It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I prayed for reassurance about dying/ the afterlife, and received a wonderful dream within the hour.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi everyone. In this thread I make no predictions, and I simply share an experience that has greatly encouraged me.

I would ask that everyone who chooses to respond will bear in mind that this thread covers very personal circumstances of my own family life. If you don't believe in God, or the power of prayer, or in the afterlife - I would appreciate if you don't post a critical reply. Save the debates for another thread where that is the topic. This is simply aimed at being an encouragement to those that need such.

So bit of background: I've been experiencing a lot of turmoil in my life recently, such as eight months of severe depression (now healed, thank God). Also a long-term illness which hasn't healed, and being out of work as a result. I'm a Christian, and believe that there are real powers of light and darkness active in the world today. Part of my recent issues have related to a sort of spiritual warfare, where the malevolent powers have sought to crush my faith. Often their attacks come in dreams, and I tend not to share the details of those experiences as they are very negative.

I realised last night that my confidence in the afterlife, and the prospect of a Heaven, had been diminished lately, primarily by the severity of the 'spiritual warfare'. I was surprised to find that on reflection, I was actually quite scared to die - this wasn't previously the case, I'd always had a confidence that death wasn't to be feared.

So I prayed a very simple prayer, and asked God to reassure me about the process of dying, and about what comes next.. I didn't expect such a rapid answer, or such an overwhelmingly beautiful example chosen as the mode of reassurance.

Within a few minutes of praying, I fell asleep. It was around half-past midnight. I seemed to go straight into a dream, where I found myself standing in my Grandma's back garden, smoking a cigarette at dawn. The rest of the family were asleep indoors, and I was content to look around the garden and muse on the peace of the place. I had no idea I was dreaming - I thought this was actually happening.

As I looked round, I noticed two massive tree stumps set in one of the borders where previously only shrubs had been growing (my Grandma is, and Grandad was when he was alive, a keen gardener). I was surprised to see this, but for some reason didn't yet realise I was dreaming. I just thought ''The kids will love playing on those'', as they were truly huge, immoveable in the truest sense of the word. I began to think about how my Grandma had suggested that we move into the house after she passes away. I thought about simple things like covering the pond with mesh so the youngest son doesn't fall in, and about changing the layout of the garden so it's easier for non-gardening folk like me and the wife to maintain..

Just then someone drove off in my Grandma's car. A stranger, not malevolent, just looking like he was the new owner of the vehicle. I went out to the front garden and saw one of the neighbours putting out the recycling. She stared at me for a moment, seeming not to recognise me, perhaps wondering whether I had a right to be there.

I went back into the back garden and stood part-way up the path, towards the rear section of the garden. I turned to look at the rear of the house, and was surprised to see that where a section of wall should have been, now was situated the front door in perfect detail; just on the wrong side of the house. I then noticed that behind the frosted glass of the door, I could see the figure of my Grandad, and the sense was that he was waiting to open the door for someone. At this point, knowing that Grandad passed away a few years earlier, I realised I was dreaming, and woke up. Looking at the clock, it was a little after 1:30am.

The main points that stood out as 'signs' to me on waking were:

a) The tree stumps. I got the sense that these represented the legacy of my Grandparents upon the Earth. Though the trees themselves were gone, they had grown so strong and tall that it was impossible to remove the memory of them without completely destroying the garden they had worked for years to create.

b) The front door appearing on the wrong side of the house. I got the impression that this was a subtle hint that I was seeing into 'The Other Side', or the Heavens...

c) That my Grandad was waiting by the front door. It is clear to me that he is waiting there for my Grandma, so that they can be reunited when she eventually passes away.

d) That the dream suggested strongly (in other ways that I haven't mentioned here as they are too personal) that me and my young family would be able to move into the property when Grandma does pass away. The way that I imagined the children playing around and on the tree stumps suggests that the legacy of my Grandparents would be a strong, formative influence on my children.

So I hope this is an encouragement to you - it certainly was to me. As a result of the dream we're planning to visit my Grandma sooner rather than later; who knows, it may be that we're being told that she isn't long for this Earth. She herself has been talking about who will receive little bits and pieces of her jewelry, and who will inherit the house etc, so maybe the dream is a reminder to spend more time with her before she goes to be with Grandad again.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
smoking a cigarette at dawn in heaven.....cool
does this mean God knows about smoking.....of course.
so, it was a strong sense of family, huh! that's the way it should be...Everyone remember....they're up in paradise watching and waiting for us. we go to paradise the same day we leave this earth, and heaven comes later, after the millenium,huh!!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I really liked the frosted glass image of your grandfather. That seems like such an excellent analogy of Heaven! Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I read this and it has my tingle system go wild nice truth.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Nice dream. We will be reunited with loved ones who have resurrected. We're the ones who are dead, our resurrection is still waiting.

Ofcourse there will be no marrying, no husbands nor wives where Yeshua is, for all those things pass away when we leave here.

Keep Yeshua's commandments and his faith and you have no reason to worry, he will take care of you, he has already promised, so do not fear.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Funny how god seems to only do stuff in people's heads. Wonder why he did'nt just wisper in your ear while you were wide awake. Why no burning bushes? Your brain gave you what you programed it to give you through your thoughts. Believe what you wish of course.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is amazing that you got your message so quickly, I would say that the question has been forming for far longer than not and even though you consciously "asked" prior to the dream, I would say you have been asking for some time. I fully concur with the Spiritual warfare that is upon us all, sometimes I am so lost by it all and yet I am able to "overcome" it when I rationalize my position with the Lord.

What prompts me to write is that this is the first time I think I have ever heard of the front door being on the backside of the house. To me, Spiritually, life is a "house" and when we arrive in this world we are just walking through the front door of our house. As we grow and live we add things to the house, rooms filled with things, and so forth; and as we age we move further towards the "backdoor". What your dream says to me is that this was not the true "house", this physical world, and that the door we are being lead to is the "front door" of a new world! I love that! Thank you!

You are Blessed in that you have such a foundation of "heritage" within your life; that is such an incredible gift to bestow to a new generation and beyond!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Wonder why he did'nt just wisper in your ear while you were wide awake.

Sometimes He does. Words of knowledge and prophetic insight during times of prayer.

Why no burning bushes?

I've had waking visions too. But that isn't what this thread is about...

Your brain gave you what you programed it to give you through your thoughts.

Utter nonsense. Total and complete nonsense. But per your own words Xeven, you of course can feel free to keep your mind closed and believe what you want to believe. In scripture? ''The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God'..''

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I wasn't in Heaven, I was in a dream world - perhaps something akin to the astral plain. I was smoking a cigarette there, but I'm confident that in Heaven we won't need or have such things. Ideally I'd like to quit soon enough here on Earth!

And I'm sure that Heaven will have realms where families can live together, and grow in the knowledge of the Lord until the time when He makes all things new - at that time we'll see the fulfilment of:

'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived the things that God has prepared...'

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I love when I have dreams I'm with my grandparents. It's like God is showing me they are still around, and I know they are, in the next life. I felt so much loss when I lost my first grandparent, my grandmother, to cancer. She raised me in my teens and showed me love for the first time, and was also like a best friend. We did everything together and she was my favorite person ever. I remember feeling like I was left all alone on the planet when she went, and then I had a vision, and I could see her. She looked young, perfect, like really perfect, in a way I cannot put into words. It was hazy around here, but I knew in the vision that Jesus was right next to her, and they were in a garden. I remember the song that I love that they played at her funeral -

I Come To The Garden Alone Hymn

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

www.hymns.me.uk...

After that, I felt like she was just fine, right where she belonged, and everything was alright.

The neatest thing was how she looked, the immortal form is so amazing, and she looked "young", but not in the sense we know of. I obviously didn't know her when she was "young", but I knew for sure it was her.
edit on 10-6-2012 by saintinwaiting because: finished post

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So the OP shares a personal experience she feels she had from God, and request no critical replies, and what happens? A typical critic of anti-God intervention chimes in to scorn the experience.

Imagine the outrage if one was to dump similar scorn on the pro-gay threads abroad?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

As I looked round, I noticed two massive tree stumps set in one of the borders where previously only shrubs had been growing (my Grandma is, and Grandad was when he was alive, a keen gardener). I was surprised to see this, but for some reason didn't yet realise I was dreaming. I just thought ''The kids will love playing on those'', as they were truly huge, immoveable in the truest sense of the word. I began to think about how my Grandma had suggested that we move into the house after she passes away. I thought about simple things like covering the pond with mesh so the youngest son doesn't fall in, and about changing the layout of the garden so it's easier for non-gardening folk like me and the wife to maintain..

a) The tree stumps. I got the sense that these represented the legacy of my Grandparents upon the Earth. Though the trees themselves were gone, they had grown so strong and tall that it was impossible to remove the memory of them without completely destroying the garden they had worked for years to create.

Question: Do the trees you mention actually exist in your Grandmother's garden?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Hi everyone. In this thread I make no predictions, and I simply share an experience that has greatly encouraged me.

I would ask that everyone who chooses to respond will bear in mind that this thread covers very personal circumstances of my own family life. If you don't believe in God, or the power of prayer, or in the afterlife - I would appreciate if you don't post a critical reply. Save the debates for another thread where that is the topic. This is simply aimed at being an encouragement to those that need such.

Hi Fly,

S&F! Thanks for your experience. I have no doubt God did in fact convey to you via your HIGHER SELF through your dreams the REALITY of the AFTERLIFE!

Just wait until the day that GODS COMMUNICATION happens to you when you are conscious and walking around.

You will KNOW that GOD is REAL!

However BEWARE the day that the DEVIL does the SAME!

YOU will KNOW they are REAL....

but do you KNOW Fly....

that...

YOU are GOD and the DEVIL?

= THE "ONE" GOD!

edit on 10-6-2012 by neotech1neothink because: S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neotech1neothink

Sorry but your reply demonstrates that you don't really have any idea how this all works, and I believe you are quite fully deceived. I appreciate you mean well, but please have a good close look at some alternative viewpoints.

I am not God, neither am I the Devil. I am body, soul and spirit, and exist as a conscious being because the spark of God's life is in me.

As the child is not the father, neither is the soul its own maker.

The whole 'higher self' and 'be your own god' thing is a deception from the pit of hell. I could talk at length about the way this deception has come about, and the way that the 'Prince of the Powers of the Air' (Satan) operates in this world, but that isn't what this thread is about...

Wishing you well.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Golden Rule

No, the trees don't exist in actual reality. On waking I was convinced that the image was designed to show me the way in which Heaven views my grandparent's earthly legacy.

Jeremiah 17 puts it like this:

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”

My grandparents are/ were faithful Methodists, who lived frugally, enjoying simple pleasures - they put their time and resources into serving others. They were careful to promote Godly values to their children/ grandchildren, and have/ had a simple faith that they lived out in their actions. I believe they are/ were seen by Heaven as 'righteous', in as much as any one of us can be so.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Thanks for the support; however, I'm actually a man. Hopefully I don't come across as a woman too often

I answered the critic and he hasn't come back yet, so I'm content to leave him to his dull, grey & critical thoughts for the time being. I feel sorry for him, that he has closed his mind off to the possibility of God, Heaven etc. It truly is foolishness to try and convince oneself that God doesn't exist.

Life is so much richer when Heaven smiles down.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Sorry but your reply demonstrates that you don't really have any idea how this all works, and I believe you are quite fully deceived. I appreciate you mean well, but please have a good close look at some alternative viewpoints.

I am not God, neither am I the Devil. I am body, soul and spirit, and exist as a conscious being because the spark of God's life is in me.

As the child is not the father, neither is the soul its own maker.

The whole 'higher self' and 'be your own god' thing is a deception from the pit of hell. I could talk at length about the way this deception has come about, and the way that the 'Prince of the Powers of the Air' (Satan) operates in this world, but that isn't what this thread is about...

Wishing you well.

Hi FlyInTheOintment,

GOD IS EVERYTHING.
NOTHING EXISTS APART FROM HE.

YOU are GOD
YOU are DEMON
YOU are DARK
YOU are LIGHT

ALL IS GOD THERE IS NO SEPARATION.

THE ABOVE ARE ILLUSIONS CREATED BY HIM TO FORM THIS HOLODECK WHICH GOD LIVES AND LEARNS IN!

THE ABOVE THINGS WHICH YOU THINK ARE OPPOSITES. THEY ARE NOT. THEY ARE JUST HE. AS YOU ARE COMPLETELY HE. HIS BODY AND HIS SPIRIT. NOT "YOUR" BODY AND "YOUR" SPIRIT!

GET IT?

DON'T WORRY YOU WILL ONE DAY!

SOME DAY YOU WILL.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You are mistaken, and deluded. Writing everything in capital letters does not make it true. You have clearly never recognised a true experience of either demonic or angelic visitation. I've experienced both, and can assure you that you are utterly deluded if you think that angels and demons are somehow one and the same.

Demons are real, and they are laughing their socks off at people like yourself. That's no criticism, just a plain truth. I pray that God will reveal the actual truth to you, and that the hold these demonic deceptions have upon your life, mind, soul and spirit will be broken.

Don't post the same stuff again, because you are crippling the actual purpose of this thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I would be happy if there was a loving god and a nice wonderful heaven to go to but the facts are there is no evidence to make me believe so. If you ever actually study critically human history and the history of the religious doctrin "Bible" you read, you too will realize it is all human fabrication.

We don't know how the universe was created nor if there is a creator. Maybe one day God will stop hiding from the billions of people heading to hell and love them and give them some evidence to believe in him so they to can be saved. I doubt it however.

All modern religions where born thousands of years after the first men began to speak and write. Why was god so absent for so long? I firmly believe all modern religion is completely made up by ancient humans and heavily censored and modifed by multiple cultures for thousands of years

I used to believe but I have grown up. I do however accept there is a lot we do not know yet about our origns and potential after life. I just have serious doubts.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

reply to post by GBP/JPY

I was smoking a cigarette there, but I'm confident that in Heaven we won't need or have such things.

Whoa whoa whoa wait! There won't be any cancer in heaven, but it better have tobacco fields! And coffee. OMG, an eternity without coffee??? Oh the horror!

new topics

top topics

join