It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway of Tears: Mystery of the 800-mile stretch of Canadian road where up to 43 women have gone mi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by ipsedixit

I'm not sure what BC's horticultural society or economy has anything to do with "wildmen"....

I'm talking about the illegal horticultural sector. People get shot routinely in that industry and bodies get dumped routinely. It is quite possible that the "Highway of Tears" is a multipurpose road.

Wildmen are also bad guys from the sticks who live often brutal lives in harsh conditions and who are used to getting what they want by being harsh and brutal.

I lived that winter in Vancouver in a flophouse on Pender Avenue. I know what I am talking about.

Can you find a serial killer in history who "smoked dope"? I can't think of any.

The dope smoking is mostly done on the retail end of the business. I'm referring to the wholesale people.

However, I would be amazed if a lot of serial killers didn't smoke dope. Ted Bundy did, I believe.

These ladies are probably being killed by more than one person and for any number of reasons.
edit on 11-6-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

yep, I'm amazed that people are still under the illusion that all dope does is make you starry eyed and hungry- the papers here in the UK regularly have news articles where murderers are reported to have smoked dope heavily- generally (not that I have studied it in depth), they appear to be one off murders, probably because if they have addled their brains so much they wouldn't be good at getting away with it over and over again

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

yep, I'm amazed that people are still under the illusion that all dope does is make you starry eyed and hungry- the papers here in the UK regularly have news articles where murderers are reported to have smoked dope heavily- generally (not that I have studied it in depth), they appear to be one off murders, probably because if they have addled their brains so much they wouldn't be good at getting away with it over and over again

depends on the drugs you're mentioning... if someone commits a murder while high on marijuana or hashish i would say that person already had a violent personality. marijuana doesn't make you a psycho. (but i can give you some nasty anxiety attacks!)

but if you're talking crystal meth, pcp or some other hardcore stuff, maybe it's possible it can make a calm person violent enough to kill...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If the police think they are dealing with a serial killer or more than one serial killer, they are probably right. Profiling the victims would give a good indication of that.

Girls who are just a little bit wild and are runaways or who disappear for a while and take off hitch-hiking are more likely to be victims of a serial killer.

Girls who are associated with biker gangs, the illegal horticultural industry, or "rounders" (independant small time hoods) are likely to be murdered in the course of business or through unfortunate circumstances.

I'm more familiar with the day to day life of the rounders myself. In that world you can die for any number of reasons or for no reason or by accident or as the result of a practical joke that went wrong or because you got drunk with the wrong person. It's similar to life among the bikers. Women are used for everything in that world. They lead dangerous lives, but the killers among them aren't the serial killer type. They aren't psychologically compelled to kill.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here's an idea. Is camping/hiking worth any of this? How about we stay away from there? Just a thought.

No more"hiking" over the Iranian border either.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

ya it was just an oppss.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Highway of Tears: Mystery of the 800-mile stretch of Canadian road where up to 43 women have gone missing in 30 years and could be victims of serial killer

www.dailymail.co.uk

It has been dubbed the Highway of Tears.

Mystery surrounds one of the remotest stretches of highway in Canada after nearly 50 women are believed to have gone missing there in the past 30 years.

Many believe that the disappearances along Highway 16, which runs between Prince George and Prince Rupert in British Columbia, are the work of a twisted serial killer who preys on young women...
(cont)victims of Canada's harsh and remote wilderness.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

watch that movie --wrong turn --or hostel--thats what happened

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

ya it was just an oppss.

What was?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Originally posted by BobAthome

ya it was just an oppss.

What was?

"They lead dangerous lives, but the killers among them aren't the serial killer type. They aren't psychologically compelled to kill. "

some one who gets killed like that is an opps not serial,,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
I have read similar cases, probably a psychotic serial killer doing it for the
fun or the excitement he/she has due to certain fetishes. Must be living in
a hideout or in a nearby village with a hidden underground basement. Which
I imagine most serial killers to do, best way to hide something is to hide
it right under your nose.

Well the UNA bomber is pretty close to that description. Didn't they make a few movies about a serial killer in Australia or something? He ended up being in the middle of the outback literally hundreds+ miles from any town or civilization. Either way, this sounds like a Hollywood film, only in real life. What a shame.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

There are plenty of female serial killers out there, you cant catch them because female psycopaths are far more intelligent than their male counterparts.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

There are plenty of female serial killers out there, you cant catch them because female psycopaths are far more intelligent than their male counterparts.

what a ridiculous post

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In regards to Nome's disappearances its already been investigated by the FBI they determined it to be in relation to alcohol. Most of the men that disappeared were known alcoholics. Walking in -20 weather back to your village isn't such a good idea when your hammered. I can tell you from experience living in Alaska that there are SOME natives that have a terrible alcohol problem. The problem is so bad that most if not all villages have banned alcohol consumption. Watching the show Alaska state troopers will provide proof to this.
Now if you want a serial killer find out whos killed up to four people from anchorage to Fairbanks. 1 airmen was found in wasilla, 2 in anchorage, 1 in Fairbanks. All under strange circumstances apparently the most recent one was just the torso but this was through the army grape vine not the actual news.
The state of Alaska would never admit to a serial killer it would be the death of there massive tourism business.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Highway of Tears murder solved with improbable DNA sample

Well, Looks like this (or most of it) has been solved. A DNA sample saved for decades from a shirt no less!! Good job, Royal Canadian Mounted Police!! read all about it here!! >> www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I've lived along there most of my life in a small city called Prince George near the Rockies.

Hah! Small world. I'm from Prince George

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Have you got any proof to back up that claim?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

That is a bold claim.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I probably know you.....

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Xaphan

I probably know you.....

Perhaps. It's a fairly large city. It would also depend on if you grew up here or not, and what school(s) you went to.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
no serial killer can operate for forty years and it is forty.. without someone in leo being complicit

ever wonder why they lock up pot smokers buyt leave rapists and pedophiles running loose? ever questioned that one?

We have had a recent clean up (11 years) agoand it was odd as soon as the corrupt sheriff was gone.. and in prison the abuse stats dropped.. well duh..............................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join