It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now With Ron Paul Out, I Am Voting OBAMA 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Moyers & Company: Big Money, Big Media, Big Trouble; June 8, 2012

billmoyers.com...

Big money and big media have coupled to create a 'Disney World' of democracy in which TV shows, televised debates, even news coverage is being dumbed down, just as the volume is being turned up. The result is a public certainly more entertained, but less informed and personally involved than they should be, says Marty Kaplan, director of USC's Norman Lear Center and an entertainment industry veteran. This weekend, in an encore broadcast of on Moyers & Company (check local listings), Bill Moyers talks with Kaplan about how taking news out of the journalism box and placing it in the entertainment box is hurting democracy and allowing special interest groups to manipulate the system. "It's all about combat. If every political issue is [represented by] combat between two polarized sides, then you get great television because people are throwing food at each other," Kaplan tells Moyers. "And you have an audience that hasn't a clue at the end of the story, which is why you'll hear, 'Well, we'll have to leave it there.'" "The problem is that there's not that much information out there if you're an ordinary citizen. You can ferret it out, but it ought not be like that in a democracy," Kaplan says. "Education and journalism were supposed to, according to our founders, inform our public and make democracy work."
Duration: 00:52:46 TVG CC STEREO

Marty Kaplan on Big Money’s Effect on Big Media: The Norman Lear Center’s Marty Kaplan says taking news out of the journalism box and placing it in the entertainment box is hurting democracy.

www.BillMoyers.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have never voted for any candidate.

I have always voted against the person or party that favors the corporations over the American, middle class working man. Even so It seems my vote means nothing as the corporations are now people and have pretty much taken control of both parties; able to essentially buy any politician they want, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Be that as it may...I'm going to vote against Romney, just as a matter of principal....Now that Dr. Paul has apparently sided with his GOP roots and abandoned his libertarian brothers.
edit on 10-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Anyone still settling for the lesser of 2 evils, in this day and age, should just get the hell out of this country!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
even though both parties are just a bunch of losers, the Republicans really have become the bottom of the barrel they do nothing but fight. They have not accomplished one thing in government. So I am for Obama just out of hope that something will get done.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I'm more generically concerned rather than a specific issue that would inevitably be revisisted by the Dems if the supreme court grabs a seat or two during an Obama second term. Like Clinton before him, He's shown the distain for the constitution via executive decrees, shadow gov't via "Tsars" appointed directly by Obama.

I love the "my vote doesn't matter" crowd. It's another name for self-disqualification from the process of representative gov't. Thank goodness, imagine the mess if the other 50% voted as well....

Also, to rebut the person who says "anyone who votes for the lesser of two evils should leave the country", perhaps it's you who should consider leaving. Everything on this planet is imperfect. Politically, any move hurts somebody, be it job wise, gov't support wise, security wise, the list is long.

The lesser of two evils, implies one is better, not as bad as the other. If the issues were black and white we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Hello?

Obama gone is job one, in my books. Splitting the vote between Paul as a "write-in",(useless unless you can win a state and recieve electoral college votes) is nothing more than a Ross Perot repeat. I even suspect there are more than a few on these threads that are Dems, professing to be Paul supporters, attempting to split the vote and ensure an Obama re-election.

Just my opinion though, that and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't know how anyone can vote for a party that has deliberately tanked the U.S. Economy in order to embarrass the Obama Administration.

Obama might not be the perfect candidate for everyone, but he sure is the BETTER choice out of Obama and Romney.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Point well taken but BHO is a part of the NWO....and, furthermore, if truth be known, an illegitimate president. Romney is the least invidious choice. I see nothing potentially sinister in the man. Bain Capital is not the modern day equivalent of the Robber Barons but they did put unprofitable businesses out of commission. One can argue that what we need in Washington is someone to come in and clean house in government. He cant fire elected officials but he can scale down the levels of government bureaucracy and might be the best bet in lowering the deficit. Given four more years and this country will likely have passed the point of no return (not that far away).

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

How is he an "illegitimate" president?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I applaud you for being honest enough to admit you support Romney.

But, as a matter of point, Bain Capital also routinely closed profitable businesses as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Thats all well and good, but NONE of your post even began to address my question, which was: "What specific issues do you think a Romney-appointed member of the Supreme Court would support that you would favor?"

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"What specific issues do you think a Romney-appointed member of the Supreme Court would support that you would favor?"

None

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It certainly makes no sense given that you are a Paul supporter that you'd vote for Obama, the two are completely seperate. Why not write in Paul's name like many of his supporters? There's nothing wrong with writing in candidates come election day, this is what I'm doing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I for one am not going to be put in the position of which poison arsenic or cyanide. I say neither. Gary Johnson who is the candidate for the Libertarians is on the ballot for all 50 states. I was a state delegate for Ron Paul but after the shock I have regrouped and decided to campaign for Gary Johnson. If we had not been blind sided by the Ron Paul momentum he would have been looked at as a more viable candidate in the beginning. We have all discussed for sometime that we need a 3rd party and this has given us this opportunity like nothing else ever could. This is the time for us to unite and not scatter the way they want us too. It has been about the power of the people and this has freed us up to become stronger in defiance. Say no to the NWO and say yes to Gary Johnson.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

OK, there is nothing in particular outside the usual questions. Roe vs Wade, increasing gun control , continued Obama-care issues, immigrantion issues, marriage issues, ad nausem. The only reason I listed them is a general feeling most of these have gone too far left. As my mind is set on these, generally, I'm not interested in any point by point debate and won't respond to any regarding these.
Some of these have sat on hold, so to speak, for a more "favorable court". Each side operates similarly. As I'm not privy to any specific plans, my view is a general statement rather than issue specific. Bottem line I prefer a more traditional nation than a virtual anything goes...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ill vote Gary Johnson............
edit on 10-6-2012 by avatard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
While driving you approach a fork in the road and the sign reads: "Romney Keep Right, Obama Keep Left" Which direction do you go?

Straight into the damn sign.

We're screwed.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Let me translate.

I'm mad my guy didn't get nominated. In retaliation I'm going to act like a 2 year old and vote for the other guy out of spite EVEN THOUGH I agree he has been terrible and has gone to great measure to reduce American liberties.

I hope not all Paulites are as childish as you.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

What... you can't respond to my comment?

I don't know what kind of cards you are playing here, but I suggest folding. I'm not going to rant, although I should and deny your ignorance, or bring to light your allegiances to an indoctrinated paradigm that only aims at bring subservience to the masses.

All I'm saying... is that you are incredibly wrong, and your approach is incredibly dangerous.

I'm honestly sitting here, reading your comments, and wondering exactly who you work for! This is coming from someone who continually debunks conspiracy theories, and find that most perceptions of such as strongly based on ignorance and a lack of understanding.

So... cmon now, deny my ignorance.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
NEVER was there a better time for a third party candidate. Check out Gary Johnson. He's a lot like Ron Paul without the religious issues, or the crotchety old man voice, or the weird kid that just endorsed Fake Cop Bully Boy Romney.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

One Ron Paul supporter to another, I'll probably be voting for Obama as well. I can't see sitting home not voting, and the last thing I can do is vote for an establishment Republican. Rand Paul has burnt a bridge for me, so it will likely affect my voting in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join