It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian rebels aim to use chemical weapons, blame Damascus – report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Syrian rebels aim to use chemical weapons, blame Damascus – report

www.rt.com

The armed Syrian opposition has got their hands on chemical weapons, which they acquired from Libya, a media report claims. They allegedly plan to use it against civilians and pin the atrocity on the Bashar al-Assad regime.

The Libyan stockpile of chemical weapons was a matter of great concern during last year’s civil war in the country. There were fears that they may end up in the hands of the terrorists and used elsewhere in the world...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
There is the rest of the story...

However unlike Libya’s portable surface-to-air arsenal, no reports of the weapons going missing was made public. Syria has a greater number of chemical weapons than Libya.
Military experts say the agents in the Syrian stockpile are also more modern that what Gaddafi had produced for his military. Syria also didn’t join the Chemical Weapons Convention and is not obliged to declare what chemical weapons it possesses. The chemical framing plot allegations comes days after British journalist Alex Thomson from Channel 4 news accused a Syrian opposition group of trying to set him and his crew up to be killed by government forces. He said a western journalist death would give bad publicity for Damascus.
Syria is sliding back into violence after a UN-brokered peace plan failed to bring the rival forces in the country to negotiation table. The worst of the incidents of renewed bloodshed were two massacres of civilians in the villages of Houla and al-Qubair.
Opposition blame the killings on pro-government paramilitary forces, while Damascus says both incidents were provocations carried out by terrorist groups. The UN observer mission currently deployed in Syria failed to establish for certain who committed the atrocities. The conflict in Syria has been raging for 15 months now, with the exact death toll difficult to establish.
UN estimates that about 10,000 people have been killed in the violence.

Alright so apparently the rebels have got chemical weapons and they are not afraid to use it.
Could they use this against us in the future if it is true?
I think there is a chance that it will be a similar story like with Iran.
All we can do is wait and see.

www.rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/6/12 by hellzdoms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There was a UK Channel 4 reporter on RT the other night saying that the rebels intentionally tried to get himself and his crew killed.

Link:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This whole Syria thing is a bunch of horsepucky. The fear-mongering propaganda increases by the day. I predict military action against them before the end of June. Obama needs another feather in his cap before November, and the military-industrial complex needs Syria under control before they can invade Iran.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I love how ATS seems to always back the dictator and slander the rebels. Just go down the list and you can bet ATS's left wing is backing the establishment.

-Libya
-Egypt
-Syria
-OWS

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
I love how ATS seems to always back the dictator and slander the rebels. Just go down the list and you can bet ATS's left wing is backing the establishment.

Who's backing the dictator? The whole thing is a clusterfuc|< engineered to propagate fear, and garner public outrage so the US can invade.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mc1km

Thank you for linking.
Certainly will show some

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

-Libya
-Egypt
-Syria
-OWS

obama is a dicttater?
he installs al cia duh in libya who gave the rebels who he supports in syria chemical weapons..

Is he Still head of the UN security council while president of the US?
guess he is

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Quick point. There is no evidence to support these claims (though believable). RT news just references a 'report' (a more appropriate title would be 'opinion-piece') in 'dampress.net, which it offers no link to. A search of the article on DamPress.net only offers a brief, opinion-based paragraph on the subject, with no proof.

Where's the proof?

From the article:

The report by DamPress claims the opposition group in possession of the weapons is being trained in its use inside Turkey. No further detail on the alleged conspiracy is given.

Unfortunately, they offer no link to the "DamPress" report.

A search of DamPress.net offers this hardly-definiative story:

(translated using google translate)

How to understand talk of bulls stable Ottoman Council of the Syrian army on the use of chemical weapons? Long as the Press How to understand talk of bulls stable Ottoman Council of the Syrian army on the use of chemical weapons? Where there were frequent before the news for the bulls to provide chemical weapons from Libya and they are trained to use in Turkey And the latest news from the use of these weapons, the Syrian army is to pave the media for accusing later with - God forbid - when used by terrorists against civilians ... We are confident that our military hero will prevent this from happening - God forbid

www.dampress.net...

edit on 10-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

u got it all backwards.... its bashad al assad that has the chemical weapons, what your posting is ridiculous twisted news

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

-Libya
-Egypt
-Syria
-OWS

how is it you managed to combine 'Left-wing' with the supporting of "Dictatorships"?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

-Libya
-Egypt
-Syria
-OWS

Yes, because clearly when one is graced with living in a "binary world" as much as yourself, it's either "With us or against us" out there. Clearly if you criticize anything you're with the enemy. An enemy which is of yet, undefined, as none of these incidents (disregarding the OWS plug) involved an actual 'enemy' of America.
edit on 24-7-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I just don't support the rebels, because I don't really know who they are. Many of them are Islamists and as in Libya many have connections with Al Qaeda. Why do you support these terrorists? They are not the innocent freedom fighters our media would like to portray them as. Do you think they want democracy or for Syria to be an Islamist state like they intend for Libya and Egypt.

I'm not saying Assad is a good guy, he clearly isn't, but to blindly follow the rebels because the MSM paints them as freedom fighters rather than terrorists. It's funny how that works isnt it. When these rebels were fighting against western forces in Iraq , we called them terrorists, now they are our friends.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Surely... SURELY there's someone who wanted to defect, who in turn stayed in 'double agent style' who has the ability to get any number of Syrian military weapons, they are probably sitting alone and unused in those bunker style munitions depots.
why go to Libya?

its a very real chance of happening, whats weird is there's been so much media coverage and saturation of the words '' chemical weapons '' that sometimes I think its already happened...

edit on 24-7-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiphoprevolution
reply to post by hellzdoms

u got it all backwards.... its bashad al assad that has the chemical weapons, what your posting is ridiculous twisted news

What I posted a month ago bare in mind.
Things change over time remember that.

new topics

top topics

join