It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just handed Mitt Romney the White House:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So you think Romney has Wisconsin locked up???

You didn't ask me but I'll respond. According to Real Clear Politics, their electoral map still has Obama with a hefty lead over Romney in Wisconsin. At this time, I think Obama has it in his pocket.

I can make a map that says Mikey Mouse is leading. That doesnt meany anyone went and voted. Straw poles and the like can be manipulated to look any way you want them to. I will believe it when the average citizen walks into their poling locations and cast their votes. Until them I dont usually pay attention to all these "guesstimates" that come out early.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hate to say it but I doubt Romney will go for Obama's jugular in the debates.
He needs coaching fron Newt if he wants to make a powerful impression, especially since the moderators will be sure to throw softball questions to Obama.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It will still go to Obama bottom line he's still the better of two evils.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Hate to say it but I doubt Romney will go for Obama's jugular in the debates.
He needs coaching fron Newt if he wants to make a powerful impression, especially since the moderators will be sure to throw softball questions to Obama.

Romney needs somebody to get him saying the right things at the right times and they need to get the party in line behind him. When Romney says that the Wisconsin Walker recall vote means that people want less police, teachers and figher fighters he is of course completely off base and wrong but, you can not have Walker coming out and saying Romney is wrong it makes Romney look like his own party does not respect him.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Even if Romney was a freshman in college when he got a cop uniform from his daddy and pretended to be a cop with a light on his car and pulled people over....That is something an insecure twerp would pull and mindsets like that stick with you all your life. I wouldn't even want to hang out with a geek like that; much less vote for him for the highest office in the land.. Not even close to being fit for the presidency.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Ok...start with the Obama comparison and don't even address Mitts twerpyness.....

edit on 11-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Oh I so love this.. So your saying that it is ok to say that Obama was just being young and finding out who he was when he smoked dope and joined odd extremist groups and did all the crazy crap he did. But he grew up and is now a great adult with morals and virtue? But with Romney he couldn't have possibly matured and grown out of the stupid stuff he did? How many people here can honestly say they are the same person they were when they were younger? Its convenient to say that but I am not buying it. Everyone does some things they are not proud of when they are young, Or at the very least some things they certainly wouldn't do as an adult. Face it, we all grow up but pretending like Obama grew out of his stupidness but Romney didn't is just ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Oh I so love this.. So your saying that it is ok to say that Obama was just being young and finding out who he was when he smoked dope and joined odd extremist groups and did all the crazy crap he did. But he grew up and is now a great adult with morals and virtue? But with Romney he couldn't have possibly matured and grown out of the stupid stuff he did? How many people here can honestly say they are the same person they were when they were younger? Its convenient to say that but I am not buying it. Everyone does some things they are not proud of when they are young, Or at the very least some things they certainly wouldn't do as an adult. Face it, we all grow up but pretending like Obama grew out of his stupidness but Romney didn't is just ridiculous.

Don't put words in my mouth if you please!! I despise Obama! It's just that I despise him less than that GOP twerp.
Mitt is already on the road to becoming a parody of himself and fit for nothing but late nite humor fests and ridicule.
Not really a good start for the campaign eh?
edit on 11-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I didnt quote you but If were going to argue that people cant change then that goes both ways. You cant argue that Romney cant change while others are saying that Obama can. Either neither of them can change or both can. Thats all I am saying.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

That fact that we are finding out these little tidbits of early childhood pranks that Mitt Romney pulled in HS 50 years ago is really telling where the election road is going to take us this year.

It's just a shame that no one takes the time to vet Obama's own childhood or actually even read his own book in his own words written by a Marxist like himself! www.amazon.com...

MSM has only been able to dig up small little facets of crappy things Mitt Romney has ever done. While Obama...His whole life was immoral! Starting with the line, "Obama wasn't really a church person." Just go from there and it's one thing after another. The people he hung around, the ideas that he was thinking about, the racism, the politics etc....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Two problems there.. First, if they dig too deep they might find the truth and its obvious someone has gone to great lengths to hide their past. And second they will just say its kids being kids and the media will give Obama a pass as they usually do for the democratic candidate. Romney on the other hand will get raked over the coals for just about anything they can dig up. But that is nothing new.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The press could pretty much walk into the Oval Office and video Obama eating babies, and he'd STILL win this election over Romney.

Careful, Gazrok, or we'll soon see an ATS thread "Obama Filmed Eating Babies In The Oval Office!!!!!" ('
')
edit on 11-6-2012 by AboveBoard because: the lol looked funny...I mean it had the _javascript thingy in front of it...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I have to say that I don't care what Romney's plans are as president. He just looks like a liar. I'm not saying he is, but every time I see him talk, he just doesn't seem genuine. Maybe each statement is perfectly practiced to the point where he's loses the ability to look sincere. I dunno.

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

Yup. Every time Obama opens his mouth.

Let's not forget the Bilderberg have apparently grown tired of Obama and appear to have thrown their hat (and financial weight) towards Romney. As a Libertarian I am usually drawn to the more conservative candidate and while Romney doesn't "send shivers down my leg" I think 4 more of Obama is going to be really bad. He won't be worrying about getting re-elected (as he already told the Russians) and will spend us into bankruptcy. He doesn't respect the Supreme Court which means he doesn't really respect the constitution.

He's the first president to publicly have a "kill list" and he's already authorized the murder of an American citizen. Yes the guy was a Muslim radical but he was a propagandist, not a true terrorist. As an American, he was never arrested, charged, interrogated or apprehended. His rights were not protected. I don't disagree we are probably better off without him on this planet but maybe one day your views are deemed "too radical" and you fall on that list. You either respect and follow the law or you don't and Obama clearly has disdain for law. If he doesn't like it he goes around it. (Why do we have so many "czars" that he managed to get around the congressional vetting process?) Even Time magazine ran a story citing his contempt for dealing with congressional leaders (WHICH IS 85% OF THE JOB!!) Man I could go all night on this one.

Romney is no Reagan but since the elite won't dare let Ron Paul win, if you are middle class I'm telling you Romney is the lesser of the two evils. Even if you are poor. "Healthcare for everyone" was sold as FREE, nationalized healthcare when it's actually mandated that you BUY it or face fine or imprisonment. Hey, it's your vote so at least exercise one of the last remaining rights you have and do so in November. And as my Governor Martin O'Malley would say "vote early and often"!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123

I hardly think that if Romney was elected POTUS that he would bring a return to Clinton's days or Clinton's principals...

I dont imagine it would be too hard to find an intern to meet him in the Oval Office....

Honestly, I cant imagine there being an honest reason any successful person would want to run for President. Not now anyways.... I guess its the most exclusive club so as long as you're a member it doesnt matter if its on your watch when the whole damn house of cards comes crashing down.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

I have to say that I don't care what Romney's plans are as president. He just looks like a liar. I'm not saying he is, but every time I see him talk, he just doesn't seem genuine. Maybe each statement is perfectly practiced to the point where he's loses the ability to look sincere. I dunno.

Yup. Every time Obama opens his mouth.

Let's not forget the Bilderberg have apparently grown tired of Obama and appear to have thrown their hat (and financial weight) towards Romney. As a Libertarian I am usually drawn to the more conservative candidate and while Romney doesn't "send shivers down my leg" I think 4 more of Obama is going to be really bad. He won't be worrying about getting re-elected (as he already told the Russians) and will spend us into bankruptcy. He doesn't respect the Supreme Court which means he doesn't really respect the constitution.

He's the first president to publicly have a "kill list" and he's already authorized the murder of an American citizen. Yes the guy was a Muslim radical but he was a propagandist, not a true terrorist. As an American, he was never arrested, charged, interrogated or apprehended. His rights were not protected. I don't disagree we are probably better off without him on this planet but maybe one day your views are deemed "too radical" and you fall on that list. You either respect and follow the law or you don't and Obama clearly has disdain for law. If he doesn't like it he goes around it. (Why do we have so many "czars" that he managed to get around the congressional vetting process?) Even Time magazine ran a story citing his contempt for dealing with congressional leaders (WHICH IS 85% OF THE JOB!!) Man I could go all night on this one.

Romney is no Reagan but since the elite won't dare let Ron Paul win, if you are middle class I'm telling you Romney is the lesser of the two evils. Even if you are poor. "Healthcare for everyone" was sold as FREE, nationalized healthcare when it's actually mandated that you BUY it or face fine or imprisonment. Hey, it's your vote so at least exercise one of the last remaining rights you have and do so in November. And as my Governor Martin O'Malley would say "vote early and often"!!!!

LOL Mine was not a political statement. I remember a kid in my neighborhood (when I too was a kid) that looked and sounded like he was lying all the time. He could be munching on a bag of chips, I could see the bag of chips, and if he said he was eating chips, it would sound like a lie. lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Lord Jules

Bring it on, Romney will have no public support so this could be fun.

We’ll see…my bet is you’ll eat those words @ Sept-Oct!.

I laughed at you because what was stated went completely over your head.

The simple fact is it doesn't matter who you vote for anyway. The winner has been chosen already which is why he mentioned "Bilderberg" and the very fact you seem to believe the GOP winning somehow make you a winner is very funny. Romney is no different than Obama.

Here is what is happening, the establishment media (which is not liberal) has turned on Obama on the behest of their master. Obama was never meant to be a two-term president. He will lose and it will usher in a new harder right wing in the U.S. that will end most federal entitlements, wage a war on iran and continue insane defense spending.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Don't care for Romney either but maybe he can fix things. So Obama can stop whining about Bush being the cause of everything.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I would definately agree! My wife is more on the conservative side and even she said the same thing. Mit to me is a very strange man, and I just can't pin point it. I wished that Ron Paul wasn't such n isolationist, or that Obama wasn't such a back door deal deal maker. I just want someone normal damn it! Although, I think I will still vote for Obama due to his stance on education and a few other issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

I am not so sure about the bilderberg thing since I tend to be a skeptic about those types of things, but even taking that out, everything you said seems very plausible and I ain't no conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
For Mitt Romney, the president's remarks no doubt seemed like a gift, but they also presented him with a choice over how to approach this election. In the wake of the Scott Walker victory in Wisconsin, conservatives from Charles Krauthammer to Bill Kristol to Walker himself have called on Romney to make the campaign about more than Obama's economic record. They would like him to make his campaign an affirmative case for conservative policies. Obama's Great Private Sector Is Fine Declaration of June 2012 is likely to hurt their argument and encourage Romney to continue along his cautious path.

www.cbsnews.com...

This was a pretty bipartisan news article about how Obama just lost election. The only problem I had was with this statement:

If Mitt Romney decides to stay on the cautious path--giving speeches about free enterprise and keeping the focus on President Obama--it may win him the election. Then he'll just have to figure out what to do with a country that has not been prepared for the kind of sweeping changes he plans to make.

It seems CBS fails to realize that It was Obama who has made the sweeping changes that this country wasn't ready for. Romney wants to return it back to the Clinton days.

Wow, you are really jumping the gun here! Putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.

The republicans haven't even held a national convention yet, and there are still two people in the running, with many delegates still to be had. Although I would expect CBS, a mainstream media outlet, to look into their crystal balls and see so far into the future. It may even sway popular opinion and make it all come true. The power of suggestion is very strong when you believe in the MSM so blindly, as so many Americans do.

The reason that Clinton had it so well in office as a democrat was because at the time, we were in an economic boom. The modern internet and computer electronics industry was in its relative infancy and there was much to be prosperous about as a nation. If Romney really wants to return this country back to the 'Clinton days', then he seriously needs to get a clue and work on monetary policy and the federal reserve system, and reign in on wasteful big government spending instead of wanting to cut proposed increases. Something Ron Paul has been talking about for many years.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
More than likely Obama will get a second term.

Think about how things were in 2004 with Bush and he still got elected.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join