It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just handed Mitt Romney the White House:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For Mitt Romney, the president's remarks no doubt seemed like a gift, but they also presented him with a choice over how to approach this election. In the wake of the Scott Walker victory in Wisconsin, conservatives from Charles Krauthammer to Bill Kristol to Walker himself have called on Romney to make the campaign about more than Obama's economic record. They would like him to make his campaign an affirmative case for conservative policies. Obama's Great Private Sector Is Fine Declaration of June 2012 is likely to hurt their argument and encourage Romney to continue along his cautious path.

www.cbsnews.com...

This was a pretty bipartisan news article about how Obama just lost election. The only problem I had was with this statement:

If Mitt Romney decides to stay on the cautious path--giving speeches about free enterprise and keeping the focus on President Obama--it may win him the election. Then he'll just have to figure out what to do with a country that has not been prepared for the kind of sweeping changes he plans to make.

It seems CBS fails to realize that It was Obama who has made the sweeping changes that this country wasn't ready for. Romney wants to return it back to the Clinton days.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
For Mitt Romney, the president's remarks no doubt seemed like a gift, but they also presented him with a choice over how to approach this election. In the wake of the Scott Walker victory in Wisconsin, conservatives from Charles Krauthammer to Bill Kristol to Walker himself have called on Romney to make the campaign about more than Obama's economic record. They would like him to make his campaign an affirmative case for conservative policies. Obama's Great Private Sector Is Fine Declaration of June 2012 is likely to hurt their argument and encourage Romney to continue along his cautious path.

www.cbsnews.com...

This was a pretty bipartisan news article about how Obama just lost election. The only problem I had was with this statement:

If Mitt Romney decides to stay on the cautious path--giving speeches about free enterprise and keeping the focus on President Obama--it may win him the election. Then he'll just have to figure out what to do with a country that has not been prepared for the kind of sweeping changes he plans to make.

It seems CBS fails to realize that It was Obama who has made the sweeping changes that this country wasn't ready for. Romney wants to return it back to the Clinton days.

You forgot George W. Bush
2nd

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I hardly think that if Romney was elected POTUS that he would bring a return to Clinton's days or Clinton's principals...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
disagree 100%

if all romney does is talk about 2008, he will lose, guaranteed

he has many holes in his armor, he has many weaknesses, and obama will fully exploit them with his massive war chest

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
disagree 100%

he has many holes in his armor, he has many weaknesses, and obama will fully exploit them with his massive war chest

For those of us not as informed as you, an you please point out what Romney's weaknesses and holes in his armor are?
I think that Obama has plenty more holes and weaknesses and Romney has even a bigger war chest, but I could be wrong, like I said, I am not as knowledgeable as you.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
disagree 100%

For those of us not as informed as you, an you please point out what Romney's weaknesses and holes in his armor are?
I think that Obama has plenty more holes and weaknesses and Romney has even a bigger war chest, but I could be wrong, like I said, I am not as knowledgeable as you.

Well this is Romney's problem, he is pretty much a Dem. He had to swing hard right to grab the primary nomination because the right does not trust him. However in the general election candidates have to swing to the center because that is where most of the country is. They can normaly do this secure that their base is solid and will look at the swing as simply politics. Romney however does not have a secure base. To try and secure the base he has ticked off women and hispanics two groups it is vital for him to at least split. Either way he moves he loses a group. His VP will try and bridge that divide but, either way he chooses he again scares away support. Romney also has a problem with Afganistan, he wants to stay and Obama wants to leave and public wants out ASAP. Another big problem for Romney is the economy is getting better and it is hard to attack something by saying it should be even better. Also the economys in the swing states are doing better than average. Right now Obama has a big advantage in the electoral college and Romeny has a very hard road to climb. Now its not just Romney who would have this problem it would be any Republican, that is why they kept the A players out of this one and will make a run at 2016.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

S&F

Romney DOES need to make this about Obama's economy!! Obama is a complete failure! Obama’s 2008 campaign (and ironically his 2012 campaign also) is all about blaming BUSH, so obviously this tactic works.

I think Obama has a bigger problem than what Romney says during this campaign…I think independent voters are going to send him back into obscurity for his failed leadership and business as usual first term.

I don't know if Romney can deliver like Scott Walker has but I sure as hell know Obama can't and won't!

edit on 10-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Romney however does not have a secure base.

Neither does Obama!
He's pissed off the left and the center! Romney is already taking independent (swing) votes from Obama. When the race REALLY heats up, Romney will enjoy the support of many conservatives as well. He just secured the nomination!! Give him a minute!

Once we get down to the real vote (5 LONG months from now) I think you’ll see a completely different situation. This race will become ABO (Anybody But Obama)!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Im thinkin they will scandalize Obama so there is NO choice but to vote for Rmoney
some threads here ndicate some pretty big scandals are breaking re health care, security leaks, constitutional violations etc

Rmoneys faults will be hidden compared to what can be exposed about Obama

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Rmoneys faults will be hidden compared to what can be exposed about Obama

Of course they will…because he hasn’t held the presidency and ruined the country…he has no record yet.

Look, even Obama knows this election is going to be about his abysmal record; he said so years ago!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Bring it on, Romney will have no public support so this could be fun.

Side note, the media's pro Romney stance is so transparent, all following Romney's appearance at Bilderberg. Romney's only supporter is the media and banksters.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

Bring it on, Romney will have no public support so this could be fun.

We’ll see…my bet is you’ll eat those words @ Sept-Oct!.

Just TALKING about fiscal conservatism will be enough to win Romney the election! Otherwise we have nothing to look forward to besides 4 more years of debt and spending!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The hole in Mitts armor is that he is a Morman. I just don't think he will get out the evangelicals just because they hate Obama. He is also a rich elitist pretty boy that most NASCAR males think is some kind of sissy.
And his record in MA will be thrown up as to... how does he think he can run the country with that kind of record.
Not to mention the bullying of a smaller guy and cutting his hair off when Mitt was in college. Mothers even conservative mothers absolutely hate a bully. He has lost a huge amount of the women vote claiming to be pro life.
And a huge current voting block...Hispanics, hate his guts because of his voting against raising min. wage.

It will be close but in the end....Obama... and that's also the book in Vegas even though wagers on Pres elections are outlawed.

edit on 10-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nah, Romney won't win. If anybody's gonna ruin this country, TPTB will make sure it's a black man!

JK!! Maybe, hell idk.

Obama will have Romney's head spinning. I can't wait to see these debates so I can lmao.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

sure
fiscal conservatism AND a little soros owns the company that counts the votes in spain election fraud

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Well this is Romney's problem, he is pretty much a Dem. He had to swing hard right to grab the primary nomination because the right does not trust him. However in the general election candidates have to swing to the center because that is where most of the country is.

Actually I think you're wrong here. Romney is actually a very down to earth person. He's a Mormon and mormon's are generally not pushy or as evangelical as some Christians are. That's probably why evangelicals hate him. He's not AS religious as they are! But that doesn't mean he's not a conservative republican. That may hurt him sure. I think Romney is already in the center. You already see Democrats saying no way they'd vote Romney, but they are highly disappointed in Obama's social policies. You see, Social Conservative Republicans saying no way they'd vote for Romney he's a wall street spender!

Once you see Obamacare get struck down by the SCOTUS all hell will break loose!
edit on 10-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Let me see if I understand you correctly....

Mitt Romney, the "Republican, Conservative, Candidate" wants to return the US back to the days of Bill Clinton- the Liberal, Democratic President.

Gee that makes perfect sense
Obviously Mitt is a real Conservative

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I have to say that I don't care what Romney's plans are as president. He just looks like a liar. I'm not saying he is, but every time I see him talk, he just doesn't seem genuine. Maybe each statement is perfectly practiced to the point where he's loses the ability to look sincere. I dunno.

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

alex jones just played a compilation of about 30 Rmoney flip flops from Rmoneys own mouth
not necessarilly lies
but he is for the opposite of what he said yestersay about like I said
thirty times

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Anyone that would vote for a man that would tie a dog to the top of a car for a 12 hr ride has some real fundamental moral issues and this issue will "dog" him thru out his campaign. Sorry for the corny metaphor.

edit on 10-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join