It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

Because the Earth is flat, the center of the Universe, and planets are just a freak occurrence that couldn't possibly happen anywhere else. Therefore the idea that beings exist on other planets is just ridiculous.

I often wonder the same thing myself. Ya there have been people who others would deem crazy or stupid but anyone who honestly looks into this knows that is not the case at all. I believe they don't even really know why it's funny to them. I myself have no problem admitting my belief in aliens and will talk with anyone who will listen because in my mind they are the ones who are ignorant. It's only a matter of time.
edit on 11-6-2012 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

This is why UFO believers are a joke. All UFO's are man made

Not even true without the "Alien" speculations. Natural phenomena account for a great many UFO sightings.
edit on 11-6-2012 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't ridicule them all and I absolutely believe that there are other beings out there. Whether they come here or not is a complete mystery to me so I stay open-minded about it.

What I do think is absurd is when someone posts a video of (say) lights from a boat flickering on water and starts the thread with "proof UFOs exist" or some such nonsense. There is very little critical thinking and analysis going on with some people here, and that gives the rest of the level-headed ones a bad name.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Because people that ridicule UFO believers have an ass backwards way of thinking. These are probably the dumb suv driving conformist yuppies who are so plugged into the matrix that it makes their life even more pathetic than it already is. Yeah I don't get how people can believe about an old man in the sky but yet ridicule a subject that has more proof of existence than organized religion will ever have....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

The direct answer is the Gov. instituted policies that dictated denial and ridicule .

The real question is Why ?

The short answer is to protect their monopoly on information and technology .

60 years of cover up and denial to protect... THE BOTTOM LINE .. Power and Profit .

This technology should have ushered in a new paradigm 50 years ago .

The tech , has direct implications on ENERGY PRODUCTION !

They cannot allow the destruction of the industry because the people involved are invested .

No more roads bridges no power grid .. low low energy costs.. think of the disruption to the current economic base .

They use this tech. for an unfair advantage a MONOPOLY of Power ...

at least 50 years of suppression has given us pollution.. sky rocketing power costs.. nuclear incidents that never needed to happen . the Waste of 50 years of production world wide on tech and products that were obsolete before they were even made .

We should be colonizing other planets by now ..Energy should be almost free .. Vehicles that hover at least and can not collide with each other .. think about it .

Criminals run the world and People are Stupid .

Hey dingbats Do you think that the government is your friend or your jailer ?

Duh .. CORPORATE POWER !

Aliens visiting this World .. sure the ones that understand dimensional travel they come and go..

The real bulk is Gov. and Private industry that are dedicated to keeping this tech for themselves for their profit for their power ..

Oh dont forget ... "You Cant Handle the Truth "

The white papers in the 50's and early 60's were full of antigravity research then it went Black ..

Look for yourself .. we were ALL Seriously waiting for it happen any day .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much

because they are lost and dont know nothing.

If they "dont know nothing", that implies that they know something
double negative...
and use an apostrophe already!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I accept UFOs as a phenomona..But more times than not, it is simply mis-identification verses non identification.
I like to believe in some UFOs being of ET origin..mostly because it does make some sense, and its nice to wonder...but still waiting for some solid proof. Still, neat concept based on an understanding of scientific advancement and the size of the galaxy.

When a religious person ridicules someone whom believing that UFOs are ET crafts..

its like a balloon ridiculing a pin.
easy target.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
People get cemented in their beliefs and can't see any other way.
And they think it's here-say. But you have to consider in a court of law you here "other" people testimony and not your own knowledge of being there. When I listen to Linda Moulton Howe and all the whistle blowers testimony of taped recorded interviews and then I mix in her tremendous qualifications I think she is being very accurate.
But I don''t always get a good feeling about a guy or women seeing UFO's.
But I do get a good feeling about Gary Wilcox's incredible testimony were as many would think it is just too far fetched. So I guess you don't hear too much about him, but I think it is one of the most important one.

He says he talked with two martians on his farm in 1964 April 24th.,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I absolutely disagree. They certainly do know nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Look all around this forum, people don't like when their bubble is threatened. I call it fear. Fear brings out the worst in many people. Out of fear people were burned as witches. I use that example but there are many crazy rules in America now all based on fear rather than actual facts. There are a good many people who not only like the comfort zone they stay tucked into, they are offended if anyone says anything that upsets that imaginary utopia. I don't think it's a conscious thing, I think subconsciously a threat is felt, especially if the information is said in away to imply ignorance rather than in the spirit of sharing ideas. I think this is something we all have in us instinctively.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty

What I do think is absurd is when someone posts a video of (say) lights from a boat flickering on water and starts the thread with "proof UFOs exist" or some such nonsense. There is very little critical thinking and analysis going on with some people here, and that gives the rest of the level-headed ones a bad name.

I totally agree, as soon as I see a thread on here in any section that says PROOF I know damn well its going to be anything bar proof. Yes we get far too may people who (re)post video's that are clearly fake or obvious known items under the heading of non debunkable or proof, not only do these people make themselves look stupid but they waste peoples time.

With today's CG nightmares proof is anything but provable..

BUT its should never silence the right minded normal folk who witness something, keep taking the pictures, keep filming but give us something to extract from it, something to get our brains into, say "what the f**k is that" numerous times is neither clever nor useful.

We also need to educate people more on the fakers such as Shannon J Kelly video's which are posted all over the place as UFO's when in fact 99.9% are weather balloons and aircraft, they never use a tripod despite being visited so often, they rarely focus in and the reason is you can see the electronic equipment on the bottom of the balloon.

People need to learn the fakers...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

I absolutely disagree. They certainly do know nothing.

I beg to differ, we do know that others who claim to know actually don't have a clue.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Because self described "ufo believers" always make the illogical leap from unidentified flying object, to alien spacecraft.

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson sums it up better than I ever could.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by StupidShouldHurt

I agree the assumption of alien is a mistake ..but .

Mr. Tyson also makes a laughable mistake .... interstellar space ?

What ?

Any civilization that visits earth from another planet is Not traversing interstellar space with the exceptions of our local system ... but as an man of science he knows that .

Amusing vid ? almost but not really .. accurate not really .

Your point ? Same as his ? ridicule is not science either .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

post by R0CR13
Mr. Tyson also makes a laughable mistake .... interstellar space ? What ?

Interstellar space.... the space between stars .

post by R0CR13
Any civilization that visits earth from another planet is Not traversing interstellar space

Yes they are , they are traveling from one star system to another , the space between is interstellar .

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an intelligent man but he really should stick do the day job and leave comedy to the comedians .

edit on 11-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

because they're real, the govt knows that. cant have all the sheeple know they have been lied to and led into slavery. To many credible witnesses have seen them, but its always brought up that its some toothless apalachian that reports them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by R0CR13

post by R0CR13
Mr. Tyson also makes a laughable mistake .... interstellar space ? What ?

Interstellar space.... the space between stars .

post by R0CR13
Any civilization that visits earth from another planet is Not traversing interstellar space

Yes they are , they are traveling from one star system to ours , the space between is interstellar .

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an intelligent man but he really should stick do the day job and leave comedy to the comedians .

I know What Interstellar space is .

They Are Not Travelling Through It .

Do you get what dimensional travel is ? ... simply put traveling outside of Time/Space .

If they are traveling "through it" they are confined to the speed of light or less than ... with all the problems that entails ...

They are going around it .

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's probably similar to what religious people get, that is believing in something that there may be small bits and pieces that something might be there. People want to be able to walk right to the proof and shake its hand. For both situations there is TONS OF EVIDENCE, yet NO EVIDENCE.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Hr2burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

People that get their jollies by ridiculing others with different views (especially anonymously) usually fall in two categories
1. Come from a world and background where "ball busting" and verbal abuse is "normal" and expected and supposedly no big deal. in this case the misunderstanding comes from cultural misalignment. Although my opinion is that they were and have been abused their entire lives and are just paying it forward, but have grown thinking that it is normal. It really isn't. It is also distinctly male behavior, although not unheard of among females.

2. Have other issues they are compensating for. Those would be individuals who were never really verbally abused and their environment isn't the type where it is "normal" to do that type of thing. They are basically being d!cks for the ego boost they get (which they desperately need) for something else missing in their lives.

Notice how most respondents to your post aren't addressing your question, they are basically justifying why they don't believe (which you haven't asked, really).

As if questioning the believer wasn't sufficient.

Questioning is a perfectly adequate skeptic response.

Verbal abuse and ridicule are not only unnecessary, they are against T&C here.

-rrr

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Obviously you don't know who Dr. Tyson is. You also don't know what interstellar space is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join