My niece sent home from school for NOT wearing a hoodie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The OP's story is totally believable, in my opinion. I agree it is totally nuts to make all those kids wear a hoodie, nuts for many reasons.

Regardless, if the school has a loose cannon principal with the right political leanings, and the right level of common sense, it's totally possible they could convince themselves it was a good idea.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
Wow.

I cannot believe every response in this thread besides mine is someone SWALLOWING this tripe. Nothing about this story rings true at all. It just sounds ripe for inciting anger.
If this is real, there needs to a named school. People need to do something.

I think it's one of those stories that's so weird that it must be true, it would not suprise me that this story is true the way the world is today.

But I do hope it's not true, because that would be pure BS if it was true haha.

If this is true, I would geuss that quite a few students didn't turn up wearing a hood, but she probably got picked on because of what she said the day before?

Edit: now rethinking this, it does reek of BS.
edit on 10-6-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronVelvet
You must not have passed high school because English is writing and literature.

Only for the slower kids. I took English one year, creative writing the next, and English Lit the next. Those are all different things. Then again, I have an education so I know that.

Chemistry is memorizing useless combinations of chemicals. Biology is similar and likes to come across as a more adventurous profession but your really just sitting in a lab all day dealing with bacteria.

OK Buddy.

I was in IB physics my junior year. Most of the stuff I learned in that class I already knew besides using Calculus + physics.

So you knew most of the stuff you learned in physics, just not the math or the physics?

That is the stupidest sentence I have ever read.

I also took an IB calculus class that same year, haven't even touched it since unless im using engineering. . Most classes contain some sort of history lesson whether its intentional or not.

Name one history lesson you learned in those classes then. Especially Calc.

Trig is a joke. Art was a joke. I can draw better than most people without opening my eyes. I took a strength and conditioning course every term of high school. I also won a state championship in football. Dont insult me. If you were intelligent you would have realized that most class room rhetoric and agenda's are chosen to stay away from more important topics that could raise issues in society.

You must be so smart that you did not even need to make sense. You did not address the point of my post at all. You did not reply to my point. You just wrote me a letter telling me you were awesome in high school, too smart for it even, then proceeded to write a bunch of empty, ignorant nonsense.

I am still cracking up at your claim to know most of the stuff you learned in physics class already, except for the physics.

Read my post again and have someone who understands the difference between writing, reading, and grammar lessons explain it to you so maybe you can write a response that makes some sense.
You insulted yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

A very well thought out story there. As earlier posters expressed the same concern, I will express mine.

Hoax. You're welcome to prove otherwise, though.

Edit to add: There were lots of Hoodie days out there at quite a few schools around the country, but the students were "allowed" to wear hoodies as dress code prohibited them at some schools, otherwise.

No reports of schools forcing students to participate, though. I find it hard to believe that something like this could happen, and the extent of action taken by the mother is to go see the principle over it.

That's all that came of it? Are you kidding me?
edit on 10-6-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I think it's one of those stories that's so weird that it must be true, it would not suprise me that this story is true the way the world is today.

NOPE.
This is one of those stories that is so full of # that it must be made up.

But I do hope it's not true, because that would be pure BS if it was true haha.

If this is true, I would geuss that quite a few students didn't turn up wearing a hood, but she probably got picked on because of what she said the day before?

Cuz that makes sense.

Edit: now rethinking this, it does reek of BS.
edit on 10-6-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

Yeah, ya think?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I felt it was wrong ever since I was 4. "I HAVE to go?" "Why?" "So I'm not free?" "I want to learn about fire, but they're making me color pictures of bears."

To be fair, if we let kids choose their schooling requirements we would have a curriculum full of Call of Duty and Penthouse for the boys, god knows what the girls would choose...

More likely you wanted to play with fire as opposed to learning about it. Because we all learned about it in Chemistry and I assure you it's boring doing theory on exothermic combustion reactions...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Major lawsuit pending.

The school has to stand by her rights of freedom of speech. This girl was smart enough to say that she didn't have all the facts yet to make up her own mind on the issue and they penalized her for her forward thinking?

I would not only be suing the school district, I'd be sending her to a new school with the $$$ settlement.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Now I do not know if the OP is straight up making this up or if the niece was indeed sent home for something and fed her parents this story. Either way if anybody is buying this I have a bridge to sell you.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm with those calling hoax.This would have made the news,if only locally.I'm standing by that.I notice he/she hasn't been back into the thread.I guess we'll find out when or if they come back.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Ironvelvet, you must be the worlds' smartest human to have figured all that stuff out before doing the classes in school, and also apparently a prime physical specimen of humanity, without the conditioning taught you in phys ed class.

Good for you !

The rest of us have to work hard to figure that stuff out.

Of course, I could take a bit of a skeptic's approach to your claims .......

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I believe your story because of my experience taking a diversity class in college and my son's experiences in school. The lessons distorted facts, and history as well as throughout the semester continually demonized white people. Any opinion contrary was met with accusations of ignorance, etc (no contrary discussion permitted). It clearly was a class with the intentions of dividing and demonizing a people rather than teaching tolerance for our differences. This is the type of teaching going on in public schools. Kids are being manipulated and used to further various agendas. The goal is to make them think it was their own idea (they are either part of the problem or part of the solution). Free thinkers are a problem to the program.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I'm willing to buy the story.......but not your bridge....

So I suppose when you and other posters read that my granddaughter's middle school also had a Trayvon Martin Day and everyone was required to wear a hoodie to school that day you won't believe me either. Like I care.
She did wear a hoodie. But, then, she usually wears a hoodie anyway, as do many of the kids in her school.

I didn't get bent out of shape over it, though. She told me what was required and I told her I thought it was a stupid requirement for that day and why I thought so, but she was free to make up her own mind as to whether she participated or not.

I have no idea if any of the students were sent home for not wearing a hoodie. I didn't ask.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by MrSpad

I'm willing to buy the story.......but not your bridge....

So I suppose when you and other posters read that my granddaughter's middle school also had a Trayvon Martin Day and everyone was required to wear a hoodie to school that day you won't believe me either. Like I care.
She did wear a hoodie. But, then, she usually wears a hoodie anyway, as do many of the kids in her school.

And the school punished all the kids who did not own hoodies?
Sure thing, just name that school.

I didn't get bent out of shape over it, though. She told me what was required and I told her I thought it was a stupid requirement for that day and why I thought so, but she was free to make up her own mind as to whether she participated or not.

I have no idea if any of the students were sent home for not wearing a hoodie. I didn't ask.

Not buying your story either. No school is requiring kids to go buy a #ing hoodie for one day.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If this is true you should contact the local news and inform them. OR, make a YouTube video explaining the details. If what you say is true it's absolutely outrageous. Do all you can to fight this evil school. This is pure evil. But it is hard to believe. What is the name of the school?
edit on 10-6-2012 by BoyTheEarthTalksTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Major lawsuit pending.

The school has to stand by her rights of freedom of speech. This girl was smart enough to say that she didn't have all the facts yet to make up her own mind on the issue and they penalized her for her forward thinking?

I would not only be suing the school district, I'd be sending her to a new school with the $$$ settlement.

Children to not have freedom of speech IN SCHOOL.
I do not think anyone even understands what freedom of speech is. This story is just getting stupid on all sides now.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This story is so fake I can't believe people believe it

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
treyvon martin day ? really ?

bizarre

only because as you mentioned the facts have noy been established, and he could be the antagonist for all we know

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Trayvon Martin day? The worst idea for any school is to push political values.

I am not even going to explain myself, I will just get more angry!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Like others, I call BS.

I've done a fairly thorough search, I believe, and cannot find any evidence of a 'hoodie day' in an elementary school. You mention your niece is 10, so I assume she is in elementary school?

You said something about "and support for a fellow high school student that was gunned down." but 10 seems to be a little young for high school. Is your niece a modern day female Doogie Howser?

I can find evidence of student organized 'hoodie days' but they were all middle school, highschool, or college. What grade is your niece in again? Forgive me if this was answered somewhere beyond about 80% down on the second page.

As others have asked, please provide some proof. If this REALLY happened it is a travesty and it's irresponsible to not make it public. Do the right thing and either bring this story to light, or admit that you made it up.

Your location shows "Los Angeles" so I focused on the California area. If I'm looking in the wrong place please point me in the right direction.

Ah, I got in "skim through the crap" mode and for some reason read that as your niece was 10 years old.. Ignore me.
edit on 10-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
A little hint to the more.....green posters. If the OP posts up what looks like you get from your crazy Uncle Roger in some email chain about President Bush is Satan or President Obama is Satan -- than it isn't real.

If the OP makes some very large claims and then disappears and vacates the thread -- I would consider it a "hit and run -- S&F grab"; and fake.

No school name, no general location (if the OP wanted to be cautious), no way to corroborate her story in any manner. But it never fails that the people who "believe" the OP, probably are only posting based on the title and skimming the text, failing to apply critical thought.
edit on 10-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join