It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Non of those links mentioned Aliens or Extraterrestrials and also just no
when I have seen UFO's the bloody last thing I would thing are little green men I observe and make conclusions upon movement, speed, angle trajectory etc.
Just the other day I identified a satellite (but it was flown by the grays
) So no absolutely no Aliens in my mind

Also for your info the Norway case is a phenomenon that a few people have worked on I have read no reports of spaceships and little green men, nothing of the sort.

So are you some aeronautical space engineer? or do you just spout out unfounded and non researched nonsense like me?

I suggest you read a bit more clearly what you posted. Did you even read what you posted? I did. Do you even know who Martin Shough is? I do? He is a moron alien believer. An alien perv. Go right ahead check for yourself. So you posted two links from this guy and you say you don't believe or stated on this thread that you are not in support of alien influence(or belief). Sure

And what is with the comment about you identifying a satellite and knowing it was flown by a gray. Are you being sarcastic? If you are you suck at it(hence your lack of grammar input).

No I am not an aeronautical space engineer. But you don't see me posting jargon of aliens being behind phenomenas and ufo's or crop circles.

Name one thing that I have posted that is unfounded or un-researched. I dare you

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

However a person can go to church every day and be considered a devoted Christian. Now this is not a dig at religion or anything from it. It it just really boils my blood that we can be laughed at yet the USA's motto is 'In God We Trust'

I hear you friend. The "In God We Trust" thing was added in 1956 by President Eisenhower:

Jul 30, 1956:
President Eisenhower signs "In God We Trust" into law

On this day in 1956, two years after pushing to have the phrase "under God" inserted into the pledge of allegiance, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a law officially declaring "In God We Trust" to be the nation's official motto. The law, P.L. 84-140, also mandated that the phrase be printed on all American paper currency. The phrase had been placed on U.S. coins since the Civil War when, according to the historical association of the United States Treasury, religious sentiment reached a peak. Eisenhower's treasury secretary, George Humphrey, had suggested adding the phrase to paper currency as well.

source
I highly suspect Eisenhower went for this because of the Secret Treaty made between Eisenhower and the Gray aliens in 1954.
Eisenhower’s 1954 Meeting With Extraterrestrials
It was said the Grays showed Eisenhower and staff a film of the Crucifixion, and told them Jesus was one of theirs.

The aliens showed a hologram, which they claim was the actual crucifixion of Christ. The Government filmed the hologram. We did not know whether to believe them."
source

THE SECRETS OF THE MOJAVE (Or, The Conspiracy Against Reality)

I would also highly suspect this is the very reason there is very little evidence that such a man ever existed in the first place. The main reason
those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much is because of Organized Religion and it's iron hold on MSM and all other mainstream media sources, and the Religious Right's intense lobby to make Christianity the official State Religion.
edit on 6/17/12 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

Understand that you have "blind faith" ,(just like those pathetic evangelicals), in your imaginative articles ,photos, videos and eyewitness accounts on government(s) secretly holding the truth. Do you actually think the powers it be would allow the truth of anything to be disclosed to commoners like yourself. Do you see how self centered you sound.

Nothing you have posted, not a single source of yours , is legit. Even if a judge(in a court of law) asked you to provide backing for your source; you wouldn't be able to convince the jury. You want to believe,just like a poor christian/muslim .

I am with no religion, no agency, not a single following. I believe in one thing: LOGIC

Try dropping your religion, ( "Aliens" ), and start healing your infected brain with logic.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Logical one

Oh I get what you're saying. : ) I'm just saying let's hypothesize that the universe is TEEMING with life. I would imagine the ET that would visit our planet would be the ET that are LIKE us. ; ) And again, the folklore has it that there are all varieties of intelligent ET out there.

Also, I would say a lot of the hoaxes and fabricated stories could be due to purposeful disinfo. :-)
You see how us UFO conspiracy theorists never win? Either something is proven to be top secret and covered up, and then you go... well then how do you know about it? Or we don't have proof of top secret/cover up, and you say you don't have proof !

Regardless, I see a phenomenon that has some very compelling evidence, and ALL the hallmarks of a cover up/conspiracy theory. Remember, the father of UFOLOGY was a guy HIRED by the US government to basically downplay the phenomenon. He admitted this only years after the fact.

To GiodanoBruno:

I'm sorry, you don't understand what I'm saying. We're assuming that certain "laws" will be dis-proven or re-envisioned as science progresses. For example, we are now questioning whether light really is the fastest particle around. We're talking about advanced ET that would be hundreds to billions of years ahead of us in scientific discovery and invention. Our current understanding of how the universe works, and our current limitations to traveling through it, don't apply. I understand science perfectly, thank you very much.

Your passionate rambling is getting annoying. I'm going to ignore you from now on. You don't seem to 'get' it, sorry...
edit on 18-6-2012 by ConspiracyReally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyReally
Logical one

Oh I get what you're saying. : ) I'm just saying let's hypothesize that the universe is TEEMING with life. I would imagine the ET that would visit our planet would be the ET that are LIKE us. ; ) And again, the folklore has it that there are all varieties of intelligent ET out there.

Also, I would say a lot of the hoaxes and fabricated stories could be due to purposeful disinfo. :-)
You see how us UFO conspiracy theorists never win? Either something is proven to be top secret and covered up, and then you go... well then how do you know about it? Or we don't have proof of top secret/cover up, and you say you don't have proof !

Regardless, I see a phenomenon that has some very compelling evidence, and ALL the hallmarks of a cover up/conspiracy theory. Remember, the father of UFOLOGY was a guy HIRED by the US government to basically downplay the phenomenon. He admitted this only years after the fact.

To GiodanoBruno:

I'm sorry, you don't understand what I'm saying. We're assuming that certain "laws" will be dis-proven or re-envisioned as science progresses. For example, we are now questioning whether light really is the fastest particle around. We're talking about advanced ET that would be hundreds to billions of years ahead of us in scientific discovery and invention. Our current understanding of how the universe works, and our current limitations to traveling through it, don't apply. I understand science perfectly, thank you very much.

Your passionate rambling is getting annoying. I'm going to ignore you from now on. You don't seem to 'get' it, sorry...

Its doesn't matter what you say. Your dreamer intellect will not understand there are fixed laws in physics and in space.

I don't care what you think on what some scientific-industry is questioning. Neutrinos are not faster than light(really look it up). Nothing will ever be faster than light. Understand once one or it(neutrinos) hits 186,000mps they/it will tear a hole in space/time. Basically if you hit lightspeed you will act like a neutrino(which is part of the quantum world/ the micro world will never interact with the macro,,get it?). Which is unpredictable and kaotic. Again there is nothing faster than lightspeed. Why one would want to know if something is faster than LS is beyond me. Its an oxymoron.

"We're are talking about advanced ET "??? WTF!? Why would you massively speculate about something you know nothing about. I could understand 30% of something ,but nothing?

"Our current understanding of how the universe works and our current limitations to traveling through it(space), don't apply"???WTF!???- this statement is why people are delusional and blindly believe what they see/here in movie's and TV. This is why alien phenomena exists. This is why most people are stupid and ignorant.

You do not understand science or physics or the need to have common sense. Which is why you ,like so many others, wish and plan to ignore future debates with me. I will expose your delusion . Logic will haunt you in every nut and cranny of your fanatical mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

Logical one

To GiodanoBruno:

Its doesn't matter what you say. Your dreamer intellect will not understand there are fixed laws in physics and in space.

I don't care what you think on what some scientific-industry is questioning. Neutrinos are not faster than light(really look it up). Nothing will ever be faster than light. Understand once one or it(neutrinos) hits 186,000mps they/it will tear a hole in space/time. Basically if you hit lightspeed you will act like a neutrino(which is part of the quantum world/ the micro world will never interact with the macro,,get it?). Which is unpredictable and kaotic. Again there is nothing faster than lightspeed. Why one would want to know if something is faster than LS is beyond me. Its an oxymoron.

"We're are talking about advanced ET "??? WTF!? Why would you massively speculate about something you know nothing about. I could understand 30% of something ,but nothing?

"Our current understanding of how the universe works and our current limitations to traveling through it(space), don't apply"???WTF!???- this statement is why people are delusional and blindly believe what they see/here in movie's and TV. This is why alien phenomena exists. This is why most people are stupid and ignorant.

You do not understand science or physics or the need to have common sense. Which is why you ,like so many others, wish and plan to ignore future debates with me. I will expose your delusion . Logic will haunt you in every nut and cranny of your fanatical mind.

You are delusional if you think we have full understanding of the laws of the universe, and our understanding will not evolve - when a small percentage of humans have only been to the moon, first-hand.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyReally

But that means you are saying, "just because we don't know or understand, they must exist!", its the same crap with religion and god.

I always find it funny how when people say "There are billions and billions of possible earth, you think aliens cant come to earth"... i could just repeat that saying "There are billions and billions of possible earth, you think aliens decided to seek out ours and come here especially?"

(just so i'm clear, i agree with alien life, whether it maybe be micro level or a full fledged lifefrom but not with them coming to earth)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Logical one

To GiodanoBruno:

You are delusional if you think we have full understanding of the laws of the universe, and our understanding will not evolve - when a small percentage of humans have only been to the moon, first-hand.

Do you even know why a tiny % of humans been to space , let alone the moon; And recently why we haven't returned??

I suggest you study that question real well. You might learn something. And it answers your first two statements above.

Who's delusional?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by ConspiracyReally

But that means you are saying, "just because we don't know or understand, they must exist!", its the same crap with religion and god.

I always find it funny how when people say "There are billions and billions of possible earth, you think aliens cant come to earth"... i could just repeat that saying "There are billions and billions of possible earth, you think aliens decided to seek out ours and come here especially?"

(just so i'm clear, i agree with alien life, whether it maybe be micro level or a full fledged lifefrom but not with them coming to earth)

Dude, the probability of aliens existing and then also visiting us is only one small part of the argument. The UFO phenomenon, and the overwhelming evidence that the government/etc is lying to us about it, is the main point.

I personally don't even like to bring up the argument about aliens and stuff. I just look at the UFO phenomenon for what it is - a mystery that is only deepened by the government's consistent dishonesty and fear about it. That it's ETs visiting is just ONE of the hypotheses. A hypothesis the government has, on record, concluded! Here's an NSA doc where the government practiced decoding ET messages, per another doc (which I can't find at the moment) which stated this hypothesis.

It's other people who then chime in with the odds of ET vising, or what ET would be like, in order to debunk the UFO phenomenon that make this argument turn into that.

I suggest we'd basically see satellites remotely manned by ET, just like our satellites on Mars and stuff, honestly ! I don't think we'd see gray aliens, haha.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Logical one

To GiodanoBruno:

Do you even know why a tiny % of humans been to space , let alone the moon; And recently why we haven't returned??

I suggest you study that question real well. You might learn something. And it answers your first two statements above.

Who's delusional?

What??? haha. Yes I understand why we've not been past the moon (officially). There are REASONS for every single thing we didn't do in the past... either incomplete knowledge (maybe not known at the time) or limited technology.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The New York Times wrote, maybe in "1 million to 10 million years" they might be able to make a plane that would fly. It was only eight days after the U.S. Army failure and the prediction of the New York Times that the Wright brothers were successful in flying the first manned plane.

www.biographycentral.net...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Logical one

To GiodanoBruno:

Who's delusional?

What??? haha. Yes I understand why we've not been past the moon (officially). There are REASONS for every single thing we didn't do in the past... either incomplete knowledge (maybe not known at the time) or limited technology.

No you don't understand. If you did you would not believe in aliens . That's my point .

We hit a wall(Apollo) in space aviation. And "hitting the wall" happened in 2 vital facets. One is our primitive technology to deal with :short-long galactic travels and the other is life support(aging).

If you would bother to understand that and understand how far away we are from attempting the next steps to closer ourselves to these two facets, You would never , ever, assume aliens exist(ed) or have definitely visited earth.

Understand?

And stop using the evolution of man's ideas and technology(the Wright Brothers) as an inspiration to achieving the same out-in-space. It really sounds stupid on your part.

Last time I checked there is no atmosphere nor liquid in space. I guess you love to compare apples and oranges.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Oy vey Bruno...

It DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OUR LIMITATIONS - in knowledge, innovation and even biologically speaking - are with space travel. We are talking about beings that are theoretically more advanced than us, in every respect, possibly even biologically. The smartest people on this planet regularly theorize about alien life and how they could visit us. I am not alone. You are simply NOT GETTING IT.

The fact that you can't imagine an alien race that haven't created space traveling technology and even aging is amazing to me. Intelligence is nothing without perspective and imagination. You live in a very tiny world.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

Because of the progressing socially acceptable thoughts and actions that have grown and been warped by governments and their people. The division between acceptable thoughts has grown so finely that an entire nation may undoubtedly believe in god with no more evidence than a fabricated book, while a small group of people who believe in intellectual life on other planets with a thousand lifetimes worth of evidence are ridiculed for having such "farfetched" ideas. That's the 20th century for ya.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiretolive
reply to post by kevbrownuk

Because of the progressing socially acceptable thoughts and actions that have grown and been warped by governments and their people. The division between acceptable thoughts has grown so finely that an entire nation may undoubtedly believe in god with no more evidence than a fabricated book, while a small group of people who believe in intellectual life on other planets with a thousand lifetimes worth of evidence are ridiculed for having such "farfetched" ideas. That's the 20th century for ya.

It really amazes me. If we weren't so indoctrinated, the idea of not only intelligent life being outside of our planet, but being everywhere outside of our planet, and that it might casually swing by us (remote satellite or first-hand)... really would not be that odd. In fact, it would be more odd that that wouldn't take place. But we're so warped, that we can't even see the evidence for what it is!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I can't imagine why they're ridiculed. Maybe when you get UFO believers like this, putting videos on YouTube?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It really amazes me. If we weren't so indoctrinated, the idea of not only intelligent life being outside of our planet, but being everywhere outside of our planet, and that it might casually swing by us (remote satellite or first-hand)... really would not be that odd. In fact, it would be more odd that that wouldn't take place. But we're so warped, that we can't even see the evidence for what it is!

Intelligent life outside our planet?
The numbers suggest that there should be.
But 2 huge factors have to be factored into the debate..........that the intelligent life on the other planets live at the same time as us humans.......and there is no escaping the vast vast distances even to our nearest neighbouring star.
So would aliens "casually" swing by...............I very much doubt it.
Yes "aliens" could well thousand of years ahead of us.........so we can't predict what they are capable of........but I'd bet my bottom dollar that no single alien could lift up the planet Earth on his soulders like Atlas...........so the point I'm getting at is no matter how advanced they may be........ they STILL would be limited by the natural laws of the Universe.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Intelligent life outside our planet?
The numbers suggest that there should be.
But 2 huge factors have to be factored into the debate..........that the intelligent life on the other planets live at the same time as us humans.......and there is no escaping the vast vast distances even to our nearest neighbouring star.
So would aliens "casually" swing by...............I very much doubt it.
Yes "aliens" could well thousand of years ahead of us.........so we can't predict what they are capable of........but I'd bet my bottom dollar that no single alien could lift up the planet Earth on his soulders like Atlas...........so the point I'm getting at is no matter how advanced they may be........ they STILL would be limited by the natural laws of the Universe.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

Totally agree ! But there are other factors.

-We see evidence of flying crafts that escape natural/man made explanation. And evidence that governments have covered this evidence up/distorted it/buried it/etc. I realize you and I disagree about how overwhelming this evidence is, but I think it's quite overwhelming.
-The VASTER space and time, the VASTER the possibilities are for ET life. You only need .00000001% of ALLLLL the ET life out there to have visited Earth. The same things that challenge space travel are the same things that make the variety and prevalence of ET life likely.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

-We see evidence of flying crafts that escape natural/man made explanation. And evidence that governments have covered this evidence up/distorted it/buried it/etc. I realize you and I disagree about how overwhelming this evidence is, but I think it's quite overwhelming.

Sure many people claim to see craft defying earthly explanation, but then again the U2 and the SR-71 Blackbird reached speeds and altitudes never previously known........ back in as early as the 60s and were often reported as UFOs.
In 40 years time I'm pretty confident that some super secret craft flying and tested today will be revealed.
People will often describe "craft" as not of this Earth..........because of its speed, size or manouvers........the problem with that is many observers won't be able to accurately judge speed or size in the sky.
i.e something that appears huge and far away..........may well be much closer and smaller.
Besides in accurate reporting, just like the U2 and SR-71..........just because they flew much faster and higher than anything else around doesn't mean it is not man made.
The other thing is size..........even if craft are actually the huge sizes that some observers report, that doesn't mean they aren't man made..........indeed some who claim to have some inside knowledge (Although it's not the best quality information source! UFO Hunters tv program!) say that the US millitary is currently testing huge troop carriers so that they can get massive troop numbers abroad quickly) (Again just hearsay.......but it matches what I've long thought could be happening)

As for unexplained phenomena...........lots of natural phenomena are being discovered this very day........so just because we currently can't explain some lights in the sky doesn't mean it's ET.
Manouverability is also often cited as to why these can't possibly be human made craft as pilots would not survive the G forces involved........but again these could easily be explained by unmanned remotely controlled aircraft...........and hey perhaps some government has a secret anti G force device that it is currenttly testing.

So to me "unexplain" doesn't mean evidence of ET........it merely means there are secret craft flying in the skys that may be revealed to the public several decades later.......or some that will never be revealed to the public.
Natural phenomena is an ongoing process.......... man has been on this Earth for a couple of billion years but even today we are contantly learning about newly discovered Earthly phenomena........no doubt in 100 years time we will STILL be learning new things about the Earth.........so once again "Unexplained"........doesn't necessarily mean ET.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Sure many people claim to see craft defying earthly explanation, but then again the U2 and the SR-71 Blackbird reached speeds and altitudes never previously known........ back in as early as the 60s and were often reported as UFOs.
In 40 years time I'm pretty confident that some super secret craft flying and tested today will be revealed.
People will often describe "craft" as not of this Earth..........because of its speed, size or manouvers........the problem with that is many observers won't be able to accurately judge speed or size in the sky.
i.e something that appears huge and far away..........may well be much closer and smaller.
Besides in accurate reporting, just like the U2 and SR-71..........just because they flew much faster and higher than anything else around doesn't mean it is not man made.
The other thing is size..........even if craft are actually the huge sizes that some observers report, that doesn't mean they aren't man made..........indeed some who claim to have some inside knowledge (Although it's not the best quality information source! UFO Hunters tv program!) say that the US millitary is currently testing huge troop carriers so that they can get massive troop numbers abroad quickly) (Again just hearsay.......but it matches what I've long thought could be happening)

As for unexplained phenomena...........lots of natural phenomena are being discovered this very day........so just because we currently can't explain some lights in the sky doesn't mean it's ET.
Manouverability is also often cited as to why these can't possibly be human made craft as pilots would not survive the G forces involved........but again these could easily be explained by unmanned remotely controlled aircraft...........and hey perhaps some government has a secret anti G force device that it is currenttly testing.

So to me "unexplain" doesn't mean evidence of ET........it merely means there are secret craft flying in the skys that may be revealed to the public several decades later.......or some that will never be revealed to the public.
Natural phenomena is an ongoing process.......... man has been on this Earth for a couple of billion years but even today we are contantly learning about newly discovered Earthly phenomena........no doubt in 100 years time we will STILL be learning new things about the Earth.........so once again "Unexplained"........doesn't necessarily mean ET.

Well I just plain disagree. I know of all these issues/explanations. And I've thought about it and researched it a ton. There are too many amazing cases with amazingly credible witnesses for me to believe it's all man made or new natural phenomenon. And I know about Earthquake Lights and Ball Lightning! We could discuss individual cases at length, but I don't have the time or energy. It's not just the UFOs themselves, but the whistle blowers and all that jazz, that go with it. It's so much bigger than military crafts and weird weather... in my opinion. So much bigger.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well I just plain disagree. I know of all these issues/explanations. And I've thought about it and researched it a ton. There are too many amazing cases with amazingly credible witnesses for me to believe it's all man made or new natural phenomenon..

Too many amazing cases?

I've heard a small number of cases that sound incredible.........but when investigated in more detail the cases tend to fall apart.......or the evidence isn't backed up.

Tell me which cases you think stand up to scrutiny?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join