It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just handed Mitt Romney the White House:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Have you ever thought for a moment that the Obama campaign is allowing Romney to have a little momentum at this time???

Why?

Really, um. . . . . . why?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Voting in a person who believes the US needs an offensive military force as well as defense just seems a bit crazy to me.

For me Obama is the only choice as he has at least showed some restraint with the whole Iran situation. He wouldn't let Israel drag us into a war. I'm sure Romney would have been more than happy to help out our old buddy Israel with its problem. I have very little doubt that anyone but Obama will mean another war. Its getting kind of old so why not avoid it altogether?

Trust me, I believe Obama failed horribly on the economy. But I'll pay the extra few cents here and there to make sure we aren't blowing the crap out of other nations in the interest of national security.

Yes because being in bed with China and Russia is much better? How do you know what Romney would do? Or why Obama hasnt wanted to do something? Do we not have troops deployed all over the world right now already? What does it matter which country they happen to be standing in? You act like Obama hasnt gotten us into any more conflicts and he is a pacifist. And I hate to tell you but to people that are unemployed right now its not a few cents here and there as you say. Its a downward trend and when he doesnt have to worry about re election how much worse is it going to get? You need to open your eyes. Your right there is one clear choice but its not the guy in charge now.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Have you ever thought for a moment that the Obama campaign is allowing Romney to have a little momentum at this time???

No.

Because momentum usually cant be stopped.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

OK let's talk about the issues. Since 1983 he's started quite a few companies and saved the Olympics from going bankrupt. Good enough in my book!

Starting companies and 'saving' the Olympics - this qualifies him to be president?

Are issues are more important to you than the actual person who will be dealing with these issues?

A little cart before the horse - isn't it?

Its better than smoking dope, joining radical groups and not doing ANYTHING other than getting elected to congress. We see what having no experience gets us.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I look forward the new threads the next few years about Obama's birth certificate after Romney looses just like the last nobody republican that I bet even half of you cannot even remember the name of without goggling.

Romrey is so weak that Obama can screw up once a week and still take him to the cleaners.

Romwho is what you will be saying in a few years.
edit on 6/11/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

And you believe that because the media told you it was so.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well I guess you have never thought that might be a possibility.

How far away is the election?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Obama handed Romney the White house,with:

NDAA
Solyndra
Fast and Furious
Unemployment
More Debt
Failure to close Gitmo
Bigger Government
Polarizing America

And the list goes on and on.............

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No.

Really???

Did you not watch the Republican Primary???

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

No.

Really???

Did you not watch the Republican Primary???

Yes,I also watched Obama hand a Whole State to the Republican Party. He didn't once stop here in Wisconsin,to back his own side,and that spoke volumes on handing momentum to the Republicans.
If you believe that this isn't going to happen,across the rest of the United States,your sadly mistaken.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

These are the qualifications to become President:

The person must be a natural-born citizen of the United States and must have been a permanent resident of the United States of America for at least 14 years. Additionally, a candidate must not have served more than one previous term as president, not have been impeached by the Senate, and not have participated in a rebellion against the United States. Candidate must be at least 35 years of age.
en.wikipedia.org...

Obama is the only one who questionably meets those requirements

What...did he lie about his age? Wow - being president really takes it out of you doesn't it? In his early thirties - and the bloom is off the rose...

So, speaking of talking about issues - and not silly nonsense - you're not seriously going to put us through the whole citizen thing - again - are you? :-)

back to the OP:

This was a pretty bipartisan news article about how Obama just lost election.

You think this bipartisan piece is actually saying Obama has already lost? :-)

Will this election be a choice between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney or a referendum on Barack Obama's handing of the economy? President Obama would like it to be a choice, but he is stuck with the reality that it's likely to be a referendum. That is how he found himself in the position of saying what he did about the private sector--which is not without basis in fact.
www.cbsnews.com... emphasis mine - it leads you to this:

Obama Says the Private Sector is 'Doing Fine'—Is He Right?

As the graph shows, the growth of private-sector jobs is slower than anyone -- Obama, Mitt Romney, and certainly the millions of unemployed Americans -- would like. Voters will have a choice in November of who they think can accelerate that growth more. But the fact is that private-sector hiring has seen consistent, inexorable growth since the beginning of 2010 or so.
www.theatlantic.com...

It's going to take more than Obama, Romney or a magic wand to fix this mess

Gotta love politics though - especially when you want to believe

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So you think Romney has Wisconsin locked up???

And you think this is going to happen in every other State as well???

I love ATS political commentary...I really do.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It seems CBS fails to realize that It was Obama who has made the sweeping changes that this country wasn't ready for. Romney wants to return it back to the Clinton days.

The "Clinton days" were largely a result of Reaganomics that fostered a boom in new industries. The sweeping changes Obama has made have not impacted the economy yet, but they will, and it will be bad, and that will fall on the shoulders of the next president. The stuff Clinton did was soften the nation to put Bush in a post 9/11 hell, and the stuff Bush did was enact sweeping unconstitutional changes such as the Patriot Act, torture, and indefinite detainment, which set Obama up for all of his follies.

So, if Romney were to win the election (which he won't), but if he did, then he would be the fall-guy for all of Obama's stupid decisions, and then when businesses fail, and economy bottoms out, and the spirit of innovation and necessity kick back in, the next president can sit on his hands and do nothing and take credit for the natural recovery like Clinton did.

This big ol' USS America doesn't turn on a dime. It takes a minimum of 4 years and more realistically 6-12 years before the effects of new legislation are felt by the common man.

The stuff Obama is screwing up hasn't even started to pinch yet, we're still wearing the stuff Bush and Clinton screwed up.
edit on 11-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Obama Says the Private Sector is 'Doing Fine'—Is He Right?

As the graph shows, the growth of private-sector jobs is slower than anyone -- Obama, Mitt Romney, and certainly the millions of unemployed Americans -- would like. Voters will have a choice in November of who they think can accelerate that growth more. But the fact is that private-sector hiring has seen consistent, inexorable growth since the beginning of 2010 or so.
www.theatlantic.com...

So you think the private sector is doing fine, because Obama spent Trillions of dollars really slowly in 3.5 years.

WOW!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

These are the qualifications to become President:

NO. Those are the REQUIREMENTS to be president.
Qualifications are different.

Requirements - be 35 or older, American ...

Qualifications - understand the law, have executive experience, understand the military, understand international economics, etc etc

Requirements and qualifications are two different things.
Having qualifications usually includes education in a subject area AND experience.
Obama had no executive or economic experience prior to being POTUS.
AND IT SHOWS.

edit on 6/11/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Wisconsin is more in play now, but the numbers don't lie. Romney has some work to do there

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Obama leads by +4 even after Walker.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah and many people including me feel differently and want to give Romney a chance. If Obama was not qualified to run the country Romney is loads better!

Sure Romney may be Gordon Gecko, but I'd take someone who knows and understand economics over a Marxist any day!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You didn't ask me but I'll respond. According to Real Clear Politics, their electoral map still has Obama with a hefty lead over Romney in Wisconsin. At this time, I think Obama has it in his pocket.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You didn't ask me but I'll respond. According to Real Clear Politics, their electoral map still has Obama with a hefty lead over Romney in Wisconsin. At this time, I think Obama has it in his pocket.

I think so too.

A lot of the people being interviewed said they didn't necessarily approve of the Governor's politics, but they were appalled by the recall election and thought it was inappropriate, so they voted to keep him in.

I think there is still a majority of people there that will vote for Obama. Plus, there just aren't very many true Romney supporters. There is the support to get Obama out, but that doesn't equate to voting for Romney in all cases.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

*shrug*

I don't trust him. I don't trust Obama either but Romney seems like a whole nuther' level of "fake."

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123

I hardly think that if Romney was elected POTUS that he would bring a return to Clinton's days or Clinton's principals...

When have we ever left the Clinton days and principles? it is just amazing that people believe there is any significant difference in theses presidents when the same agenda just marches forward with a scorched earth policy in destroying freedoms...

Do you really believe the President has that much control over the economy? Folks it is the banking cartels who dictate the economic trends not the president. People apparently are fooled so easily by a new dress and different color lipstick when it is the same whore.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join