It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Saving Duct Tape In Your BOB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you are like me, you are always looking for space saving ideas. Some are for your BOB, or maybe for your BOA, cabin, retreat, BOV…etc. Here is a pretty easy one that works great as I have demonstrated. Every Prepper worth their sand, has Duct Tape in their cache. The big cardboard tube in the center of the roll is wasted space for a Prepper. Therefore, you can unwind it from the roll and rewind it on something flat (my example is an old debit card), or something with a smaller diameter (like a cut section of a dowel rod). As you can see from the picture, I have taken 10 yards of duct tape, and reduced the actual packing size significantly.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
but doesn't the dust particles in the air get trapped when your putting it on the card? Making it less adhesive when you go and use it ?

Its a good idea but i don't think it saves that much space to warrent doing that lol. a roll of duct tape looks like hope to me
a card with duct tape looks like i'm bottom of the barrel

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Or you could just buy the Flat Pack Duck Tape. Or just remove the core from a roll and smash it flat

Making a flat pack
edit on 6/10/2012 by fixer1967 because: to add link

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Message to the powers that be:

If your gonna nuke big cities, nuke them twice. We dont want a bunch of desperate wanna be survivalists and wanderers encroaching on others land begging or stealing.

Nukem twice.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Haha, my father used that trick for swiping duct tape from the job site... the old rogue. It's also a handy use for your useless credit cards after shtf.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hi,

Thanks for the idea.

You could also put your roll of Duct Tape around something cylindrical, like a water container or something while it's in your bag. I say this because my roll fits exactly around the container i'm using at the moment.

As Fixer1967 also said, you can buy or make yourself a Flat Pack.

Making a Duct Tape Flat Pack

Cheers~

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

If your gonna nuke big cities, nuke them twice. We dont want a bunch of desperate wanna be survivalists and wanderers encroaching on others land begging or stealing.

Nukem twice.

What the frack is this?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Nukem twice.

What the frack is this?

Someone didn't get enough hugs as a child and want to make others miserable too...lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5pooky
The big cardboard tube in the center of the roll is wasted space for a Prepper. Therefore, you can unwind it from the roll and rewind it on something flat (my example is an old debit card), or something with a smaller diameter (like a cut section of a dowel rod).

If you have no raw materials, like dowel rod,or ideed cash with which to purchase them, or timber yards from which to pinch them, may I suggest the following? Walk into your local general store. Ask the cashier or manager, if they have any spent till roll tubes. Take a file and key the surface of the till roll tube ( they are usually quite shiny, so they need to be abraded in order to be tactile enough for the tape to grasp)These are typically of plastic construction, and have a diameter less than 22mm. Winding the tape off its original tube, and onto a much smaller diameter one, will save an awful lot of space, and yet be easier to apply than it would if you wound it onto or into a flatter shape.
edit on 11-6-2012 by TrueBrit because: Accidental picture replication

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Years back I started a habit of using a "clipper"lighter as my duct tape spool.

You can wrap loads of gaffer tape round it,as an emergency supply,and still use it as a lighter.
Its a habit that has proved useful more than once.

A handy thing to chuck in your bag/car.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Or you could just buy the Flat Pack Duck Tape. Or just remove the core from a roll and smash it flat

Making a flat pack
edit on 6/10/2012 by fixer1967 because: to add link

That's what I usually do, remove the core and smash it flat. Works great!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wrapping it around a pen works great. Then you have a pen too.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Wrapping it around a pen works great. Then you have a pen too.

Good Thought. I Likey!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Why not just fill the void in the roll with something else in ya BOB, like a can of beer or whatever.. Ya will still save the same amount of space.. The art is in the packing me thinks..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra
reply to post by 5pooky

Why not just fill the void in the roll with something else in ya BOB, like a can of beer or whatever.. Ya will still save the same amount of space.. The art is in the packing me thinks..

Or better yet.. WD40!!! Then you have a full toolbox right there!!! If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape, if it doesn't move and should, use the WD40. I've never checked, but I would hazard to guess that it would be a perfect fit!! ....There's just something about it that puts the "uni" in the Universe

top topics

join