sir are one of them...

Regarding the Kenneth Arnold sighting, he simply described the objects as "resembling saucers". I've been interested in the UFO phenomenon for 40 years. I do not see, nor have I ever, ever, ever seen this "programming" you speak of. You're claiming the government or some other organization is actively and vigorously brainwashing or "programming" us into thinking UFOS are always "flying saucers", when all the while the ETs are actually piloting triangular craft?

I've seen hundreds of reports describing crafts of various shapes.

programming" you speak of. You're claiming the government or some other organization is actively and vigorously brainwashing or "programming" us into thinking UFOS are always "flying saucers", when all the while the ETs are actually piloting triangular craft?

Point blank, look up the origin of 'flying saucers 'and look at what 'Arnolds' 'eyes' saw and drew and than look at the history of what people were looking for.’ A single flying saucer'

Direct 97% of all sightings in the history of life it self was only looking at the triangle space ship cloaked with one saucer shape engine underneath the belly.1000percentage conclusive.

'2 weeks after Arnolds sighting 'Roswell happened'

I remember looking at a show called UFO hunters; I did not like the show because they were just as lost as the public was. The only thing I liked about the show was when the 'bill' dude said, ''I think what crashed at Roswell was a 'flying triangle space ship‘. That moment shocked the hell out of me, because ...I just thought they was just to stupid to no a damn thing ,but That was the best moment on that show as far as the truth for you and your populace of humans, to actually get close to the truth. It was a well remembered moment as far as real disclosure’ real classy and classical, you just would not understand.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
so why are you going over the internet copy pasting your stuff proffesor?

busy studying greys anatomy?

if you catch my drift

As a PhD research scientist who has extensively investigated the UFO phenomenon for the past 4 years, I have concluded that about 95% of the entire field—not just sightings—are false. However, I have also concluded that visitations to earth have occurred. I also have concluded that never has the US or any government made contact, retrieved crashed disks, or created a top secret program to reverse engineer UFOs. Much to the contrary, we know nothing. We concluded quite early on that the phenomenon is real, we have no idea what they are or are doing here, but are most likely non-hostile. Since no government body wishes to acknowledge that real physical objects of unknown origin are intruding freely into our airspace as they please—and we can do absolutely nothing about it—the only logical path is to ignore and debunk. This has worked quite well for the past 60 years. The UFO subject is a scientific phenomenon. Unfortunately, over 99% of UFO researchers lack any scientific training, and their often far-fetched interpretations tend to catch the most attention. Imagine if 9 out of 10 researchers in my field of cell biology had no formal scientific training...one can be certain that the bulk of the work produced would be garbage. During my studies of this topic, I learned that because of the high signal to noise ratio in the data, I had to set very stringent standards for what I deemed real. This means focusing on radar-visual cases with multiple observers from different locations of objects exhibiting extraordinary speeds/accelerations and turns. Sightings by scientists, pilots, military, and air control experts are all I bother with. There are literally hundreds of these. Continued below...

click
edit on 10-6-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

Well done, I realized the copy and paste job as well IMSAM.

Anytime someone starts throwing out there supposed credentials I become extremely skeptical. "Extensively investigated"? LOL!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandelay Industries
As a PhD research scientist who has extensively investigated the UFO phenomenon for the past 4 years, I have concluded that about 99% of the entire field—not just sightings—is junk.

If you are a PhD research scientist, I am sure that you understand the importance of citing your credentials.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well well, some apreciate some denegraate.....and so it goes..........
As i asked way back there....what sa you about the JAL sighting over alaska when the walnut shaped aircraft carrier sized UFO followed and observed the JAL plane being itself observed by mil and civ radars.....also other aircraft confirmed as well....
There are real unknowns and they are considerabl more than 1 %....condons % was higher by far with Unknowns..as was blue books....
There is a certain modicum of mundanity in your middle of the road conclusions...(which are decidedly premature) you neglect the possibility that space may be crowded with races of many types (just like fish in the sea....) and with free energy the feat of travel between starts may be chids play to them.....
We are barely type 0.5 civilisation...and what can we do?
They may be type 2 or better....
They may be from here but just out of phase with us....as in extradimensional....
They may be able to manipuate time to a great degree as they annul gravity/inertia with seeming ease...
Perhaps you have not given the worlds airforces some well deserved credit for shooting down one or more of these ships....
There are reports of damaging one with machine gun fire, and retrieving pieces of it.....Wilbert Smith carried just such a piece of one for some time...
There is Corsos story of hitting one with a snal nike missile shot at it low levelled over head in germany...
Aparentlt it never knew what hit it....
Crash retrievals ahve taken place that were documented as well....Mexican border crash....
Anone who can say they have formed conclusions after just four years has not dug deep enough yet....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
Star and flag. I always enjoy seeing the thought process of someone who has a "professional" background when studying this kind of thing. It's a much more measured and cautious approach to the subject, which I admire.
My question remains...just what is it we are being distracted from? Why are we apparently being steered towards the 'alien' meme?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Lesson 546. Who's on first?

Rule one when observing the '2' in the history of paintings, clay making, and pictures.

The Reptilian 'USO' WAS RECOGNIZED FIRST before the triangle race of aliens.

87% of all flying, ancient, lmaooff… suits depicted and embedded to the sheeple as flying astronaut
Suits of space are nothing but suits for diving.

The triangle race settled and influenced Egypt Iran and Iraq, and some of Russia, but mostly Egypt and around that territory.

The reptilians mostly influenced where ever in your history man worshipped scales of any kind, snakes, alligators and such.

Who's on first? The reptilliens and 'USOs' are first with clay,and cave paintings.

This is a reptillien 'USO'
www.kingego.com...

This is the inside of a 'USO'

genealogyreligion.net...

WATER REPTILLIENS AND USOs CONTROLED THE EYES BEFORE THE TRIANGLE RACE CONTROLLED the eyes of flight and UFOs

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by Vandelay Industries

You say you only bother with sightings by scientists, pilots, military, and air control experts. You also say radar evidence is important and on the whole I agree. When independent observers can corroborate what is going on on the radar screen well then you have a gem of a sighting report!

I have always thought there is a psychological side to the UFO phenomenon. Abduction reports for instance seldom leave much in the way of evidence, but for the victim this doesn't make the experience any less real. This can be true of 'normal' sightings in that some seem personal in nature to the observer.

Does this mean people are crazy? Well maybe, but I tend to think the mind is involved on some level whether it be straight up hallucinations or someone/something is messing with us.

Do you agree there is more to this than just nuts and bolts craft on scientific expeditions?
edit on 10/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

Military have incredible amount of info, the military - whistleblowers are full of ufo info and Linda Moulton Howe is a true expert in gleaning that info, Her tapped interviews are some of the very best i've ever heard, but there are others for sure. But unless you get the respect of the retired military that Linda has, it isn't easy for them to come out of the closet. They have to sign an agreement not to divulge during their career. That is why so many talk after they retire.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Did I miss your citation for these mighty claims? Enquiring minds want to know, you know?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Of course America attempted to intercept UFOs, with the Cold war there was a big probability of UFO sightings and I am sure the authorities appreciated all the help the ufo craze created with people reporting any sightings, to be crosschecked with scheduled flights.

People who believe in UFOs just dont have any idea what it takes to travel even to our closest stars.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

As a PhD research scientist who has extensively investigated the UFO phenomenon for the past 4 years, I have concluded that about 99% of the entire field—not just sightings—is junk.

At the risk of sounding mean, your post is full of logical fallacies/strawman and unsupported statements.
it begins with an unsupported argument from authority + could you please post some examples
of this 99% and of the other 1%, why you believe they are not junk.

I have also concluded that visitations to earth have occurred.

Again what evidence made you come to this conclusion?

As a scientist (you claim) you would be expected in your training to supply at least some
kind of argument as to why you come to those conclusions..

/deny ignorance...over to you...

Limbo

edit on 11-6-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

wow...sure, "stupid" does come to mind after reading the gibberish you have made up...

Sir/madam, those videos are showing PAINTINGS that exist in museums, cathedrals and churches all around the world.

Your gibberish is not going to debunk the fact that these paintings, and ancient texts describing ufos exist and have been observed throughout most of the history of mankind...

Your gibberish doesn't debunk anything, but it shows the state of your mind...

edit on 11-6-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Many people seem fixated with the general opinion that "Aliens" travel in UFOs from light years away, to and from some distant star system, on a regular basis.
True, there are mysteries to our physical Universe that Im sure Earth humans are not aware of, we are only in the infancy of knowledge...we lost at least 1500 years of it after the Roman/Eqypt collapse.

Perhaps these "People" dont need to travel vast distances. Perhaps, and more logical, is that they have already established bases here on Earth, the Moon, Mars? and other moons, years maybe eons, ago.
Our Oceans are Vast and unexplored, there are many reports of fast moving lights/craft etc under the sea, not to mention reports of "UFOs" entering and exiting the seas.
What about the Frozen Poles? The large deserts? the Myriad of underground cavern systems that we KNOW are under our feet.
Maybe the smaller craft are just recon. ships for short haul, to and from bases, For what reason we are not aware of.
Our planet is quite large, the Moon is remote, Mars is still a mystery to us.
They dont need to fly fragile small craft light years away.
I have no idea what their technology is, but just imagine if they travel at only 100,000 mph in space..the Moon is just 2.5 hours away.
Simply conjecture of course, but they dont Have to travel to other star systems, just to eat a meal.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join