It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossad Agents Claim Obama Lying About Stuxnet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
story from Breitbart
by Joel B. Pollak

Oh No You Didn't: Mossad Agents Claim Obama Lying About Stuxnet

In response to White House "leaks" about the Stuxnet computer virus allegedly being a joint effort by U.S. and Israeli developers, some Israeli "officials" are now claiming that The Obama Administration is attempting to somehow "take credit" or at least partial credit as a "re-election" tactic to make himself look good as well as being "active" against Iran.

The leaks concerning Stuxnet have possibly placed Israeli agents in danger, as well as serving as "confirmation" that Israel did in fact launch a cyber attack against Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program.

Strange argument.

Many people always thought that Israel was acting alone with Stuxnet.

the Breitbart story:

Israeli officials who were placed at risk by the Obama administration's leaks about the Stuxnet virus are disputing American claims that the cyber-weapon was jointly developed by the U.S. and Israel. Rather, they say, Israeli intelligence first started developing cyberspace warfare against Iran, only convincing the U.S.--with some difficulty--to join in. The Israelis allege that President Barack Obama claimed credit for Stuxnet to boost his re-election campaign.

The source for the new claim is Yossi Melman, a journalist for Israel's left-wing Ha'aretz daily (via Israel Matzav):

The Israeli officials actually told me a different version. They said that it was Israeli intelligence that began, a few years earlier, a cyberspace campaign to damage and slow down Iran’s nuclear intentions. And only later they managed to convince the USA to consider a joint operation — which, at the time, was unheard of. Even friendly nations are hesitant to share their technological and intelligence resources against a common enemy...

Yet my Israeli sources understand the sensitivity and the timing of the issue and are not going to be dragged into a battle over taking credit. “We know that it is the presidential election season,” one Israeli added, ”and don’t want to spoil the party for President Obama and his officials, who shared in a twisted and manipulated way some of the behind-the-scenes secrets of the success of cyberwar.”

The Obama administration's pattern of leaks to mainstream media outlets--of which the Stuxnet virus is only one example--prompted bipartisan outrage from Congress and the appointment of two special prosecutors. While the leaks jeopardized U.S. national security--allegedly for the political purpose of burnishing President Obama's image as commander-in-chief--they may also have been exaggerated, if the new reports from Israel are accurate.

Oh No You Didn't: Mossad Agents Claim Obama Lying About Stuxnet

the Yossi Melman story from June 3rd: Suggests that the Bush Administration was involved:

Well-informed Israeli security and intelligence officials responded with a smile and a pinch of verbal salt, when asked about Confront and Conceal: Obama’s Secret Wars and Surprising Use of American Power the book coming out (this coming week) by David Sanger, The New York Times reporter.

In his book Sanger argues that it was an American idea to attack Iranian nuclear installations with sophisticated and clandestine cyberspace warfare – planting viruses and worms in Iran’s computers. According to the writer, the operation — code-named ”Olympic Games” — was initiated in 2007 by the Bush administration and sped up under President Obama. In an excerpt adapted from his book by the Times, Sanger wrote that only at a later stage were Israeli intelligence experts and computer wizards were brought in and joined forces.

The Spin about Centrifuges: Let America Take Credit For Delaying Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions
Blame Bush, or give Bush credit ?

the Israel Matzav story June 10th:

A group of Mossad agents speaking with Haaretz's Yossi Melman on condition of anonymity have said that the Mossad - and not the Bush administration - developed Stuxnet, and that President Obama is now trying to take credit for it in a bid to help his reelection campaign (Hat Tip: MFS - The Other News via Atlantic Wire). Please recall the David Sanger piece in the New York Times about Stuxnet, which I blogged last week, which claimed that the Bush administration had begun developing Stuxnet, that President Obama had ordered it accelerated, and that Israel had only joined in later.

Mossad: 'Stuxnet is our baby; Obama disclosed it for his reelection campaign'

the Haaretz article June 1st:

Shortly after taking office in 2009, U.S. President Barack Obama secretly ordered sophisticated attacks on the computer systems that control Iran's nuclear enrichment facilities, the New York Times reported.

According to the report, Obama decided to expand attacks that had begun during the George W. Bush administration.

Report : U.S. President Obama secretly ordered cyber attacks on Iran's nuclear program

I'm finding nothing from "official" Israeli Government "officials"

Was Stuxnet a joint Israeli / U.S. program ?

edit on Jun-10-2012 by xuenchen because: how 'bout the
"Flame Virus"

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yr. Like the Breitbart article clearing house on ATS.

Second.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So basically, they admit Israel was involved. It was not really a surprise, the attacks were against Iran and other middle-eastern nations. Uh... who else would have been that into taking out their nuclear programs besides Israel and then, in second place, the U.S.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
AFAIC Israel can have ALL the credit for creating this virus.

The families of the dead caused by it in Iran and Japan send their regards

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Oh, yeah! I believe the Mossad and the NYT about as much as I believe the current administration about anything. Let's see: tthe Mossad doesn't like Obama and they have their people talk to other people some of which are the NYT. What they charge puts Obama on the fence because there is no way he can refute the story without him saying more about the whole situiation in effect revealing even more secrets.

It's a Mossad, "Gottcha" moment.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The Israelis allege that President Barack Obama claimed credit for Stuxnet to boost his re-election campaign

There is no allege there Obama took credit for a poll bounce, and left an "ally" blowing in the wind.

When it comes to national security doesn't mean anything/ as long as Obama gets what Obama wants.

Edit to add:

Seems Obama lost support from :www.israelnationalnews.com... and it looks like he will lose more after this.
edit on 10-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Americans have been dying for Israel for 30 years now. Jews have made it our patriotic duty to weaken Israel's neighbors. And when a #ty computer virus zaps Ahmadinejad's inbox we still get no credit. Is the Jew getting greedy?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Bumping this thread back up for something occurred to me, rather watching Rumsfeld on Lou Dobbs.

Flame was launched under the Bush Adminstration and operation olympic games started under Bush,

Stuxnet was launched a few years after flame did it's deed.

Flame was a recon program so that Stuxnet would know what to target, so by Obama taking credit for things he did not do yet again.

Now as to those leaks the persons responsible should be sitting in a prison cell right next to Manning, and yet they will not be.

It is infuriating at the level of double standards and duplicity that some people always get away with.
edit on 11-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

There is no allege there Obama took credit for a poll bounce, and left an "ally" blowing in the wind.

Let me see if I am reading you correctly......

Israel committed an act of War, and you are angry with Obama for his so called attempt, at sharing credit for it.

And your anger lies with Obama?

Not the country who committed the act of terrorism.

Very interesting point of view.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by neo96

Let me see if I am reading you correctly......

Israel committed an act of War, and you are angry with Obama for his so called attempt, at sharing credit for it.

And your anger lies with Obama?

Not the country who committed the act of terrorism.

Very interesting point of view.

For those who were paying attention that "act of war" was launched by Bush and Obama and now lying about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think I get it now. Obama doesn't say yes fast enough to AFAIC, he says yes but Romney will say yes faster.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I knew Stuxnet was a tactical operation by an intelligence agency.

Maybe CIAnon(fake anon) and Wikileaks.gov are ops too?

new topics

top topics

join