It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all know the truth. Deep down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
1 thing in life we have to face we are all going to die. So do we make up storys to make us feel better. Like life After death. Evolution been proven scientifically but people still do not believe it. We all know the truth deep down.
edit on 10-6-2012 by terry456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by terry456

I heard a long time ago, "if you hear a lie enough times, you will start to believe it".
So, we have religion.
The "good books" would have you spread the word.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

There's no reason evolution can't be true along with the possibly of an afterlife. Nobody knows what happens when we die (because no one ever came back to the tell the story) so we shouldn't assume we know what happens. I doubt the Christian afterlife is true, but I also haven't been there (dead) to prove this correct or not.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I think we all get the simplest stuff,empathy, do unto others, etc,

It may be our unique, individual theories on our own limitations that knock us off a path of equality, the path of truth. What am I willing to do to achieve my goals, to live my dreams? How much disharmony could one dish out before he/she knows its immoral?

Thats the point we struggle with, thats a reason religion was formed, and still around today. I have little respect for religions but they filled a gap in medieval times and unfortunately hung around with little tricks like that of torture(inquisition), and misery(crusades), and torment(persecution of women) and fear(hell) the likes of which the human species has yet to become aware of, and of course recover from.

We all know the truth deep down.

True, its each persons quest to become aware and bring clarity to this innate, intuitive feeling or sense.

And absolutely hold our accuracy in such endeavors to be our highest ideal.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by terry456
1 thing in life we have to face we are all going to die. So do we make up storys to make us feel better. Like life After death. Evolution been proven scientifically but people still do not believe it. We all know the truth deep down.

My made up story is that reincarnation is true. That way people who screw up other people's lives could get a full dose of payback's a biotch from the same ones they hurt. Guess you could say that's a form of evolution by harsh experience and not knowing why everybody hates you. Makes ya wonder if people like Dick Cheney don't bellieve the same thing and it makes them do ANYTHING to keep from going there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

On the contrary we are born with one certainty regardless of who we become in life or where we come from, the knowledge that we will die.

That makes it a big part of life.

That tells you that death is a part of life in more ways than one.

Our understanding of death is just limited by how we live on this earth and I would even go as far as to say that how you live your life determines not just your death but what happens after it too.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I didnt read the replies, didnt want to be jaded.

You are absolutely right from my experience.

I dont follow any books but I know that the law of life is written on every heart. . every heart. . thats right wverythig that breaths, .whatever. . .

Cheers to you on a deep one. . peace in the abyss

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

evolution as a means to facilitate environmental adaptability has been shown to happen, but darwin's theory of the evolution of the species is fraught with speculation.
and the mechanism that facilitates adaptation, random chance, has mos def NOT been proven valid.
how can anything random, by nature, show statistical validity?

i am by no means a bible beater.
what i mean is that although i do not belong to one of the cults of abraham, darwin's theory on our supposed evolution from a single cell to our current multi-cell design has not, in any way shape or form, shown empirical validity.

how do you know that you are going to die?

actually, a better question would be "what is death"?

can you explain people's experiences who have been declared clinically brain dead for as long as 10 to 30 minutes who have come back from the abyss insisting that they experienced the process of supposedly dying, but without actually dying?

methinks that deep down you might either be suffering from major depressive disorder or you have a need for others to qualify your beliefs.

i would recommend maybe spending less time on conspiracy sites and more time reading the classics, or taking a walk.

live forever or die trying!

ciao!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

Wow a lighter side of things , I will take that in .

I had a noton that I was a positive person, thanks.

I totally agree that no matter the reallity of life fighting for life is critical.

No matter what this is it is worth every second to me.

Peace.

T

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I belive in Fractal evolution and the big bang. Fractal evolution is that a person changes during his life. Species changes from one thing to another. Soul and spirits evolve thru multiple lives. The big bang happened and was the starting point of the division of everything. From unity to total division.

Maybe you are looking at shadows on the wall of platos cave? en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe you should question the scientist and all religon to see if there is something behind everything? If you seek wisdom then you find wisdom.

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”
Buddha quote

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Your point is...what? All I see, deep down or otherwise, is a few half-baked ideas, EVOLUTION, a few more half-baked ideas. Yeah, I know the truth deep down: we're gonna die, dude! Do you think that's the end?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Exactly. We are all creations of the devine truth. And one day,as a society, we will all experience bliss. But not before great tribulation which has not only come, but is yet to come.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

A lie was invented to protect the truth. Some people cannot handle the truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I agree. On july the 7th i participated in what is known to me as "the day god spoke" and since then i been evovling into a being of light so great, that to mention, would create utter turmoil

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

We? Just because you think that your cousins to a bunch of monkeys does not mean we all think that. Fact is that humans are the only ones who can talk, think and walk. There are billions of species on the planet and we are the only ones, monkeys throw # at each other for the fun of it and we vomit if we see #.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation. Simply because it's the most evil punishment that could ever be devised.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
After working so hard to keep the facade intact for so long, it is time to surrender giving the Truth its day.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks they know "the truth" about things like life after death, or any other thing they have no possible way of having real information about is deluded. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think they know certain things, but people should also be able to realize that they are fallible and that a sense of "knowing" is in no way an indication of whether or not something is actually true.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes, we're all going to die, every soul must taste death. But we simply see it as moving to the next part of the journey, not the end at all. You're free to believe that all of this is meaningless.

new topics

top topics

join