It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bump in the night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Late last night between 12:50 and 1:06am we were sitting by the computer watching some videos with our oldest son. Our two other kids were laying in their rooms going to sleep. All of a sudden there was an ear deafening boom and the floor under us at the computer felt like it rose and dropped for a split second. Our two youngest come running, one didn't feel anything but heard it, the other one was in the top bunk and he said it felt like the bed shook. He also said he thinks the windows and his tv shook too (he's 7).

We ran outside but nothing seemed out of place. No dogs were barking, no neighbor movement. We have a basement so we checked it really well to make sure everything looked normal, it was fine. We checked for earthquakes in our area, around Winston Salem, NC, nothing on the maps. We asked people on FB if they heard anything, nobody did. It seems that we were the only ones that heard it.

We have NO clue what could have caused the loud boom then moving. We've tried thinking of everything possible, even paranormal. Our only problem believing it would be paranormal is we've lived here for almost four years and have never experienced anything out of the ordinary. But this was CREEPY, it MOVED the floor under us!

Any ideas of what it might have been?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No idea, but I live about forty five minutes from WS and we didn't notice anything.

Was it just that one section of your house?

Flag for attention.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
pretty weird.. maybe there was a small thunderstorm, i have felt the house shake after a thunder clap. or possibly something structurally happend with the foundation of your house. other then that i have no idea

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We get those booms that shake our house all the time, but ours is caused by gas tanks exploding when the go through a car crusher that is near us. So, I don't know what could have caused yours unless it was a shift in the earth's crust, or some timeline shift where you are. I saw that you checked for earthquakes, but if it isn't on a large scale, they won't post it. Very strange things are happening all over the world right now ( it is 2012, you know ), so maybe this is just one more strange thing to add to the list
S&F for you! I'll be watching to see if you figure this one out. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There is a small chance that it could just be heat lightning. A well grounded and protected house can take a strike or two without showing any signs of the hit.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The radar didn't show any storms/rain, it was partly cloudy, we don't think it was storm related but heat lightening is one thing we didn't think of.

There was a faint smell of an old burned trash pile in the distance but no smoke or fire that we could see. We listened to the fire department and sheriff's scanners but no calls ever came through.

We felt it in our computer area plus the kids felt it in each of their bedrooms, all on the same side of the house.

edit on 6/10/2012 by itsallamile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I also know that about a 4th a cup of gasoline spilled on a fire can rattle windows from more than 100 ft hose can stretch.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

But they had to do it under me the way it felt.lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This thread already exists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have valid posts; I in no way mean to take that from you. I am simply aiming for a sort of coalescence between like-minded forums. Makes it easier for those of us who just want answers.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

Actually, no! This thread does not already exist...the previous thread (that you bumped after this one was created) asks generally about "Things that go bump in the night" The OP of this thread has a very specific event they are describing and searching for answers for.

To the OP, no idea what caused that...I would say that it was a physical event though when everyone in the house heard/felt it. perhaps methane underground? There are many instances of this all over the world and apparently it can cause quite an explosion.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malfeitor
This thread already exists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have valid posts; I in no way mean to take that from you. I am simply aiming for a sort of coalescence between like-minded forums. Makes it easier for those of us who just want answers.

We didn't realize we used almost an identical title, but Destination Now is correct, this one doesn't have anything to do with that one.

We did talk with our elderly neighbor, he recalls waking up in the middle of the night around that time but he doesn't know why. None of our other neighbors recall hearing or feeling anything. A friend of ours who lives maybe 10 minutes away said that we've been having really small earthquakes here lately, I'm not sure how he knows that but at this point that's the only realistic idea that makes sense.

Thanks for everyone's input.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I had something similar happen when I was young. It was the first time my parents left me home alone. They made me promise to lock all the doors and windows and everything even though we lived in a safe neighborhood. I was sitting in the living room watching tv and all of the sudden I heard an explosion. Not just an ordinary firecracker type sound either. It came from our attached garage. I ran out there fully expecting the garage to be gone and nothing left but splinters but everything was fine.

I told my parents when they got home but they didn't believe me. They even asked our neighbors the next day but no one heard anything. It sounded like dynamite going off. I even smelled sulfur. No possible way anyone could have tossed anything in there either. That place was locked up like fort knox. My cat heard it too and was freaked out so it wasn't just me. It wasn't my first paranormal experience and yes I do beleieve it was paranormal

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

we've been having really small earthquakes here lately, I'm not sure how he knows that but at this point that's the only realistic idea that makes sense
reply to post by itsallamile

I was in south Jersey when that earthquake hit Virginia last summer, the whole house was shaking and the was a low rumbling noise but it definatly didnt sound like a explosion. maybe differant earthquakes make differant sounds, idk..

Maybe it was a small explosion somewhere near you, alot of people are sleeping at the time you said it happend and they could have slept through it...In Iraq ive slept right through mortars and rockets hitting 50-100 meters away.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. We're going to assume earthquake or possible explosion, although if it was an explosion our neighbors should know about it, they're volunteer firefighters.

While we're not ruling out anything paranormal, we're going to really hope it wasn't. Whew, if that was a paranormal bump and boom, they can have the house, we don't want it, LOL

top topics

join