It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway of Tears: Mystery of the 800-mile stretch of Canadian road where up to 43 women have gone mi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Not to diminish the severity of the situation but I have to wonder...
Maybe many of those woman WANTED to disappear. A woman alone walking down a lonesome stretch of highway which will lead to the coast... Why are they hitchhiking there in the first place? I am not saying that some of these cases weren't abductions (alien or domestic) or murders, but I can't stop wondering why they are out their hitchhiking in the first place.

I decided to take a look at Google Earth and then realized at this point that Highway 16 is The Trans Canada (duh, should have known...) and pretty much only route to the coast without heading down to the lower mainland. It causes me to lean more towards the "some wanted to disappear" scenario.
edit on 11/6/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

But should we just ignore them and stop looking for people who go missing casue maybe they just wanted to dissapear...

Its not like these people just go "hey, i think ill walk through that giant expanse of forest alone today". its B.C. if you want to go from one city or town to another you have to pass through MILES of Forest... We havnt clear cut and paved everything here... and its not just empty fields like Alberta and other places.

And there are many different routes to get to the coast, highway 16 NOT being the main one even thouhg it is the trans Canada...

All of your comments were completeley wrong, un-educated guesses... or your just being an insincere douce on purpose.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Natives in Canada are treated like blacks are in the US.

You mean they get elected to the highest office in Canada, head of Canada's justice department, and positions like Secretary of State in prior administrations?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by babybunnies

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Police don't take any notice when it's Natives.

Natives in Canada are treated like blacks are in the US. Sh*t like that almost makes me ashamed to be white.

Last time I checked, We have a Black President here in America? So what were you saying about how they are treated here? Have you guys ever had a native president? better yet, do Natives make millions of dollars in The sports and entertainment industries up their in Canada?

If you're ashamed to be white, then you should probably take your guilt ridden self to the nearest reservation and help make a change. Even better though, you might want to just leave the race-baiting garbage for another thread because this one is about abductions on a Canadian highway. The focus should be on finding this sick and twisted sexual predator and not your misled assumptions my friend.

Now quit wasting my time Spicoli, and go order me and the rest of the class a large pizza so we can eat it in front of you.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I grew up on the east coast of Canada and have lived in Toronto for most of my adult life, but I did spend one winter in Vancouver and I gotta tell ya, as beautiful as British Columbia is, it is also slightly creepy. The creep factor comes down the coast from Alaska, down from the Yukon and last but not least, from the BC interior.

There is too much dope grown in BC and too many wildmen from the places I named above.

The "Highway of Tears" could be one guy operating or a dozen guys operating or a whole collection of "one offs".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Echtelion
There's been many murders of young women in BC lately, also on Vancouver Island... stuff that reminds you of "Twin Peaks". Seems like this is a traveling assassin.... there are so many wicked men around there it's not too surprising, even though it's still terrible.
edit on 11/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

Well,then if its only "men" committing these serial killings,then could it be JUST "women" doing these?

In all, the investigators say they've connected the bizarre drowning deaths of at least 40 college-age men across the country.

Smiley face killers may be stalking college men

As recently as 2008, Gannon and Duarte were examining evidence[1] going back to the late 1990s that they believe connects the deaths of 40 or more college-age males, whose dead bodies were found in water in 11 states, often after leaving parties or bars where they were drinking. The men, according to the former detectives, often fit a profile of being popular, athletic, and good students, and most were white.[2] Gannon and Duarte have theorized that the young men were all murdered, either by an individual or by an organized group of killers.[2][3] The term smiley face became connected to the alleged murders when it was made public that Gannon and Duarte had discovered graffiti depicting a smiley face near locations where they think the killer dumped the bodies in at least a dozen of the cases.

Smiley face murder theory

For all anyone knows,it could be groups of people,doing this. Men,women,etc...............

People disappear. Some want to,some don't. From those disappearing in National Parks,to the "trail of tears",their is an epidemic.

More vindication against women?

For your information, violence in society rarely goes from women to men. It's usually the opposite, while the violent institutions (Police, Military, Courts, industry) are vastly run by MEN. I challenge you to point me towards a government that's predominantly run by women... you'll have a hard time! Adding to this the exploitative culture towards women, especially their body...

This is a culture of rape we got here. Just look at how paedophilia and sexual violence towards women is rampant on the Internet, or how most prostitutes in cities are women, these are the obvious proofs.

Really... I haven't seen much women doing stuff like Robert Pickton did, towards men. It's most often men abusing their strength/power against women and children. The instances of the opposite are frankly quite rare, or just in cases of liberation against one of these oppressive males.

Female serial killers? Sorry, haven't seen much of that, other than in bad Hollywood movies (that are 100% the truth, btw, lol).

Women killing younger women? hum... no. Very unlikely.

And it's not about how Men are bad. It's about how society programs their brains into becoming rapists, into always thinking about PENETRATION, and MORE PENETRATION. Enforcing their will upon others, and imposing their penis. About shooting and f---ng.

It's about a rape culture that makes this into a set of values, induced by FORCE over our minds.
edit on 11/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

There's been plenty of female serial killers and they tend to be better at it than men. Atleast when it comes to not getting caught. I don't see how you can safely rule out a woman killer just because it's women being killed.

As far as society making men into killers by teaching them penetration, you have completely lost me.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I'm not sure what BC's horticultural society or economy has anything to do with "wildmen".... Can you find a serial killer in history who "smoked dope"? I can't think of any.
edit on 11-6-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You may also be interested in reading this thread as it is related .

Serial /Interstate Killer(s)? "When will the FBI Connect the Dots on the Petite Blondes? "
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So glad you are getting this message out for folk to be alert !!!
SnF! ... Peace and safety, all!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Solution: hot undercover policewomen

You will catch a lot of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I sense you felt somehow hurt, but theres no denying the fact that women kill aswell so, it might be better if you just relax and take a step back, at least you wont look like...that...

Has someone looked deeper into the UFO side? Perhaps more than 1 killer? Still think that 30 years its too long a stretch for a single killer.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by dreamingawake

There are few highway serial killers around right now that have been around for many years, or possibly it's one person who just manages to get everywhere. I'm wondering if the possible Canadian one has any ties to the possible one or more in the United States, it would be entirely possible if it was a trucker. This map shows more than 500 cases over the past 30+ years.

Source: FBI

Thanks for the map!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Round those parts natives believe Sasquatch is responsible for those disappearances.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi,,

Some topics need to be re- freshed instead of burried away and forgot about.

I remember that sick filth the BTK killer,some can be dormant and really in no hurry.

We are also looking 800+ miles of highway here ,and the vast forest area and terrain that surronds it.

I assume the killer(s) know the turf there and know there backyard quite well.

I read the link to the news article,am I to understand none of the bodies have been found/recovered?
All were young woman also.
Now the killer also preyed on the aboriginal community.
The killer now would probly be mid 50's now.
He's very clever and cautious and in no hurry,(makes him more dangerous).
I remember the makeover/profile the (shrinks from the police department) gave of the BTK killer was 360 degrees off.( the guy never even got a ticket I Idont think?)

The strategy this killer(s) use is quite deadly.
I'd start at the time frame(season/months,but at 1.5 a year?)
I'd also put out a bulletin to all hitch hikers in the past years also, on who picked them up.,and not just on that highway for some input.

I kinda get the feeling all bodies are in one place or in a certain area.,,the truck driver theory sounds to easy to me but he does drive around and has a route of some kind is possible.
I also scense slave/rape,kept alive for sometime.(thats why theres dorment time).or untill he/them grow's hungry again?
The time spam is hard to deal in a case like this.

Scary if this is a sick nut case serial killer!
I also would assume this killer has other hunting grounds also possibly?

I hope they open up the files on this again,bring in some other minds as well ,and fresh thoughts into this.

molly

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
I guess this is breaking news for the UK?
Its just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, ATS. Many rabbit holes.

from BabyBunnies:

What's even more disheartening that the disappearances, is that Native groups have been going to the police for DECADES saying that women have been going missing along this stretch of road, but it was only when a white woman went missing that police started to take notice.

It is good to see this topic discussed once again on ATS. Its proven that it will always be breaking news to someone.
S & F

Exactly, not everyone has heard about it. Living in the NW 10 plus years now I only heard of it last year. Probably because I am not in Canada(I'd suspect largely at one time it wasn't mentioned outside of Canada), but getting the story out may bring the case/cases just that one step closer to being solved.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

There's been plenty of female serial killers and they tend to be better at it than men. Atleast when it comes to not getting caught. I don't see how you can safely rule out a woman killer just because it's women being killed.

I agree. We just don't know! Never rule out suspects due to gender. One of our most noted female serial killers: Aileen Wuornos though the intent is slightly different due to being directed toward men, doesn't mean woman won't kill woman.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

Thats a stupid looking sign. The color schemes and cartoony feel make it seem like a joke.

I bet you anything that serial killer drives past that sign and smiles. Its probably something of a trophy for (likely) him.

Its been seen time and time again....serial killers who get away with it for that long, start taunting, or mocking police because they think they've outsmarted them and will never be caught. That sign is basically a mastubatory banner for the killer. Please pardon my language

While I agree about the sign and reallyyyy hope the "possible suspect and or suspects" does not "get off" on it.

Perhaps the signs colors help it to be seen at night/glowing paint? Point is to discourage would-be- hitch hikers of looking for a ride on that long stretch of highway, due to the presented risk.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I live in British Columbia, a few hours south of here, and have been following this story.

What's even more disheartening that the disappearances, is that Native groups have been going to the police for DECADES saying that women have been going missing along this stretch of road, but it was only when a white woman went missing that police started to take notice.

A sad, sad story indeed, I really hope they catch whomever is responsible, and soon.

This is old news, but a spotlight must be kept on this case. If it were UFO's, why only women?

Star and flag, OP.
edit on 10-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

I have heard this racist angle being crowbarred in........about the "white" person sparking interest in 2002, then I looked at the map on the Daily Mail link showing victims going back decades, many of whom were "white"...........why do people insist on bringing race into everything.............

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by ipsedixit

I'm not sure what BC's horticultural society or economy has anything to do with "wildmen".... Can you find a serial killer in history who "smoked dope"? I can't think of any.
edit on 11-6-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

Well I can think of one, Jeffry Dahmer. But i wouldn't go as far to say that smoking weed had anything to do with him killing people. Most likely it made him kill less. The man was very sick in the head.

I would have to agree that it is most likely a trucker killing these woman. But There are to many things it could be. And until they find some evidence, We will all just be speculating.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
These witness accounts are shocking and lend to the idea this is quite a large conspiracy, and terrible for any caught in it, if true. Could be an enormous, multi-leveled coverup which has been active for years, if not decades.

link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Women killing younger women? hum... no. Very unlikely.

According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, yet we continue to "persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior," says Jill Korbin, expert on child abuse, who has studied mothers who killed their children.

Women Who Kill Their Children

People seem to put all ills on "MAN" to make it seem that "woman" are not part of the culture of killing....

Sad,that this is overlooked,by the consensus.Lets just keep believing its men,doing this,and take women out of the equation.The men who have killed ALL these woman, have been caught,right?
Women arnt helping in these abductions,right?

Deny Ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join