It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Yeah Bruno....it still feels like it was yesterday. If you want more--- to satisfy your hunger for UFO's & Aliens, which I feel is compelling --- you can check out my video picture's on YouTube titled: Space Alien Hiding Behind Fossil Rock, and Petroglyph Carving of a Space Alien [probably carved by the space alien himself]. The creature is sitting behind a large fossil boulder at the edge of water, with just his head or helmet exposed and his left leg and foot was also exposed by my camera. You can get a better explanation from me on UFO CASEBOOK, in the Alien's --- What do they look like --- Titled: Photo Capture of a Space Alien/Robot???

Its the picture that the ILLOGICAL ONE loves to trash.

Foofighter's,

Erno86
edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Yeah Bruno....it still feels like it was yesterday. If you want more--- to satisfy your hunger for UFO's & Aliens, which I feel is compelling --- you can check out my video picture's on YouTube titled: Space Alien Hiding Behind Fossil Rock, and Petroglyph Carving of a Space Alien [probably carved by the space alien himself]. The creature is sitting behind a large fossil boulder at the edge of water, with just his head or helmet exposed and his left leg and foot was also exposed by my camera. You can get a better explanation from me on UFO CASEBOOK, in the Alien's --- What do they look like --- Titled: Photo Capture of a Space Alien/Robot???

Its the picture that the ILLOGICAL ONE loves to trash.

Foofighter's,

Erno86
edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

Precisely the trash I'm talking about. Why don't we ask ourselves why the subject receives no credibility? here is only ONE post. I could pick apart the entire thread, I'm sure. Bottom line remains this (as stated on page 1): The Ufo community is full of cooks, liars, charlatans, and new agers. It has no interest in research and only interest largely in promoting a false agenda entirely devoid of any reason, logic, or honest internal inquiry. It is clear in it's falsification, it is clear in it's unwillingness to address data, and it is clear in it's AGENDA. The ufo fringe element is a quagmire of idiocy. The most respected of it's former researchers won't touch the subject with a ten foot pole anymore.

It's clear to some of us, why

edit on 26-6-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Gio....

Basically, you have this "theory" that there is nothing to UFOs, and those that hypothesize about them being manned or remotely controlled by aliens are fanciful and delusional.
You don't base your theory on anything more but an appeal to ignorance... meaning no one can possibly understand the vast cosmos, and we don't yet have hard proof (at least hard proof that has been accepted by mainstream media/science) of such things.
You completely ignore the piles of evidence and facts that 'believers' are bringing to the table, in favor of your "theory" and then tell the 'believers' they are silly for following 'theories,' even though 'theories' are where all great human thought begins.
You are hypocritical and ignorant, frankly.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

There are many conflicting views about aliens/ufos. I will say this, there's really no question that "ufo's" exist. The technology originated in Germany during WW2, as far as the aliens go. I find it nonsensical to believe that aliens visited this planet from another galaxy, and then upon arriving crashed in the middle of nowhere in the desert, AKA the roswell incident. So they have the technology to navigate between galaxies, but not the desert? Once you start researching the documentation you'll see that there are people who want us to believe that UFO's are of alien origin, it's reverse psychology. Why would they be doing this? What better way to unite all of mankind, than if we were being threatened by an outside alien threat. What do you think Raegan was talking about all those years?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?"
Many reasons...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Because many people can't distinguish things like stealth craft from a UFO when they see them for the first time, especially at night. Have you ever had a stealth fly over low above you at night? It is definitely suspenseful and I could easily see how someone would mistake it for a UFO. I have also seen airplanes during the day when the sun hits them just right and they look like a UFO, but if you watch them for awhile and look carefully you can see that it is not a UFO. Also many people have devised ways to fool people as pranks and a good amount of videos going around are just that.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The President will meet with the Pope but never that Ancient Aliens guy, and I reckon the Pope looks a hell of a lot kookier. Given a choice of religion or aliens I pick aliens.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think that the major society is ignorant. We made that mistake a long time ago by saying that we are the center of the universe and we are something very special. Those who thought otherwise were laughed at or even killed. The more we found out about the universe however, the more it was clear we are not something special. The sun is just one star out of billions and billions other stars in just one galaxy of which there are billions and billions more. Now knowing that we shouldn`t make ourself so ignorant by saying either

1. There is no live out there or

2. There is life out there but they ain`t comming here!

There are stars out there that are millions and even billions years older than ours. If life developed around those stars then their technology level is like magic for us. But like Stanton Friedman said: "Just because we don`t know how something works it cannot work?"

People really should have an open mind about this topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gartenspinnen
Because many people can't distinguish things like stealth craft from a UFO when they see them for the first time, especially at night. Have you ever had a stealth fly over low above you at night? It is definitely suspenseful and I could easily see how someone would mistake it for a UFO. I have also seen airplanes during the day when the sun hits them just right and they look like a UFO, but if you watch them for awhile and look carefully you can see that it is not a UFO. Also many people have devised ways to fool people as pranks and a good amount of videos going around are just that.

I think that healthy skepticism is always good. If someone says I saw a UFO it doesn`t mean it`s something from outer space, that`s right. That`s why the most important cases for me are those from very credible people like Air Force pilots or former government officials, backed up with radar data of objects that do incredible maneuvers like right angle turns at high speed and all without making a sound. Those are the cases I am interested in.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

The veil of religion clouds your mind, and prevents you from addressing the matter seriously yourself, without prejudice. Due to your religion, you are led to believe aliens are demons and so that is how you believe. The word demon was likely something that was conjured up to deal with malevolent spirits that people did not understand. So I guess you would say lucid dreaming, meditation, and astral travel are of the Devil? Get outta town...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is a hard topic to give a concrete answer. I believe they are ridiculed so much is because of how crazy some of the storys sound, little grey men, aliens breeding with our women to make hybrids. Sounds very, very farfetched and completely insane. I for one completely believe in the UFO enigma and the entire Alien Agenda. So long story short its because people think they are complete nutjobs, crazy, or just plain out of their damn mind.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

Way to separate church from state, huh?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If you are a skeptic and you do not believe in UFOs and then in life you have a short sighting, at the bare minumum. Your perspective on life and the other people in the world, and the government bodies of earth will never be the same again. Questions will bomb bard you, unless you are so overwhelmed you go into total denial.
If you are brave enough to ask other older people if they have ever seen strange things in the skies durring their lifetime, you might be amazed at the answers. I accidently saw two orbs dog walking at 6:30 am and my life was awakened. My family all make fun of me, and I now feel divided from them. I can't unsee what I saw. I wish I hadn't seen the lights move, I was previously afraid of nothing in the dark outside. Now, I don't want to even sleep in the dark!
I seriously wounder why many humans are so uncurious, unwilling to be educated, or ask questions about life.
It's as if everyone is on auto pilot. Seriously, I think we are someone else's zoo. They come here to look at us and our architecture and cultures as if they were visiting on vacation. Who gets in the cage at the zoo with the animals? No one.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

One example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The nut jobs get all the press, and the rest suffer from the resulting stigma.

edit on 2-7-2012 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
The nut jobs get all the press, and the rest suffer from the resulting stigma.

And some of them are highly placed in UFO organizations.
MUFON Forum: Board of Directors & the Flamingo "Close Encounters" charter flights

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The military ridicules because they are not in control, it is a reverse psychology role but fear is actually the cause.

The abductees didn't get ridiculed, because they didn't go public. Most abductees may have told one best friend about something strange happening but that's all.

The ones who were brought to the forefront by researchers got ridiculed because the world doesn't care about each other enough to listen to each other.

The world also doesn't have time to be psychology majors - they don't have time to seperate the 50% lies and 50% truths of the world.
edit on 2-7-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join