It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just handed Mitt Romney the White House:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I hardly think that if Romney was elected POTUS that he would bring a return to Clinton's days or Clinton's principals...

Amen. Romney more likely to go back to high spending Reagan principles than balanced budget Clinton principles.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yes the same Bill Clinton who approved Republican Economic Policies. Try to get your facts straight before replying to something you don't understand

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by jiggerj

alex jones just played a compilation of about 30 Rmoney flip flops from Rmoneys own mouth
not necessarilly lies
but he is for the opposite of what he said yestersay about like I said
thirty times

And Obama has taken many different stances on the same issue

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
The hole in Mitts armor is that he is a Morman. I just don't think he will get out the evangelicals just because they hate Obama.

Recent polling gives Romney 77%support from white evangelicals.
www.npr.org...

He is also a rich elitist pretty boy that most NASCAR males think is some kind of sissy.

Maybe so, can you provide proof? Regardless NASCAR is a Republican sport, and will vote Romney over Obama any day of the week.

And his record in MA will be thrown up as to... how does he think he can run the country with that kind of record.

I'm from MA, Romney did an amazing job. Did you live there, do you know the actual numbers, the hostile 100% Democrat climate he had to work in, or do you just parrot what the interwebz says?

Not to mention the bullying of a smaller guy and cutting his hair off when Mitt was in college.

You mean High School. Seriously you have to go back to High School to find a fault with Romney. You don't think you have EVER done anything in your life that you look back on and say wow that was bad. If you can't you either forget what you did, or you are still young and immature. Seriously, High School?

He has lost a huge amount of the women vote claiming to be pro life.

Prove it, I think his wife will gain him a lot of women voters.

And a huge current voting block...Hispanics, hate his guts because of his voting against raising min. wage.

They usually vote democrat anyway due to entitlement and immigration issues.

It will be close but in the end....Obama... and that's also the book in Vegas even though wagers on Pres elections are outlawed.

I believe you are very wrong, you have zero anti-Romney points here. I have Bill Clinton saying Romney would make a good president. I have Democrats all across the country saying the OPPOSITE of what Obama is saying destroying his strategy.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So his weaknesses are;

1. He is a MormOn (Most of the country thinks Obama is a muslim)
2. He tied a dog to his car. (Obama ate his dog)

Okay, good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
So his weaknesses are;

And he liked to dress up like a cop

www.nationalmemo.com...

Good luck with that....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

So his weaknesses are;

And he liked to dress up like a cop

www.nationalmemo.com...

Good luck with that....

And Obama made it possible for you to be indefinitely detained without reason.
Pranks wearing a cop uniform when he was in high school and college, or complete destruction of your constitutional rights while the POTUS. Good luck with that.
edit on 11-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The press could pretty much walk into the Oval Office and video Obama eating babies, and he'd STILL win this election over Romney. He's simply that unlikable by the general public. He looks like a crook (because he is one). Don't get me wrong, I'm no Obama fan either, but against Romney, he's a sure thing.

To be honest though, whether 4 more years of Obama, or Romney somehow pulled it off, it will really make ZERO difference to you or me as far as what we'd see, as neither of these guys are interested in actually helping the nation. They just want to get theirs while the getting is good, and that's that.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
disagree 100%

if all romney does is talk about 2008, he will lose, guaranteed

he has many holes in his armor, he has many weaknesses, and obama will fully exploit them with his massive war chest

For those of us not as informed as you, an you please point out what Romney's weaknesses and holes in his armor are?
I think that Obama has plenty more holes and weaknesses and Romney has even a bigger war chest, but I could be wrong, like I said, I am not as knowledgeable as you.

Well this is Romney's problem, he is pretty much a Dem. He had to swing hard right to grab the primary nomination because the right does not trust him. However in the general election candidates have to swing to the center because that is where most of the country is. They can normaly do this secure that their base is solid and will look at the swing as simply politics. Romney however does not have a secure base. To try and secure the base he has ticked off women and hispanics two groups it is vital for him to at least split. Either way he moves he loses a group. His VP will try and bridge that divide but, either way he chooses he again scares away support. Romney also has a problem with Afganistan, he wants to stay and Obama wants to leave and public wants out ASAP. Another big problem for Romney is the economy is getting better and it is hard to attack something by saying it should be even better. Also the economys in the swing states are doing better than average. Right now Obama has a big advantage in the electoral college and Romeny has a very hard road to climb. Now its not just Romney who would have this problem it would be any Republican, that is why they kept the A players out of this one and will make a run at 2016.

What you just said is true of both candidates. They both end up pissing off different groups when they are on the campaign trail. This is a wash in my opinion and happens every election year. They both end up ticking off different segments at different times. And as far as the economy getting better? Where is that happening? No one in this country has seen it. The liberal news "says" it is but the numbers say it isnt. And we will or will not pull out of Afganistan when the time is right. It will not matter who is in the white house. It is a nice fluffy thing to campaign on just like Obama did when he was elected. Remember how he was going to bring all the troops home? Has it happened? Its juts a nice carrot to dangle in front of voters. I think there are enough people that got duped by Obama the first time around and all the independents and undecideds that went Obama's way last time are going to be finally looking for that "hope and change".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
Bring it on, Romney will have no public support so this could be fun.

Side note, the media's pro Romney stance is so transparent, all following Romney's appearance at Bilderberg. Romney's only supporter is the media and banksters.

Thats funny because he has a lot of support from anyone and everyone I know. I dont know too many people short of just the die hard party line voters that still support Obama.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Wonder what back room deal was made between Hillary and Obama just before the election.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Obama just handed Mitt Romney the White House

Doubt it. I think there are still enough people out there bamboozled into buying the 'yes we can' catch phrase, that Obama will be reelected without a problem. Real Clear Politics has him pretty far ahead with the polls in regards to electoral votes.

Originally posted by Danbones
Im thinkin they will scandalize Obama so there is NO choice but to vote for Rmoney

Obama does a pretty good job of looking stupid all on his own. So does Romney.
Both hand the other side a ton of fodder for negative campaigning.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan.

It's funny you say that. No Presidential candidate is perfect. They are all human. When you're President you are not going to be able to please everyone, with all of your decisions. After all, your elected to lead not to complain that you're social programs aren't working because of the last guy in office.

I guess it all boils down to one thing the economy! Do you want to be spent into oblivion or do you want a balanced budget or at least the path to return to a balanced budget. Mitt Romney has the chance to do that. With Obama you get 26 Trillion in debt in the next ten years (and that's very rough estimates if his budget passed, which it didn't)

I don't vote on social issues, so the choice for me is clear!

Mitt Romney is not a social conservative extremist. So I'm not sure why social programs are that important when both men are not running on those issues anyway.

edit on 11-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Anyone that would vote for a man that would tie a dog to the top of a car for a 12 hr ride has some real fundamental moral issues and this issue will "dog" him thru out his campaign. Sorry for the corny metaphor.

Absolutely. I know many make light of this - but it does show the man's character

Do you want someone that will do what's expedient - or someone who will do what's right?

It's the small things that are often the most telling

(not that this was a small thing)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Anyone that would vote for a man that would tie a dog to the top of a car for a 12 hr ride has some real fundamental moral issues and this issue will "dog" him thru out his campaign. Sorry for the corny metaphor.

edit on 10-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, Obama only ate them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by FlyersFan.

It's funny you say that. No Presidential candidate is perfect.

No they aren't perfect. But some are smarter than others.
Both Obama and Romney can point to each other and whine about the economy.
Under Obama - the US economy sucks. He owns it. He can't blame Bush anymore.
Under Romney - Massachussets didnt' do so well. He owns that. He can't blame anyone.

I happen to think Ron Pauls way of doing things would have been best. But that aside -
The democrats should have gone with Hillary Clinton.
The republicans should have gone with Jon Huntsman.
Both of them are far superior to what has been put forward as 'the best' from each party.

IMHO

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The real problem is the ptb's best is not the best for the voters
As we saw with all the fraud in regards to RP in the primaries, there is something not right with the selection process...
and I'll wager what we did see is just the tip of the iceberg

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

S&F

Romney DOES need to make this about Obama's economy!! Obama is a complete failure! Obama’s 2008 campaign (and ironically his 2012 campaign also) is all about blaming BUSH, so obviously this tactic works.

I think Obama has a bigger problem than what Romney says during this campaign…I think independent voters are going to send him back into obscurity for his failed leadership and business as usual first term.

I don't know if Romney can deliver like Scott Walker has but I sure as hell know Obama can't and won't!

edit on 10-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

the republican party is the complete failure, they care about getting elected, they don't give a damn about the people of america. the republicans costs the taxpayers billions in higher interest rates when they stalled on raising the debt ceiling last fall, this was on money already spent, that the republicans didn't want to pay back. the republicans wanted and almost voted for america to default just like lehman bros. did. they can't wait to make this country a right-wing corporation answering only to the wealthy. let's get the republican 5 yr.olds out of congress, so some work can get done on this economy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Unless Ron Paul can pull a rabbit out of hit hat it looks like the black hole that is the US debt is only set to grow even larger and further compound as the foxes now run the chicken shed. As for Obama, he is trying to put the breaks on this out of control monster that is on a killing spree throughout the world, Romney is indicating that he wants to put the foot to the floor and take on the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I realize the whole tying of the dog to the roof is considered a low blow and not a real issue to be spoken about, but I have to disagree. Any grown man who subjects any dog to a tortuous ride (let alone their own dog), shows just how much of an awful, selfish, sadistic person they are. Dogs are man's best friend. They're wonderful animals and if you own one and treat it that way, what does it say about how you will run the country?
-To me it says a lot. It tells me that the only person Mithers Van Willingham Romneykins cares about is himself. Sick people torture dogs.

Obama having eaten dog as a child is a silly comparison. He was given a dish as a kid in a country where it is custom. Hardly the same thing. Now if Obama had served up some bulldog at his Ayers barbecue, then yeah there's a major problem. I just think the incidents have to scrutinized within the scope of the accused intentions. Romney, as an adult, neglected his best friend & subjected him to a 12 hour hell ride. Obama was a child who ate what was given to him.

If a man will treat his own dog with contempt and neglect; how is he going to treat everyone else around him which don't mean anything to him? Obama has plenty of faults, but torturing helpless animals isn't one of them to my knowledge.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join