It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My niece sent home from school for NOT wearing a hoodie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Mentally unstable folk making up nonsense threads and right-wing-nut-jobs taking wing, escalating the thread further and once again proving to the rest of us that right-wing-racists are indeed, illiterate.

You sure learn a lot of things here on ATS

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'll star and flag your thread just so we can expose you to as many people as possible.

Credibility = lost

Unbelievable!

Also OP, I absolutely LOVE the line in your signature..."The people who make things up make it harder to find truth"

What a piece of work.

And in your OP you ask "How does this ever get fixed?"

Probably by providing the needed information so the people can act and begin fixing it.
edit on 10-6-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This kind of harassment of young children is not only vastly stupid, but illegal as well. Children have rights, especially if they are being told to do something in school that is not part of the education curriculum, optional and against their moral beliefs. I would just plain sue the school department, period. You will win.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Amazing. Encourage her to take it further, get the story out to anyone she can. I don't know all the facts in the case either, and I wouldn't feel comfortable "falling in" with everyone else. Gotta love public school, ehh? Good luck to them in dealing with this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1[/]

For those of you who don't believe this story is true, you can believe it's true or not believe it's true.

Why is important to you that I "prove' the story true?

Huh? Then why do you believe it's important to post this story on a website that is KNOWN for being the most skeptical on the web? What is your goal here? You've done NOTHING to make us believe this is true. you show up once after the OP....that's it. What is your point?

You should have posted it in the short stories section if you didn't want people to question you.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I would just plain sue the school department, period. You will win.

Yes, sue the school in La La land and get millions of monopoly dollars!

In case you haven't noticed;

The niece is smart enough to copy an argument from fox, ahem, I mean, formulate her own educated opinion, as I guess intelligent discourse is encouraged in her home. Sadly, all that intelligence never had them scratching their heads about the obvious legal issues that arise with such an act on behalf of the school principle.

Oh, did I imply the OPs story was made up? I'm sorry, you must've have correctly understood my sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What is the purpose of school again? Learning? Learning what? Which subjects are taught, again?

If this doesn't tell you that schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers run by liberals gone wild, I really don't know what else would convince you.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1[/]

For those of you who don't believe this story is true, you can believe it's true or not believe it's true.

Huh? Then why do you believe it's important to post this story on a website that is KNOWN for being the most skeptical on the web? What is your goal here? You've done NOTHING to make us believe this is true. you show up once after the OP....that's it. What is your point?

You should have posted it in the short stories section if you didn't want people to question you.

Her/His goal is to get attention,nothing more.Their only response in this thread says so.They've taken the whole "WHY SHOULD I PROVE ITS TRUE! approach.That's usually the first sign of a hoaxer and a liar.Personally I don't even get why this is still open.I'd love to know who flagged this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

You should know this, we are 'ultimate' skeptics.

You posted it conveniently a little to close to the time this was posted...
My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?
To many that's a dead give away of a "give me stars!" post.

But don't feel bad. Both personal stories are in the correct forums now.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

sorry but i call BS on this and think you are maybe sensationalizing this story a little bit .

the chances of all of the student body actually owning a hoodie, let alone half of them showing up to school in one is very slim in my opinion.

how many other students were actually sent home? sorry but i just don't believe this story as you tell it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

I was thinking the same thing when I read the ops story. I find it hard to believe a school whould enforce such a thing. It's another thread used to bash schools.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by charlyv

I would just plain sue the school department, period. You will win.

Yes, sue the school in La La land and get millions of monopoly dollars!

In case you haven't noticed;

The niece is smart enough to copy an argument from fox, ahem, I mean, formulate her own educated opinion, as I guess intelligent discourse is encouraged in her home. Sadly, all that intelligence never had them scratching their heads about the obvious legal issues that arise with such an act on behalf of the school principle.

Oh, did I imply the OPs story was made up? I'm sorry, you must've have correctly understood my sarcasm.

I think you should get a grip on reality as well,
Most likely to young to have seen this crap before. Experience, the place where valid opinions come from.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I live in Australia and I go to a school where our principle is to strict on uniform, a girl got threatened by the principle that she would be expelled for having pearcings in her cheek. Mind u it is a public school and by law we don't even have to wear uniform.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This would be disgusting, though I don't believe it is true. I will say that we as humans should have the right to express ourselves freely. This is a human rights issue if anything. The facts still aren't completely out and a school has no reason to support either person, even if all the facts were there. If this is true, then corporations have taken over completely.
"Keep everyone doing the same stuff over and over".---Corporation X

No free thought, huh? You (or someone in relation) should go to the local authorities, followed by the local news, followed by the national media, followed by the ACLU, etc. The less you do, the worse this gets. Too many people think that this is only solvable by violence, and I must disagree. This is solved like any other problem....Work!

I must add this though. I believe this entire story is complete nonsense. Nothing rings true. Public education is complete BS, but it hasn't fallen to this level. Go ahead and prove me wrong OP. Until then, you get no stars nor flags. ATS motto will clarify my stance on your "story" a bit.
::

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePro
I live in Australia and I go to a school where our principle is to strict on uniform, a girl got threatened by the principle that she would be expelled for having pearcings in her cheek. Mind u it is a public school and by law we don't even have to wear uniform.

Um, in Australia every public school has a uniform students have to wear. Obviously you don't know much about the law, and i'd love you to name one public school in Australia that doesn't require students to wear a uniform (and yes, generally they ban cheek piercings).

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I think you should get a grip on reality as well,
Most likely to young to have seen this crap before. Experience, the place where valid opinions come from.

Maybe you need to learn how to discern reality from fantasy?

In any case, if you really must know, whether this story is true or false - you're still telling a lot about yourself.
You see, your eagerness to stand on one side tells a lot, while mine does too. There are further implications to your(and my) stance that can be further researched by observing the words you used to describe your support for "your" side.

;-)

I can give you a little example;

"experience, the place where valid opinions come from"

Combined with;

"Most likely to young"

Meaning; you already put my opinion aside as 1- worthless and 2- not worth reading because it's written by someone "too young".

This means: 1- you do not know the importance of proof. 2- you are discriminating based on age.

That opens additional doors:

You most likely had or are having lots of issues with your own school principals.
You missed out on a scientific education.

Not only that but you managed to spell "too young to" as "to young to", which begs another question about your education.

I'm going to leave it at that, cannot be bothered typing it all out.

PS.

I don't need a grip on reality, I've chained myself to it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Explanation: There is enough information supplied for ATS to find out the name of the school.

The OP's location is in Los Angeles [claimed]

This post is highly informative...

Are you serious? Have you ever been to a high school in the northeast US? All the kids have hoodies.

To be clear, this is not an inner city school with mostly black kids or black administrators. This is an upper middle class school in the suburbs with under 20 black kids. The teacher and the principal are white. The TM day was organized by two of the black girls in the school. They did a special talk at the school's weekly assembly to honor and remember TM.

Back on topic, from what my sister-in-law told me, the school is a very good school. She has no desire to escalate this further and make things worse for her daughter. Not every incident turns into a lawsuit.

1] Not inner city school.

2] Is an upper middle class school in the suburbs with under 20 black kids. The teacher and the principal are white.

3] The niece/student is in 10th grade!

So it wont be any of these ...

List of inner suburbs in the United States: Los Angeles [wiki]

Los Angeles:-
Alhambra
Culver City
East Los Angeles
Glendale
Hawthorne
Huntington Park
Inglewood
Lynwood
Santa Monica
West Hollywood

Or any of these ...

List of African American neighborhoods [wiki]

Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Los Angeles County, California
Los Angeles:-
Baldwin Hills
Broadway Square
Chesterfield Square
Crenshaw
Exposition Park
Hyde Park
Gramercy Park
Green Meadows
Jefferson Park
Lake View Terrace
Leimert Park
Manchester Square
Mid City
Venice Oakwood
Vermont Knolls
Vermont Square
Vermont Vista
Watts
West Adams

Los Angeles County:-
Altadena
Carson
Compton
Culver City
Blair Hills
Fox Hills
Gardena
Hawthorne
Inglewood
Ladera Heights
View Park-Windsor Hills
West Athens
West Compton
Westmont
Willowbrook

Long Beach:-
Eastside
Westside

Which means the high school is most likely in one of these suburbs ...

List of districts and neighborhoods of Los Angeles: East and Northeast Los Angeles [wiki]

Northeast Los Angeles neighborhoods

Boyle Heights
El Sereno
Hillside Village
University Hills
Atwater Village
Cypress Park
Eagle Rock
Garvanza
Glassell Park
Hermon
Highland Park
Lincoln Heights
Montecito Heights
Monterey Hills
Mt. Washington

Many of the neighborhoods of Eastern Los Angeles house large Latino populations, although several neighborhoods, especially in northeast L.A., have more mixed populations. Many of the neighborhoods house very diverse residents. In the northern portions of Montecito Heights there are white populations of Italian and French descent. Eagle Rock also houses significant Latino, White, and Asian (in particular those of Filipino descent) populations and is one of the most diverse neighborhoods in Los Angeles County. In Monterrey Hills nearly half of the population is white. The population also ranges from working-class to affluent.

And this link maybe useful ...

List of high schools in Los Angeles County, California [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: Let's get to work with what we have already got and do what ATS does best and debunk or confirm this ok!

@ The OP ... RUN!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

OMFG, that's awful. My heart goes out to her. Like this!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

No offense dude,but he/she is in LA. They clearly state in their only reply to the thread that it's in the Northeast US. Last time I checked LA wasn't in the Northeast.
edit on 10-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Problem with your research

Are you serious? Have you ever been to a high school in the northeast US? All the kids have hoodies.

last time I checked L.A. was in the south west of the U.S. not the north east.

Just because the OP lives in L.A. doesn't mean that her sister in-law or niece does.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join