It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As responce to your question i can only give my experience, I didnt BELIEVE aliens existed at one point, then i had sighting, I believed in the moment then i didnt, Then another sighting, and i believed agian, then i didnt,
Then over a 40 year period i had spiritual contacts face to face with ET's. As they happened i believed, in the morning just a bad dream. Over many Spiritual contacts, i believed in the moment as they happened then upon awakening i didnt.
I then had a contact with a physical UFO where other peopel saw the craft, then had Spiritual contact with my sister she confirmed it for me for what i was experiencing, i still didnt believe it made no sence that why little hick nobody me would have ETs come and terrorize me in the night, they gotta have better things to do.
Then one night i said to myself i wish i could see a UFO, i went outside and there it was, next question was how where they to no i made that wish. I accepted the fact that the events happened but i didnt no how, something else was going on. I had more spiritual contacts and physical craft sightings. At this point i believed and tried to tell people, family, and saw in responce i was on my way to the looney bin, i relized people for what ever reason just didnt want to hear it so i kept it to myself period, i relized my experiences were for me period.
Then during another spiritual contact i stoppped crying whinning freaking out and analyzed what was going on, the ET was talking to my soul in my heart, and my heart was responding back independent of my brain, That was huge, i finally had my answer to how where they to no i made my wish, rite under my nose they were in contact with my soul the whole time my whole life, my ego me walking around in ablivion trying to understand.
Now i dont believe, i no it, and with that the whole paradym in me of others beleiveing me changed, The word believe to me is, or was my aknowledgment of self doubt, now i own it, Period. i realized now people believe in there religion, politics, science, on and on, and me trying to prove it to them or even bringing the subject up to them is my own stupidity in trying to change there beleif system, i wanted everyone to experience what i experienced and you cannot, As good as i no it is for life on Earth, it has to come to them on there own path good or bad life after life, and i realized, why bother beating a dead horse.
So when people ask me do you believe in ETs i say no i no they exist and ill respond further or not depending on how the person is open to it, if they can deal with it.
To me its all a power struggle, Try convicing a religious priest its real in front of others, youll be killed or arrested long before you can get to the door, why, your taking his power, his leverage over his zombies, Knowledge is power share it and your done for because you taking whatever power, from someone else agenda, so basterdize the one who's taking your power or get ride of the problem. Also its ego belief systems when someone thinks he's got it all figured out try to change it, you never will, only he can break his own box in his head, which happened to me with everything in my life from school to world politics its all power struggle and those who want there way have all the cards, touch it with knowledge and you get ridiculed or dead. So i realized if there not open to it the hell with them they want to go to the mall, if they are open to it, lets go explore. no more ridicule. change comes slow, i keep pumping mine out so with others, the hot heads read it see the video that matches there experience and they change i see it all the time.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

OK, not on drugs. You sure are mad as a box of frogs then.

My blind faith, what? Do you mean to see it as totally believable that our understanding of ourselves, our environment and our application of technology is ever shifting, and the future, if we have a long enough one, will yield even more "impossibilities" - then yes.

"the laws of space travel". These "laws" are based on our current understanding. And the best bits are under wraps

Where did I even mention being a UFO believer or alien believer? The thing is, I have seen a UFO. It was an object that was flying and unidentifiable to anyone that saw it.

I said that the possibility of the existence of aliens is something to consider, something that having a closed mind probably stops you from doing, but hey, we are the be all and end all aren't we, so no need to bother.

Go back to not speculating.

edit on 12-6-2012 by barmyfluid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by barmyfluid

OK, not on drugs. You sure are mad as a box of frogs then.

My blind faith, what? Do you mean to see it as totally believable that our understanding of ourselves, our environment and our application of technology is ever shifting, and the future, if we have a long enough one, will yield even more "impossibilities" - then yes.

"the laws of space travel". These "laws" are based on our current understanding. And the best bits are under wraps

Where did I even mention being a UFO believer or alien believer? The thing is, I have seen a UFO. It was an object that was flying and unidentifiable to anyone that saw it.

I said that the possibility of the existence of aliens is something to consider, something that having a closed mind probably stops you from doing, but hey, we are the be all and end all aren't we, so no need to bother.

Go back to not speculating.

edit on 12-6-2012 by barmyfluid because: (no reason given)

I am mad? at whom? I rather do the drug part than be mad.

"Ever shifting"??

There's no shifting buddy. Only recycling. The problem with you and the rest of the UFOers is: you don't realize modern technology is regurgitating ideas just slightly different so your sheeple descendants blindly assume MAN's tech-know how is moving forward. Its obvious you haven't left the circus.

The laws of space travel are pretty simple. Don't see why ,its hard for you to accept them. And mind you they don't freakin change with time nor distance. Meaning they are same for Every freakin Being.

Space is Space, here, or 50 million light years away. Its doesn't get easier in one corner and stays "impossible " in the rest.

Talking about being hopeless romantic.

That's what all you UFOers typically are: delusional romantics.

And your UFO that you apparently saw was a UFO to ignorant (and that includes myself) 'ol YOU. Why? Cause you didn't design/construct the freaking flying object. All UFO's are made on earth by man. Whether its a prank or military craft , its freakin made here by us. Which is my point I have been trying to make and you purposely continue to ignore your given right of having LOGIC.

Who cares about the existence of aliens. You are just hoping ,just throwing it out there to see if one day in your very short pathetic life you mite see it come true. Did I mention you are hopelessly romantic . ? Yep

I will always be "not speculating" . Laugh all you want, that's all you do to mask your insecurities.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Post by dilly1 Errrr I mean GiodanoBruno
If people really knew about hostile space they would not ever associate UFO's with aliens.

You can change your screen name but not your style eh dilly
, hostile space indeed .

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

After many years of contemplating this very fact I have come to the conclusion that those people who do this only do so because they 'cannot cope with the possibility of it being real in some way'. Most human beings are predictable, and like predictability. The thought of UFOs being real is just too much for them to deal with, hence they dismiss it out of all likelihood for the sake of their sanity.

@simonsharman

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Post by dilly1 Errrr I mean GiodanoBruno
If people really knew about hostile space they would not ever associate UFO's with aliens.

You can change your screen name but not your style eh dilly
, hostile space indeed .

you SOB

Did you miss me ? Parole was a bitch.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

Maybe because so many 'believers' don't even understand the terminology. And I'm afraid that includes you OP.
UFO simply stands for UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT. It doesn't have to be extra terrestrial. It could be anything from my neighbours knickers flying through the air after being blown off the line to ET paying us a visit.
So some people either don't understand what UFO means or they refuse to believe that an unidentified object could have a pedestrian, earthly origin. Which is just as silly as the opposite - stating that aliens can't possibly exist!
Plus unfortunately, credibility is further undermined by the rash of reports we get with predictable frequency around midnight each new year with quite obvious shots of celebratory chinese lanterns.
And the usual hoaxers of course.
edit on 12-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Its one of the many faults of our civilization that some beliefs are acceptable and others are not. Especially when some beliefs rooted in hate are professed by a majority of the population.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StupidShouldHurt
Because self described "ufo believers" always make the illogical leap from unidentified flying object, to alien spacecraft.

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson sums it up better than I ever could.

He really thinks a lot of himself for a guy who just teaches at "City."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN
Theres a lot of people who never even watch a documentary shows on the UFO/ET mysteries.

Yet live their life in a day dream with the stupid Kardasion tv show and more worried about un-lady Gaga or dizzy Lohan.
They can be equally silly.

Originally posted by MollyMN Kinda sick when tv comes to this,so many good documentaries out there for even the non-ufo people. Especially on space and our planet,history,etc.
Like which ones, can you site some examples?

Originally posted by MollyMNI dont have cable and my converter box is useless,so I rent a movie sometimes.
Youtube documentaries,,I do love old classic tv shows,twilight zones and stuff.
You have internet, but no TV. I would talk to my ISP if I was you and get a bundle package that includes TV for just a few bucks more.

Originally posted by MollyMNTheres alot of people who dont even give a 2nd thought on the stars they see at night.
answers.yahoo.com... Well, people have more pressing business on Earth like paying bills.

Originally posted by MollyMNSome do make the jump more(beleive) in ghosts and haunting more I think.
www.freestockphotos.biz... You know a cartoon series on the Toon Network would work where the premise was about a ghost alien. In fact that would make a great title for it "Ghost Alien." I'll have to create a pilot.

Originally posted by MollyMNAlot of people just dont care and live in a shell so to speak.
In a way nothing wrong with that,thats them.
Ummm you don't have TV.

Originally posted by MollyMNI can create life,,I do it with my garden I have and made.
I also know I am part of a garden somewhat..
You don't sound like you live in a shell so to speak, of course not.

Originally posted by MollyMNIf the WWW last for another hundred yeras,,others will be reading these threads maybe?
The World Wide Web may, but there is this thing called the bite pile, and the land of junked servers.

Originally posted by MollyMNIf seas and rivers were on mars,just in our micro dust of our solar sytem(10 to the power of ?)compared to the galaxies out out there,,how could there not be life out there.(other moons here also)?
Odds are there is, but we can't detect any "life out there" because we don't have any of the instrumentation developed as of yet to do so. Real bummer huh?

Originally posted by MollyMNIf we don't destroy ourselves and make better peace among mankind,just imagine in another 50-60 years.
We could make a big jump,,where in our soular system we will be the UFO's.

Originally posted by MollyMNBut I also think there are ET's/UFO's here to..
Based on what, wishful thinking?

Originally posted by MollyMNI don't know where to go on this much farther.

S&F

M
What's S&F?
edit on 12-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Care to share? send me a P2P message if you like.
Always willing to learn

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Come on man not all UFO's are man made, what about asteroids their has been a few of them that were unidentified until after debate experts decide it's what they identified it to be. Westerners first sightings of flying fish? I bet they didn't say what on Earth is that flying it must be a fish, still technically a UFO until identified is it not?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

Come on man not all UFO's are man made, what about asteroids their has been a few of them that were unidentified until after debate experts decide it's what they identified it to be. Westerners first sightings of flying fish? I bet they didn't say what on Earth is that flying it must be a fish, still technically a UFO until identified is it not?

Asteroids are not man made. And I am pretty sure , in the modern era, people can easily tell what a god dam shooting star is compared to an actual MAN MADE craft...hello... Flying fish? Are you serious? What's the altitude on a flying fish's flight smart ass?

And your avatar is way off. Well so is everything else.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

And you want to change it to..... "In UFO We Trust"..... is that it?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

A buddy of mine was in the military on watch when he and two other saw a bright light landibg in a valley close by them. The next day one of them denied having seen anything that night. Some people can't seem to handle something challeging their idea of reality.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So I instantly thought of some very prolific ATS posters that if you read their threads and posts you would be convinced they are effing nuts and off their meds. I bet you are already thinking of a few....

The fact that people star/flag and encourage this craziness illustrates part of the reason for ridicule.

Another is the popularity of youtube. If you read the comments in UFO videos it is obvious that humanity has taken a hit in the critical thinking department.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What the hell you giving it my avatar is well off? and the point I'm making is just because it's unidentified doesn't make it human made.Their is a lot of phenomenon out their doesn't make it man made, also to jump to conclusions like that is just stupid

P.S. I'd never claim or claimed to be a smart ass get off your high horse and maybe take some chill pills you seem stressed

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

What the hell you giving it my avatar is well off? and the point I'm making is just because it's unidentified doesn't make it human made.Their is a lot of phenomenon out their doesn't make it man made, also to jump to conclusions like that is just stupid

P.S. I'd never claim or claimed to be a smart ass get off your high horse and maybe take some chill pills you seem stressed

What's stupid is your english skills. Your avatar is off centered.. Or is it ,you're trying to be cool?

No one here is talking about comets,asteroids,meteors or any scfi natural phenomenon kook'd up in your brain of yours. Explain to me what's so stupid to say ALL UFO's ARE man made???

Do ya have any proof otherwise?

And be happy I am branding you as a smart ass. I was hoping you were joking about "fly fish" nonsense. Guess you weren't . Says a lot about your intellect.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Mr Brüno, Something tells me that you have never seen a real orb craft...if you had, you would not be so angry due to the positive effects of seeing one.
edit on 13-6-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Because anti-scientific, Cartesian materialism is the new Christianity, and most of the people who believe in such, are just as blind and unintelligent as Christians themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join