It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Yes. Agreed.

And.

The battle to keep this information secret is a complex one for sure.
But if you were wanting to keep a secret like this, you would let the masses do half the work for you.

So you create an air of ridicule around this subject, because fear of ridicule by ones peers is extremely powerful. It stops people from speaking out, and it also creates an attitude of disinterest, because people that follow the MSM and see the way the subject is treated, pay no attention because they are lead to believe that there is no substance to the stories. Obviously ridiculous stories are planted to dis-inform and discredit.

Ridicule is just one weapon, and be it a powerful one, in the armoury of obfuscation.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by StupidShouldHurt
reply to post by R0CR13

Obviously you don't know who Dr. Tyson is. You also don't know what interstellar space is.

I'm wasting my time on you ... but here goes anyway .

en.wikipedia.org...

"Interstellar space is the physical space within a galaxy not occupied by stars or their planetary systems....."

If you are going to travel between stars .. you better have a short cut or live for hundreds of thousands of years .

" The Milky Way is 100,000 - 120,000 light-years in diameter "

Siris is often mentioned .. at the speed of light thats 8.5 years each way ..if you could do it .

This is the same stupid argument that rehashed over and over .. they cant be here it's to far .. B S !

Time and Space are properties of our 3 dimensional reality ... any advanced civilization will elect to simply bypass all that time and space ..

Tell your buddy Tyson too.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

UFO should not ever be categorized or connected with aliens. Everything about aliens is based on blind faith. Blind faith on eyewitness accounts,photos ,videos, tv shows and most importantly aliens movies; which religion follows the same format.

This is why UFO believers are a joke. All UFO's are man made

And you can provide proof of that? I'd love to see the documents you have at your disposal that proves all UFO cases in our history were all man-made. Please share, I've love to see them.

You are doing the same thing you accuse others of - you are going on blind faith that the technology and maneuvers people witness when they see UFOs, are all products of human ingenuity. The speeds, and size, the lack of noise, the abrupt turns - you are going on blind faith that some government has this technology at their disposal - because I can guarantee you don't have proof of it.

And the alien angle is just a reasonable one - if an obviously manufactured aircraft of some kind is beyond the technology we can produce, it's clearly not from this planet. I guess people could go with time travel.. or other dimensions.. so in that light, alien technology is actually the least fantastic and logical conclusion. And unlike faith, there is plenty of provided proof of UFO existence. Eyewitness reports (which imo, are too often completely disregarded), videos, photos, etc. I'd hardly say that's not tangible, because it is.

Sorry,but Its the other way around my good friend. Alien intervention is a huge stretch. Saying a UFO is man made is not. So you and all your UFOers have no proof just blind faith. I think that paragraph should suffice your childish rant.

What technology?!?!

Are you serious? Its object(s) in our dam skies!! You think and assume(which is blind freakin faith) it comes from space. Don't be mad at me for that, blame hollywood and the networks for feeding you constant lies day in day out.

You cannot guarantee jack what our military has done or designed or developed. You are talking out of your *ss. And neither can I for that matter. No one knows.

The alien angle is bunk. Why?, because you like all UFOers assume aliens MUST be light years more advanced than us. Why you people do that is beyond me. You assume some imaginary alien is more advanced. That's stupid. That's abandoning your logic . Time travel , or using other dimensions for traveling is 100% theoretical and accepting aliens have this technology is also massively theoretical. You do know what "theoretical" means right? To believe in "speculation" and "theories" you need one thing :

Blind Faith

And a bit of advice , photos,videos and eyewitness accounts are not considered proof. All of that can be fabricated or doctored to benefit the fool who is desperate for his or hers blind faith to come true.

You don't even know it, but you have been submerged in alien dogma all this time. You should be thanking me for telling you this.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

Not even true without the "Alien" speculations. Natural phenomena account for a great many UFO sightings.
edit on 11-6-2012 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

Alien speculation is a perversion by fools who want alien to be real ,desperately. Aliens come from the human imagination. Aliens is not a natural phenomena. Nothing natural about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Either:
1) They do not accept the possibilities of life in/out of our own galaxy,
2) They do believe but for fear of being ridiculed themselves they join the band wagon of making fun of others,
3) Simply ignorance,
4) Too religious to accept anything but what the bible says,
5) Fear of not knowing what the "unknown" might bring, they rather be part of #3.
edit on 10-6-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

If i kept showing you grainy, blurry footage while insisting that it a unicorn You would mock me too.

I for one wouldn't mock you, what I would do is distance myself from your grainy, blurry footage that you insisted was a unicorn. Kind of like what a lot of so called skeptics (self-ego boosters) should do from the UFO topic.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

No need for mocking anything just because you don't agree is what I'm saying.
Have fun skepticising. (Boosting your own ego)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
'The angelic vicious program was first introduced in 1947'.

These are lessons to learn to deprogramm your self from what has been programmed in the mind of every human since 1947.

Lesson 1.Flying saucers never existed. 100% conclusive.
lesson2. Flying saucers just do not exsist.100percentage conclusive.
Lesson 3.The word flying saucer was embedded and programmed either by mistake, or on purpose.

Lesson 4.
Learn the word and origin of flying saucers.
Kenneth Arnold.

If you understand what I am talking about, we can than move to the other levels of deprogramming your self and than I will up load the new information so you all can be up to speed to wants going on today.

He is best-known for making what is generally considered the first widely reported unidentified flying object sighting in the United States, after claiming to have seen nine unusual objects flying in a chain near Mount Rainier, Washington on June 24, 1947. (See Kenneth Arnold UFO sighting)

June 26 and June 27, newspapers first began using the terms "flying saucer" and "flying Herbert Strentz, who reviewed U.S. newspaper accounts of the Arnold UFO sighting, and concluded that the term was probably due to an editor or headline writer: the body of the early Arnold news stories did not use the term "flying saucer" or "flying disc."[15] However, earlier stories did in fact credit Arnold with using terms such as "saucer", "disk", and "pie-pan" in describing the shape.

Years later, Arnold claimed he told Bill Bequette that "they flew erratic, like a saucer if you skip it across the water." Arnold felt that he had been misquoted since the description referred to the objects' motion rather than their shape.[4] Thus Bequette has often been credited with first using "flying saucer" and supposedly misquoting Arnold, but the term does not appear in Bequette's early articles. Instead, his first article of June 25 says only, "He said he sighted nine saucer-like aircraft flying in formation..."

they flew erratic, like a saucer if you skip it across the water."

Arnold felt that he had been misquoted since the description referred to the objects' motion rather than their shape

TextThus Bequette has often been credited with first using "flying saucer" and supposedly misquoting Arnold
And 2 weeks after that...Roswell.in June or July 1947

Arnold never saw flying saucers

debunker.com...
www.ufo-blog.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This picture here,is the most important mind picture i will ever show the populice of this earth.
This specific picture is in lesson 123,but i will share with you.

This specific picture shows 3 flying saucers.

I want you to build a flying triangle space ship in your mind.
After you build the triangle spaceship in your head,i want you to fit those '3 flying saucers' underneath your triangle...and turn the engines on.
lp527 copy written june 10th 3012
What you see in your head is the only UFO that has ever exsisted on your planet.

'flying saucers' are nothing but the engines underneath the 'flying triangle space ship' just ask the first man to describe it for you.the pictures above look nothing like, a 'flying saucer'

www.unsuspectedtruth.com...

Hitler wasnt building flying saucers as they want you to believe,he was building engines to fit..well thats lesson for another time.

This is the head line that they love to programm the world with.
3 Ufos...in triangular formation.lofl.3 ufos',just sick,its just sickning.

Its just one ship with 3 engines for balance

youtu.be...

When you upload the new information to everyone can you move my brain to a new jar? I want one spacious enough so I can float around more. It's awfully tight in here.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Not even true without the "Alien" speculations. Natural phenomena account for a great many UFO sightings.

Alien speculation is a perversion by fools who want alien to be real ,desperately. Aliens come from the human imagination. Aliens is not a natural phenomena. Nothing natural about it.

So your Arbitrary conclusion should be considered ... Why ?

This is worse than people that think everything that moves in the sky is an alien craft .

Where are your facts .

If we hold you to the same standard of proof as dictated by the scientific community ...

your words amount to pure nonsense .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Are you on drugs?
Does your arrogance know no bounds?

To make statements like that, is blind faith. To claim that aliens are impossible, because that is what you are saying, is a perversion by fools who think that we are the be all and end all. To SPECULATE, on the other hand, that aliens are impossible, is something to consider.

In the post prior to this quoted one, you are abandoning logic yourself. The technology you talk of is outside of our current understanding. CURRENT HUMAN UNDERSTANDING. Again - C U R R E N T! Why do people always say things are impossible because they cant see it now - because they can't even stretch their limited imagination. The imagination of our predecessors is why you are posting on this forum now. Not so long ago, people like you would have said this was impossible.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

My opinion is that once the government either a) recovered craft and realized the powerful potential of back engineering and the advantage it would grant if kept well secret, or b) realized that these things were so far advanced they could do nothing to protect the people should the UFO's be malevolent, decided to sweep it under the rug to avoid panic.

Either way, its well documented and well known that since this nations inception, it has engaged in espionage.

J. Edgar set the standard for the covert penetration of all controversial groups, cults, etc...the government has "debunkers" "MIB's", third party scientists who treat every alien encounter story like its a fairy tale...

I remember in the 50's and 60's when the UFO phenomenon was really gaining steam, the government had numerous people interviewed who clearly were not credible and grossly exaggerated/changed their stories , thus making anyone who mentioned UFO's thrown into the same crowd.

Thats when pilots, law enforcement, military, began to realize if you valued your career and respectability you kept your mouth shut

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ignorance, rudeness, fear of non conformity, lack of proof and the need to be 'right'.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

However a person can go to church every day and be considered a devoted Christian. Now this is not a dig at religion or anything from it. It it just really boils my blood that we can be laughed at yet the USA's motto is 'In God We Trust'

It maybe that the Government decides what media can cover and they don't want word of their secret projects getting out so they have to deny it. That's just my opinion though

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

So your Arbitrary conclusion should be considered ... Why ?

This is worse than people that think everything that moves in the sky is an alien craft .

Where are your facts .

If we hold you to the same standard of proof as dictated by the scientific community ...

your words amount to pure nonsense .

1) Because its logical. How is the alien option logical,,seriously??Again if you bothered to understand how difficult space-travel truly is , you wouldn't believe, for one minute the status quo with any alien-mythology. YOU instead blindly believe what Ridley Scott and Spielberg tell you thru there movies.

2)People assuming UFO's are alien intent is way ,way WORSE. Trust me, there's a whole array of forums just on ufo/aliens . Enough said.....lol

3)Again with the stupid "proof" part. Learn how difficult space travel is and just maybe you mite sound smart and just maybe you mite be taken seriously by certified professionals. Its the UFOers(YOU) that have to provide proof. YOU people ,are the ones claiming "aliens"!!!!

Jesus christ!

Who's talking nonsense now?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by barmyfluid
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Are you on drugs?
Does your arrogance know no bounds?

To make statements like that, is blind faith. To claim that aliens are impossible, because that is what you are saying, is a perversion by fools who think that we are the be all and end all. To SPECULATE, on the other hand, that aliens are impossible, is something to consider.

In the post prior to this quoted one, you are abandoning logic yourself. The technology you talk of is outside of our current understanding. CURRENT HUMAN UNDERSTANDING. Again - C U R R E N T! Why do people always say things are impossible because they cant see it now - because they can't even stretch their limited imagination. The imagination of our predecessors is why you are posting on this forum now. Not so long ago, people like you would have said this was impossible.

On the contrary, I do not have blind faith,blind hope or uncontrolled imagination. On the other hand , you certainly do. Your key words were:

-"Outside our current understanding"
-"stretch their limited imaginations"

Why do you claim that aliens are possible?? Because some TV program or Science website tells you everyday "they" have found a new plausible planet that can harbor "life".....is that your motivation?.....lol.

That's pathetic. What these sites and misleading TV programs don't tell you is how "IMPOSSIBLE" space travel truly is(for all beings).. Ohhh,, but that's right you people(UFOers) believe in UFOSCIENCE(which is worse than a religion). You people believe/speculate constantly : "if there is life out there, it must be intelligent and way more advance than us"

Complete speculation bull-crap and a Perfect example when one's stretched imagination goes unchecked by there own dormant-logic . Honestly try to understand the laws of space travel. You won't ever think of aliens the same again. Try it, I dare you.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've always found this strange too. In Western society it's considered perfectly acceptable to believe in a man who walked on water, turned water into wine and came back from the dead after being fatally stabbed with a spear.

But anybody who believes that there might be life on other planets is ridiculed and branded as a mental patient.

Okay...

edit on 11-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
I've always found this strange too. In Western society it's considered perfectly acceptable to believe in a man who walked on water, turned water into wine and came back from the dead after being fatally stabbed with a spear.

But anybody who believes that there might be life on other planets is ridiculed and branded as a mental patient.

Okay...

edit on 11-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Yea,,, Its called they're both BUNK

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Don't let it get to you. Keep in mind that threads like these are shill magnets.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by fairguy

Don't let it get to you. Keep in mind that threads like these are shill magnets.

And which are threads that are not shill magnets?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
UFO Believers get ridiculed because of -extra-sense- morons who talk crap. I recently read an article with the winner of a reaility show about extrasenses where they show their abilities and she won. So that extra-sense in the interview was saying that there are Two Large spaceships near the Earth and that they ARE causing THE EARTHQUAKES - spaceships causing that - rofl? (now in Turkey also registered) will show in DECEMBER 2012, and that the beings are BENEVOLENT and that the Earth is coming to an end in DECEMBER and they will save us....

Sheesh, Where have I read that before? Thousands of ATS threads and text on the internet talking about the same because they all come from the same interent texts - if this is your definition of open mindness listening to such charlatans, then no wonder the topic is ridiculed.

I recently saw a scientist, quite normal biologists who has nothing to do with conspiracies and aliens saying - we may have been genetically modified for thousands of years, there are lots of unanswered questions and some lead to the idea of Outer Intervention. Hail to a normal scientist and not some conspiracist to say smth like that, there are serious people about the topic and there are the charlatans like those mentioned.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For what it is worth, I know plenty of Christians who believe in the idea of aliens. While I'm not Christian, that is how I was raised and mom used to say that we would be awfully arrogant to think that we were the only intelligent life form that God created. And that if God had created us, that surely God would have created other life forms as well.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join