It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Experiment: Subliminal programming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do not watch or get my news by watching MSM. Here is why. I started an experiment using my own mind as a guinea pig. I sat and watched two hours of news programming each night before bedding down. Each night I had dreams that were unusually active. They were of a perverse sexual nature and I would find myself waking each morning feeling as is I was dirty and in need of help. The second week I didnt not watch any news and would go to bed with no media at all. By the end of the second week, sleep was normal with nothing unusual occurring. The third week I read my news and scanned the headlines for two hours each night before bed. While sleeping nothing unusual occurred. The forth week I watched the MSM for two hours again each night and again dreams of a sexual nature occurred. The same feelings upon waking were observed.... dirty and wrong and in need of help. Im not sure why I have the feelings as there is nothing mentioned during the news casts involving anything of a sexual nature. The conclusion I have come to is that we are being programmed through the media to become more accepting of things that have been looked down upon in the past. Im not a religious person but I am spiritual. Im left wondering.... why and what are the goals of this if any... any ideas?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolongerblind
I do not watch or get my news by watching MSM. Here is why. I started an experiment using my own mind as a guinea pig. I sat and watched two hours of news programming each night before bedding down. Each night I had dreams that were unusually active. They were of a perverse sexual nature and I would find myself waking each morning feeling as is I was dirty and in need of help. The second week I didnt not watch any news and would go to bed with no media at all. By the end of the second week, sleep was normal with nothing unusual occurring. The third week I read my news and scanned the headlines for two hours each night before bed. While sleeping nothing unusual occurred. The forth week I watched the MSM for two hours again each night and again dreams of a sexual nature occurred. The same feelings upon waking were observed.... dirty and wrong and in need of help. Im not sure why I have the feelings as there is nothing mentioned during the news casts involving anything of a sexual nature. The conclusion I have come to is that we are being programmed through the media to become more accepting of things that have been looked down upon in the past. Im not a religious person but I am spiritual. Im left wondering.... why and what are the goals of this if any... any ideas?

Share the channel
I cant even have naughty dream when I try, let alone watching the news which consists of death

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nolongerblind

I will not comment until you elaborate on those sexual dreams. Be specific now.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
1. Are you a guy?
If so, most guys are sight driven. It's how hormones affect your mind. If not, just because you are a chick does not mean that you cannot be influenced by what you see.

2. Were there women reporters who looked half-way decent?
If so, you had your sight driven mind stimulated by fairly attractive people.

3. Did you see any violence, sexual or not on the news?
If so, you had your sight driven mind stimulated by visual cues of violence.

There does not need to be ANY subliminal programming when our minds are so easily triggered.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I went into the ATS - archives and found this thread....I hope it helps. Personally I do think there is subliminal programming going on.

Thread title is : "Mind Control With Silent Sounds and Super Computers"

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am a man. None of the MsM that I watched had anything of sexual nature that I can recall. Typical news stories.... economy, business, crime, political stories .... None of the reporters or news anchors stood out to me attractive...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ive done other sleep / dream studies on myself with binary beats and music and taped guided sessions ... nothing had ever done this to me. I never felt wrong upon awakening. Even though my dreams in this last study were of normal sex acts, nothing criminal, though perverse, i never felt like i was sad or dirty, like i have been doing something wrong

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

As with the OP, your link to the other article on S-quad is very very interesting, thanks for including that!.

Perhaps there is something in the tv news cast and perhaps tv in general that is pushing out some emotional response messages.

To the OP, have you tried with 2 hours of programs of a different nature other than the news? And if you have, does it still have the same effect? Good for you to do this as an experiment, I am interested in hearing more! (I don't have a tv, opted out of tv-land several years ago, so can't do this experiment myself)

Would like to give you a flag but I only know how to give a star. I tried clicking on the word 'flag' but it did nothing.
edit on 10-6-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I have done this with other programming as well. Religious channels, kids channels, and late night talk shows. Nothing has ever caused a recurring dream set or distinct emotion.... I have been doing this for most of the year and finally of all things, the news gets a response.....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

How are your investigations going? Any further forward as to just exactly what is going on with the news programming?
Sry for late reply but only just found where to find 'responses to posts'!!...... I know, total noob!!! lol

top topics

join