It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge of Coming Major World Event Hidden in Nelly Furtado Music Video (Big Hoops)

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I take anyone who thinks they are performing magic with a grain of salt, mostly because they aren't, as the real magicians don't let us know they are here. Check out my link in my sig if you are interested in the actual occult.

You have ZERO understanding of the principle then, and are not qualified in the least to tell me I don't see magickal imagery.

You need to read more, and stop watching harry potter movies. "Magick" is a science. For someone who claims to know so much, you know very little.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
The pyramid was over her mouth but the top part was completely covering her eyes. I would go get a screen capture, but this conversation is completely unproductive and there's no point in using the energy with you, you'll just keep on shilling.

REBEL FIVE

Here is the screen capture.

What does this mean?
edit on 16-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that you're deliberately obfuscating. I've told you no less than three times and now YOU'VE posted the screen captures which shows you exactly what I said. She's covering her eyes with a pyramid. Obviously you don't want to know what it means because I've already told you several times now, it means 'seeing without your eyes'

But, I'm not getting sucked down the shill rabbit hole with you. Next thing you'll be telling me that movies and song lyrics don't mean anything, they only mean what we want them to mean. Most of your arguments are specus.

I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to bate us, in the hopes that we post something that will result in being moderated. Well, good luck with that. I'm done having anymore conversations with you.

REBEL FIVE

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The pyramid was over her mouth but the top part was completely covering her eyes. I would go get a screen capture, but this conversation is completely unproductive and there's no point in using the energy with you, you'll just keep on shilling.

REBEL FIVE

What does this mean?

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that you're deliberately obfuscating. I've told you no less than three times and now YOU'VE posted the screen captures which shows you exactly what I said. She's covering her eyes with a pyramid. Obviously you don't want to know what it means because I've already told you several times now, it means 'seeing without your eyes'

But, I'm not getting sucked down the shill rabbit hole with you. Next thing you'll be telling me that movies and song lyrics don't mean anything, they only mean what we want them to mean. Most of your arguments are specus.

I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to bate us, in the hopes that we post something that will result in being moderated. Well, good luck with that. I'm done having anymore conversations with you.

REBEL FIVE

So, a pyramid over the mouth means 'seeing without eyes"? Could you direct me to the source of that information?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

REBEL FIVE

What does this mean?

REBEL FIVE

So, a pyramid over the mouth means 'seeing without eyes"? Could you direct me to the source of that information?

Stop using distraction and address the person here who has called you out.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

I take anyone who thinks they are performing magic with a grain of salt, mostly because they aren't, as the real magicians don't let us know they are here. Check out my link in my sig if you are interested in the actual occult.

You have ZERO understanding of the principle then, and are not qualified in the least to tell me I don't see magickal imagery.

You need to read more, and stop watching harry potter movies. "Magick" is a science. For someone who claims to know so much, you know very little.

Oh, "Magick is a science".. awesome.. that means it is measurable and repreatable. Could you direct me to some repeatably verifiable magical science?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

REBEL FIVE

What does this mean?

REBEL FIVE

Stop using distraction and address the person here who has called you out.

I am not distracted at all. I am able to both pat my head AND rub my tummy.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh, "Magick is a science".. awesome.. that means it is measurable and repreatable. Could you direct me to some repeatably verifiable magical science?

It's all around you. In fact, after reading your thread, I am convinced you are aware of "occult science". So the only question that remains, is why are you here, telling people there is nothing to see, when you yourself, know damn well there is occult imagery?

*edit funny how you can always expose them by bringing out their ego. This is why the process is all about eliminating the ego.
edit on 16-6-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It's all around you. In fact, after reading your thread, I am convinced you are aware of "occult science". So the only question that remains, is why are you here, telling people there is nothing to see, when you yourself, know damn well there is occult imagery?

I'm not so convinced of that. I just read a good bit of his thread 'Is Hogwarts Real' and it seems to me he uses this as a mechanism to get others to believe he really believes in magic. But I'm not convinced. If its true, then he scoffs at books like The Golden Dawn and Alister Crowley and bases his education on HARRY POTTER, well that seems very grown up.

REBEL V

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

*edit funny how you can always expose them by bringing out their ego. This is why the process is all about eliminating the ego.

So, you haven't any verifiable magical science for me to try at home? Too bad, you got my hopes up!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So, you haven't any verifiable magical science for me to try at home? Too bad, you got my hopes up!

Comical at best. You have failed at every juncture to prove your "logic".

"Nothing to see here folks"

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I'm not so convinced of that. I just read a good bit of his thread 'Is Hogwarts Real' and it seems to me he uses this as a mechanism to get others to believe he really believes in magic. But I'm not convinced. If its true, then he scoffs at books like The Golden Dawn and Alister Crowley and bases his education on HARRY POTTER, well that seems very grown up.

REBEL V

This is getting better and better. You would think that it was my birthday.. perhaps it is.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Failed at what? You are the one making claims you won't or can't back up!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I have already backed them up. You are the one asking for proof that has already been provided

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I have already backed them up. You are the one asking for proof that has already been provided

I have just checked the entire thread, and there isn't any proof of your claim that states "Magick is a science." That is why I asked for a proof int eh form of a magical science experiment that I could try.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have just checked the entire thread, and there isn't any proof of your claim that states "Magick is a science." That is why I asked for a proof int eh form of a magical science experiment that I could try.

First of all it's called "occult science", secondly, you were linked to proof above. It's not my fault you didn't have the attention span to follow up.

Finally, you have been provided with images, links to books, etc. You have been shown clearly every single way which the occult is propagated. You have even been given a cursory look into ritual magick, and yet still you stand here, denying what is clearly visible. I am left with only one conclusion: You WANT this to be false, so that you can hide your own insecurities and baby the way you see the world. That, or you are so god damned lazy you can't be bothered to do the research yourself. Either way (again), your ignorance is NOT my problem. Just because you say it is so, does not make it so. READ A BOOK.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
DeadSeraph (hope I spelled that right), my suggestion is just ignore him, he's just edging you on.

REBEL FIVE

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

DeadSeraph (hope I spelled that right), my suggestion is just ignore him, he's just edging you on.

REBEL FIVE

I thought the slogan around here was "deny ignorance", so that's what I'm doing.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

First of all it's called "occult science", secondly, you were linked to proof above. It's not my fault you didn't have the attention span to follow up.

Finally, you have been provided with images, links to books, etc. You have been shown clearly every single way which the occult is propagated. You have even been given a cursory look into ritual magick, and yet still you stand here, denying what is clearly visible. I am left with only one conclusion: You WANT what you claim so badly you are incapable of viewing the evidence before you objectively. That, or you are so god damned lazy you can't be bothered to do the research yourself. Either way (again), your ignorance is NOT my problem. Just because you say it is so, does not make it so. READ A BOOK.

Last I heard, "Occult Science" was still a misnomer, as nothing occult has ever been proven scientifically verifiable. The term is merely the pursuit of that information, seeing as there isn't and frankly never has been anything to it, I think it is safe to say that superstition is what it is.

People cling to superstitions and occult teachings because of ignorance, because actuality isn't enough for them or because it is simply beyond their comprehension to understand. Stupid people exist. It isn't politically correct to say, but it is the truth.

Occult theory continues to this day for one reason and one reason only, to sell books to the young and gullible. Is anyone denying that the 'All Seeing Eye' isn't an occult symbol? Nope. Clearly it is. It's history can be traced back well into Eqyptian times with little difficulty. The claim here is that there is occult symbolism in this video, and the claim isn't really that strong.

She makes a barely passable triangle with her hands and puts it over her eye, like the aforementioned All Seeing Eye, but she also makes the symbol over her mouth as well, which is NOT an occult symbol. When looking at messages and meanings, one must look at what DOESNT fit just as much as what DOES fit.

You posted a bunch of images of pop stars with different supposed occult symbolism. Outside of the blatantly obvious jacket on Madonna, which references money not occultism, your evidence just doesnt hold any water.

I have an advanced degree in art history and read more academic texts on symbolism in art than I can even remember and most assuredly have forgotten more on the subject than it seems you are even aware of with your single minded approach and basic inferences to main streamers like Crowley and Jung. The derivative works of later psychologists put Jung in his place quite quickly, and do so with what seems little effort, because the science of the time helped formulate better understandings of the brain and how it works.

On top of my own education, I have a partner who is working on her PhD in anthropology, and forgive me if I trust my knowledge of such things as the study of human trends in media to someone who is making it her life work to study humanity.

You have yet to prove even your most basic premise, that this video has occult symbolism in it. It just isn't there. The artist says it isn't there, and only those that are actively looking for such things seem to find it. Don't believe everything you think. It is a dangerous proposition that can lead to disastrous results. Ask the Heaven's Gate cult.. oh wait..

Now, I am going to bow out of this thread for a while, if only to allow it to cool down. I am hoping for someone to provide some evidence of the claims to make this thread interesting again.

It seems the poster below doesn't quite understand the point of this post, which is okay, because I wasn't actually expecting him to do so. He seems to be under the impression that I am conceding my points, when I am clearly not conceding any points, merely getting tired of asking for evidence that isn't forthcoming from him or the other one.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Finally, you have been provided with images, links to books, etc. You have been shown clearly every single way which the occult is propagated. You have even been given a cursory look into ritual magick, and yet still you stand here, denying what is clearly visible. I am left with only one conclusion: You WANT what you claim so badly you are incapable of viewing the evidence before you objectively. That, or you are so god damned lazy you can't be bothered to do the research yourself. Either way (again), your ignorance is NOT my problem. Just because you say it is so, does not make it so. READ A BOOK.

Last I heard, "Occult Science" was still a misnomer, as nothing occult has ever been proven scientifically verifiable. The term is merely the pursuit of that information, seeing as there isn't and frankly never has been anything to it, I think it is safe to say that superstition is what it is.

People cling to superstitions and occult teachings because of ignorance, because actuality isn't enough for them or because it is simply beyond their comprehension to understand. Stupid people exist. It isn't politically correct to say, but it is the truth.

Occult theory continues to this day for one reason and one reason only, to sell books to the young and gullible. Is anyone denying that the 'All Seeing Eye' isn't an occult symbol? Nope. Clearly it is. It's history can be traced back well into Eqyptian times with little difficulty. The claim here is that there is occult symbolism in this video, and the claim isn't really that strong.

She makes a barely passable triangle with her hands and puts it over her eye, like the aforementioned All Seeing Eye, but she also makes the symbol over her mouth as well, which is NOT an occult symbol. When looking at messages and meanings, one must look at what DOESNT fit just as much as what DOES fit.

You posted a bunch of images of pop stars with different supposed occult symbolism. Outside of the blatantly obvious jacket on Madonna, which references money not occultism, your evidence just doesnt hold any water.

I have an advanced degree in art history and read more academic texts on symbolism in art than I can even remember and most assuredly have forgotten more on the subject than it seems you are even aware of with your single minded approach and basic inferences to main streamers like Crowley and Jung. The derivative works of later psychologists put Jung in his place quite quickly, and do so with what seems little effort, because the science of the time helped formulate better understandings of the brain and how it works.

On top of my own education, I have a partner who is working on her PhD in anthropology, and forgive me if I trust my knowledge of such things as the study of human trends in media to someone who is making it her life work to study humanity.

You have yet to prove even your most basic premise, that this video has occult symbolism in it. It just isn't there. The artist says it isn't there, and only those that are actively looking for such things seem to find it. Don't believe everything you think. It is a dangerous proposition that can lead to disastrous results. Ask the Heaven's Gate cult.. oh wait..

Now, I am going to bow out of this thread for a while, if only to allow it to cool down. I am hoping for someone to provide some evidence of the claims to make this thread interesting again.

Thank you for proving my point. I'm not sure why it was so difficult for us to get here, but at least we agree.

*edit: a degree in anthropology does not make an occultist.

You are dancing around the issue while admitting you were wrong (in a round about way). I would suggest your time is better spent in another thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Additionally, you'd do well to research the definition of "occult", and read a few books on the subject. But I'm starting to sound like a broken record, aren't I?

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join