It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New York Times: These were not leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
article from Politico (2 page article)
By DYLAN BYERS | 6/7/12

The New York Times: These were not leaks

With more speculation about all those White House security leaks, it seems the New York Times managing editor Dean Baquet has said the "leaks were not "leaks" !!

The article has quotes that seem to raise suspicion about obvious over defensive "reactions".

He says

“I can’t believe anybody who says these are leaks,” he said. “Read those stories. They are so clearly the product of tons and tons of reporting.”
but since he made that choice statement, the Justice department has assigned two investigators to look into the matter

Caught in the crosshairs of a contentious dispute between the White House and Congress, The New York Times is vowing to charge ahead with its coverage of developments in U.S. national security - and denying that the paper is on the receiving end of silver-platter leaks from the Obama administration.

“These are some of the most significant developments in national security in a generation,” Times managing editor Dean Baquet told POLITICO on Thursday, referring to his paper’s recent reports on the Obama administration’s use of drone strikes and cyberattacks. “We’re going to keep doing these stories.”

Nonetheless, suggestions of wrongdoing extended to the Times itself on Wednesday, when Democratic Sen. John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, questioned whether the paper of record put American security at risk by publishing new revelations about drone strikes against Al Qaeda operatives and the Stuxnet cyberattacks on Iran’s nuclear facilities.

“I personally think there is a serious question whether or not that served our interest and whether the public had to know,” Kerry told reporters. “To me it was such a nitty-gritty fundamental national security issue. And I don’t see how the public interest is well served by it. I do see how other interests outside the United States are well served by it.”

They are over emphasizing. It's so obvious.

I think the NYT is working in kahootz with inside elements at the Obama Campaign

The "timing" is too "coincidental" (as usual)

Is the Obama Campaign behind the "Leaks" ?

here is a related Breitbart story

The first dealt with White House “Kill Lists,” while the second concerned America’s creation of the “stuxnet” virus that helped disable an Iranian nuclear plant from enriching uranium -- in which sensitive national security information was leaked in what Republicans have said were “some of the most serious breaches of national security in recent memory.”

Dean Baquet, the Managing Editor of the New York Times, told Politico “I can’t believe anybody who says these are leaks ... Read those stories. They are so clearly the product of tons and tons of reporting.”

Attorney General Eric Holder, unlike in the “Fast and the Furious” case, was pressured to assign two lawyers from the Department of Justice to investigate the matter.

But closer examinations of the stories in question -- and the White House’s actions -- point to the White House as the very source of these leaks. And, as White House critics have asserted, the Obama administration may have leaked the information to boost Obama’s image as a strong leader, playing up the national security card to give him cover for America’s slumping economy.

NYT Denies It Received White House Leaks Despite Evidence to Contrary

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Is the Obama Campaign behind the "Leaks" ?

Yes those leaks were all about a poll bounce just like Bin Laden was and just like everything else has been.

The left wants to tout Obama as being "tough of terrorism" so they leak national intel because they want Obama for another term.

Those leaks are an act of treason and should be dealt as.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Unforunately the two lawyers who are investigating "the leak" are reporting directly to Eric Holder! Can anyone say "The fox is guarding the henhouse"?

Like Eric Holder will EVER do what is required by the law and do what's right for America.......

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by xuenchen

Unforunately the two lawyers who are investigating "the leak" are reporting directly to Eric Holder! Can anyone say "The fox is guarding the henhouse"?

Like Eric Holder will EVER do what is required by the law and do what's right for America.......

I said the same thing on a different thread.

They need to get a "Special" Prosecutor.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
does it really matter where the leaks originated ??
if they are "true" rather false reports, then it appears (to me at least) that the stories were more than likely planted/leaked by those in the know (or more commonly, the administration).

regardless of their origin, it is more likely that this is a blatant attempt to regain consumer confidence, nothing more. afterall, what's the point of controlling media platforms that the consumers reject ??

when these stories first appeared, few (on ATS anyway) took them with a grain of salt or as absolute fact.
this lack of confidence is a reputation the MSM seeks to modify if they are to be effective as government pawns.

new topics

top topics

join