It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents slipped: Baltic Sea UFO a publicity stunt to raise money by the treasure hunters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Someone slipped up when uploading private documents to the Ocean X Team website. Disclose.tv learned today that a simple Google search reveals documents stored on the team’s website that strongly suggest that the Baltic Sea anomaly is nothing more than a publicity stunt to raise money (presumably for the treasure hunters’ other projects). This is a translated paragraph from a Word document located on the Ocean X Team website that Google has indexed and cached: The Ocean X Team will do their utmost to create publicity for the Circle project and thus attracting considerable and valuable media attention, which can be used in advertising. So far, about 700 million viewers around the world have been reached through news broadcasts, Internet-based news outlets not included.

Full story here:

www.disclose.tv...
edit on 10-6-2012 by Terrapop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Wouldn't surprise me. It's commonplace to make events suspenseful to drum up support and interest, especially financially. All of their press releases have been intentionally vague and lacking in detail to avoid any accusations of lying.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
ok, so why wouldn't they want publicity or money for their expenses?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be funny if it just turned out to be a pile of Italian marble or something that was being transported somewhere and just happened to fall into an "interesting configuration" on the sea bed when the ship wrecked?

I would imagine that Star Wars fans were the main victim of this scam, all that talk of a Millenium Falcon lying down there...

Ah well, it sure beat reading that Kim bought Kanye a Lamborghini for his birthday and he may soon be parking his car in her garage.

I saw their "treasure hunting" presentation on youtube btw and for some reason it seemed a bit too spectacular. I didn't trust the guy. I could well be wrong on that but time will tell. And soon!

edit on 10/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

edit on 10/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

This doesn't prove that the circle is just a publicity stunt, only that they want to use it to its full potential to raise money for their other expeditions. They are going to go down there and gather data, so it will become evident soon enough what it is. Since we have the opportunity for real answers, we should wait for them.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Haha look at the them squirm already... "um erm aaahh....it could still be..aliens.."

You believers crack me up.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So their trying to make money, like i said in my prev post, however on their website there isnt an Adsense ad in sight, i think they must be rather dim when it comes to business

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
ok, so why wouldn't they want publicity or money for their expenses?

Of course they want publicity and money. And that's cool. Money makes the world go round. But this stunt, if that's what it really is, has been tailored to the extraterrestrial UFO/USO crowd. Traditionally, a group of people who believe in conspiracy theories, and maybe a little bit on the paranoid side, although a healthy dose of paranoia is not a bad thing (apply tin foil hat). Additionally, this group has been lied to by its government in both imagined and unimagined events and/or history. Further attempts to intentionally deceive them will not be welcomed warmly. The subject of extraterrestrial UFO's is an emotionally charged issue, for both believers and non-believers, regardless of evidence or lack of evidence, science or pseudoscience. Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Interesting. I saw this claim about it being a stunt on another site just the other evening. I wonder if it could be one and the same person/s behind this claim, for I have not yet seen it elsewhere.
In any case, sure, it could be a stunt, but so far the claim of it being such, lacks actual proof, and seem to be more opinionated guesswork than actually supported.
Not to mention, the writer of the linked page writes him/herself that s/he is merely guessing and wonder if this or that could be the case, which it, ofcourse, and as said, could. After all, the world is filled with Hoaxers.

Nonetheless, such a stunt would inevitably be very costly for the guys in question that is supposed to be behind this idea, as everyone knows who they are by now, so it is doutbful that they would be able to sink back into the shadows afterwards as if nothing has happened.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
When investigating a mystery, it is okay to create mystery in The Press. It is not okay to outright lie and to date The Ocean Explorer folks have not lied, yet.

I suspect they will drag it out for all it's worth though as running any expedition has enormous costs. To keep that ship afloat and in "Expedition Mode" is likely costing upwards of 20,000+ per day. Should they get some great press to help with getting investors? YOU BET! Why? They are looking at something we ALL want to see!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Or it's just part of the cover up to lessen public attention

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It may very well be a strawman tatic to cover what was really found. The media now has something to run around with shouting hoax so your average person can feel safe in believing we are still alone. With this kind of publicity I am expecting a 'no comment' next from the divers and crew, but shall wait and see.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
Or it's just part of the cover up to lessen public attention

This is an interesting point, and significantly so!

Looking back to Roswell 1947, it has been "suggested" that the initial headline and press report, "RAAF Captures Flying Saucer on Ranch in Roswell Region," was utilized to draw attention from the more northern and significant crash site.

At first it makes no sense; why say anything at all? But delve deeper into the greater conspiracy and you come to understand the importance and significance of the mis-direction.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What's amazing to me is that there's so much widespread attention given to a circle of BS in the baltic sea under 300 feet of water in the middle of human civilization. We do this even when we're surrounded by a truly massive mystery that sits quiet and patiently: space. We've only sampled one other planet for life and it was only one experiment and really the first of its kind. That was Viking. We're a long long ways from sampling the rest of the planets and comets and asteroids and moons in our single system. And there're potentially a couple billion other earth analogs along with many billions more of earth-like planets in just our Milky Way. There're many comets and asteroids and moons that could also harbor life that're present in each system. A new paper I saw recently claimed there could many more planets inbetween systems that could also have life on them in special circumstances. We're way beyond billions, we're into the trillions! Our galaxy is in a local gorup of galaxies and there're billions of galaxies out there with who knows how many out beyond the observable universe. We could be surrounded by life but we're so invested in our dubious hunts for ET in the baltic sea and in the circle of BS that I have ot wonder if we'll ever survive long enough to find life elsewhere.

We gotta stop wasting time looking or Santa Claus and start being real.
edit on 10-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

What's amazing to me is that there's so much widespread attention given to a circle of BS in the baltic sea under 300 feet of water in the middle of human civilization. We do this even when we're surrounded by a truly massive mystery that sits quiet and patiently: space.

I'd like to expand on this very significant point that you have contributed to the thread. (I'm stealing this next line right out from under you...it's that good!
) We do this even when we're surrounded by a truly massive mystery that sits quiet and patiently: water! Now I don't really think this circle at 300 feet is going to amount to anything extraterrestrial. We wouldn't be told anyways, so it's a moot point, right? But, my point is, we still have so much more exploring to do right here on Earth in our oceans that we're trying to move forward when we haven't even come close to answering questions we have about our own planet, and given the ratio of volume of water to amount of land mass, we should be staying terrestrial instead of extraterrestrial.

I think there is a lot of important exploration we need to start doing right here on Earth. I want to continue exploring space as well. But I think we are short-changing ourselves if we continue to make significant discoveries in space without a more in-depth understanding of our planet, specifically our oceans.

Here's an interesting article about why our oceans are just as important space

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
posted this days ago in the breaking thread

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Here is the 'explorers' motive

A commercial opportunity out of the ordinary.

Ocean X Team has found a disc shaped object on the sea floor at 85 meters depth, but what is it?
Well, we do not know but your company should really not miss the chance of being highlighted in front of hundreds of millions TV-viewers when we found out.

We are also looking for investors who are interested in the object and can see the potential value.
For more information about investment please contact us.
www.oceanexplorer.se...

Whatever happened to that UFO in the great lakes? There was a 'legit' diving team, sonar and future press reports. What happened with that one?

This is most likely a hoax. Next they will be reporting lights, sounds and need more money to buy camera to take photo.

yu-p another Great lakes diving scam.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
How is it a scam? If you take their comments at face value, it sort of proves there IS something there. Trying to generate interest and money from a find isn't a "scam." It would be a scam if it was not really there. From the hidden snippets, it seems that it IS there.

Is the circle something that can be salvaged and which contains monetary value? If the circle is a natural resource, the OX team can not guarantee monetary compensation as it’s located within an economic zone.

That imo, means it is actually there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Note that the English translation carries nuance probably not felt or intended in the original, which apparently just meant to say that they must make efforts to get funding so they can go back and do a proper investigation, which is exactly what we all want.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Haha look at the them squirm already... "um erm aaahh....it could still be..aliens.." You believers crack me up.

i totally missed that.
can you please quote who said that or anything even near that.
coz i sure as s*** didnt see anyone write anything remotely like that.
so go ahead and show me where that was said.
your imagination cracks me up. not.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

All one had to do was 'read-between-the-lines'....

the company already had a multi-person...sight-seeing submarine built to take paying tourists to the seafloor

that 'Sub' likely took a year or two of planning and construction to complete

anyone ho is sitting on the edge of their seat & expecting earth-shaking disclosures is a un-educated fool

enjoy the BS show & know what it is

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join