It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by petrus4

It's not my material.

Maybe that's a big part of your problem. Have you ever considered trying to think for yourself?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

No way !
I'm just a leaf blowing in the hot wind of know it alls like yourself. Who have yet to calculate their own intelligence as it is captured in the physical parameters of this existence. However it is being evidenced by it's shortness. All you will know in the end Is how swiftly it does come upon us..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I find this heated debate SO SILLY !!!! The fact of the matter is not ONE of us can predict what the future holds, which means we can't predict what advanced species - which we all seem to agree, exist - are up to.

Some put more stalk in the evidence of UFOs than others. Some people have researched it more than others. It is what it is. If you don't personally think aliens are visiting, fine! Who cares?

I really don't get the passionate debating. We should all look to the Logical One for how to discuss this kind of thing, there is absolutely zero reason to get so emotional. And if you're intelligent, you'll see that both sides of the argument can be intelligent. You're not stupid for believing aliens might be visiting, and you're not stupid for believing they aren't.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyReally
I find this heated debate SO SILLY !!!! The fact of the matter is not ONE of us can predict what the future holds, which means we can't predict what advanced species - which we all seem to agree, exist - are up to.

Some put more stalk in the evidence of UFOs than others. Some people have researched it more than others. It is what it is. If you don't personally think aliens are visiting, fine! Who cares?

I really don't get the passionate debating. We should all look to the Logical One for how to discuss this kind of thing, there is absolutely zero reason to get so emotional. And if you're intelligent, you'll see that both sides of the argument can be intelligent. You're not stupid for believing aliens might be visiting, and you're not stupid for believing they aren't.

That's the problem with you people. You jump to the conclusion its "advanced species". A bit premature,don't you think? Which is why you're desperate for your delusions to come true. You make perfect sense about no one knowing the future,but blow it when you actually assume ET is smart.

There is no proof,just blind faith, on Aliens taxing around earth. Get it?

People that transform imagination,hope and blind-faith into logical facts are STUPID.

Get it?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
UFO believers are not unfairly singled out, and the "ridicule" is nothing new. Nor is the scientific skepticism. Check out this pre-saucer news story from 1939 California's Sea Serpent...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

That's the problem with you people. You jump to the conclusion its "advanced species". A bit premature,don't you think? Which is why you're desperate for your delusions to come true. You make perfect sense about no one knowing the future,but blow it when you actually assume ET is smart.

People that transform imagination,hope and blind-faith into logical facts are STUPID.

Get it?

I'm literally cracking up at your post. Yes I "get it." Do you worry about your own intelligence, do you feel insecure about it? Is that why you're obsessed with posting on a forum that shouldn't intrigue you at all? You continue to miss the boat... over and over and over again... We're talking OVERWHELMING evidence of advanced crafts that by debunkers, is explained as top secret military craft, and by UFO believers, as reverse engineered and/or alien craft. Neither of these points can be proven, because they both live in secrecy! There are loads of compelling UFO cases, and even first-hand ET accounts... plus piles of whistle blowers of all walks of life who have told us the government is hiding the truth about UFOs, again - the FATHER of UFOLOGY, the guy originally hired by our very own US government, said the group was only made to undermine the phenomenon. I could go on for days. We're not talking isolated theories, but evidence, and then what that evidence points to.

And by the way, those that use their imagination to figure out mysteries beyond human understanding today, are actually the great thinkers of the world who progress humanity further. That is what your imagination is for, goofball. That is what makes humans so different from all the animals - we can think into the future, we can theorize without evidence, we can look beyond the current physical reality - it is what makes the future unfold...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Get it?

I'm literally cracking up at your post. Yes I "get it." Do you worry about your own intelligence, do you feel insecure about it? Is that why you're obsessed with posting on a forum that shouldn't intrigue you at all? You continue to miss the boat... over and over and over again... We're talking OVERWHELMING evidence of advanced crafts that by debunkers, is explained as top secret military craft, and by UFO believers, as reverse engineered and/or alien craft. Neither of these points can be proven, because they both live in secrecy! There are loads of compelling UFO cases, and even first-hand ET accounts... plus piles of whistle blowers of all walks of life who have told us the government is hiding the truth about UFOs, again - the FATHER of UFOLOGY, the guy originally hired by our very own US government, said the group was only made to undermine the phenomenon. I could go on for days. We're not talking isolated theories, but evidence, and then what that evidence points to.

And by the way, those that use their imagination to figure out mysteries beyond human understanding today, are actually the great thinkers of the world who progress humanity further. That is what your imagination is for, goofball. That is what makes humans so different from all the animals - we can think into the future, we can theorize without evidence, we can look beyond the current physical reality - it is what makes the future unfold...

What overwhelming evidence?!?!?!?!?!

UFO cases(not judicial obviously),ET accounts(whistle-blowers) are not considered factual evidence in regards to the "existence" of alien beings taxing around earth. Get it?

How do you know what "lives in secrecy"?!?!?
Do you work for the government? I doubt it buddy

There is no such thing as UFOlogy. Last time I checked one couldn't major in UFology.

Goofball? Really,,, so Newton figured out gravity with his imagination,or was it his gifted intellect ? Really?

Look beyond all the physical reality you want,,And compare all human achievements "on earth" to speculative-imaginative achievements "out in the galactic realm" . This will only do one thing to you: make you a delusional-goofball.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Get it?

UFO cases(not judicial obviously),ET accounts(whistle-blowers) are not considered factual evidence in regards to the "existence" of alien beings taxing around earth. Get it?

There is no such thing as UFOlogy. Last time I checked one couldn't major in UFology.

Goofball? Really,,, so Newton figured out gravity with his imagination,or was it his gifted intellect ? Really?

Look beyond all the physical reality you want,,And compare all human achievements "on earth" to speculative-imaginative achievements "out in the galactic realm" . This will only do one thing to you: make you a delusional-goofball.

Absolutely Newton used his imagination to form the theory of gravity. You use your imagination against known reality, and at the time gravity was not a known reality. It would have been called a fiction by someone like you, in its early days. In fact, you would have believed marijuana made you go insane back in the day. Or that cigarettes can't harm you. Because you only look at evidence supplied by the mainstream media and nothing else.

You are rambling about nothing, and I'm not even sure why you'd post on a board dedicated to conspiracies, if you can't then accept what it would mean for conspiracies to be real, and how they would manifest (for example, in the case of UFOs). Someone hired by the government to cover up UFOs says that's what they were hired to do, we have piles and piles of UFO sightings tracked with cameras/video cameras/radar with credible witnesses from military personel to government. On and on and on. We're not discussing the hoaxes or the misidentified "cases," here and a case isn't just something that ends up in court, weirdo.

By the way, I don't work for the government, and gladly. My job is, half of the time, analyzing numbers and data to solve mysteries on a much smaller scale than UFOs. In other words, I find out why traffic dipped X month, etc, and I'm really good at it. I trust my intellect, curiosity, and yes, imagination, over yours... it serves me well day to day.
edit on 25-6-2012 by ConspiracyReally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The majority of the people who don't believe that ET's have ever visited our planet Earth are either: malinformed by the malfeasance of government entities, fear of the unknown, fears of usurpation of racial superiority and outright denial of anybody who could conquer the vast interstellar distances involved with a starship capable of interstellar flight; using super luminal [faster than light] speeds.

Until the super powers are willing to unlock the secrets of alien visitation's here on Earth, people will be subject to ridicule, being subject to rely on heresay evidence, being forced to review and analyze the approx. 1% of "true" UFO reports and there own eyewitness accounts of UFO activity; here and about's.

Just my 2 cents on the subject ET alien visitations --- based on my on eyewitness accounts of an other-worldy starship or Foofighter.

The other-worlder's have visited our planet Earth, and they will probably continue to so in the coming future, do to the fact that our world is a habitable planet...indeed!!!

edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Get it?

Absolutely Newton used his imagination to form the theory of gravity. You use your imagination against known reality, and at the time gravity was not a known reality. It would have been called a fiction by someone like you, in its early days. In fact, you would have believed marijuana made you go insane back in the day. Or that cigarettes can't harm you. Because you only look at evidence supplied by the mainstream media and nothing else.

You are rambling about nothing, and I'm not even sure why you'd post on a board dedicated to conspiracies, if you can't then accept what it would mean for conspiracies to be real, and how they would manifest (for example, in the case of UFOs). Someone hired by the government to cover up UFOs says that's what they were hired to do, we have piles and piles of UFO sightings tracked with cameras/video cameras/radar with credible witnesses from military personel to government. On and on and on. We're not discussing the hoaxes or the misidentified "cases," here and a case isn't just something that ends up in court, weirdo.

By the way, I don't work for the government, and gladly. My job is, half of the time, analyzing numbers and data to solve mysteries on a much smaller scale than UFOs. In other words, I find out why traffic dipped X month, etc, and I'm really good at it. I trust my intellect, curiosity, and yes, imagination, over yours... it serves me well day to day.
He didn't use his imagination alone,it was his intellectual gift of logically interpreting forces and movements. His imagination was policed by logic. You didn't see him bothering with the alien possibility. He observed physical forms and questioned them. He created calculus to understand gravity. There no imagination in that. I think we both have very different views of the term "imagination".

You lost me with the mainstream media part.

I participate on conspiracy fact ,not theories from some delusional persons imagination; You and all aliens believers. UFO's are real,but branding it alien make is moronic. You nor I are aeronautical space engineers,we don't work for the government(and even most gov-agents are kept in the dark.) So why assume any UFO is alien-make. What freakin proof!

I use the court aspect to prove to you not a single UFO case is credible in a court of law. So why even bother wasting your precious time.

Well then stick to your day job and forget about the cosmos(the real one that is ,,the hollywood one stick with it). You're not going to figure it out and none of us will ever will.

But keep having blind faith fueled by your imagination.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

GiodanoBruno

You are severely ignorant to the "FACTS." There are plenty of credible UFO cases that absolutely could be included in a court of law. Governments around the world have meticulously studied UFO cases for decades, publicly and privately. There is plenty of on-the-record "mysteries" about intelligent flying craft that are beyond mankind's current technologies. The ONLY explanation for these cases are: (A) top-secret military technologies, which would have had to have been around and unchanged for decades and still kept from public eye, or (B) some other advanced technology not of mankind. Hence, Aliens... it's not an absurd theory, and the likelihood of aliens ending satellites and/or crafts our way, is also not all that fanciful.

Who cares if I'm not an expert on airplanes or if I don't work in the government? That's totally irrelevant. Plenty of people who are experts on crafts, and who do work in the government, including NASA astronauts, agree with me. So that's not even worth bringing up. By that calculation, you don't have any right to post your opinions about ANY conspiracies unless you have direct experience with them (either participating or covering them up). Why are you even posting here, if by your logic, you're totally clueless about this?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

GiodanoBruno

You are severely ignorant to the "FACTS." There are plenty of credible UFO cases that absolutely could be included in a court of law. Governments around the world have meticulously studied UFO cases for decades, publicly and privately. There is plenty of on-the-record "mysteries" about intelligent flying craft that are beyond mankind's current technologies. The ONLY explanation for these cases are: (A) top-secret military technologies, which would have had to have been around and unchanged for decades and still kept from public eye, or (B) some other advanced technology not of mankind. Hence, Aliens... it's not an absurd theory, and the likelihood of aliens ending satellites and/or crafts our way, is also not all that fanciful.

Who cares if I'm not an expert on airplanes or if I don't work in the government? That's totally irrelevant. Plenty of people who are experts on crafts, and who do work in the government, including NASA astronauts, agree with me. So that's not even worth bringing up. By that calculation, you don't have any right to post your opinions about ANY conspiracies unless you have direct experience with them (either participating or covering them up). Why are you even posting here, if by your logic, you're totally clueless about this?

New movie title:

"Assumptions"
by ConspiracyReally:

The plot:

-the FACTS
-plenty of possible-judicial ufo cases
-governments meticulously study ufo cases
-beyond man-kinds current tech
-Nasa agrees with me

You're right I am clueless,,,,,,, and so are you. That's my point all along. The difference is you fill-in the unknowns with imaginative faith-filled information that you unwillingly received over the decades by hollywood/TV/internet crap. You sir are extremely infested with jargon.

I'm here to shake your tree a bit. You don't like it ,don't respond.

ps- I can tell you're getting flustered,, posting skills are getting sloppy.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
In the old days, forty+ years ago, it was normal not to speak of seeing UFO's or your reputation would be destroyed. I'm sure things haven't really changed because people don't really change much. There is no such thing as a generation gap, it was made up as a part of our conditioning in society. We think we are getting smarter and things are better but that's how conditioning works. I have never seen a UFO but know people who have. I'm positive they saw something they could not identify and I'm sure that these were not airplanes or helicopters.

Something is weird about one of the stories, Someone said that his mother and himself saw a strange thing and it sounded like a train with a bright light shining. It was in an area of an old abandoned railroad track, nothing had been using those old mine tracks for thirty+ years. It was like it was a glimpse of the past and in a great flash it was gone. He said it appeared to go up. I think it was some sort of time anomaly myself. We really don't know much about time anomalies.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
The majority of the people who don't believe that ET's have ever visited our planet Earth are either: malinformed by the malfeasance of government entities, fear of the unknown, fears of usurpation of racial superiority and outright denial of anybody who could conquer the vast interstellar distances involved with a starship capable of interstellar flight; using super luminal [faster than light] speeds.

Until the super powers are willing to unlock the secrets of alien visitation's here on Earth, people will be subject to ridicule, being subject to rely on heresay evidence, being forced to review and analyze the approx. 1% of "true" UFO reports and there own eyewitness accounts of UFO activity; here and about's.

Just my 2 cents on the subject ET alien visitations --- based on my on eyewitness accounts of an other-worldy starship or Foofighter.

The other-worlder's have visited our planet Earth, and they will probably continue to so in the coming future, do to the fact that our world is a habitable planet...indeed!!!

edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 25-6-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

"Just my 2 cents on the subject ET alien visitations --- based on my on eyewitness accounts of an other-worldy starship or Foofighter"

Sure buddy,,when was that, some 40 years ago

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Simple answer tot he OP...they make it so easy to ridicule.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

GiodanoBruno

New movie title:

"Assumptions"
by ConspiracyReally:

The plot:

-the FACTS
-plenty of possible-judicial ufo cases
-governments meticulously study ufo cases
-beyond man-kinds current tech
-Nasa agrees with me

You're right I am clueless,,,,,,, and so are you. That's my point all along. The difference is you fill-in the unknowns with imaginative faith-filled information that you unwillingly received over the decades by hollywood/TV/internet crap. You sir are extremely infested with jargon.

I'm here to shake your tree a bit. You don't like it ,don't respond.

ps- I can tell you're getting flustered,, posting skills are getting sloppy.

You're full of crap, I''m sorry. There's way more than that plot. I'm responding to specific points you're bringing to the table.. that I'm not in government or an airplane pilot, so I have no right to say anything about this subject. Even though airplane pilots and government employees have chimed in on the UFO topic themselves. Even though I've seen UFOs myself. Even though I've researched it to high heavens - and by the way, ZERO of my opinions come from Hollywood or Internet crap - I've already shared a URL with all the evidence and that jazz, and not a single source is a UFO site (maybe 1%) or a Hollywood movie. It is all MAINSTREAM, completely credible sources. When I ran that blog, I regularly heard from people and their personal UFO sightings.

Not getting flustered at all... dumbfounded by your ignorance and passion about something you shouldn't care about.

And by the way, having a theory on something and exploring it is not insane or a waste of time. You're insane and wasting your time by caring so much! Humans are meant to follow their imaginations, to put puzzle pieces together, and for someone on a CONSPIRACY forum, you should understand that. There is no such thing as conspiracy FACT you weirdo. That's the very nature of a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Gio, you still at this. You sure spend a lot of time on a UFO forum for someone that thinks it's bunk. You must be delusionisticated, not a word, but would be accepted as one if enough people keep making the mistake of thinking it is one.

People keep saying "advanced race" because to get here they would have to be just that. You said it yourself that our understanding of space travel would make it impossible. I agree. But what is our understanding of space travel? Do you really think that you, or I, would even be made slightly aware of current research? You know the answer to that.
Forget the MSM attitude of "park it on the whitehouse lawn" bull. Why would any race of beings want to communicate with the people of this planet through the sham that is officialdom? It's a question?

And these UFO's you talk about that are ours. When did they go into production? Our governments etc must be hundreds of years ahead of the public perception - these things have been reported for ?????????

What single person would you talk to that would make you think "Hang on, there's something in this"?

Have you read any books on the subject?
Look at Rich Dolan. He was focussed on cold war strategy and Russian history and culture when he stumbled upon FOI files and researched further. A Russian historian that had no prior interest in UFO's examined the paper trail and could see there was something going on.

Why would governments of every country in the world have had some interest in the subject?

You slam personal accounts. Those personal accounts contain anecdotal evidence and the last time I looked, anecdotal evidence was used in a court of law.

Gio. If we could travel to the furthest point in space, what would we find?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by barmyfluid
Gio, you still at this. You sure spend a lot of time on a UFO forum for someone that thinks it's bunk. You must be delusionisticated, not a word, but would be accepted as one if enough people keep making the mistake of thinking it is one.

People keep saying "advanced race" because to get here they would have to be just that. You said it yourself that our understanding of space travel would make it impossible. I agree. But what is our understanding of space travel? Do you really think that you, or I, would even be made slightly aware of current research? You know the answer to that.
Forget the MSM attitude of "park it on the whitehouse lawn" bull. Why would any race of beings want to communicate with the people of this planet through the sham that is officialdom? It's a question?

And these UFO's you talk about that are ours. When did they go into production? Our governments etc must be hundreds of years ahead of the public perception - these things have been reported for ?????????

What single person would you talk to that would make you think "Hang on, there's something in this"?

Have you read any books on the subject?
Look at Rich Dolan. He was focussed on cold war strategy and Russian history and culture when he stumbled upon FOI files and researched further. A Russian historian that had no prior interest in UFO's examined the paper trail and could see there was something going on.

Why would governments of every country in the world have had some interest in the subject?

You slam personal accounts. Those personal accounts contain anecdotal evidence and the last time I looked, anecdotal evidence was used in a court of law.

Gio. If we could travel to the furthest point in space, what would we find?

Oh,,,ok,, so since there is NO credible evidence that an alien has figured how to survive and travel within hostile space then adapt to earth characteristics ,,then crash here and have government agencies reverse engineer alien orbs or crafts,,, Then why ,,you would desperately believe in alien existence or some advanced race?. Why? Its all in your head dude.

Our understanding of space travel(which I have said countless times) is based on us realizing how primitive we are ,during the apollo missions. We basically hit a wall. So unless freakin ET figures sub-lightspeed,can bend freakin space and create its own version of life-support..... Space travel is impossible!!. Nasa and our government will never say this. Understand!!

Are you an aeronautical space engineer. Have you ever designed a flying object. Have ever constructed a flying object. I haven't . So I don't assume crap in our skies. And I surely don't assume,since I can't understand it ,then it must be aliens. That type of thinking is ignorant. Get it?

Books on what subject?

I do not object to UFO not existing. But for anyone ,KGB,FBI,CIA or a commoner to ignore the difficulties of space travel is a certifiable idiot.

What government has interest in aliens?? What government?!?!?

You assume so much. Dude lay off the internet. Seriously.

Anecdotal evidence is not accepted wise guy. Better said, Trial evidence or hearsay evidence never considered admissible evidence . By definition those are kind of unreliable..... Unless the judge allows it. So do you really think a judge would deem an Alien account from ConspiracyReally as admissible??

Non of us know jack outside our Solar System.

Good try my friend.

Carry on my lady

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Weird, someone on-line telling me to stay off-line for my benefit.

Nice try? Yeah, I suppose it was a bit much to ask for a constructive conversation without the highly emotional and defensive responses.
Why is that?
And can't you just quit with the "you believer's of this" and " you believers of that"? You are a believer too - that what you see is all you get. That there are no secrets, nothing to be discovered and that this little rock is totally alone.
I can just see you standing there telling the Wright brothers that it will never work.

Talk about insecurities. Why else come on a forum that talks about things that you think are BS other than to convince people to think like you because it scares you that much that you come on here in the first place. Bizarre. That is insecure behaviour. Get it?

Once again Gio, what are you doing here? What is your interest on ATS? Get IT?

"What books?". Books on UFO's, what else? I actually don't spend my life on-line, I read books as well as research the net. Oh sorry, you meant "what are books?".

What governments? Are you serious????

Space travel difficulties? Are you referring to the Van Allen belt?

Explain yourself (Friend?). What about the the crap in our skies? Forget the "alien" thing that you keep going on about, what have people been reporting for decades?

"None of us know jack outside our solar system". There you go, some sense at last, well done Gio.

Gio. If we could travel to the furthest point in space, what would we find?????

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The seemingly endless threads on this question seem to leave something out.

Many of us believe in the possibility and are looking for proof, but are put off by the silly crowd who believe anything on this topic, no matter how absurd.

Since sightings worth looking into are extremely rare and often are years between, the huge amount of crap floating around the internet and on YouTube is destroying the serious side of all of this. Those pushing it perhaps should be laughed at from time to time and deserve it for burying the real evidence under a mountain of Bull manure.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join