It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway of Tears: Mystery of the 800-mile stretch of Canadian road where up to 43 women have gone mi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

There are few highway serial killers around right now that have been around for many years, or possibly it's one person who just manages to get everywhere. I'm wondering if the possible Canadian one has any ties to the possible one or more in the United States, it would be entirely possible if it was a trucker. This map shows more than 500 cases over the past 30+ years.

Source: FBI

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Not to diminish the severity of the situation but I have to wonder...
Maybe many of those woman WANTED to disappear. A woman alone walking down a lonesome stretch of highway which will lead to the coast... Why are they hitchhiking there in the first place? I am not saying that some of these cases weren't abductions (alien or domestic) or murders, but I can't stop wondering why they are out their hitchhiking in the first place.

I decided to take a look at Google Earth and then realized at this point that Highway 16 is The Trans Canada (duh, should have known...) and pretty much only route to the coast without heading down to the lower mainland. It causes me to lean more towards the "some wanted to disappear" scenario.
edit on 11/6/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Interesting to bring up the Trucker perspective. Tons of truck traffic on Highway 16. Prince Rupert mostly known for logging and ports. I know alot of Truckers who are great people but it can be a very lonely life...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have heard the same about some national parks in the USA and Cananda where people just mysteriously disappear only to be found kilometres away from where they originally were. The same was said about these cases. A serial killer running around in the forrset picking off vunerable people. The truth is, anythng could be out there.

Looking at the map someone put up, you can see somes cases where it is possibly a repeat offender. When the bodies have been found, have they found any evidence to suggest foul play etc? Is it definetly a serial killer?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If you put "Highway of Tears" into the ATS search engine you will find lots of posts on this subject over the years.

Its not really breaking news.

edit on 11-6-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This definitly deserves some intense investigation, I feel missing people reports are deliberately ignored by the police and media for some nefarious reason.
Down here in Australia we have around 35,000 people a year go missing, an average of one every fifteen minutes.
www.missingpersons.gov.au...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
if others are suggesting UFO abduction as a cause and not a serial killer ..might i add it could be a wendigo or even sasquatch

im more inclined to think its a serial killer or packs of wild animals.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Bodies found and you people are still talking about alien abductions...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

43 in 3 decades? He must have been keeping them in a basement or a similar soundproof room or something.

Thats rather (s)low for a serial killer rate. He might has kept them for some month as sex slave, or to be tortured. Or probably a couple of serial killers?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have read about this before and I beleive it was ignored by the government for a long time because mostly they were native American women.I could be wrong.Still it is a long time for a serial killer to operate.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I guess this is breaking news for the UK?
Its just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, ATS. Many rabbit holes.

from BabyBunnies:

What's even more disheartening that the disappearances, is that Native groups have been going to the police for DECADES saying that women have been going missing along this stretch of road, but it was only when a white woman went missing that police started to take notice.

It is good to see this topic discussed once again on ATS. Its proven that it will always be breaking news to someone.
S & F

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

That's my thought as well. When I'm on the road, I truck from the lower 48 states to Alaska. The companies I've worked for prefer a shorter route that follows Hwy 16 and then runs north up the Cassiar Hwy. A little over 300 miles of that route in question.
A trucker is the most likely scenario. Considering the length of time this has been going on, more than one person. There's a large amount of truck traffic, lumber, mining and the north country is filling up with people fast.
I've seen the signs "Hwy of tears". They seem to be addressed to native women. The subject doesn't come up in truck stops etc. The natives aren't too buddy buddy with the non-natives. Not much communication unless necessary.
I've worked with guys who have been running the "Al-Can for 40-50 years. I"ve never heard any UFO stories of any kind, although one section of that run, I have over 600 miles of zero cell coverage of any kind, so there's plenty of room for events to go unnoticed! Hwy 16 is not very "unpopulated" though. Cell coverage is around 60% and it's not far between towns. One could break down and easily walk to "help".
Plenty of black bears , moose and deer to dodge though. It might explain the dirty looks from the natives though, a white trucker is the logical suspect.
Hey! Forget it! I have an alibi.....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There's been many murders of young women in BC lately, also on Vancouver Island... stuff that reminds you of "Twin Peaks". Seems like this is a traveling assassin.... there are so many wicked men around there it's not too surprising, even though it's still terrible.
edit on 11/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
There's been many murders of young women in BC lately, also on Vancouver Island... stuff that reminds you of "Twin Peaks". Seems like this is a traveling assassin.... there are so many wicked men around there it's not too surprising, even though it's still terrible.
edit on 11/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

Well,then if its only "men" committing these serial killings,then could it be JUST "women" doing these?

In all, the investigators say they've connected the bizarre drowning deaths of at least 40 college-age men across the country.

Smiley face killers may be stalking college men

As recently as 2008, Gannon and Duarte were examining evidence[1] going back to the late 1990s that they believe connects the deaths of 40 or more college-age males, whose dead bodies were found in water in 11 states, often after leaving parties or bars where they were drinking. The men, according to the former detectives, often fit a profile of being popular, athletic, and good students, and most were white.[2] Gannon and Duarte have theorized that the young men were all murdered, either by an individual or by an organized group of killers.[2][3] The term smiley face became connected to the alleged murders when it was made public that Gannon and Duarte had discovered graffiti depicting a smiley face near locations where they think the killer dumped the bodies in at least a dozen of the cases.

Smiley face murder theory

For all anyone knows,it could be groups of people,doing this. Men,women,etc...............

People disappear. Some want to,some don't. From those disappearing in National Parks,to the "trail of tears",their is an epidemic.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thats a stupid looking sign. The color schemes and cartoony feel make it seem like a joke.

I bet you anything that serial killer drives past that sign and smiles. Its probably something of a trophy for (likely) him.

Its been seen time and time again....serial killers who get away with it for that long, start taunting, or mocking police because they think they've outsmarted them and will never be caught. That sign is basically a mastubatory banner for the killer. Please pardon my language

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In addition, if this has been going on for DECADES and they've isolated it to one stretch of road....

Why in Gods name wouldnt they have young ex-military, or police women driving that stretch routinely undercover?

The most sinister part of this story for me is the lack of urgency at catching this serial killer, especially with todays technology.

This reminds me of that french serial killer/rapist who would abduct young women and sell them into sex slavery to the elite. When he was finally caught, the evidence against him went missing, and I believe either the chief prosecutor or judge was found dead apparently by "suicide".

Much to the dismay of the families of all the little girls. I believe there were riots in the streets. Look it up, its worth a read.
edit on 11-6-2012 by AlonzoTyper because: (no reason given)

French Serial Killer

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper
In addition, if this has been going on for DECADES and they've isolated it to one stretch of road....

Why in Gods name wouldnt they have young ex-military, or police women driving that stretch routinely undercover?

The most sinister part of this story for me is the lack of urgency at catching this serial killer, especially with todays technology.

This reminds me of that french serial killer/rapist who would abduct young women and sell them into sex slavery to the elite. When he was finally caught, the evidence against him went missing, and I believe either the chief prosecutor or judge was found dead apparently by "suicide".

Much to the dismay of the families of all the little girls. I believe there were riots in the streets. Look it up, its worth a read.

Well,Alonzo......

Could it be "someone" in law enforcement,doing the killings? I throw it out there,because it would fit,a plausible theory. Even an officer who travels that road,and would be inclined to pick up people,in distress. Most folks trust the Law,implicitly......

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Aliens do exist, But humans are more than capable of this on there own.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I've lived along there most of my life in a small city called Prince George near the Rockies.

Believe it or not, my ex girlfriend's father was a suspect when one of the victims was found near his house. I guess he beat up a sex-trade worker back in the 70s so he was one of their go-to guys.

The victims are mostly female hitchhikers, which leads me to believe the killer is a truck driver or someone who routinely drives this relatively quiet stretch of road.

edit on 11-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This has already been posted about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join