It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

I participate in all types of threads. When I encounter a misleading or interesting title,I read it and I give a bit of my abundant logic to the much needed thread(s). And that's my motive. To add logic to these ideas filled with blind faith, hope, and way too much imagination. Its not my fault you people have gone off the rails.

All I care about is logic. Pure logic. And shouting "aliens exist!!!" Is an ignorant statement.

I am here to shake your tree a bit. Why ,,,you can't handle it. You're telling me you're that insecure?

I can handle it - I just don't like to see people lying. You say you are here to debunk illogical threads - yet I see from your post history you only focus on ET's or UFO's - and not much else. Aren't there any other topics that are illogical? Or are UFO's and ET's special for you?
edit on 14-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

You need glasses to read the small print.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyruay
Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much ?

Simple answer.

Most UFO phenomenon is fake, and what phenomenon is real could be explained as occurences having nothing to do with UFOS(alien visitation aside), however because physics is a imperfect science always in continous development, humanity has yet to design adequate instruments that would be capable of explaining some of the more baffling things we experience as phenomenon.

That and because it doesn't pay bills or put food on the table.

Ignorance. People have been mislead, manipulated, and lied to by the media and the government. The evidence that UFOs are intelligently controlled is OVERWHELMING. OVER. WHELMING. It is only when you bring in your own flawed personal assumptions about what non-human intelligent life would be like and what it would be doing on our planet that the possibility seems unlikely.
www.texasufosightings.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Maaaan, Gio, where do you get your stuff from. Delusioned isn't a word. Realise, yes, realise, since we are speaking English, why the hell would I use pseudo English, it's OK for you to use it, but why me? But, I do realise that English isn't your first language. So, I ain't gonna go on about your spelling again.

Gio, why the hell does being English (which I am not by the way - presumptuous. Oh, that figures.
) or Aussie make them or us delusional about alien mythology, and why alien mythology as opposed to other mythology?

What type of UFO's do you "believe in" Gio? And why do you believe in them?
Don't get me started on space travel as you see it, when it's probably nothing of the sort.

Please answer, and perhaps we can get into a more constructive dialogue.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by barmyfluid
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Maaaan, Gio, where do you get your stuff from. Delusioned isn't a word. Realise, yes, realise, since we are speaking English, why the hell would I use pseudo English, it's OK for you to use it, but why me? But, I do realise that English isn't your first language. So, I ain't gonna go on about your spelling again.

Gio, why the hell does being English (which I am not by the way - presumptuous. Oh, that figures.
) or Aussie make them or us delusional about alien mythology, and why alien mythology as opposed to other mythology?

What type of UFO's do you "believe in" Gio? And why do you believe in them?
Don't get me started on space travel as you see it, when it's probably nothing of the sort.

Please answer, and perhaps we can get into a more constructive dialogue.

Don't be so sensitive with the english dialogue,,,lol

And delusioned is a word
howjsay.com...

Depending what site you choose,,,lol,,, no biggie

Brits,Aussie and also Scandinavians have daily ufo claims. Daily,,,its hilarious.

I believe in UFO's. But all UFO's are ALL made by us. Could be certified professionals or pranksters or commoners. If you choose the aliens option then you are delusioned.

I love that word

Let's talk about space travel. What's your take on us mastering it any time soon? Or your imaginary green little men mastering it? Do you think space travel is difficult or likely ?...lol..Let the debate begin

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I believe that UFO believers and people who generally believe in conspiracies, cryptids, ect, are ridiculed not because of their beliefs necessarily but because of some of what is put forward as evidence. On a daily basis I swear I could find a hundred new videos of a so called UFO from somewhere around the world. The problem with this is that these videos are crap and water down the good evidence that we do have that ET's exist. Non believers or people who are apathetic to the entire issue of UFOs see this vast amount of either deliberately faked or easily debunked evidence and see no need to investigate the UFO phenomenon any further. Those of us who are pretty down to earth I think would agree that most of the videos that created (probably roughly 95+%) fall into the category of false evidence and this makes it harder for real evidence to be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

I don't reply on the Alien/UFO/Chem trail forums but i do browse around. It mainly because i don't really believe in those things, now , im not saying they don't exist, but i doubt they are here on earth. Same with chem trail, why bother wasting jet fuel, just infect plants and water, or add into the industrial smoke or something.

Anyway to reply to the Religion aspect. Maybe you are fairly new to ATS but there is always 30 different threads, EVERYDAY debating religion and non religion.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would have to say because 95% or so will believe anything ..

Throw a Frisbee in the air..take a picture...and most of the UFO believers would say wow...that has got to be the clearest UFO picture yet....and then post it with the phrase..debunk this you can't.

These gullible twits are the ones who make this phenomenon a laughing stock.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Throw a Frisbee in the air..take a picture...and most of the UFO believers would say wow...that has got to be the clearest UFO picture yet....and then post it with the phrase..debunk this you can't.

It has ZERO to do with being gullible. It has to do with doing thorough research - not just into photo and video and radar and on and on evidence of UFOs - but into high-ranking officials, including NINE NASA astronauts, who've gone on record to say the phenomenon is real and being lied about. It has to do with realizing how extremely vast the universe is and thus, extremely likely that all varieties of life - from microbes to highly intelligent space travel masters - are all over the place. So, they consider any new UFO photo or video that goes their way. Until something is clearly explained, they'll take it for what it is - a UFO.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
UFOs is something that can not be explained at the current moment, and people don't like that. Most people only like to hear about things that they CAN explain and can easily understand.

People are ignorant, and because they don't understand something, they like to ridicule those that do.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Disinformation. What better place to hide something than right out in the open. All I know is if little 3 foot tall grey men come down, then we have all the proof need they have been here, and we have been lied too. The only question we then need to answer is why we were lied too.

What are the chances that the now infamous "Greys", that have been depicted with such detail, land on planet Earth? I would have to say the chances are 1 in infinity. Unless someone knows more than they have let on. We then only have to question if their intentions are good or evil. Nobody can answer that question for any individual. Just gotta go with your gut feelings.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

A perfect textbook example is the "Baltic Sea UFO". Lots of people were saying back from the beginning that "its probably just a rock formation", but there are the "true believers" who insisted it must be something absolutely and utterly amazing, like an alien spaceship, or maybe, an ancient city (like Atlantis).

The company who made the errrr, "discovery", said 90% of the people who contacted them thought it was a "UFO" - such because if you squint the right way, the rock formation sonar image looks a bit like the Millenium Falcon, a FICTIONAL representation of a spaceship. Are people really that gullible that they believe that real aliens use spaceship designs from Hollywood movies?

Sorry, but as interesting as a discovery of rocks on the bottom of the Baltic Sea may be for a geologist, it is simply NOT RELEVANT to the study of UFOs.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Oy vey, the ignorance!

Do your homework, skeptics.

Many UFO skeptics:
(A) Believe everything the mainstream media and government has told them about UFOs
(B) Don't actively research the phenomenon
(C) Use psychological analysis to debunk the believers

Those who've actually done the grueling research, though, know that it is IGNORANCE and MYTHS and ILLOGICAL ASSUMPTIONS that lead you to believe that all UFOs are fake or natural or man-made, and that UFO believers are misguided!

I'VE done the research. It's not because I have to explain everything, or am prone to fantasies that I believe in UFOs. Now I don't jump to conclusions on whether or not they're manned, remotely or directly, by Gray Aliens... but I'm sure they are intelligently controlled, and not of this world/dimension.

Again:
A) The likelihood that life is FLOWING through our universe and even solar system is actually very high. I mean common sense tells you this. It's only because we don't have proof of advanced extra terrestrial life, or that it's been hidden from us, that we can't conclude it. Not because - statistically - it's improbable. The stats that say it's improbable are based on what current mankind can accomplish in space. SILLY!
B) Of course many UFOs are hoaxed, or natural, or man made. That does not mean the UFO phenomenon is not real.
C) High-ranking, highly-credible SOURCE AFTER SOURCE AFTER SOURCE - including NINE, I repeat NINE NASA astronauts - have claimed the phenomenon is not only real, but extraterrestrial, and that the government and media are LYING about it. If you know how disinformation and propaganda work, then you really can unravel the mystery a bit. It's the same thing they do with any secret - like the harmfulness of marijuana and the harmessness of cigarettes (only just recently are people being properly educated on these things)!
D) If you let go of your assumptions on what alien or inter-dimensional intelligence would look or act like, and you just look at the phenomenon for what it is, you'll probably conclude - like I have - that the government doesn't know what's going on and that's why they don't acknowledge it.
E) REMEMBER - the father of ufology was originally hired by the US government to investigate UFOs. He's the one that determined the investigation was only meant to undermine/discredit the phenomenon, and that indeed it was real.

Thought experiment:
The vaster the universe --> the vaster the distances of space --> the vaster the possibilities for intelligent life

The smaller the universe --> the smaller the possibilities for intelligent life --> the smaller the distances of space

By saying the universe is too vast for anyone to get here, you are also saying the possibilities for TONS of advanced life to exist. And you only need 1% of that population of advanced life to have visited Earth ONE time for ET visitation to be real. You follow?

By the way, a journalist friend of mine had a candid conversation with a NASA astronaut - not sure which one, not one of the famous ones - and was told... that indeed... they are watched, not messed with, but watched in space.
edit on 15-6-2012 by ConspiracyReally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

2001 came on again the other night, and in the beginning when Dr. Floyd is on the space-base in orbit, and some civilians are there and he sits with them and they are grilling him about what was really going on on the moon, and he deflects the conversation by asking the woman to his left how her husband is doing, to which she replies "Oh he is fine he is working on some underwater research in the Baltic." Hmmm maybe Hollywood knows a bit.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyReally

Originally posted by Cyruay
Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much ?

Simple answer.

Most UFO phenomenon is fake, and what phenomenon is real could be explained as occurences having nothing to do with UFOS(alien visitation aside), however because physics is a imperfect science always in continous development, humanity has yet to design adequate instruments that would be capable of explaining some of the more baffling things we experience as phenomenon.

That and because it doesn't pay bills or put food on the table.

Ignorance. People have been mislead, manipulated, and lied to by the media and the government. The evidence that UFOs are intelligently controlled is OVERWHELMING. OVER. WHELMING. It is only when you bring in your own flawed personal assumptions about what non-human intelligent life would be like and what it would be doing on our planet that the possibility seems unlikely.
www.texasufosightings.com...

I'm sorry but I have to stop you right their. It has everything to do with gullible ,ignorant faithfully blinded people. One cannot do any research on aliens because there is no material to research. Only science fiction.

What high ranking officials?
What 9 astronauts?

Do you know them? Personally?

Do you know if they are truly high ranking officials or astronauts.

Are you some expert on lying?

I find extremely ODD that an astronaut would say another being (other than human) has mastered "space travel".

I don't care who goes on records about stating UFO's are real. Duhhhhh,,,, everyone here is aware ufo's are real. The problem here is many(including YOU) assume some or all of these UFO's are alien related. Which is totally ridiculous.

Where in the world did you get the term : "highly intelligent space travel masters"???????
That's is the most absurd term ever. There is no such thing . And no one knows that. You know why? Because you haven't done thorough research on the "difficulties of space travel". You people just assume some imaginary being figured it out and is currently taxing around your neck of the woods.

There is only ONE freakin way alien presence would be universally accepted. A massive alien craft would have to be parked above time square for a full month. That's it .

So take all your cheap ufo sites(especially texasufosightings) and throw them in the back burner. Your case sucks

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auburn2012
UFOs is something that can not be explained at the current moment, and people don't like that. Most people only like to hear about things that they CAN explain and can easily understand.

People are ignorant, and because they don't understand something, they like to ridicule those that do.

No my friend. You and the UFologists are ignorant and lazy. Get off you rectum and study the difficulties of space travel. Not masturbate too all the new planets being discovered on a daily basis.

Most people don't care about your blind faith in whatever that something is. You have no concrete proof of that something.

Understand?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oy vey, the ignorance!

Many UFO skeptics:
(A) Believe everything the mainstream media and government has told them about UFOs
(B) Don't actively research the phenomenon
(C) Use psychological analysis to debunk the believers

Those who've actually done the grueling research, though, know that it is IGNORANCE and MYTHS and ILLOGICAL ASSUMPTIONS that lead you to believe that all UFOs are fake or natural or man-made, and that UFO believers are misguided!

I'VE done the research. It's not because I have to explain everything, or am prone to fantasies that I believe in UFOs. Now I don't jump to conclusions on whether or not they're manned, remotely or directly, by Gray Aliens... but I'm sure they are intelligently controlled, and not of this world/dimension.

Again:
A) The likelihood that life is FLOWING through our universe and even solar system is actually very high. I mean common sense tells you this. It's only because we don't have proof of advanced extra terrestrial life, or that it's been hidden from us, that we can't conclude it. Not because - statistically - it's improbable. The stats that say it's improbable are based on what current mankind can accomplish in space. SILLY!
B) Of course many UFOs are hoaxed, or natural, or man made. That does not mean the UFO phenomenon is not real.
C) High-ranking, highly-credible SOURCE AFTER SOURCE AFTER SOURCE - including NINE, I repeat NINE NASA astronauts - have claimed the phenomenon is not only real, but extraterrestrial, and that the government and media are LYING about it. If you know how disinformation and propaganda work, then you really can unravel the mystery a bit. It's the same thing they do with any secret - like the harmfulness of marijuana and the harmessness of cigarettes (only just recently are people being properly educated on these things)!
D) If you let go of your assumptions on what alien or inter-dimensional intelligence would look or act like, and you just look at the phenomenon for what it is, you'll probably conclude - like I have - that the government doesn't know what's going on and that's why they don't acknowledge it.
E) REMEMBER - the father of ufology was originally hired by the US government to investigate UFOs. He's the one that determined the investigation was only meant to undermine/discredit the phenomenon, and that indeed it was real.

Thought experiment:
The vaster the universe --> the vaster the distances of space --> the vaster the possibilities for intelligent life

The smaller the universe --> the smaller the possibilities for intelligent life --> the smaller the distances of space

By saying the universe is too vast for anyone to get here, you are also saying the possibilities for TONS of advanced life to exist. And you only need 1% of that population of advanced life to have visited Earth ONE time for ET visitation to be real. You follow?

By the way, a journalist friend of mine had a candid conversation with a NASA astronaut - not sure which one, not one of the famous ones - and was told... that indeed... they are watched, not messed with, but watched in space.

It doesn't matter how vast the universe is. Its doesn't matter how many "beings" exist. And also the term constantly being used by you people : "advanced". Why in the world would you use the term advanced beings when you have no clue. All beings , including us , have to master the laws of space travel that are the same for everyone(every being). Do you know how freakin impossible they are to achieve?!?!

And stop with the dam astronauts already.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Oy vey, the ignorance!

Skeptics don't need to do homework. Skeptics don't need knowledge, rationality, or intelligence. Why? Skeptics have the majority and social peer pressure on their side.

Atheism these days has become the thing that all the cool kids are doing, ideologically speaking. Ergo, it's socially taboo to disagree with them about pretty much anything. So if an atheist (for which the word "skeptic," is a synonym, almost universally speaking) says that only cranks believe in UFOs, anyone who wants to be (or remain) part of the in crowd will immediately agree.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Oy vey, the ignorance!

Skeptics don't need to do homework. Skeptics don't need knowledge, rationality, or intelligence. Why? Skeptics have the majority and social peer pressure on their side.

Atheism these days has become the thing that all the cool kids are doing, ideologically speaking. Ergo, it's socially taboo to disagree with them about pretty much anything. So if an atheist (for which the word "skeptic," is a synonym, almost universally speaking) says that only cranks believe in UFOs, anyone who wants to be (or remain) part of the in crowd will immediately agree.

You sound like an ugly milf trying to be cool with her rebellious attractive daughter....(just rambling)

People are skeptic because aliens here on earth ,sound's awfully similar to a movie script. I'm sure you've seen prometheus already?(i didnt and i wont).. Manywent to see it,why? Because they want to see if there perception of aliens could finally change(or would change,,cause at the end of the day its another freakin alien movie,,right?). Which is pathetic. People are totally dependent on what hollywood feeds them. But(if),,Once hollywood (can) activates a realistic POV for the alien's existence , then(only then), would you UFOers be accepted by mainstream perception. Keep your fingers crossed...

In a way UFOers are a lot like the "homosexual front". Eventually the mainstream majority will accept gays as equals. Gays will have there reckoning,,per'se. So would you ,,UFOers. It just takes time. That doesn't mean there is actual aliens mastering space travel and taxing on earth. But the perception is still very weak. And if the majority had my logic your ufo jargon will remain weak. My fight isn't with you UFOers but more with hollywood and the networks.

I still can't understand why so much money is being dumped into creating so many alien propaganda crap when the majority don't care and don't believe in aliens.

But that's another topic entirely.

Ps- please change your avatar or photoshop it. I would rather see a more attractive female alien or with bigger bust...thanks.

Good day

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

I'm sorry but I have to stop you right their. It has everything to do with gullible ,ignorant faithfully blinded people. One cannot do any research on aliens because there is no material to research. Only science fiction.

What high ranking officials?
What 9 astronauts?

Do you know them? Personally?

Do you know if they are truly high ranking officials or astronauts.

Are you some expert on lying?

I find extremely ODD that an astronaut would say another being (other than human) has mastered "space travel".

I don't care who goes on records about stating UFO's are real. Duhhhhh,,,, everyone here is aware ufo's are real. The problem here is many(including YOU) assume some or all of these UFO's are alien related. Which is totally ridiculous.

Where in the world did you get the term : "highly intelligent space travel masters"???????
That's is the most absurd term ever. There is no such thing . And no one knows that. You know why? Because you haven't done thorough research on the "difficulties of space travel". You people just assume some imaginary being figured it out and is currently taxing around your neck of the woods.

There is only ONE freakin way alien presence would be universally accepted. A massive alien craft would have to be parked above time square for a full month. That's it .

So take all your cheap ufo sites(especially texasufosightings) and throw them in the back burner. Your case sucks

Stop me right there, as in not pay attention to A WORD that I posted??? Everything claimed in that "cheap UFO site" is verified by mainstream, completely credible sources. I know, because I wrote it. There is an overwhelming case. Is there still worthy debate around it? Absolutely. But to say UFO believers are gullible and ignorant and stupid is just plain WRONG.

When did I EVER say aliens? Flying phenomenon that are clearly not made by nature or man exist. What they are? I don't know. It's not unreasonable to suspect something extraterrestrial. That's where the alien - THEORIZING - comes into play.

And you find it extremely ODD that an astronaut would say those things? Why? Because they HAVE! From that cheap UFO site:
Edgar Mitchell, NASA astronaut: "I've talked with people of stature-of military and government credentials and position-and heard their stories, and their desire to tell their stories openly to the public. And that got my attention very, very rapidly.... The first hand experiences of these credible witnesses that, now in advanced years are anxious to tell their story, we can't deny that, and the evidence points to the fact that Roswell was a real incident, and that indeed an alien craft did crash, and that material was recovered from that crash site."
Gordon Cooper, NASA astronaut: “I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets—which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on earth.”
Scott Carpenter, NASA astronaut: "At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."
Eugene Cemen, NASA astronaut: "I've been asked (about UFOs) and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization"
Cady Coleman, NASA astronaut: "Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions."

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

Because there isn't a definitive proof that aliens come to Earth.
Because millions says that they saw something in the sky and that is an alien craft from some place of universe... without zero proof to back up his claim
Because anything is "proof" enough to this believers. A blurred pic is enough, an little bright dot in a digital picture is enough, a testimony is enough, rumors is enough... The lack of proof is enough proof of conspiracy

However a person can go to church every day and be considered a devoted Christian. Now this is not a dig at religion or anything from it. It it just really boils my blood that we can be laughed at yet the USA's motto is 'In God We Trust'

Christians or any other religious person believes in god because they want to believe but still there is ZERO proof of its existence.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join