It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

Originally posted by ConspiracyReally
Oy vey, the ignorance!

Do your homework, skeptics.

Many UFO skeptics:
(A) Believe everything the mainstream media and government has told them about UFOs
(B) Don't actively research the phenomenon
(C) Use psychological analysis to debunk the believers

Those who've actually done the grueling research, though, know that it is IGNORANCE and MYTHS and ILLOGICAL ASSUMPTIONS that lead you to believe that all UFOs are fake or natural or man-made, and that UFO believers are misguided!

I'VE done the research. It's not because I have to explain everything, or am prone to fantasies that I believe in UFOs. Now I don't jump to conclusions on whether or not they're manned, remotely or directly, by Gray Aliens... but I'm sure they are intelligently controlled, and not of this world/dimension.

Again:
A) The likelihood that life is FLOWING through our universe and even solar system is actually very high. I mean common sense tells you this. It's only because we don't have proof of advanced extra terrestrial life, or that it's been hidden from us, that we can't conclude it. Not because - statistically - it's improbable. The stats that say it's improbable are based on what current mankind can accomplish in space. SILLY!
B) Of course many UFOs are hoaxed, or natural, or man made. That does not mean the UFO phenomenon is not real.
C) High-ranking, highly-credible SOURCE AFTER SOURCE AFTER SOURCE - including NINE, I repeat NINE NASA astronauts - have claimed the phenomenon is not only real, but extraterrestrial, and that the government and media are LYING about it. If you know how disinformation and propaganda work, then you really can unravel the mystery a bit. It's the same thing they do with any secret - like the harmfulness of marijuana and the harmessness of cigarettes (only just recently are people being properly educated on these things)!
D) If you let go of your assumptions on what alien or inter-dimensional intelligence would look or act like, and you just look at the phenomenon for what it is, you'll probably conclude - like I have - that the government doesn't know what's going on and that's why they don't acknowledge it.
E) REMEMBER - the father of ufology was originally hired by the US government to investigate UFOs. He's the one that determined the investigation was only meant to undermine/discredit the phenomenon, and that indeed it was real.

Thought experiment:
The vaster the universe --> the vaster the distances of space --> the vaster the possibilities for intelligent life

The smaller the universe --> the smaller the possibilities for intelligent life --> the smaller the distances of space

By saying the universe is too vast for anyone to get here, you are also saying the possibilities for TONS of advanced life to exist. And you only need 1% of that population of advanced life to have visited Earth ONE time for ET visitation to be real. You follow?

By the way, a journalist friend of mine had a candid conversation with a NASA astronaut - not sure which one, not one of the famous ones - and was told... that indeed... they are watched, not messed with, but watched in space.
edit on 15-6-2012 by ConspiracyReally because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter how vast the universe is. Its doesn't matter how many "beings" exist. And also the term constantly being used by you people : "advanced". Why in the world would you use the term advanced beings when you have no clue. All beings , including us , have to master the laws of space travel that are the same for everyone(every being). Do you know how freakin impossible they are to achieve?!?!

And stop with the dam astronauts already.

You're rambling about stuff that hasn't even really been brought up. I'm only bringing up the vastness of the universe, because that is what is USED to debunk the likelihood that aliens could visit. When it actually contradicts that conclusion...

I honestly don't think you're following me...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I have to stop you right their. It has everything to do with gullible ,ignorant faithfully blinded people. One cannot do any research on aliens because there is no material to research. Only science fiction.

What high ranking officials?
What 9 astronauts?

Do you know them? Personally?

Do you know if they are truly high ranking officials or astronauts.

Are you some expert on lying?

I find extremely ODD that an astronaut would say another being (other than human) has mastered "space travel".

I don't care who goes on records about stating UFO's are real. Duhhhhh,,,, everyone here is aware ufo's are real. The problem here is many(including YOU) assume some or all of these UFO's are alien related. Which is totally ridiculous.

Where in the world did you get the term : "highly intelligent space travel masters"???????
That's is the most absurd term ever. There is no such thing . And no one knows that. You know why? Because you haven't done thorough research on the "difficulties of space travel". You people just assume some imaginary being figured it out and is currently taxing around your neck of the woods.

There is only ONE freakin way alien presence would be universally accepted. A massive alien craft would have to be parked above time square for a full month. That's it .

So take all your cheap ufo sites(especially texasufosightings) and throw them in the back burner. Your case sucks

Stop me right there, as in not pay attention to A WORD that I posted??? Everything claimed in that "cheap UFO site" is verified by mainstream, completely credible sources. I know, because I wrote it. There is an overwhelming case. Is there still worthy debate around it? Absolutely. But to say UFO believers are gullible and ignorant and stupid is just plain WRONG.

When did I EVER say aliens? Flying phenomenon that are clearly not made by nature or man exist. What they are? I don't know. It's not unreasonable to suspect something extraterrestrial. That's where the alien - THEORIZING - comes into play.

And you find it extremely ODD that an astronaut would say those things? Why? Because they HAVE! From that cheap UFO site:
Edgar Mitchell, NASA astronaut: "I've talked with people of stature-of military and government credentials and position-and heard their stories, and their desire to tell their stories openly to the public. And that got my attention very, very rapidly.... The first hand experiences of these credible witnesses that, now in advanced years are anxious to tell their story, we can't deny that, and the evidence points to the fact that Roswell was a real incident, and that indeed an alien craft did crash, and that material was recovered from that crash site."
Gordon Cooper, NASA astronaut: “I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets—which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on earth.”
Scott Carpenter, NASA astronaut: "At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."
Eugene Cemen, NASA astronaut: "I've been asked (about UFOs) and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization"
Cady Coleman, NASA astronaut: "Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions."

You said "when did I say aliens" and "Clearly"???

How on earth do you know flying phenomenons are not man-made???

Have you ever designed a flying object???

Are you an aeronautical/space engineer???

Did you interview them(the astronauts)? No you didn't. I read and watch all of your interviews and not once were they asked the correct question. Not once did they say anything with a definitive view that aliens do exist in our atmosphere. Being an astronaut for NASA is not the pinnacle. Astronauts are employees of a much bigger agenda (machine). Drop the astronauts , they are holding you down.

Stop taking people's word for it and study the difficulties of space travel. Ask them that, ask them how difficult it is to travel in space. Not orbit!, travel in space. Research that!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Did you interview them(the astronauts)? No you didn't. I read and watch all of your interviews and not once were they asked the correct question. Not once did they say anything with a definitive view that aliens do exist in our atmosphere. Being an astronaut for NASA is not the pinnacle. Astronauts are employees of a much bigger agenda (machine). Drop the astronauts , they are holding you down.

Stop taking people's word for it and study the difficulties of space travel. Ask them that, ask them how difficult it is to travel in space. Not orbit!, travel in space. Research that!

Your conclusion should be that we don't know if true-blue UFOs (meaning not natural or man made) exist. Not that they don't exist or aren't alien. I could ask you the exact same questions. I have studied the phenomenon IN DEPTH.

My blog is mostly me DEBUNKING UFO videos and photos. People see a star that's suddenly bright one month, and think it's a UFO. Or they mistake an RC plane for alien visitation. I know what I'm talking about. Beyond getting some sort of certificate in aviation, I try to learn as much as I can, and I rely on experts when I can't. Just because the UFO phenomenon is not easily explained or chalked up to Gray Aliens, does not mean it is not real, or extraterrestrial. It's YOUR assumptions of what alien life would be like that cloud your judgement on this topic.

I interview UFO witnesses - from regular Joe's to military-trained people - constantly. I haven't been able to update the blog recently, but when I was updating it, I was CONSTANTLY talking to people who saw local UFOs - and they ranged from - again, people like you and me, to expert pilots.

You are just talking in circles and honestly aren't all that logical in your "flaming." You really don't know what you're talking about.

It's your sort of attitude that inhibits any real progress being made into this field. For example, why don't we understand earthquake lights? Because the UFO community is the only one who noticed them for a while. I saw them with my own two eyes on a live volcano cam. Pretty incredible. What hovers in the sky for hours and then disappears and then appears again and then zooms in and out of an erupting volcano? www.theufoinquirer.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk

Then 1 year ago, I had the best UFO encounter of my life with the same friend, my little brother and 2 other good friends who were skeptics as well. We saw this huge triangle craft, bigger then the house, maybe bigger then 2-3 houses together, completly silent, moving above us in a no cloud sky just after dusk. Wish we could filmed it but we were in awe the ~7 seconds we saw this thing move above us...

So it was a big triangular object that moved silently............but in what way does this suggest that this was an "alien" craft??

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It has ZERO to do with being gullible. It has to do with doing thorough research - not just into photo and video and radar and on and on evidence of UFOs - but into high-ranking officials, including NINE NASA astronauts, who've gone on record to say the phenomenon is real and being lied about.

Who are these NINE NASA astronaughts exactly..........and what do they actually say?

Quotes would be nice!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by skywalk

Then 1 year ago, I had the best UFO encounter of my life with the same friend, my little brother and 2 other good friends who were skeptics as well. We saw this huge triangle craft, bigger then the house, maybe bigger then 2-3 houses together, completly silent, moving above us in a no cloud sky just after dusk. Wish we could filmed it but we were in awe the ~7 seconds we saw this thing move above us...

So it was a big triangular object that moved silently............but in what way does this suggest that this was an "alien" craft??

I want to point out that I personally take the UFOlogy field very seriously and am really open to all explanations. So far in my research I've concluded that a small percentage of UFOs are intelligent, but not man or nature made (or if they are nature made, it's some new natural phenomenon). I also think that those "in the know" are just as clueless as we are, and that's why there's so much secrecy around the topic.

But since I do take the field so seriously, I try hard first to 'debunk' every sighting. That should always be our first inclination. Like the Logical One is doing here. That's the only way to find the real sightings.

I really hate how much either/or, fighting that goes on about this topic. And there absolutely IS disinformation and propaganda around this topic that really cloud it. It's a shame, really.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It has ZERO to do with being gullible. It has to do with doing thorough research - not just into photo and video and radar and on and on evidence of UFOs - but into high-ranking officials, including NINE NASA astronauts, who've gone on record to say the phenomenon is real and being lied about.

Who are these NINE NASA astronaughts exactly..........and what do they actually say?

Quotes would be nice!

I just gave the quotes! Scroll up. On the original ink, there are links to additional astronauts and their reputation as being UFO and even alien believers. A few astronauts are behind disclosure. :-) Again, I only used credible, mainstream sources. www.texasufosightings.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Oy vey, the ignorance!

Skeptics don't need to do homework. Skeptics don't need knowledge, rationality, or intelligence. Why? Skeptics have the majority and social peer pressure on their side.

Atheism these days has become the thing that all the cool kids are doing, ideologically speaking. Ergo, it's socially taboo to disagree with them about pretty much anything. So if an atheist (for which the word "skeptic," is a synonym, almost universally speaking) says that only cranks believe in UFOs, anyone who wants to be (or remain) part of the in crowd will immediately agree.

Skeptics/Debunkers are the only ones standing between your unproven fantasies and reality, without them, all you will be living in ignorance and believe anything.

Atheism only cool kids do it? no, its what logical people who doubts organized religion do it. what..? you want to live in another 2000 yrs of no Science or advancement?

The point is DOUBTING things, ASK Questions! NOT follow like sheep without a frkin proof.
edit on 6/15/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by petrus4

Oy vey, the ignorance!

Skeptics don't need to do homework. Skeptics don't need knowledge, rationality, or intelligence. Why? Skeptics have the majority and social peer pressure on their side.

Atheism these days has become the thing that all the cool kids are doing, ideologically speaking. Ergo, it's socially taboo to disagree with them about pretty much anything. So if an atheist (for which the word "skeptic," is a synonym, almost universally speaking) says that only cranks believe in UFOs, anyone who wants to be (or remain) part of the in crowd will immediately agree.

Skeptics/Debunkers are the only ones standing between your unproven fantasies and reality, without them, all you will be living in ignorance and believe anything.

Atheism only cool kids do it? no, its what logical people who doubts organized religion do it. what..? you want to live in another 2000 yrs of no Science or advancement?

The point is DOUBTING things, ASK Questions! NOT follow like sheep without a frkin proof.
edit on 6/15/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

To me, atheism is a cop out. We should all admit that we don't know jack crap about anything. Life after death, the vast infinity of the universe, what reality looks like without all our little human filters and censors clouding it, what reality IS, what existence IS... all these things are still totally bewildering to even the biggest smarty pants out there. We should be humbled by how little we know. Only .000000000001% of mankind has visited the moon first-hand. We only know about 20% of the species here on Earth, let alone understand our own solar system. Even the stuff we know as facts is so little compared to what all there is to know, and honestly, we probably have it fundamentally wrong, which is why there's so much room for String Theory and similar math. Could someone or something have created life pre or post Big Bang? Not unreasonable to believe that that's true or that that's not true.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I just gave the quotes! Scroll up. On the original ink, there are links to additional astronauts and their reputation as being UFO and even alien believers. A few astronauts are behind disclosure. :-) Again, I only used credible, mainstream sources. www.texasufosightings.com...

The accuracy of Commander Eugene Cernan quote is questionable......

(Extract from James Oberg fax communication)

"from Claire D. Johnson, executive secretary to ex-astronaut Gene Cernan's
>current business enterprise. I had faxed her several questions
>for Cernan regarding the 1973 Los Angeles Times alleged UFO
>quotations.

>Regarding the interview where he supposedly said he believed
>UFOs were alien visitors, "Captain Cernan said it's 'not true',
>or has been misinterpreted." Did Nick Chriss's article
>accurately reflect Captain Cernan's view: "No."

-------------

Edgar Mitchell makes it clear that although he belives in alien UFOs.........he has never seen anything himself that he thinks are alien craft.

-------------

Another Oberg communication which spreads grave doubts about Scott Carpenters quote:

Widespread quotation attributed to NASA's Scott Carpenter:

>"At no time, when the astronauts were in space
>were they alone: there was a constant surveillance
>by UFOs."

>From Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter, December 19, 2001:

>"The quote is absolute hogwash and a blatant lie.
>I never thought it, never said it, and it never
>happened."

So fabricated or twisted quotes from NASA astronaughts aren't exactly strong evidence of alien UFO visitation I'm afraid.

Conspiracy Really..........if you could post a direct quote from a NASA astronaught that can be checked and verified for authenticity regarding first hand UFO sightings, which they thought were of "alien origin".....then I'll be interested to read it.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Your conclusion should be that we don't know if true-blue UFOs (meaning not natural or man made) exist. Not that they don't exist or aren't alien. I could ask you the exact same questions. I have studied the phenomenon IN DEPTH.

My blog is mostly me DEBUNKING UFO videos and photos. People see a star that's suddenly bright one month, and think it's a UFO. Or they mistake an RC plane for alien visitation. I know what I'm talking about. Beyond getting some sort of certificate in aviation, I try to learn as much as I can, and I rely on experts when I can't. Just because the UFO phenomenon is not easily explained or chalked up to Gray Aliens, does not mean it is not real, or extraterrestrial. It's YOUR assumptions of what alien life would be like that cloud your judgement on this topic.

I interview UFO witnesses - from regular Joe's to military-trained people - constantly. I haven't been able to update the blog recently, but when I was updating it, I was CONSTANTLY talking to people who saw local UFOs - and they ranged from - again, people like you and me, to expert pilots.

You are just talking in circles and honestly aren't all that logical in your "flaming." You really don't know what you're talking about.

It's your sort of attitude that inhibits any real progress being made into this field. For example, why don't we understand earthquake lights? Because the UFO community is the only one who noticed them for a while. I saw them with my own two eyes on a live volcano cam. Pretty incredible. What hovers in the sky for hours and then disappears and then appears again and then zooms in and out of an erupting volcano? www.theufoinquirer.com...

Yes I have , and I'll dumb it down for you,,,,,,,,,,3 thing must be mastered by any "Being" to be able to overcome the difficulties of space travel:

1) Lightspeed(at least close to it)< this is only for short distances. Space is so big ,lightspeed is too slow. And when I say lightspeed ,I mean almost accomplishing 186,000 miles per second.

2) EventHorizon/Folding space(controlling wormholes)< this is for long travels. Even though wormholes do exist ,they only exist in the micro world(quantum world). Meaning its pointless to hope,in regards to our capabilities.

3) Lifesupport(stop aging)< even with the first two points ,they are useless without the third. Aging is a huge problem in galactic travels. Even though technically the universe is not infinite , its so massive that one could easily say the universe is infinite. Perfect example is our Voyager probe, that left earth 1977 , and now its leaving our solar system's border. In 35 years of sling shotting thru space it has traveled ONE LIGHT DAY. Get it? So aging for any being in space must be dormant or eliminated completely to travel successfully in hostile space.

*The laws of space travel are same everywhere in space. They don't change. They don't become easier in some pockets and continue to be hostile in the rest.

*Now if any being accomplishes all three ,let alone one of them. "IT" will become God(s) and treat the host planets as ant farms. And that is a fact.

So when you see a ufo on you tube or on your site, ask yourself : Did(could) that accomplish any of those three points. And the answer is always NO.

I talk in circles???. I directly slap you with reality. Its you who is parked in "UFO world".

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The accuracy of Commander Eugene Cernan quote is questionable......

(Extract from James Oberg fax communication)

"from Claire D. Johnson, executive secretary to ex-astronaut Gene Cernan's
>current business enterprise. I had faxed her several questions
>for Cernan regarding the 1973 Los Angeles Times alleged UFO
>quotations.

>Regarding the interview where he supposedly said he believed
>UFOs were alien visitors, "Captain Cernan said it's 'not true',
>or has been misinterpreted." Did Nick Chriss's article
>accurately reflect Captain Cernan's view: "No."

-------------

Edgar Mitchell makes it clear that although he belives in alien UFOs.........he has never seen anything himself that he thinks are alien craft.

-------------

Another Oberg communication which spreads grave doubts about Scott Carpenters quote:

Widespread quotation attributed to NASA's Scott Carpenter:

>"At no time, when the astronauts were in space
>were they alone: there was a constant surveillance
>by UFOs."

>From Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter, December 19, 2001:

>"The quote is absolute hogwash and a blatant lie.
>I never thought it, never said it, and it never
>happened."

So fabricated or twisted quotes from NASA astronaughts aren't exactly strong evidence of alien UFO visitation I'm afraid.

I appreciate the research you've done here... I actually found more quotes than this, but didn't share them on the blog because they had no clear origin and weren't verified. Sorry if I missed follow up to some of these. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders, though, if they were just told to take these sorts of things back. Regardless, there's plenty more besides these, and two NASA astronauts are behind the movement for disclosure and although they haven't seen UFOs in space (apparently) or aliens, they have seen UFOs. And if someone who's been into outer space and pretty much 'seen it all,' still comes to the conclusion that aliens are visiting... that's pretty powerful to me. To me, it says they know how easy it is to keep things of that nature top secret and are suspicious themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes I have , and I'll dumb it down for you,,,,,,,,,,3 thing must be mastered by any "Being" to be able to overcome the difficulties of space travel:

1) Lightspeed(at least close to it)< this is only for short distances. Space is so big ,lightspeed is too slow. And when I say lightspeed ,I mean almost accomplishing 186,000 miles per second.

2) EventHorizon/Folding space(controlling wormholes)< this is for long travels. Even though wormholes do exist ,they only exist in the micro world(quantum world). Meaning its pointless to hope,in regards to our capabilities.

3) Lifesupport(stop aging)< even with the first two points ,they are useless without the third. Aging is a huge problem in galactic travels. Even though technically the universe is not infinite , its so massive that one could easily say the universe is infinite. Perfect example is our Voyager probe, that left earth 1977 , and now its leaving our solar system's border. In 35 years of sling shotting thru space it has traveled ONE LIGHT DAY. Get it? So aging for any being in space must be dormant or eliminated completely to travel successfully in hostile space.

*The laws of space travel are same everywhere in space. They don't change. They don't become easier in some pockets and continue to be hostile in the rest.

*Now if any being accomplishes all three ,let alone one of them. "IT" will become God(s) and treat the host planets as ant farms. And that is a fact.

So when you see a ufo on you tube or on your site, ask yourself : Did(could) that accomplish any of those three points. And the answer is always NO.

I talk in circles???. I directly slap you with reality. Its you who is parked in "UFO world".

You're ridiculous.

(1) First of all, any assumptions we have about anything beyond our own moon, are just that - assumptions. Our ideas of our own solar system and the universe at large are CONSTANTLY changing. We are talking about a universe so vast and so wide that there is no way we can say we understand it definitively. We only went to the moon in the last century!!!!!!!!
(2) You are applying our current theories, ideas, and inventions to beings that would theoretically be hundreds to thousands to millions to billions of years ahead of us. That is ABSURD.

You don't seem to accept how very little we humans know about anything, especially regarding stuff that lurks beyond our moon. We can't even predict the weather accurately.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyReally And if someone who's been into outer space and pretty much 'seen it all,'

I guess you are referring to Mitchell and Cooper.

Yes they have been in space........but let's factor in some reality into the equation........astronauts haven't gone into "outer" space........they have only gone into Earth orbit, and low Earth orbit........which means they haven't really "seen" much as far as "outer" space is concerned.
I would venture that both astronauts would STILL be blown away by the discoveries of deep sea creatures, so again there's plenty that these astronaughts haven't seen.

You could easily turn the argument the other way too.........Buzz Aldrin doesn't think any "aliens" are visiting Earth.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyReally And if someone who's been into outer space and pretty much 'seen it all,'

I guess you are referring to Mitchell and Cooper.

Yes they have been in space........but let's factor in some reality into the equation........astronaughts haven't gone into "outer" space........they have only gone into Earth orbit, and low Earth orbit........which means they haven't really "seen" much as far as "outer" space is concerned.
I would venture that both astronaughts would STILL be blown away by the discoveries of deep sea creatures, so again there's plenty that these astronaughts haven't seen.

You could easily turn the argument the other way too.........Buzz Aldrin doesn't think any "aliens" are visiting Earth.

Well sure you can turn it around!! Officially, he doesn't believe. ; ) Let's just be blunt, though... if you believe UFOs are real and that they COULD be alien, you also believe that there is a massive cover up/conspiracy going on. So that's why these debates sort of get impossible at a certain point. I get that, and that's why honestly I respect anyone's belief or non belief. I hypothesizes some astronauts, not all, know a lot more than the public, and actually are not allowed to talk about it. But maybe they're allowed to talk about OTHER people's sightings, OTHER people's findings, etc. Buzz Aldrin, on that same token, does believe there's a strange monolith on Mars' moon.

My theory on all this is really quite simple:

1 The possibility of aliens just seems inherently LARGE to me. Just look how vast the universe is - it is overwhelming, to the extent I can't even grasp it or understand it. We haven't even discovered 80% of species here on Earth yet! Think what we've yet to discover in our universe, and even in our solar system. And every month, there is new evidence of potential life - from the past or present - in our very own solar system, and new inventions and maths that make further space travel possible. I follow all the latest science stories.

2 The government and media DO use disinformation, propaganda, bribery, murder, you name it, to suppress knowledge. And they've done it successfully throughout history. Not every news story that claims something is a hoax can be trusted, etc...

3 Despite #2, we do have loads of evidence of UFOs that so far have escaped natural and man made explanations. Even the biggest skeptic can usually admit that.

4 If ET life was visiting, or hell even inter dimensional or some other weird energy/life originating from our own planet - who knows - I don't make ANY assumption about what it would look or act like. It is what it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You're ridiculous.

(1) First of all, any assumptions we have about anything beyond our own moon, are just that - assumptions. Our ideas of our own solar system and the universe at large are CONSTANTLY changing. We are talking about a universe so vast and so wide that there is no way we can say we understand it definitively. We only went to the moon in the last century!!!!!!!!
(2) You are applying our current theories, ideas, and inventions to beings that would theoretically be hundreds to thousands to millions to billions of years ahead of us. That is ABSURD.

You don't seem to accept how very little we humans know about anything, especially regarding stuff that lurks beyond our moon. We can't even predict the weather accurately.

Did you read clearly what I posted.?

Constantly Changing??? WTF dude!

Are you saying space is constantly changing for the better? I stated the laws of space travel(which are impossible to master) are the same in the whole universe. There is no easy pockets. No convenient pockets that consist allow novice-physics to work. Get it!

We went to the moon and will stay behind the moon for a freakin long time(don't hold your breath and drop that hope stuff of yours). We(Nasa) hit a wall buddy; or have you not noticed .

There's no ideas or inventions. Its the stark truth. Space travel is impossible. Are you in denial...jesus man!

We do know very little. And we suck at a lot of things. Including understanding our own oceans. But we do know one thing very well(cause we freaking tried it over a dozen times), and thats space travel. We are stuck in our orbit and the best we or anybody can do is send robotic probes. So if one day we are visited by aliens ,it won't be them physically, it would be mechanical(or artificial) robots.

I suggest you read up on P.D. Ouspensky. You might learn something.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You're ridiculous.

Did you read clearly what I posted.?

Constantly Changing??? WTF dude!

Are you saying space is constantly changing for the better? I stated the laws of space travel(which are impossible to master) are the same in the whole universe. There is no easy pockets. No convenient pockets that consist allow novice-physics to work. Get it!

We went to the moon and will stay behind the moon for a freakin long time(don't hold your breath and drop that hope stuff of yours). We(Nasa) hit a wall buddy; or have you not noticed .

There's no ideas or inventions. Its the stark truth. Space travel is impossible. Are you in denial...jesus man!

We do know very little. And we suck at a lot of things. Including understanding our own oceans. But we do know one thing very well(cause we freaking tried it over a dozen times), and thats space travel. We are stuck in our orbit and the best we or anybody can do is send robotic probes. So if one day we are visited by aliens ,it won't be them physically, it would be mechanical(or artificial) robots.

I suggest you read up on P.D. Ouspensky. You might learn something.

I'm done with you. You don't realize how much you contradict your own conclusions.

You, on one hand, say how limited we humans are and how it'll be a while before we go past the moon. Then on the other hand, you say that we've figured out all the laws of the universe already and so anything that goes against that is clearly wrong. And that life that theoretically is hundreds to billions of years ahead of us won't actually be ahead of us in their understanding of the universe and thus their ability to traverse it.

You didn't even understand what I meant about "constantly changing..." space is not constantly changing, as far as we know. Our IDEA of space is.
Just check out the front page from just TODAY alone:
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Because the subject has been grouped together with other subjects like ghosts, bigfoot, hidden treasures and the list goes on and on. My guess is that either those in power have discovered some shocking details to which they have no answers and will go to any length to cover up or there a lots so-called experts who simply use the subject as a way to suck lots of money out of the inquiring public
edit on 15-6-2012 by lme7898354 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
Because the subject has been grouped together with other subjects like ghosts, bigfoot, hidden treasures and the list goes on and on. My guess is that either those in power have discovered some shocking details to which they have no answers and will go to any length to cover up or there a lots so-called experts who simply use the subject as a way to suck lots of money out of the inquiring public
edit on 15-6-2012 by lme7898354 because: (no reason given)

I think it's both!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

My theory on all this is really quite simple:

b]1 The possibility of aliens just seems inherently LARGE to me. Just look how vast the universe is - it is overwhelming, to the extent I can't even grasp it or understand it.

Yes the Universe is unimaginally vast.........and it seems questionable that here on Earth we are the only living things in this vast real estate.........but that in itself is a seperate argument that ET is visiting Earth........indeed the vastness of space makes it more plausable that ET is not visiting.......because there is so much other "Space" for ET to explore in it's own neighbourhood.

2 The government and media DO use disinformation, propaganda, bribery, murder, you name it, to suppress knowledge. And they've done it successfully throughout history.

Yes this is correct.........but that doesn't really further the argument that ET is visiting Earth.

I could just as easily argue that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was the source of all Mothman/ Alien sightings and the government knows about it.........but they are covering up the existence of the Spaghetti monster!

3 Despite #2, we do have loads of evidence of UFOs that so far have escaped natural and man made explanations. Even the biggest skeptic can usually admit that.

I'd say even UFO researchers would admit that most of the "UFO evidence" can be explained by known natural & manmade sources.
There do remain a small core of "evidence" that remains unexplained, this is true.........but unexplained shouldn't really point to "alien" craft........... it simply points to science not yet making the discovery........many natural phenomena like Sprites, elves, & blue jets have only relatively recently discovered.........and their causes are still a bit of a mystery.......as is the recent discovery that some lightning bolts travel upwards into the sky.
So again unexplained need not mean "alien".

4 If ET life was visiting, or hell even inter dimensional or some other weird energy/life originating from our own planet - who knows - I don't make ANY assumption about what it would look or act like. It is what it is.

Whilst noone really can say what "aliens" would look like.........I do find it odd that ET looks more human than almost ever other living thing on this planet.
The chances that an ET that evolved on a planet billions of miles away would have 2 eyes, one mouth, 2 arms 2 legs in exactly the same position as a human being seem pretty implausible.
Why do we never get "evidence" of ET encountering a lion or elephant or shark?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join