It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

If you want others to "Deny Ignorance"; CONSIDER THIS..

page: 1
14
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have only been a member here for a few days, but I am no stranger to the world of "truth seeking." Not only have I lurked around this site, off and on, for years.. I have also been highly involved in other such websites.

One of the biggest reasons I had for not signing up here sooner was because of the HIGH number of you on ATS who hold yourselves above others.

Instead of welcoming new members, and being considerate... teaching them a thing or two... many of you throw around passive-aggressive insults and shame them for being "ignorant", "undercover" or a downright nuisance.

I dare say that the majority of people who sign up here have a SINCERE desire to learn, gain understanding, and perhaps even make a friend or two along the way..

I've been keeping check on the daily stats of this site, and at any given moment, there are 2,000-5,000 GUESTS here.. reading this site, and I'll bet the bottom dollar that plenty of them feel the same way as I have; apprehensive to get involved because of the harshness many of you exhibit.

Me, I'm a tough lassie, so I can handle it without turning away so easily -- but what is that to say about the other 2,000+ guests who would probably also like to get involved and learn? This site would be rolling even more than it is now if more of you would welcome new members.

You claim to want to see change in the world, you want others to "deny ignorance", you want the average to "wake up" and become more aware........but you don't want to help them reach that point.

With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
The responsibility to teach others who aren't as knowledgeable on your area(s) of expertise, and show compassion along the way.

Your "knowledge" is absolutely worthless if you refuse to share it and put it to good use.

/rant




posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
All I can say is welcome to the internet. There are trolls and shills abound, along with genuinely nice people. Everyone is welcome here, so you have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes people are just jerks. If someone really has the desire to learn, then they won't be put off by the negativity here. Just have to wade through it.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx
 





You claim to want to see change in the world, you want others to "deny ignorance", you want the average to "wake up" and become more aware..


Sadly there are many members on on this site, as well as like sites, that want no such thing. My opinion is that there are a lot of people in the World that would be happy if we all just kept quite and spent our time worrying about what the Kardashions are up to. Certainly some of those same people have found their way to ATS and other sites like it. The question is whether we are going to let them shut us up.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Now now children, this does not need to turn into a bashing thread.

I understand your concerns OP, the best you can do is ignore it. Its really not that important once you think about it.
edit on 10-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx
 


These are, in fact, just words on a screen. No big deal. In no way should they affect your dogmas. These aren't real people. They're avatars—minds without bodies. You can completely disregard what anyone says quite easily and with no harm to your actual self. Or you can join in and have fun watching our opinions bash themselves in battle.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hi Isabelx and welcome to the jungle.
Look at it this way..
the "Via veritas" is paved with banana skins,
and lined on either side with rotten fruit wielding peasants.
Taking this path is never easy, but rewarding.

Stay true to your beliefs, be willing to change them if persuaded and follow your heart.
You will be fine.

80% of all humans are a**holes,
40% of ATS members are a**holes
Come out of the 20% and join the 60%

P.S. 99% of all statistics are made up on the spot to enhance an argument.

Dive in, enjoy and welcome.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   


So....you joined ATS in order to be a troll and make fun of the other member on ATS... And..... making fun of mentally handicapped people is also fun to you too.


Sorry, i have been misunderstood.. i dont troll this site because it would be like making fun of the handicapped.. granted 1% of the stuff here is interesting (mostly the post about peoples experiences with the paranormal) but the other 99% is just crazy talk about conspiracy theories, bashing of the government and troops.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx
 


Hey, I'm sorry, but this is the same as religion denying our imperfect human-ness. We are humans, sometimes patient, sometimes not. Sometimes tolerant of absurd ideas, sometimes ready with a derisive laugh. This is what we are. Some members snap at me, and I snap at them. It's not right or wrong, or good or bad. It's just the way we are.

If everyone were positively sweet here, I'd get a toothache and leave. Sometimes we need to be confronted with a little (just a little) of the pugnacious spirit to open our eyes and say, "Hmmm, maybe what I'm believing IS a bunch of bullcrap."



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I was called away for a few minutes, so I didn't get to read the post above that was deleted -- but I am nearly sure that it was along the lines of an insult, which further confirms my point...

I am very, very thankful to see that there are also many other members here who are wise enough to understand my rant. Those of you who are extremely helpful and embracing to new members... without you understanding people, ATS would sadly have crashed and burn long before now.

In the end, my rant was more-or-less addressing the great abundance of guests here.. I would love to see this place pick up more than it ever has before. But this will never happen if members continue to ridicule the new ones who would like to be a part of this community..
edit on 10-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Isabelx
 


Hey, I'm sorry, but this is the same as religion denying our imperfect human-ness. We are humans, sometimes patient, sometimes not. Sometimes tolerant of absurd ideas, sometimes ready with a derisive laugh. This is what we are. Some members snap at me, and I snap at them. It's not right or wrong, or good or bad. It's just the way we are.

If everyone were positively sweet here, I'd get a toothache and leave. Sometimes we need to be confronted with a little (just a little) of the pugnacious spirit to open our eyes and say, "Hmmm, maybe what I'm believing IS a bunch of bullcrap."



Oh, trust me, I understand the need for standing your ground in a heated debate, or even clearing some misconceptions someone may make... yet I have seen, time and again, older members attack new members for asking a real, curiosity based question.

That kind of behavior is what upsets me because many of those members never do come back after being attacked for basically doing nothing wrong.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

edit on 10-6-2012 by dreamingawake because: n/m



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx
 


I find your rant remarkable.

I find other things here on ATS compelling.

Because this is off topic in nature and if I word my post here just right, I can avoid Moderator involvement and respond to your Rant.




I have only been a member here for a few days, but I am no stranger to the world of "truth seeking."

time will tell




Not only have I lurked around this site, off and on, for years.

Oh really??? It is only my opinion that when a new member makes this statement, he/she means actually to say that they are in fact a member recycle who has been post banned and takes on another profile, therefor qualifying them to say, LURKING AROUND,



I have also been highly involved in other such websites.

OK!!! and so how was your experience at GLP aka Dodge City? How did that work for you? How about the others?



I've been keeping check on the daily stats of this site, and at any given moment, there are 2,000-5,000 GUESTS here.

not arguing with numbers but if I did I would have to wonder that the truth is closer to a couple hundred people with multi-profiles playing the game of Sock Puppet


last but not least that I will respond to is this one


With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

OK!!! Show me please, I am begging here!!!

this is one I like to say

Do'ers never talk and Talk'ers never do



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

I find your rant remarkable.

I find other things here on ATS compelling.

Because this is off topic in nature and if I word my post here just right, I can avoid Moderator involvement and respond to your Rant.



Not only have I lurked around this site, off and on, for years.

Oh really??? It is only my opinion that when a new member makes this statement, he/she means actually to say that they are in fact a member recycle who has been post banned and takes on another profile, therefor qualifying them to say, LURKING AROUND,


If the moderators would like to track my IP address, they are more than welcome. I'll even give them my home address, S.S. number and phone number, if they'd like..

I have absolutely nothing to hide. I did not sign up here to break rules, try to hide who I am or anything else of the sort, and I will always be an open book to any moderator who has any questions for me because I have full respect for those who run this site.



last but not least that I will respond to is this one


With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

OK!!! Show me please, I am begging here!!!

this is one I like to say

Do'ers never talk and Talk'ers never do


I, myself, have never claimed this. There are members here who I would say are very knowledgeable, but overly harsh to those who aren't as aware as they are. This was my intention and what I was trying to get across with that remark..

Thank you for your comments, rebellender..

edit on 10-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Rudeness goes with some of the forums like nectar goes with bees. My experiences have for the most part been positive. Have I been jumped on?, Yes, Have I deserved it?, Sometimes. Have I held my own?, Sometimes. I was new to forums of any kind when I came here.

It has helped me to communicate more effectively, stand and fight when needed, and fight in ways that no one gets bloody. Some of the members have a take no prisoners attitude. It always says more about them, than you.

Those that are lurking, do so for many reasons, I don't think it is right for you to project your reasons for joining or not on them. Also report personal attacks to the Mods, and the rest, keep your cool, defend your ideas and live to fight another day


Welcome to the site. There are plenty of warm wonderful, funny folk here, and they make it sooooo worth it.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier



So....you joined ATS in order to be a troll and make fun of the other member on ATS... And..... making fun of mentally handicapped people is also fun to you too.


Sorry, i have been misunderstood.. i dont troll this site because it would be like making fun of the handicapped.. granted 1% of the stuff here is interesting (mostly the post about peoples experiences with the paranormal) but the other 99% is just crazy talk about conspiracy theories, bashing of the government and troops.


I must be reading this wrong. You mean 99% of experiences with the paranormal is NOT interesting (pure crap), and the other 1% is interesting (like science stuff, evolution, conspiracies like who killed Kennedy). Right?
edit on 6/10/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx
 


You state,

Me, I'm a tough lassie, so I can handle it without turning away so easily -- but what is that to say about the other 2,000+ guests who would probably also like to get involved and learn? This site would be rolling even more than it is now if more of you would welcome new members.

It is a good thing that you are tough, the problem with people who aren't, they are generally followers.
I want to debate with someone opinionated, not a cow.
As for this sites numbers, that is not my care or responsibility, that falls upon the employees of ATS to make their business successfull.
This is a business and not an information source by any means, it is for entertainment purposes only.
Anything beyond that, are the ignorant.
However, IF we evr get "great knowledge" that is not 404'd within it's infancy, I will spread it responsibly, just not on this site as it would just get 404'd again.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Haha us girls are on a bitchy one today... Could it be the moon? Lol

Hey! And welcome by the way



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx
 


the 2000+ guests could be young kids under 16yo, im sure if your manly enough (no sexist) you would sign up here and not tolerate any sh*t, lol?




top topics



 
14
<<   2 >>

log in

join