It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian defence minister off-line in China to avoid cyber spying - media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well you just proved my point really, the J-20 is an F-22 Raptor clone/rip of, and you also provided its future project that you said they keep secret, the rip offs & fakes just as they're in consumer world are never ever as good a quality than the original products

The fact China has pretty much cloned the tech is a sure sign there playing catch up,

The rules of releasing technology & declassifying projects to the public/world is because you have countered its abilities and the threat it posses, the trick is to stay 2-3 steps in head, as soon as it has been released people can examine the product and begin to work on the technology just as China have with there F22 clone, it is know that almost all civilian technology was designed or used for military purposes 20-40yrs before civilian usage, some people believe up to 50yrs

No military is going to spend billions on new technology to then give it to the rest of the world for free,
edit on 10-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

My point was that what I posted is public....

You proved my point because they want you to think exactly that... it's a rip-off....

Just like the US, the stuff that is public is far behind what is actually going on.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

What's the point of spending all that money on military in the first place when in the 21st century we should be beyond war....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What happened to this thread...!?

I guess if it had been the US sec for defence, this would have made the headlines....

Once again the US is over-confident, ignorant and has a superiority complex that the rest of the world laughs at....

Kinda sad really....

The government there has made one hell of a mess.....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Various sites in internet land seem to routinely be visited by chinese hackers, soliciting every-kind-of-thing.

A new member will join, in the middle of night, offering anything from a product that was recently searched there, to a full page ad spread with your every banking ID and password need. Sure, they could have been created to appear to be chinese. The wording and language were suspect as chinese. I may have seen 'china' somewhere amidst the script, one doesn't tarry. It may be that the guy's entire pitch has a operational shelf life of a few minutes. The play I describe relies on staying one step ahead of the authorities. But it is an automated hack, and relies on a few minutes of security access. Want million dollar? Here BOMB instead!

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 10-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2012 by davidmann because: pesky dialects

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

huh..!?

Sorry that did not make any sense to me...?

Can you clarify?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

What's the point of spending all that money on military in the first place when in the 21st century we should be beyond war....

I have said this a million times on here,

The point is because no one faction controls the world yet, and there are countries/alliances out there who also want to achieve this goal,

Yes it a said & sorry state the world is in but until then we can expect more of the same and hope one of them hurry's up and does just that, because lets face it there will be no peace until then

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
What happened to this thread...!?

I guess if it had been the US sec for defence, this would have made the headlines....

Once again the US is over-confident, ignorant and has a superiority complex that the rest of the world laughs at....

Kinda sad really....

The government there has made one hell of a mess.....

I think you're probably ignoring the obvious with a touch of wishful thinking, only you seem to have superiority complex here, China is a very long way of matching the US military, yes China is increasing its military spending every year but it is still a very long way of the US, the US spends more on its black project especially aircraft and has done for many many years, there is no doubt China is catching up but they're not anywhere near close yet, the blackbird has still not been fully declassified and its 40 or more yrs old, its a 40yr old reconnaissance bird, what have they today that will not be classified for another 40yrs the F-22 is classified, and has been aloud to be back engineered by China

Its just ridiculous really its totally obvious who is dictating the pace of this game here and its not China, you cannot just over night learn or buy what has been learned in 60yrs of having air superiority

China does have some great back engineered copys of US aircraft, nobody is underestimating there capabilities, and they have the full attention of the West, The western world has had many many years or conflict much much more so than China, after many thousands of years of war & world wars i highly doubt it is going to stumble at the old saying "never under estimate your enemies, that would just be stupid,

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Actually the problem is that there is an unfair playing field. China is actively hacking everything in sight and everyone knows it, but they want to keep trade ties so let it pass. If the US was caught 10% as often spying on China as they are caught spying on us there would be an Intl. uproar.

Hold China accountable for their actions and problem solved.
edit on 10-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I live in the US and this bothers me just as much as you Ausies. I know china has been hacking Google for some time. Its been said "Google has more info on the US citizens then CIA, NSA, and FBI combined.

*Facebook is connected with Google
*Myspace is connected with Google
*Twitter is connected with Google
*And now we have Google based "smart phones"

They don't need to "chip us" , Were doing it our self!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join