It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just handed Mitt Romney the White House:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Beezzer is correct and I would much rather eat rabbit than dog

edit on 11-6-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Voting in a person who believes the US needs an offensive military force as well as defense just seems a bit crazy to me.

For me Obama is the only choice as he has at least showed some restraint with the whole Iran situation. He wouldn't let Israel drag us into a war. I'm sure Romney would have been more than happy to help out our old buddy Israel with its problem. I have very little doubt that anyone but Obama will mean another war. Its getting kind of old so why not avoid it altogether?

Trust me, I believe Obama failed horribly on the economy. But I'll pay the extra few cents here and there to make sure we aren't blowing the crap out of other nations in the interest of national security.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
Beezzer is correct and I would much rather eat rabbit than dog

edit on 11-6-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by spinalremain

...Seriously why are you making such a big deal out of this. This has nothing to do with anything!!!!!

I couldn't disagree more

Should we talk about the issues - or should we talk about the men? Anyone can declare what they believe - and go on and on about how they're going to fix this and that. Seriously - people can say anything

People running for office can and do say anything to get elected. What they can actually accomplish once elected is a whole other thing :-)

Actions speak louder than words

If this is how he treats his own dog - why should we trust him with leadership of any kind?

You don't think this is a big deal - because it's just a dog
edit on 6/11/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

You call drone strikes and kill lists restraints!

Good luck with your no war fantasy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

OK let's talk about the issues. Since 1983 he's started quite a few companies and saved the Olympics from going bankrupt. Good enough in my book!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Good point!

Twenty years in a black liberation theology church
Friends with terrorists
Joined the New Party
No college transcripts
Sat as president during a credit downgrade
President over highest number of people on food stamps

Lets chat.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not to mention starting a cyber war when we cannot even control our own internet!!!!

www.digitaltrends.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beezer, hows it going?

Do you think Mitt Romney is all that different from Obama? If so, on what issues do you see him making different decisions? You seem to be heavily emotional on abortion and the economy, so I'm wondering what you think Romney would have done to avoid the downgrade.
Thx

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

Do you think Mitt Romney is all that different from Obama? If so, on what issues do you see him making different decisions? You seem to be heavily emotional on abortion and the economy, so I'm wondering what you think Romney would have done to avoid the downgrade.
Thx

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Good point!

Twenty years in a black liberation theology church
Friends with terrorists
Joined the New Party
No college transcripts
Sat as president during a credit downgrade
President over highest number of people on food stamps

Lets chat.

it may take me a minute to get myself together enough for a chat beezzer...still reeling from the fact you've replied :-)

golly - looking over your list...how did this guy ever even get himself elected?

things must have been so awfully bad before...

:-)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I think at the beginning of the primaries Romney said he would handle Iran with tactical airstrikes and no boots on the ground.

I'm not saying Obama is a saint. Trust me, I wouldn't vote for either if there were other options that had a chance of winning. I'm looking at it as the lesser of two evils.

Mitt Romney knows how to run a business. I'll give him that. Only problem I see is buying up little companies and taking what is useful and getting rid of the rest (jobs, decent benefits, etc.) I just don't think running a country like a business is going to make everything all better.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I think at the beginning of the primaries Romney said he would handle Iran with tactical airstrikes and no boots on the ground.

I'm not saying Obama is a saint. Trust me, I wouldn't vote for either if there were other options that had a chance of winning. I'm looking at it as the lesser of two evils.

Mitt Romney knows how to run a business. I'll give him that. Only problem I see is buying up little companies and taking what is useful and getting rid of the rest (jobs, decent benefits, etc.) I just don't think running a country like a business is going to make everything all better.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

OK let's talk about the issues. Since 1983 he's started quite a few companies and saved the Olympics from going bankrupt. Good enough in my book!

Starting companies and 'saving' the Olympics - this qualifies him to be president?

Are issues are more important to you than the actual person who will be dealing with these issues?

A little cart before the horse - isn't it?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I look forward the new threads the next few years about Obama's birth certificate after Romney looses just like the last nobody republican that I bet even half of you cannot even remember the name of without goggling.

Romrey is so weak that Obama can screw up once a week and still take him to the cleaners.

Romwho is what you will be saying in a few years.
edit on 6/11/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by beezzer

Thx

Howdy.

I think he is different. (though not my first choice)
Healthcare is the biggest difference.
Romney will get rid of it.
Immigration issues?
Romney wouldn't have the open door policy.
Romney would keep taxes low.
Allowing the economy to heal itself.

As for the downgrade? If we didn't SPEND so much, it wouldn't have been an issue. Keynesian economic approaches just don'twork for long term economic health.

You brought up abortion. It's anticipated that the next president will be able to pick at least 2 Supreme Court Justices.

Haveing someone leaning more conservative will (in my humle) be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Starting companies and 'saving' the Olympics - this qualifies him to be president?

IDK what you mean.

These are the qualifications to become President:

The person must be a natural-born citizen of the United States and must have been a permanent resident of the United States of America for at least 14 years. Additionally, a candidate must not have served more than one previous term as president, not have been impeached by the Senate, and not have participated in a rebellion against the United States. Candidate must be at least 35 years of age.

en.wikipedia.org...

Obama is the only one who questionably meets those requirements

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

what I can't believe is that we are having this stupid conversation on ATS!!!!!!!!!!!!...Thetow "parties" are two heads on the same beast.....either will destroy us....just depends on the approach.....but, to see ATS'rs fighting over which of THESE TWO will win??....and which OF THESE TWO is running the best campaign??.....geez....go write this crap on Huffington Post .....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by doryinaz
reply to post by Thunderheart

what I can't believe is that we are having this stupid conversation on ATS!!!!!!!!!!!!...Thetow "parties" are two heads on the same beast.....either will destroy us....just depends on the approach.....but, to see ATS'rs fighting over which of THESE TWO will win??....and which OF THESE TWO is running the best campaign??.....geez....go write this crap on Huffington Post .....

Puh-leeze!

Not this tired old saw again.

If you don't see a difference between liberal and conservative, then I feel sorry for your narrow world view.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Have you ever thought for a moment that the Obama campaign is allowing Romney to have a little momentum at this time???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join