It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Moore played guitar.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Robert William Gary Moore (4 April 1952[1] – 6 February 2011), was a Northern Irish musician, most widely recognised as a blues singer and guitarist.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You know sometimes after seeing so many animals dressed up as people, you can lose sight of humanity.
This kind of music tends to make me realize once again, how nice it is to be human.
And to be affected by things that are not just of an animal nature.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Nice to see another fan here..

Gary Moore is/was my hero for years....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ah wow man,Gary Moore played guitar !!

you're right he did.

In fact he was one of the greats.Along with Peter Green he is,to my mind,the best blues guitarist to come from the UK.

Before someone points to Thin Lizzy I know he was more hard rock at first.I discovered GM in the mid 80's when he was releasing reak good Hard Rock albums like Nowhere to Run and After the War.He was acclaimed as a great player then,which he was but it's when he released Still Got The Blues in 1990 that i truly realised how great he was.

I heard the song 'Pretty Woman' and had to get thd album as soon as it was released.

He's got that kind of explosive yet fluent and seamless attack to the blues not heard since Jimi Hendrix,more so than SRV to my mind.

I know my opinion will be contreversial but when I include Page as being blues player though I do Clapton.lol.

Peter Green and GM had there own unique individual blues style,as did Rory Gallagher I thosmd three though rated aren't rated anywhere as high as the deserve.

Some peoples death just shocks and saddens you more than you expected it would.

Gary Moore's hit me hard.

It also mean's I'll never see him play live now,thought there was a lifetime to do that.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I've never been a fan, even though I appreciate it....more into Van Halen type gutiar

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ah now Eddie Van H theres another man I absölutely rate and a true innovator who created a new style of playing spawned a generation of imitaters.

Their debut album is classic

join