It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My niece sent home from school for NOT wearing a hoodie

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterbananas
reply to post by Shrukin89

Communism is a economic system. What does it matter if he is a communist or not.

That's one of the buzzwords they get sent in their weekly sheeple-mail to attack with if they don't like something. They take words they don't fully comprehend that "sound bad" and spew them every time they find people who don't agree with them. It's part of the GOP's dumbing down of America so they'll be easier to control.... Just look at faux news, it's outright blatant with it for those who haven't been brainwashed yet.... sad, sad days

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by habitforming

It's clear you only want an argument and you aren't getting it here. It's been shown to you, you can accept it or not, no skin off my back

I was thinking the same thing about you except for the fact that I actually did show you. You were not able to use the OP's own words anywhere in your pointless argument. I quoted it directly for you and showed you that you are wrong.

Now I am just curious why you care so much to support something you yourself cannot really confirm or deny.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

for the sake of habitforming

Here:

My niece, who is in 10th grade, and who is an independent thinker, questioned this. She told her home room teacher that she didn't want to wear a hoodie in support of Treyvon Martin. The teacher asked why, and my niece said she felt bad he died, but that maybe he was the one who attacked Zimmerman, and she didn't feel comfortable supporting anybody when she didn't know the facts.

The next day my niece showed up to school dressed nicely, but not wearing the hoodie. She was sent to the principal's office and reprimanded, and told that she either had to wear a hoodie or go home. The principal told her to go to the lost and found and find a hoodie to wear. The principal's reasoning was that it was important that the students show uniformity, and support for a fellow high school student that was gunned down.

My niece went to the lost and found in tears, and called her mom. Her mom called the principle, who told her to come pick her up from school.

Now is where the story gets good....

Her mom went into the principal's office the next day to confront her on what happened. The principal told her that it's important that the students "fall in" and "sometimes you have to learn to comply." Her mom pointed to the school's values posted on the wall and noted that "compliance" wasn't one of the values, and that in fact "diversity" was a value.

The principal replied, "Diversity means the right kind of diversity. Not your daughter's kind of diversity."

I wanted to tell the world about the school and the principal, but it would only make it harder for my niece. She's already targeted over this.

Is this an aberration, or is it normal for schools these days to be run like indoctrination camps? How does this ever get fixed?

My sister-in-law wants to move over this. I don't blame her.

1. She asked about the hoodie
2. She showed up without a hoodie after having asked about it and not told "no"
3. Even though she had asked about it, she was sent to the office because she wasn't wearing one.
4. The principal said she needed to wear one or go home, NOT "You're suspended if you don't", NOT a reprimand, NOT anything you are claiming, just giving her two options.
5. The principal said she could get one from lost and found (instead of providing an alternative where the student stays at school and doesn't participate in the event or participates without wearing a hoodie)
6. She actually went to look for one and couldn't find one.
7. She called her parents because she was upset.
8. The parents called the principal.
9. The principal contradicted himself

At no time was there a "reprimand" or anything put on her permanent record. This was a result of poor planning. They needed to have an alternative for those not wanting to participate or for those wanting to participate and not wear a hoodie. This was the fault of the school. They did a bad job planning their event or none of this would have happened.

Is that too difficult for you? What are you having such a difficult time understanding???

Now, just move along because I'm very tired of trying to conform to your IEP, I'm tired of trying to lead you through this when you clearly want nothing more than to argue instead of read and comprehend. If you can't get it at this point, you are not capable of getting it and I'm not going to waste any more time with you.

edit on 15-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I have read all that. The difference is that I understand it.
Here.

Title of the *snip* thread.
She was not required to wear a hoodie.
She was not in trouble for not wearing a hoodie.
She was not sent home.

Try reading this *snip*.
edit on 6/17/2012 by maria_stardust because: Removed offensive language.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

It's clear you only want an argument and you aren't getting it here. It's been shown to you, you can accept it or not, no skin off my back

I was thinking the same thing about you except for the fact that I actually did show you. You were not able to use the OP's own words anywhere in your pointless argument. I quoted it directly for you and showed you that you are wrong.

Now I am just curious why you care so much to support something you yourself cannot really confirm or deny.

quoting something, then claiming the complete opposite of what it says isn't proof sweetie, it's just showing your lack of reading comprehension.

Use those same quotes and show me how they are the opposite of what I said they were. Maybe I am missing something.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

1. She asked about the hoodie
2. She showed up without a hoodie after having asked about it and not told "no"
3. Even though she had asked about it, she was sent to the office because she wasn't wearing one.

Uh...oh yeah?
That is what happened huh?
cool story, bro.
Guess how much I believe this girl was sent to the principals office for NOT breaking a rule that was not only not a rule, apparently she was not punished for it either? She was just sent to the principal and then sent home?

The first problem with this story is the fact the the high school principal is not the one that handles these matters. It is the VP or Dean that handles this #. This story reeks of lies no matter how you spin it.

I do not believe any of this happened. I do not believe the OPs original version. I do not believe your version.
I am not sure why you want to argue that someone who changed their story is honest when you have no clue any of this actually happened anyway. It makes you look like you have an agenda.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

They sent her to look for a "used one" which she couldn't find and became upset.
she called her parents.
Instead of addressing the issue, the principal suggested she be taken home.

Sent her to look for a "used one"? In case they can't find a "used one", she and her parents could visit a local store that sell hoodies, for example a Superdry store and buy a Hoodie (hoodie for women of course) there, or buy from ebay stores.ebay.co.uk... stores.ebay.co.uk... stores.ebay.co.uk... stores.ebay.co.uk... or they can also try check out from this www.independenttradingco.com... online shopping site.

I have a Hoodie like this and Superd ry Core Military Pants and Superdry Military Cargo Pants and Prospector Boots like these Superdry Black Leather New Panner Military Boots and Superdry Brad Bomber leather jacket bought from a Superdry store, but of course they also have Hoodies for women there too just in case the niece should be interested to check it out.
So far so good i prefer hoodies from Superdry, but of course, we all have different tastes. What caught my eyes about Superdry clothes is the "Timeless American style" design...
edit on 16-6-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

They sent her to look for a "used one" which she couldn't find and became upset.
she called her parents.
Instead of addressing the issue, the principal suggested she be taken home.

Sent her to look for a "used one"? In case they can't find a "used one", she and her parents could visit a local store that sell hoodies, for example a Superdry store and buy a Hoodie (hoodie for women of course) there, or buy from ebay stores.ebay.co.uk... stores.ebay.co.uk... stores.ebay.co.uk... stores.ebay.co.uk... or they can also try check out from this www.independenttradingco.com... online shopping site.

I have a Hoodie like this and Superd ry Core Military Pants and Superdry Military Cargo Pants and Prospector Boots like these Superdry Black Leather New Panner Military Boots and Superdry Brad Bomber leather jacket bought from a Superdry store, but of course they also have Hoodies for women there too just in case the niece should be interested to check it out.
So far so good i prefer hoodies from Superdry, but of course, we all have different tastes. What caught my eyes about Superdry clothes is the "Timeless American style" design...

Do you realize this was a 10-15 minute thing???? Not enough time to order one, not enough time to run to the store....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Do you realize this was a 10-15 minute thing???? Not enough time to order one, not enough time to run to the store....

First, she have plenty of time to buy hoodie in the local store or online... Second, it does NOT necessarily have to take ONLY 10-15 minuttes to buy in local stores or online... Do you really THINK that the stores give their customers ONLY 10-15 minuttes to buy their goods???

I can assure you that the stores will NOT say to her >>You have only 10-15 minuttes to look around in our store, otherwise you have NO right to buy our hoodie!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

First, she have plenty of time to buy hoodie in the local store or online... Second, it does NOT necessarily have to take ONLY 10-15 minuttes to buy in local stores or online... Do you really THINK that the stores give their customers ONLY 10-15 minuttes to buy their goods???

I can assure you that the stores will NOT say to her >>You have only 10-15 minuttes to look around in our store, otherwise you have NO right to buy our hoodie!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

sweetie... she didn't have time for ebay to DELIVER the hoodie.... do you understand this???

Maybe she didn't have enough time to buy from ebay, but she had enough time to buy hoodie from a local store...

And like i just said, she still have enough time to run to the local store and buy a hoodie there or buy it online, and wear it for the next "Treyvon Martin" day next year...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

sweetie... she didn't have time for ebay to DELIVER the hoodie.... do you understand this???

Little 'PurpleChiten' sweetie... she had plenty of time to buy a hoodie in a local store... do you understand this??? If you don't, then i suggest you to go back to your teachers in your school and let them teach you how to understand how business work out there...

And like i just said, she still have ENOUGH time to run to the local store and buy a hoodie there or buy it online, and wear it for the next "Treyvon Martin" day next year...

She didn't WANT to wear a hoodie because she didn't know if Zimmerman was right or Martin was right and there was a program going on at SCHOOL where it shouldn't be going on.
There was no ALTERNATIVE given and it was not part of the curriculum. She was being cheated out of her education by a POLITICAL IDEA that a group of people wanted to have a program about.
The school was WRONG in doing this.
Does that help you understand a little better sweetie pie honey child or are you not capable of understanding??

....as far as "going back to my teachers in school"... they're not around anymore and the present ones come to ME for advice sweetie pie honey child lil darlin
edit on 16-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You want arguments, that's all. You don't want to understand anything, you don't want to find out more, you don't want anything other than an argument and will keep fussing and fuming until you get it.

Why does that always come out as the only argument against facts? I am just sticking with the story. You want to argue with me that I do not understand it. I do not really care so much how you feel. Feel free to not respond and move along.

Go find someone else to argue with on this and the other threads that you keep twisting and altering things on because I'm really not interested in your little game.

I have only provided direct quotes
So can you explain what I have twisted? You refuse to revisit the actual text of the opening post or even the title of the thread. I have only stuck with what the OP has provided and that is two contradictory narratives.

I've been very patient with you and have shown you over and over and over and over... yet you still just want to argue.

You have not shown me anything. All you have done is TELL ME THINGS that you think. What you think does not change what I read other people write.

You can argue with someone else. It has been shown to you, it has been explained to you, it has been spelled out for you. It's very clear that you want nothing more than to argue and bicker.

Actually you have avoided responding to any of my questions about direct quotes and simply resorted to telling me I want to argue about 16 times in one post.

Go ahead and rant and rave, I'm finished trying to spoon feed you. Patience has a limit and these games are approaching mine.

Goodbye and good luck on graduating high school soon.

And a personal insult to boot!
Nice.

So let me try this again. The title of the thread is

Yet she was not required to wear a hoodie nor was she sent home.
Feel free to expand on that.
See how I used the OP's own words that you refuse to repeat?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

She didn't WANT to wear a hoodie because she didn't know if Zimmerman was right or Martin was right and there was a program going on at SCHOOL where it shouldn't be going on.

No matter if Zimmerman was right or Martin was right the school's rules says that the students are REQUIRED to wear hoodie that day, and the students have to obey and follow these rules no matter what opinion the students might have. Each school have their rules and the students have to obey and follow their rules, no matter how ridiculous their rules are. Oh yeah, some schools have crazy rules that is mind buggling, there are for example still schools in Florida and Texas (just to name few states) that still practice paddling by beating students physically hard on their butts, hands and other places on their body with a spanking paddle, slapping their face, pull their ear and other physical punishment methods if they misbehave.
Paddling was common practice in the 1950's and the 1960's, and i thought that the schools stopped paddling students in the late 1960's, but i'm surprised to see that 19 states STILL PRACTICE paddling today www.usatoday.com...

USA Today 23. April, 2012 - Despite opposition, paddling students allowed in 19 states...

Yah i know, it's shocking for you to see, and trust me, i'm just as shocked and surprised as you are to see that at least 19 states still practice physical punishment of students TODAY!

And unfortunately, the students are required to follow the schools' rules no matter how ridiculous and crazy their rules can be... Students' opinions does NOT count no matter what... No one can change the schools' rules, well of course unless the employees of each school decide to do something about their own "Old-days" rules (as it's also called) in the future, and i hate to say this, but i think it will take several decades before these employees do something about that...

You mention there was a program going on at SCHOOL where it shouldn't be going on, what program are you talking about?

There was no ALTERNATIVE given and it was not part of the curriculum.

Unfortunately, that school's rules REQUIRE their students to WEAR HOODIE that day, and that's how their rules are, you can't cange their rules no matter how much you wish it to be changed...

She was being cheated out of her education by a POLITICAL IDEA that a group of people wanted to have a program about.

Was she really cheated out of her education? Did the school kick her out for good, just because she didn't wear hoodie that day?

The school was WRONG in doing this.

In my eyes it's wrong of the school to kick her out from school that day just because she didn't wear hoodie that day, so i fully understand your frustration about their ridiculous rules about wearing "uniform", but unfortunately that's how their rules work no matter how ridiculous their rules can be. I think it will take several decades before the employees of that school will change their rules about that.

Another thing, there is nothing wrong about wearing hoodie, it's cool enough to wear hoodie bought from a Superdry store, it's not that bad...
And you know what? The niece have the chance to wear hoodie for the next "Treyvon Martin" day...

Does that help you understand a little better Sweetie pie Honey darlin or are you not capable of understanding??

I have no problem understanding, Sweet Honey
But i hope you understand, darlin...

....as far as "going back to my teachers in school"... they're not around anymore and the present ones come to ME for advice Sweetie pie Honey darlin...

They're not around anymore? Did you finish highschool, darlin? So do you attend University or college, Sweet Honey?
edit on 17-6-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

No matter if Zimmerman was right or Martin was right the school's rules says that the students are REQUIRED to wear hoodie that day, and the students have to obey and follow these rules no matter what opinion the students might have.

You are confusing RULES with MADE UP NONSENSE CRAP. The school cannot decide on a whim that every student has to go out and buy clothing not part of the school uniform. Luckily it never happened so why you are defending made up nonsense makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

She was being cheated out of her education by a POLITICAL IDEA that a group of people wanted to have a program about.

I am game.

Please tell me how she was being cheated out of her education.
What classes and lessons did she miss?
How much time was she out of school?

You are trying to tell me that the OP's SECOND VERSION, where NO ONE was sent home, is the right one. You just argued that she was not sent home and the OP never said she was sent home (even though it is in the title of the thread
)

So how can you say she was not sent home and at the same time say she was cheated out of an education?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
You are confusing RULES with MADE UP NONSENSE CRAP. The school cannot decide on a whim that every student has to go out and buy clothing not part of the school uniform. Luckily it never happened so why you are defending made up nonsense makes no sense.

Oh, can you prove it never happened? This case seems real enough... Do you really think that the OP made this case up just for fun? I don't think the OP made that up. I think you're the one who are saying nonsense...

Beside, some schools require students to wear uniform, England is a good example, and to your info, according to the National Center for Educational Statistics, as of the 2007-2008 school year, 16.5% of all the public schools in the United States required students to wear uniforms...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join