It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These New Drones Are Like Nothing The World Has Ever Seen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HEYJOSE

Drones fly thousands of hours a year, and have a lower accident rate than most manned aircraft, with a few exceptions.

As for the greenhouse gasses, they are smaller and lighter than manned aircraft, which means that they will release fewer greenhouse gasses than any manned aircraft out there, commercial or military.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There is a book called "Butcher Bird" by dean ing that talks about an advanced assasination drone that can kill by a surgical laser strike.
books.google.com...
It's a bit too Sci Fi for fact but the Army has one that will do the same thing.
www.apacheclips.com...
This was designed to limit collateral casualties and kill a spacific target.A personal guided short range cruise missile.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Is that a HARM and an AGM?

I see they are upping the payload on this one?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

That's not a HARM. That's a Russian UCAV, so it wouldn't carry a HARM. The HARM is smaller than that as well.

HARM:

www.fas.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I see, I forgot what a HARM looked like, I only remembered that it shoots up radars. The other one (the one that's on the drone) I was thinking was an AGM65 Maverick, though really its only remotely similar now that I google a pic of it. I guess I'm a little rusty on my AGMs.
edit on 17-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join