It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My niece sent home from school for NOT wearing a hoodie

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The OP. says this was a fellow student. Did they attend the same school?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

BULL CRAP!

I do not buy this story for one second.
I find it a little hard to believe every kid in that school, including your niece OWNED a hoody that they could wear or choose not to wear.

I can't believe it took so long for someone to say that. Stars for you.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

BULL CRAP!

I find it a little hard to believe every kid in that school, including your niece OWNED a hoody that they could wear or choose not to wear.

Thank you! If this were true, it has LAWSUIT written all over it. Did Trevon go to this kids school?

I don't believe this is a true story at all. I guess this is what happens on a slow day on ATS. Don't feed the troll, it just makes you look childish.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Jesus H. Christ. This is a definite sign of end times. Not good for our youth. Get her the hell out of that nazi camp asap! This world is going mad. Or maybe I'm just not complying? Maybe I'm just diverse in the "wrong way".

This is clearly nothing to do with Trayvon btw, RIP. I don't care if he attacked Zimmerman or not cuz I'm not a cop. This is about a human being's freedom of choice being compromised. This case is very subtle, a lot of stupid people could possibly view the situation as your niece being "rebellious against authority" rather than exercising her "diversity" or free thinking. Good to see that her mother's got a good head on her though and supports her kid in this case. So many parents blindly back up the schools in these situations which just violently reinforces this drone-like behaviour.

I understand that most schools need rules and whatnot, but where does one draw the line between Rule and Conditioning? Rules should only be about kid's safety, equality and quality of education in our school systems (eg. no weapons, no bullying, no disrupting the class for others etc.) - not about a blind willingness to obey. She's not in the f#ing military for god's sake.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't even know what to say to this. It's nothing short of absurd.

If this happened to me, the principal would have to call a tow truck after the devastation I unleashed upon his vehicle.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yeah I don't know. If the OP wasn't a beautiful woman I doubt this thread would have made it past page 2.

Like me, people keep reading because we find the OP damn hot and since we are here anyways, we comment.

I do think this story might be slightly embellished. I don't know though. How would you tell the OP said she didn't want to mention the principal or school?

P.S.
OP,
Nice.........

edit on 11-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Im simply using race aa a basis for the political ideology of the principal which in this case of over sympathetic mides due to a death of a minority. And stereotypes are funny cause they're true.

The principals lack of tact and understanding shows her distain for the student (because she's white and she doesnt want to wear a hoodie) This is how it translates to the principal being a minority. That compiled with her making the whole school wear a hoodie to support the death of a idiot at the hands of another idiot just further proves my hunch.

This isnt about race, your right. Its about pushing the guilt of a over sympathetic society on a person who doesnt deserve it and using race as an excuse to shun others. She's white and she doesnt want to wear a hoodie, she must not like black people. thats the sentiment that translates from the weak minded in her school.

Thus again, proving my point. I could elaborate further and rationalize why the principal is a democrat..should i proceed? I could do this all day pal.....it has nothing to do with race.....just the stereotypical demographic that fits a certain type of individual whom would actually give a rats a** about the death of a black kid as most other black kid deaths are not usually given a damn about. And then frame that support in the form of burdon of guilt.

Guess what, most people who fit this demographic of societal behavior is......a minority. And any whites that follow suffer from some form of overt social liberalism that translates to burden of guilt that they will never be as dark as their oppressed neighbors and they feel really sorry for what some rich white guy did to a slave back 100 years ago.

So no, your right....if anything it has a lot to do with reverse racism....which fits the stereotype excatly. If the principal is white, i would be very very very surprised...cause she doesnt fit the social MO.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willease

BULL CRAP!

I can't believe it took so long for someone to say that. Stars for you.

Yes yes, finally someone said what most of us were thinking to begin with.....absurdity at its best.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I call shenanigans on the OP.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Zimmermen 2012

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glowd33
Zimmermen 2012

Yea, i could see that, he's got politician all over him...he already lied about his finances...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by ScatterBrain

I here you on that. There still is some good discussion found here. I may put together a thread about it this week sometime. I have a good friend that was a teacher of mine that I visit often and she is very unhappy with how the school systems are run. I think I will go talk to her first and get some first hand knowledge and her views on what could be done. She was a great teacher and the district is not fond of her for teaching kids to think for themselves and open their minds. I was once one of those students and if it hadn't been for her who knows where I would be today.

I as well had some good and some bad teachers in my days.
I especially remember one of them, I think it was social-studies, he was amazing.
Always making sure we had all the sides to look at. He was smart as +#%&!
For example one could ask him about any word, and he would explain it perfectly. Giving you the origin of the word, some general history behind it, the latin version of it, if it was any. Some days the entire class would just sit and talk about daily life and he would sit on the desk telling stories and such.
Amazing teacher!
I do not believe the general school-system is any good these days, but there is a fact that there are still teachers whom really tries to give what they can to open the minds of the youth in their classes.
Even though many of those teachers get "kicked" down by principals and other teachers for not "falling in line".
A shame that is.
edit on 11-6-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It's amazing what our people could accomplish if we learned facts about things before throwing loyalty at something. Props to this girl.

I'd be going ape sh!+ if I was the parent. Or the kid.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

DAMN! Some of you all came down very hard on the Op… just like a bunch of little evil puppet dolls...like a pack of wolves...like a freaking school of blood thirty piranhas !

AND WHO IN THE HELL WOULD GIVE OUT A CHILDS SCHOOL LOCATION ON THE INTERNET JUST TO PROVE A POINT !

edit on 11-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
Indoctrination in stead of education?

How long till we get "re-educated"?

You have to get educated first.
"instead"
But brag about being ignorant all you like.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Uh. Someone who is either not overly paranoid or making up stories for attention? /bite

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
school is a prison these days

Yah, i know what you mean. It's no wonder why some students rebel against the school system,

and sing >>We don't need no education, we don't need no thought control, no dark sarcasm in the classroom, theacher leave them kids alone, hey teacher! leave those kids alone

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Unfortunately the answer is no. More and more the schoold system preaches uniformity and conformity. I had a similar incident with my kid's school, but it was a more preemptive strike on my part once I saw the trend. I went to a meet the teachers night for the express purpose of letting the principle and the teachers know what their job was. Teach my kid reading, writing and arithmetic, but teaching morals, ethics, politics, and discipline is my job and stay out of it.

Needless to say they were a bit taken aback, but that would figure. Many parents want to lummp it all on the school, but parents have a responsibility to control how their child will develop and learn to think for themselves. Kudos to your neice for standing her ground. You may even have a law suit for discrimination.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
For all of you that do not believe the OP. For those of you that are standing up for public schools...Didn't your public school teach you how to use Google? You post negative comments about the OP's post. You don't believe? You also don't research anything before you post. Public school bored me. Public school tried to indoctrinate me into their agenda. There was no challenge in any of the school work. All one had to do to be an "honor roll" student was to regurgitate what was being told to you. There was no push to be creative or to be an individual, not in the school's agenda. There were very few teachers that actually had the ability to instruct a student in anything relevant, positive, truthful or helpful in anyway. I can only name 2 teachers of this caliber in my complete high school career. When my wife and I had children we quickly decided to home school after a few incidences at the elementary school. It didn't take much to see that my daughters public school was following an agenda that had nothing to do with allowing the students to learn anything other than shut up and follow the flock. Again, I say to you people posting the negative comments...Do some research before posting.....It only took me seconds on Google. If you find it so hard to believe the OP's post you must have had a very lucky, sheltered, privileged or privately funded education. And for the record, they didn't teach me anything in Physics either that I didn't already figure out for my self. Some of us do have a working brain.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maineiac
You don't believe?

I do believe the OP, like i also believe the ATS member 'XxNightAngelusxX's little sister that got suspended by her teacher for conspiracy theorizing. That's also why i'm asking, what the heck is happening inside these teachers' heads these days? Something is definitely wrong with the school system...
edit on 11-6-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join